IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 27

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Can we discuss now? What was it? 

I saw a couple bonus scenes.  One was Jessa and Bin doing arts and crafts.  I can't tell you how fascinating it was, not to mention the scintillating witty conversation.... and then they hung that crap on the wall!

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get onto People online this morning and the first article that I see is for the Duggars (Jill & Jessa: Counting On Recap: Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Is Ready for '15 Sons' as Sister Jill (Duggar) Dillard Teases Adoption Could Be Just Around the Corner)

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-jill-duggar-dillard-tlc-jill-jessa-counting-on-finale

Jessa was surprised as Ben dropped the bombshell that he envisions a future with "15 sons." ... Jessa said in an interview later: "I think it'd be awesome. I'd love to have 15 sons."

First, how are you going to support 15 sons. You live in a tiny house. Before you want 15 sons, maybe you should met the Arndt Family. They have 13 sons and none are married.

Jill and Derick confirmed they are – as of the end of the Counting On finale – neither actively adopting nor expecting another child.

The only way that I think Jill and Derick could adopt is if they adopt a child that is being rehomed. Also, Jessa and Ben.

The practice is highly controversial, and occurs when parents or individuals give custody of their adoptive children to others without the careful—albeit sometimes flawed—vetting process child protective services agencies use to determine whether people are suited to be taking care of children.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2015/03/20/startling-case-of-rehoming-unwanted-children-rattles-adoption-world/

Best Tweets of the Night:

#PostJosh @AnnaDuggar is absolutely gorgeous!! Someone find this girl a man that will actually treat her well!!! #JillAndJessa

How white southern Christian of this couple to not realize their Ugandan child wouldn't know English. #JillAndJessa

"Shopping w/ an infant is a lot different than shopping by yourself" -Derick. This is the kind of insight we get on this show #JillAndJessa

Oh, the Duggar boys are going to take Ben out to let loose for the day. Time to crack open the root beer and potato chips. #JillAndJessa

Who else wants #jessaduggar to let out a TON of expletives! #duggar

There are even less tweets from this Sunday than the prior Sunday. I didn't think it was possible.

I cannot believe that Ben and Jessa have a pencil drawing of themselves hung on the wall. Sisters Wives did the same thing this season. Is it a TLC thing?

Ben.jpg.fd30c41a1ba76da86f3dfbc14e1d73b2

From Sister Wives

Screenshot%2B2015-11-02%2Bat%2B6.43.48%2

No offense, but I find them creepy.

Here is a tweet from one reviewer regarding the drawing of Ben and Jessa:

See you in my nightmares. #JillAndJessa #countingon

Twitter informed me that US Weekly has their recap of the show up.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jill-and-jessa-counting-on-recap-jessa-duggar-is-rushed-to-the-hospital-after-48-hour-labor-w160436

"I think it would be awesome!" the former 19 Kids and Counting star exclaimed. "I'd love to have 15 sons!" Does anyone else sense a spin-off?

The rest of their recap was uninteresting and not snarky.

There is even a recap on Perez Hilton, but it is not snarky at all. I like snarky recaps.

http://perezhilton.com/2015-12-28-jessa-duggar-gives-birth-jill-and-jessa-counting-on-ben-seewald-video#.VoFXe_HP-CQ

10 hours ago, pumpkie0 said:

Did Jordan have a hospital bracelet on when she got the phone call?

First to know: Jordyn was the first to learn of the baby's delivery and sex

No, it is not a hospital bracelet. It appears to be a paper wristband. It looks like a bracelet that I get at a museum.

Article speculation on additional episodes for 2016:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/27/duggar-family-back-on-tlc-in-2016-more

So far, the network has not leaked any details about future Duggar family shows, but loyal fans are hopeful that they will see more about the Duggars, Dillards, and Seewalds in the coming year.

I would not be surprised if some of the Duggars get the Kate +8 treatment...a couple of specials, 1-2Xs a year. I guess it all depends on sponsorship.

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I don't agree here.  I don't think she was trying to inject herself everywhere.  I'm glad to see her relaxed around them enough to be herself and say what's on her mind.  I thought she was lighthearted and not obnoxious at all.   Talking to babies in an exaggerated voice is good for their speech development so if she said that to Meredith I don't see a problem there.  If it was to Mac or Micheal then it's too much but she's probably used to including the babies when she speaks to all her kids.

She said it to the younger boy. What is he, three? 

12 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

Did she do her own makeup? It looked very off to me. Her blush was just a crooked line above her cheekbones.  Her face has also thinned out quite a bit.

Family matriarch: Michelle Duggar praised Ben for being sweet toward Jessa during her labour

Totally agree that it appears that Michelle did her own makeup. TLC was most likely trying to get these shows on the cheap. She looked so much better when she had the makeover. I wish that she kept that look. My mother says that once you are a certain age, you shouldn't have long hair. No offense, I have to agree. A little haircut on Michelle would really help.

Anna is looking great compared to Michelle.

Tough time: Anna Duggar talked about the turmoil in her life the past few months following her husband Josh's molestation and cheating scandals

34 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

I saw a couple bonus scenes.  One was Jessa and Bin doing arts and crafts.  I can't tell you how fascinating it was, not to mention the scintillating witty conversation.... and then they hung that crap on the wall!

It was deeper than that.  They clearly had different opinions and she was trying to be sweet with her words, but looks and attitude were going a different way.  It was fascinating how he went on and on and how she went on an d on.  I think they like to pretend to be perfect.  But those two must have spirited fights and conversations.  And with the cameras away they can go at it - but with the camera there - I can only imagine how it went went discussing Spud's name.  This is only a preliminary discussion.  I have to re watch it again.  Because it was so fascinating 

Anna is stunning. It seems like she did some growing up and got some good advice from the DC women she was around.  As much as I want to feel sorry for Michelle...I just can't.  She helped create the monster and now she's got to live with how it all comes out.  

As for Ben....I really think he's just a typical dumb/pretty boy.  He managed to make it though an 18 month course at community college so he's got a brain in there...maybe he's just a ditz.  Kind of like the "GW Bush can't speak in public" hangup.  The sense is there but the articulation isn't.  

39 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

I agree that Anna looks amazing. If I was in her shoes I'd look like death warmed over, I'm sure. I can't help but wonder if she's been made-over in a desperate attempt to keep Josh from straying. Nothing wrong with looking as good as you can if you're doing it for yourself, but I find it sad and concerning if she's doing it to restore her marriage.

Ugh I can totally see someone (Michelle?) telling Anna to fix herself up so Josh wouldn't be tempted to go outside the marriage. 

I would say it was fundie marriage advice but I see that line of thinking in the secular world also

I enjoyed reading this thread this morning.  There was much entertainment with all the snarking, but none of the boredom from actually having to watch the program.

10 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

:pb_lol::pb_lol:

Bin looks like Jessa with a beard here

Is that monstrosity hanging in their home? 

57 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

The only way that I think Jill and Derick could adopt is if they adopt a child that is being rehomed. Also, Jessa and Ben.

I know Ben is a man-child and that Jill raised several of her siblings, but I doubt she'd be allowed to adopt Jessa and Ben. ;) 

41 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

Yes, it's like the artist started drawing Jessa and decided they made a mistake so they changed it into Bin.  Those are not his eyes.

Jeez, when Jessa said something along the lines of, "oh this is so painful," I can honestly say I shouted to the TV "NO SHIT!"

Ugh, I was driving back to my mothers from our extended family Xmas shindig (and idc if Xmas pet peeves anyone. Sorry not sorry. But I still love you?). So I missed the first showing at 9/8c. Then my bestie came over because I needed help trying to upload images from our work camera I was able to borrow. They ended up being corrupted. We went to his house to see if his comp program could extract them. No success. The photographs were gone and irretrievable. My heart bleeds. As he tried to extract it I turned his TV to TLC during the second airing to distract myself from my sorrow. And I honestly felt happy at the ending. I love babies and I'm happy for the Seewalds.

I feel a little pity for Spud but as he is a male, his life in fundieland will be infinitely easier.  Since Jessa was one of Joshly's victims, I would hope she would see the errors in her upbringing and try to raise Spud better. (And honey, you were a victim. There is no shame or weakness in that word. I was a victim of sexual assault by my ex-fiancé, the father of my son. But now I'm stronger.)

59 minutes ago, ElegantMajesticPearls said:

They have the exact same eyes, which is sort of freaking me out.  This drawing is begging to be someone's avatar.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got that done in Paris, as that's a popular touristy thing to do in Montematre.

The amount of blood made me gasp.  Why are Jill and Jessa so negligent when it comes to their children's lives? Also, Bin wants 15 sons? Does that mean that Jessa will have to raise her own kids? If they have no girls to do it for them? I hope this was the last we see of Jill, Jessa and the idiot husbands.

25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

They have the exact same eyes, which is sort of freaking me out.  This drawing is begging to be someone's avatar.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got that done in Paris, as that's a popular touristy thing to do in Montematre.

I think it was in Paris.  The furry hood was worn all around Europe on her honeymoon.

As for the amount of blood.  Some births are just bloodier and sometimes it's hard to judge what is blood and what is bloody fluid.  Births are messy.  I'm not sure we can point to negligence.  They did call the ambulance and she was fine.  It appears that Spud was never at risk.   I was actually surprised that she had a blood transfusion.  I would have expected that they would have just given her saline/fluids.  

In defense of home births and those attended by LICENSED midwives-nurse/ midwives do have the capability to start IVs for fluids and to give a petocin to help the uterus contract to help with bleeding.  

Of course, we still don't know who was attending the birth.  I will say that if it was just mom and sisters, that was negligent, so I guess I can agree with you as well :)

1 minute ago, Mothership said:

Of course, we still don't know who was attending the birth.  I will say that if it was just mom and sisters, that was negligent, so I guess I can agree with you as well :)

We actually talked about this is this thread: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24764-jessa-ben-spurgeon-those-smug-seewalds/?page=1

Here are some of the highlights:

This post was in no way made to slam Jill or Jessa. This statement was posted only to contradict the accusations made that A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery was the midwife at either birth. No midwives associated with A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery were a part of Jill or Jessa's births. I am in full support of a womans choice. However, the individual that attended Jessa and Ben's birth calls herself a midwife yet has had no training as a midwife. She is not licensed, she is not certified and she has been through no form of training. I think she made the right call in going to the hospital postpartum but I have personally witnessed her make very unwise decisions at a birth.

No wonder they only mentioned the Duggar women and Guin who attended.

My bet with the comments here is that Teresa Fedosky was the "midwife" involved in Jessa's birth. She is not licensed, never has been, she is not a midwife, she is not trained in anything. Her husband is a MD. The state has received several anonymous tips about her, but no one wants to file a formal complaint. Now Intouch or someone else reading this if you want to help with that go ahead. Glad they are all healthy, but unwise decisions were made. If Teresa was used then unsafe and unwise decisions were made. Believe me the state monitors this page, so post away and the leads will be followed.

There's lots of information in that thread regarding the birth of baby "Quincy". I recommend going back and reading it. It will open your eyes.

On the subject of advertisers for the specials: I caught the 10:30pm Central time zone replay of this episode last night, and there was a commercial for Dejavu Showgirls in Nashville promoting an upcoming appearance by Mama June from Honey Boo Boo. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

17 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Got my notecard ready to tally 'like' 'um' & 'and' :) 

edit..thought the special was at 8 lol...I will be ready at nine when it comes on 

Were you able to get a final count? 

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

To the second, I don't know about the situation in Guatemala. Are there midwives available everywhere? If that wasn't the case and I'd be a very pregnant woman about to go into labor with no help around then you bet I'd be glad to have Jill around. Other than that, you're probably right. Jill wouldn't be a first choice. 

Medically trained midwives are not necessarily available everywhere, but Jill doesn't seem to me to be much of a solution. A barely qualified, inexperienced midwife who doesn't speak the language and can hardly find the time to leave her apartment isn't even going to make a dent in the problem at best and could put the laboring mother at risk at worst. (What happens if Jill can't understand what the mother is saying is going wrong, and doesn't have the experience/training to recognize the complication herself? She could kill someone while trying to "help.") Even if she manages to avoid doing major damage, she'll be returning to the United States in a few months or at most a few years; she is not a permanent resource for the community.

The money that has been spent on Jill and Derrick's Guatemalan vacation could have been much better spent paying for midwifery training for local women, and would have gone a lot further in helping mothers and the communities as a whole.

15 hours ago, KSmom said:

I know it is too much to ask but the could have simply said We are in Guatemala a country in Central America just south of Mexico.

I think it shows a disrespect of others to not take the time to correctly discuss others culture.( I amnot sure I am getting across what I am trying to say here). But you cannot even begin to live and work in another culture if you are not respectful.

Agreed entirely about the culture, but I'm wondering if they are purposely not mentioning the country/area for the show? Maybe there are some kind of permissions that they are supposed to get for filming if they want to use the country name, and they didn't get them? Like when people have to talk about drinking "energy drinks" because they're not allowed to say Red Bull. Or else they maybe wanted some additional safety by not advertising where they were, although that was probably a waste considering their oversharing on social media.

I think Jill's speech about using her midwifery training to "educate" people was the most annoying part of the special. Assuming she wants to stop the spread of "old wives' tales" about pregnancy and birth, regaling them with Duggar knowledge is probably worse. Women living in poverty with limited access to healthcare do NOT need to be told that birth control causes miscarriage. They do not need to be taught submission. It's been shown that in developing countries, the more equality that women are allowed (especially in terms of finances and family planning), the more prosperous their families are.

And of course, there's the language barrier issue. The timeline is so screwed up that it's hard for me to get an idea of how much Jill had been trained in Spanish at the time of filming. If she'd only had a few weeks of lessons, I think she's doing pretty well. When the clinician asked her about the dopplar, she said it had been a gift from her husband; she remembered the relevant words and spoke them correctly. Her accent is pretty bad, but that's true of a lot of non-native speakers. Now, if she'd actually had months of private lessons at that point, as well as previous training (on prior mission trips or whatever), I'm not impressed. And really, even people who are totally fluent in spanish may not have the vocabulary to communicate about medical issues. That's another complete set of lessons in and of itself, and if they're planning to work that remotely, Jill's potential "patients" may not even speak Spanish.

One of the most frustrating parts about the Jill situation to me is that her basic idea to provide midwifery instruction in under-served communities isn't a bad one at all - it's just that she cut so many corners in going about it that she has the potential to do more harm than good.

If Jill had been serious about going to Guatemala to do midwifery training, she could have qualified as a certified nurse midwife. As an RN, she would be much more useful to the community she intends to serve. She could have gained a few years of experience working at an established midwifery practice before leaving the United States so she would become better able to recognize and treat complications that may arise, and also to observe how best to educate other midwives. During this time she could have studied Spanish with a tutor as she is now, so she could dive into full language immersion when they got there. She and Derrick could have either delayed childbearing for a little while to focus on their work, or waited until Izzy was a little older and less dependent before leaving.

That would have taken years, though. It would have taken actual hard work. And frankly, I don't get the impression Jill cares enough to devote years or actual hard work to "Central America."

This whole thing seems to me to be just a way to avoid having to get paid jobs because living on "support" is more fun than the daily grind of being employed, to escape the fallout from the family scandals, and to have an exotic vacation they didn't have to do anything to earn. Jill could have done some real good, but she didn't put in the time or work it would take; instead they just went down to Guatemala to play missionaries and smile for photo ops.

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I just have to say this: Anna looked really, really good during the scenes at Ben & Jessa's house where everyone was meeting Spurgeon. I think it was the best I've ever seen her look! WOW!

I've been amazed at how well Anna seems to be handling things. Both her physical appearance and her apparent positive attitude make it seem like she is doing really well. She looks better than ever, when I would have expected the opposite. 

Thinking about it I wonder if the AM scandal coming to light was actually a huge relief to her in a roundabout way. Josh was obviously checked out of their marriage for along time (judging at the very least by the timeline of his first AM account).  Anna probably wasn't able to emotionally face that consciously but she HAD to have a niggling feeling that something was not right. She probably spent years pushing that feeling down and trying even harder to be the perfect fundie wife. Keeping extra sweet, pushing to have more babies...all the things that she was supposed to do. But still despite all that she still had to know something wasn't right. Must have been exhausting emotionally.

I'm sure she was completely blindsided when she found out what Josh was ACTUALLY up to. It must have rocked her to her core but at the the same time now she knew the TRUTH. It was out there. No more pushing away that suspicious feeling and not really knowing what the truth was. It must have been gut wrenching but also maybe a relief in away. AND in her black & white fundie world there is a clear process to "fix" the problem. Josh repents, goes to jesus camp to pray away satan's fortress, and Anna lets herself be an extension of god's love and accepts him back (and makes sure to be more "available" to him or whatever crap Gothard suggests she wasn't doing right before). A+B=C.  That's how it works in their minds.

There it is. She has been freed of all the repressed subconscious worries about Josh eating away at her for years and now she has hope that everything is on the right track for her marriage to be restored and she and Josh will "walk through" this into that perfect godly marriage she dreamed of all her life. I feel like this hope is delusional but it might be responsible for her feeling positive and looking better than ever.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived