IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 27

Coconut Flan

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Saith the Jill, "this could be us one day".

no. Just no. You cannot run an orphanage. :kitty-cussing:

Why not? Her parents did!

Blathering on - Part 2

BTW - Plated, warners, gold bond are now on my shit list for advertising. I've actually used plated.  It will be cancelled tonight.

Jessa and Bin take maternity pictures.  Jinger is NOT the photographer, its a family friend who "made an exception"... 

Jessa says she's been doing "bump" updates but they wanted a professional shoot too.

Jessa and the photographer talk aout whether she will go late.  SHe's afraid he'll be massive. Jessa says they havent agreed on a name...

Back to the pictures, ben wants to pick her up. Jessa wont let him.  He's not allowed to pick him up until she loses the weight... scales dont lie.

They use an olde time camera... kool...  Jessa says her belly button is out so the "turkey timer" shows its done.

CENTRAL AMERICA (insert culturally appropriate musak)

Jill goes to a midwife clinic to volunteer (she's sans izzy).  She's excited to get "hands on bellies".  She wants to see how women recieve care here so she can take it on the mission field.  The woman talks to her in english.  Jill stares and smiles like michelle does.  They talk about how they think they cant have cheese and other old wives tales.

Jill - I'm confident in my skills and training, but its different here...

Derick and Cathy carry Izzy to a market.  They have all kinds of things... Derick is surprised at how much it rains.  When he walks to school his feet get wet.  he needs boots.

The market is differnt than the states... and in a different language.  They find shoes but he thinks it will behard to find his size because he's taller.  Feet are different here... 

Jill - feels a belly OMG ITS NOT COVERED!!! HUSSIE!!!!  Jill explains her doplar was a gift from her husband.  

Jessa - this is a perfect fit for jill.  She loves the "latin" culture and midwifery is her thing.  She's been on a role, getting stuff done and getting certified. She just got her certification and now she can use it on her mission.

JIll - I'm looking forward to using my midwifery skills to eduate women. I'm not sure how many I'll do because I have my own little one but I want to impart my knowledge (really JIll, YOUR knowledge is better than actual midwives???)

Derrick carries Izzy... sideways "this is how the latinos hold the baby."  Then he puts him on his shoulders.

Derrick TH - He's just along for the ride, he doesnt understand whats goind on.

Derrick continues to look for shoes... 

Derick TH - this was a good opportunity to practice my conversational spanish.  I have a lot more to learn, there are 100,000 words and I know 136.

He buys shoes for Israel. They got NEW boots for $30... he is proud because he couldnt get 1 pair for that much in the states.

Jill shows up, she's wearing sandals... 

Derick TH - Its great to have mom here as we transition. It will be hard when she leaves.

20 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is right up there with Derick saying that he would enjoy a man shower...

And Anna looking for her vibrator.

Random comment:

So I have the same shirt as the one Jill is wearing in some of the interviews. It's a sheer shirt so it's understandable that she's wearing a tshirt under it. I wear it over a tank top. 

Jill has sewn up the V neck so that it's higher. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't know the way the shirt was supposed to link. Why do you need to raise the neckline of a shirt that you are clearly going to wear another shirt under it anyway? What purpose does that serve? You can't even have a low vneck that shows more of a tank top? 

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Derrick carries Izzy... sideways "this is how the latinos hold the baby."  Then he puts him on his shoulders.

Spoiler

r6iHKsF.jpg

Anna seems to have a good relationship with her sisters-in-law.

Jessa asking Anna how things have been for her the past few months...ugh. So awkward, and Jessa doesn't look like she even cares 

No, anna is not doing very well. She is barely keeping her head above water. She's had months to come to terms, and she went in to filming knowing she was going to have to talk about her asshole husband, and she's still tearing up each time. She's an adult living in a children's  a dormitory. This is a woman seriously struggling. 

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Let me call Jessa right now on skype, we 100% did not just text to plan this at the right moment...

and she was in labor with the full blown lips :D 

Well, I haven't watched any of the VSEs so far, but I may have to break down and watch this one. I just want to hear Jill's Spanish and snicker a bit. Not claiming to be fluent, but  I do try. :P

18 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Last thing Central American women need is gringo woman with fake midwife qualifications. 

I am guessing most of these clinics talk family planning too (either NFP or BC) Wonder what Jill would say...

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, I haven't watched any of the VSEs so far, but I may have to break down and watch this one. I just want to hear Jill's Spanish and snicker a bit. Not claiming to be fluent, but  I do try. :P

I haven't either. I want to see clips of this to compare her Spanish to my last Spanish teacher (who pronounced the "h" in "hola" as a hard h). 

Blathering on - Part 3

Its been a half hour, isnt it time for some spurge?

Its 3 days until her due date... We're shown shots of pictures in Jessa's house.  The girls are making meals.  Jana says that Jessa is getting ready to have the baby so they are putting together meals that Ben can easily pop in the oven.

Anna says the house is nice... she jokes about avoiding the bathroom for having the baby.  Jessa says its probably not bad except telling your birth story.Joy tells them to move over to the next topic.

Jessa - It wont be long "yall wont be embarassed by things like that"  They all laugh (anna, joy, jana, jessa are present). Once you're pregnant, you cant get embarassed like you used to.

Anna - When mac's water broke it was embarassing, I ruined the carpet.

Anna TH - It was refreshing to be there, doing normal, mundane things (HOLY SELF TANNER AND MUSTARD SWEATER). Its kind of a tender spot to be back in what was our starter home.  Ther are a lot of sweet memories, it was good to be back and remember... and ... have some time to look back.

Anna sits and holds mer, they talk about spurge and whether ben is nervous, he is. 

Jessa  - how have you been doing these past months?

Anna - Laughs - I think for everyone its been hard, but, its been a good opportunity to draw close to god and trusting god just for his wisdom to take the next step.  At one point it was like  - I feel like I've been in labor for days, you just want to get throught he next contraction and its been a lot like that (NOTE - IT APPEARS THAT HER WEDDING RING IS A DIFFERENT RING THAN THE BLING THAT SHE HAD LAST EPISODE)... Its special being here because the house is different, its definitely jessa and ben's house, but there are a lot of fun memories of starting out here.  She tears up and hold mer... we'll see what god has for us in the future

Jana TH -  Anna is doing really well with everything that has gone on. I think she has really come out very strong, not to say that it hasnt been hard and she doesnt have her moments where it is still challenging...

Back to cooking...

Jessa feels like she has everything she needs.  She has jinger neutral clothes then she'll look for hand me downs

Jinger/Jana TH - I think its really neat that Bin and Jessa decided to keep the jinder a secret, its something sooper speshyl for all them.

Joy TH - I think Bin will be super gentle

Jana TH - I think the baby will be a boy. 50/50 chance!

They make a pie and write instructions on the containers.

Anna - some people save the placenta

Jessa - Some people put it under a new tree

Joy - NOT

CENTRAL AMERICA

Jill skypes... Jessa has a shirt that says "touchdown" on it.  

Jill is excited to skype but is sad that she wont be there... Derick asks if Ben will yell "touchdown" when the baby is born.

Jill says its a girl, Derick a boy - Derick says he guesses boy because Jill guessed girl "we're one person so we're right and wrong, figure that out."

Jessa asks how they're settling... Jill says its rainy... its been good having cathy there, she's "sweet."  Jessa has a contraction and JIll tells her to breathe... 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived