IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 27

Coconut Flan

Jessa finally has the Spurge, Jill bumbles around Central America, etc.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, they hammered in the idea of Joshley's scandals looming over happy moments in his victims' lives (I think as some sort of shaming ploy to discourage uproar). Last week, they addressed the scandals and tested their favorite tropes of manufactured story lines on the post-scandal audience. This time we will see them test their vse efforts on us. I expect it to be even more boring than the last two.

So they're replaying the first two specials.  I really cant figure out why, they have no advertisers and its not like theres a plot that people have to follow.  Too bad all the really big football games were earlier in the day or I could hope that they all have dismal ratings.  

Even the blurb on IMDb is boring. "Jessa and Ben have dinner with family friends who have gone through the adoption process."

I have never watched even a minute of this family, and that is not exactly enticing me to start. I may have some paint to watch dry. That would be positively exciting compared to...a couple of dumbass kids pretending they're going to adopt kids.

I have the reruns on tv in the background while I do some work.  I'm struck by how damned STUPID they all sound.  Endless huhuhuhuh laughing and "like" "like "like."  And most of them talk through their noses.  Especially Bin sounds like he needs to give his nose a good blow.

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So they're replaying the first two specials.  I really cant figure out why, they have no advertisers and its not like theres a plot that people have to follow.  Too bad all the really big football games were earlier in the day or I could hope that they all have dismal ratings.  

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked is on at 9 :D

19 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

I have the reruns on tv in the background while I do some work.  I'm struck by how damned STUPID they all sound.  Endless huhuhuhuh laughing and "like" "like "like."  And most of them talk through their noses.  Especially Bin sounds like he needs to give his nose a good blow

They are all adults, in their 20's and they struggle to form sentences. I have never encountered people who have such trouble speaking. Jessa is ok. The rest are hard to watch. Especially Ben. I hate to say it but who ever coaches the Duggar kids to speak on camera needs to work with Bean and Derrick. And Jill, the fake sobbing...we all see there are no tears. 

I hope Jill doesn't fake-cry in this like she did in special #2. it makes me wonder if she's a sociopath. She just goes through the motions of things. Almost robotic.

Anna is the only one who speaks relatively normally, except for the annoying "aaand.." she uses.

I noticed that in these specials, it seems the Duggars aren't being coached as they were in the past with a producer.  Their speech sounds flat (especially Jill and Jessa).  Jessa sounds downright depressed with her flat affect.

3 minutes ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I hope Jill doesn't fake-cry in this like she did in special #2. it makes me wonder if she's a sociopath. She just goes through the motions of things. Almost robotic.

I'm pretty sure Josh is a sociopath. Jill, I don't think so. I just think she's bought into the Truman Show way more than everyone else has and is just doing what she's pretty sure she's supposed to do.

6 minutes ago, amers said:

They are all adults, in their 20's and they struggle to form sentences. I have never encountered people who have such trouble speaking. Jessa is ok. The rest are hard to watch. Especially Ben. I hate to say it but who ever coaches the Duggar kids to speak on camera needs to work with Bean and Derrick. And Jill, the fake sobbing...we all see there are no tears. 

Okay. I'm not going to lie. I'm in my 20s, I'm pursing a graduate degree and I say like all the damn time. It's a pretty regional thing. 

The fake sobbing is totally just JIll though. 

My grandma is currently watching the re-airing of the specials and she says "That one girl [anna] looks just like the sisters!!" and I was making fun of it and I realized I do the impression of how they speak a little too well... :my_confused:

I'm currently watching Twister on A&E, and I got an Outlander Coloring book today so I'm going to color too as soon as the kids are done cleaning the kitchen from dinner. 

We're back watching the baby shower for the eleventyth time.  

Am I the only one who notices ... what happened to the "160 confirmed yeses" that Sierra mentioned?

There are nowhere near 160 people, even including every single Duggar family member.  Several empty white chairs at white tables.

9 minutes ago, hollywood said:

My grandma is currently watching the re-airing of the specials and she says "That one girl [anna] looks just like the sisters!!" and I was making fun of it and I realized I do the impression of how they speak a little too well... :my_confused:

I always thought that too but I never realized how creepy that was until just now. Of course he would be attracted to people who look like his sisters. Eeegh. 

Now we have a bonus scene.  oh goody.  Now Sierra is baby-talking and calling a bunch of dads to do a baby bottle drinking contest.

Listening to them sing Sierra's miraculous, marvelous, magnificent party-planning skills is nauseating.  

Also, the Dfam surely has too much money and time on their hands these days, if they need a professional party planner for every single birthday party and whatever.  I sure do remember the days when, for birthdays, the girls put together a big pan of "ice cream sandwich birthday cake."  I guess the royalty is above that now.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived