IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 27

Coconut Flan

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Did I miss her or have they avoided showing Teresa's face?

Very much so. Are we 100% sure it was her there? If not, did what little we saw point to her or someone else?

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What the heck is that?

Bible bowl? It was one of the tlc commercials. Kids stuck memorizing the bible for hours without food. Sounds exactly up Jimbobs ally. There was even a mother telling her kid to pull it together for the cameras.

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Bin looked so out of it when Jessa said told him to say the name 

Well those first days...weeks are pure exhaustion so im not surprised. 

My C#1 was in Quiz Bowl in school.  Their team won several state championships.  However, it was done well with teachers as coaches.  Some of us parents served as timekeepers, scorers, etc.  Others of us (educators) would serve as moderators.

NOTHING at all like this new freak show.

loved the song at the end 

was slightly embarrassed that jana said he has dark hair 

gave jessa props for giving birth - well that and money she was paid 

and Ben well he seemed overwhelmed - All the time 

and in the video - the newest one with them - jessa has the bangs

and who caught Jill crying when jessa had spud

and CALLED It - no picture of the midwife - unless someone else saw her

and the shoulder picture is a video :D

must discuss the previous epsiode bonus scene 

and in the tlc video - CALLING it now - they are on a new ADVENTURE for the show - visit the sister and brother in law wherever they are

Here's a short summary I made for those of you who didn't watch: 

Jessa and Ben Jessa invites another family over for dinner. They’ve adopted a kid (Noel) and Jessa and Ben talk about how they’re planning to adopt too once the Spurge is at least 9 months old. Jessa says she’s going to start taking classes soon. How many kids are they going to have? Ben keeps talking about wanting 15 sons.

Jessa has a lot of contractions and does not look happy. She makes an admirable effort of trying to look good for the cameras, but you can tell the pain is getting to her. Jill was on video chat with them during labor. It eventually escalates to the point where Jessa is moaning and screaming pretty bad. When Spurgeon is finally emergenon, he’s covered in blood and screaming like a big healthy baby. The family is happy and celebrating and glad to announce that it’s a boy.

Then things took a turn for the worse, Jessa started gushing blood, and Michelle called 911. The EMTs come and take Jessa. At the hospital, she gets a blood transfusion and that seems to make a huge difference.

Jessa got bangs and looks adorable.

Jill and Derick: Dill and Israel are living with Derick’s mom in an apartment in Central America and are enjoying their vacation. Derick can barely ask “how many kids are in the orphanage right now?” with correct grammar. What has he been doing in language study? How is he going to spread the gospel when he can barely communicate basic sentences? He also can’t pronounce rain. Jill listens to people speaking in Spanish but she can’t respond in Spanish herself. At least Derick tries. Jill goes on a lot of field trips. She goes to an orphanage for a day and a midwife office for a day where she talks to everyone in English. So far, she hasn’t done anything productive in the country at all. Jill says she is not currently pregnant.

Anna: Anna, Jessa, and some of the other girls talk about their hobbies (having babies) and their ambitions (having more babies) while they cook food for Ben. Anna reminisces about her living in Ben and Jessa’s current house. Anna seems to be doing okay on camera. Who knows how she’s really holding up.

The boys: Ben and a carfull of his brother in laws go out for giant pizza and prayer. It’s a wild party.

27 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Every single time I see Josiah I wonder why they can't go to a dang dermatologist.

I always think of their book where they wax poetic about how they honor God to cover up their blemishes and show their beauty...

3 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Bible bowl? It was one of the tlc commercials. Kids stuck memorizing the bible for hours without food. Sounds exactly up Jimbobs ally. There was even a mother telling her kid to pull it together for the cameras.

Is this some sort of medieval torture?

31 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I haven't either. I want to see clips of this to compare her Spanish to my last Spanish teacher (who pronounced the "h" in "hola" as a hard h). 

Like Peggy Hill? :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

Very much so. Are we 100% sure it was her there? If not, did what little we saw point to her or someone else?

I know Teresa has dark hair, but that's it. The midwife could have been anyone. It's telling, though, that they refused to name her or even say the word "midwife," just "birth team." 

THE SPURGE COMETH - Part 5

The warning is flashed about live births... The front lawn is COVERED with parked cars

11 AM - 20 hours of labor

Jana - She's been in labor and is a trooper

Shot of Jessa groaning that its painful.  She is wearing a purple shirt that isnt quite a tank top, but definitely show shoulder.  She walks with Ben out a door.  Michelle coos "jessa is doing awesome in labor."  A green sheet is hanging in a hallway, not sure whats up with that.  Meeshelle tells us that they're going for a walk.  They walk into the kitchen, all the blinds are closed and its dark (why??) Michelle follows them, she may be filming - there is lettering on a door outside that says "be of god."  Michelle says "its a good day to be born."  Jessa leans on Bin.

Michelle - Ben was solid, he stuck by her side... 

They walk in the backyard holding hands, her dress looks like it may be "modest swimwear."  Michelle continues to narrate: "Jessa is 8 centimeters dialated Having really good contractions, doing great"

Bin TH - As labor was ramping up she was in pain and I was feeling it too. I was like "hopefully the baby comes soon so this will be over."  It kept draggin on, I was like "ugh."

A sign hangs above the window that says "happy fall, yall."  Its hand made

A phone rings - its 4 PM - 25 hours in labor.  Joy answers, saying its JInger.  Joy appears to be back at the TTH

Anna stands by, theres no baby yet... Jinger says she's dilated to 9... Anna says "any minute!:

6 PM - 27 hours

Michelle films on an iphone.  Jill was video chatting.  Jessa groans, Ben holds her.  

Jinger - It was hard to hear jessa in so much pain.

Michelle coos "good job, jessa."

Jinger - It was hard not being able to do anything, so I just prayed for her.

Voice - I want you to feel that, right there, thats your baby's head

Michelle - Thats your baby, right there.

Boob (TTH)

Reads text that Jessa is pushing.  

Back to Jessa - she groans and pushes.  She says that it hurts.  Ben holds her shoulders.

Jessa TH - WHen I got to the point where my body started pushing it was encouraging... 

She is laying ON TOP of Ben pushing.  Someone is wearing Gloves.  Jill watches on the phone.  Spurge is born, bloody... wrapped in a towel... and cries. Michelle says the date and time "praise jesus."  Tells Jessa she's a champ.

The text comes through at the TTH - Jordyn answers the phone because she's Jessa's buddy... Its a boy!

They all celebrate. Anna yells congrats.  

At the house JIll tells Jessa that she always guesses wrong.

Bin - WHen the baby finally arrived it was a big sigh of relief.  We got to see our son for the first time.

Jessa - We got to snuggle with him for a while...  Then things kind of changes a little bit.

911 call - Michelle - Mother is bleeding after birth, she's alert and awake.  baby is doing wonderful.

Michelle TH - Right after the baby was born she had a gush of blood, and it was more blood than what should have occurred.

Bin TH - It was kind of scary, it was like "whoa that a lot of blood all at once. I was a little bit nervous."

Jana TH - There have been a couple of births I have seen where a mom has lost blood.  This was the most I had seen and at that moment you kind of go into panic mode and I was thinking of these other situations and I was like "this cant happen to my sister."

The next day at the hospital

Michelle - The Dr checked Jessa out at the labor and delivery room and said she was doing good. and that she was not having major bleeding at that point.  The next day as she would get up she would be light headed.

Jessa gets a blood transfusion.  Bin jokes she'll be more energetic.

Jessa is shown WEARING A TANK TOP at the hospital, holding spurge, with Bin in the bed with her. 

Producer - Was childbirth better or worse than you expected?

Jessa - WORSE.  I said to my mom, I dont know how you did this 19 times.  I think the size probaby had something to do iwth the difficulty

Michelle TH - Jessa was MY biggest baby, I was shocked to learn that this baby was 9 pounds 11 ounces.  It was really a shock

(Bin wipes spurge's butt)

Michelle - Just the size of his head, chest, shoulders... he was like a barrel.

Back at the house, the family arrives to meet spurge.  They all want to hold him.

Jinger TH - it was a unique situation, passing around a nameless child... Grandma duggar hold Mer and spurge... They joke about not having a name... 

Jessa TH - We decided on his name last night... they discuss whether they are sure about the name.

Bin - Spurgeon Elliott Seawald...  

Shots of various duggars holding spurge.

Joy - I think that after all that has happened over the last couple of months its really good we have something we can smile about and just enjoy.

Anna - Children are such a blessing.  I think god knew that, in this season of life that we're in, with all that we have walked through, this year especially this summer, to have a new baby going into the fall and just the time to say "ok, breathe and start fresh."  (Um, so we forgot about YOUR new baby, Anna?)

Josie and the others hold him...

Jessa TH - I cant believe he's ours... bad music plays... 

Bonus scene - Bin - The birth was amazing... Jessa has bangs...

OMG that was SO FUCKING BORING

2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I know Teresa has dark hair, but that's it. The midwife could have been anyone. It's telling, though, that they refused to name her or even say the word "midwife," just "birth team." 

someone had blonde hair - some lady who got all the blood on her knees 

Jim boob and Me'chelle got A LOT of air time. Not happy with that, it was almost like the old show just featured the 2 married girls.  I wonder if that was their point,ease the parents back in, we saw them more each episode 

What a bloody bore that was.

Bin is dumber than a sack of rocks.

Be gone now, Duggars!  Don't you dare try to gin up more specials by adopting innocent children.

8 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Like Peggy Hill? :pb_lol:

Yeah, pretty much the same skill level. One of my friends whose mother was a Spanish teacher and father was from South America (I forget where, oops) convinced this teacher that jerk in Spanish is "jerko." With the j pronounced like it is in English. Yeah, I didn't learn much that year. I unlearned a lot though. 

I actually thought this was the best of the 3. It seemed more relaxed, less stumbly. I was blown away at Michelle. To me, she sounded normal. Wel, normal for her. But not medicated and such. She also made sure she went with Jessa to the hospital. She was authoritatuve, she told Ben you ride with her I'll follow. Not wishy washey. I think the weird 911 call was part from nervousness. I mean. If Jan a has been a doula and this was the worst she's seen, I'm sure Michelle that's had 19 kids was freaked out. 

Jill and Derrick were more entertaining too. Much more relaxed. I for sure thought they were going to announce a pregnancy. I was surprised when she flat out said not pregnant. Lol 

33 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

I know it's irritating (I'm a huge geography and travel nerd myself) but someone here pointed out that it may be a matter of viewers not knowing where Guatemala is and I would bet that's the case. It's amazing how little many Americans know about geography - I've had many a time of biting my tongue because of ridiculous questions about places I've gone, and I haven't gone anywhere *that* crazy.

I was at work one day a few years ago talking to a co-worker about my upcoming honeymoon in Rome.  I'm not joking, he asked me if I was going to see the Eiffel Tower while I was there. :doh:

Well, Ben did stay right there and hold Jessa during the labor in the film anyway. Better than Joshley. Can't believe i'm paying Bin a compliment. 

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, Ben did stay right there and hold Jessa during the labor in the film anyway. Better than Joshley. Can't believe i'm paying Bin a compliment. 

Spot on. "I might be awake for 48 hours" vs. "OH MY GOD LABOR IS SO HARD ON A HUSBAND I BETTER REST."

7 minutes ago, Childless said:

I was at work one day a few years ago talking to a co-worker about my upcoming honeymoon in Rome.  I'm not joking, he asked me if I was going to see the Eiffel Tower while I was there. :doh:

A friend of mine in the Peace Corps in Zambia (I should ask her if she ever ran into the Shraders) got really annoyed with relatives who couldn't be bothered to look at a map before sending her "OMG DO YOU HAVE EBOLA WATCH OUT FOR EBOLA" messages. Zambia is thousands of miles away from the countries where the outbreak happened. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is right up there with Derick saying that he would enjoy a man shower...

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And Anna looking for her vibrator.

And Derick also saying that Jill would know he was about to propose due to there being a bulge in his pocket. :brainbleach:

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived