IGNORED

Joe 'n' Carlin Sittin' in a Tree?

sophrosyne

Given the, um, limited, nature of their educational system, it wouldn't surprise me if a Duggar was not able to actually complete the work required to obtain even a Clown College certificate.  Bullshit or not, presumably, there is some criteria, reading and testing that must be met before any certificate will be awarded.  

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Joseph at Clown for their auto mechanics program? Anyone know how long that's supposed to take to completion?

19 hours ago, Seven Severn said:

Wasn't Joseph at Clown for their auto mechanics program? Anyone know how long that's supposed to take to completion?

I think we speculated on that because he's shown as being good with working on cars, but I don't believe it was ever confirmed.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Clown offers a one year Foundation for Christian Life certificate

I really hope this isn't what he wasted a year on! I guess it is good he got to be on his own (with hundreds of little spies) for a year. This is what the foundation for Christian life cert does:

The Foundation for Christian Life Certificate is a program of intensive training providing a foundation for living the Christian life. The student will be prepared to understand and effectively apply the Word of God to his life. This program will help equip the student for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service in any subsequent education or field of employment into which God may lead him. The Foundation for Christian Life Certificate may be completed in as little as one year.

Translation - make a young 18/19 year old into an insufferable, pompous, arrogant, holy roller. ugh!

Why couldn't he have learned godly HVAC or Auto/Diesel? Both would actually provide a skill for a paying job and HVAC is still used in houses it is a trade benefited by real estate and jimboob's flips.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I really hope this isn't what he wasted a year on! I guess it is good he got to be on his own (with hundreds of little spies) for a year. This is what the foundation for Christian life cert does:

Translation - make a young 18/19 year old into an insufferable, pompous, arrogant, holy roller. ugh!

Why couldn't he have learned godly HVAC or Auto/Diesel? Both would actually provide a skill for a paying job and HVAC is still used in houses it is a trade benefited by real estate and jimboob's flips.

Do we know what he went for? My guess is he went for a "see, our kids can choose college" episode that never happened. He was spotted at other colleges and naturally would have bowed to the "wisdom" of going to Crown and would, naturally, have approved of the "protections" it offers. But remember, no matter how sheltering there are kids there who were given the choice of there or nowhere. He will have encountered some "regular" evangelicals--not all evangelicals are anything like Gothard's folks.

I also think he was there to see if a Bates girl might "do." Cross-show romance would be great for ratings. Especially if Siah and Marj really didn't make it in real life (and not just cause of Joshie).

Since I expect they are back "on" as a show who knows what the outcome will be?

On 1/21/2016 at 10:11 AM, Lysistrata said:

When he first started Crown, people on here were guessing he would last a year or a semester as Crown offers certificates.  Him leaving his dippy uncredited college was not sad or surprising to me-- what was:  His parents still use the SAME description of him each time they describe him in depth (or their version of it)  Joseph gets up early to read the Bible.  COME ON DUGGARS.  Can't you ask around and come up with another tidbit about your kid instead of this same one you keep trotting out?  

I'm sure he does other things just as godly in their minds-- mention those!  Yes yes, I know they do that with every kid, but it's still pitiful every time I read one.

I'm sure he gets up early because that's the only way to get a little peace in the TTH

So what guesses or insider information do we have about a Bates & Duggar match? 

Joe and Carlin? Jinger and Lawson? Jedidiah & Josie B? or are we waiting on Warden & Johannah?    

1 hour ago, GreenTea said:

So what guesses or insider information do we have about a Bates & Duggar match? 

Joe and Carlin? Jinger and Lawson? Jedidiah & Josie B? or are we waiting on Warden & Johannah?    

You forgot the Bates' favorite J kid Joy (Lawson or Trace?)

And if Johannah marries a Bates kid, it has to be Jackson. 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the Bates thread, but I wanted to put it in here too- I think I saw Carlin sitting next to Joe at the wedding ceremony.  Very interesting since Nathan was shown next to Ashley at one point too.

On January 26, 2016 at 1:42 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

So, after 21 years of Duggary, Joe needed a year-long Being a Christian 101 course. Those kids really do need remedial education.

12 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

I posted this in the Bates thread, but I wanted to put it in here too- I think I saw Carlin sitting next to Joe at the wedding ceremony.  Very interesting since Nathan was shown next to Ashley at one point too.

although I'm not personally invested in what duggar marries whom, I really hope Joe isn't courting Carlin simply because she's so young. I'm not rooting for Tori and Joe or anything, but if Joe is courting a bates I really hope it's her and not Carlin. 

But again, he could be courting no one

2 hours ago, habert said:

although I'm not personally invested in what duggar marries whom, I really hope Joe isn't courting Carlin simply because she's so young. I'm not rooting for Tori and Joe or anything, but if Joe is courting a bates I really hope it's her and not Carlin. 

But again, he could be courting no one

I agree with you whole heartedly.  I just knew that it was being discussed here and I noticed Carlin sitting between Joe and Joy.  Hopefully it was nothing more than Tori's intended sitting with her family while she was in the wedding party.  But hopefully it was just family friends randomly sitting next to each other and that's it. 

Carlin and Joy are also best friends, so it could be something as innocent as wanting to sit next to your BFF.

5 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Carlin and Joy are also best friends, so it could be something as innocent as wanting to sit next to your BFF.

Under normal circumstance but in Duggar Bates land a girl and boy sitting next to each other is the same as having sex in the mind of  regular folks. 

42 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Under normal circumstance but in Duggar Bates land a girl and boy sitting next to each other is the same as having sex in the mind of  regular folks. 

If that were the case, then a whole lot of Duggars and Bateses have basically had sex with each other over the years.

On 2015-12-26 at 2:07 PM, VixenToast said:

Also Lawson put up a video of him, Siah, and Joy singing blue Christmas. And I'm thinking there may be something between Joy and Lawson.

I'm way behind on this thread, but I just watched the video of Lawson, Joyanna, and it's Jason (not Josiah) singing "Blue Christmas." This one little video seems to suggest a number of changes in the Duggar family. First, the song itself--a beautiful Elvis number--doesn't seem like the kind of thing the Duggars used to sing. Nothing in there about the blood of the lamb! Also, it depicts in music real romantic/sexual longing: are the Duggars now allowed to sing about that?! And Joy is definitely looking at Lawson with real intensity.

Also, the Christmas tree in the background--I thought the Duggars don't believe in them. I guess it's not at their house, but still--are the Duggar 'rents loosening up??

2 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

Also, the Christmas tree in the background--I thought the Duggars don't believe in them. I guess it's not at their house, but still--are the Duggar 'rents loosening up??

Jessa and Ben hung up stockings for Christmas.  So, I guess Santa Claus is OK by them, unless the baby Jesus filled their stockings. :content:

On December 26, 2015 at 2:36 PM, notfundy said:

Ugh. Does anyone know how to get rid of the weird quote boxes that randomly show up on the mobile site? This is not a quote from notfundy. 

8 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I'm way behind on this thread, but I just watched the video of Lawson, Joyanna, and it's Jason (not Josiah) singing "Blue Christmas." This one little video seems to suggest a number of changes in the Duggar family. First, the song itself--a beautiful Elvis number--doesn't seem like the kind of thing the Duggars used to sing. Nothing in there about the blood of the lamb! Also, it depicts in music real romantic/sexual longing: are the Duggars now allowed to sing about that?! And Joy is definitely looking at Lawson with real intensity.

She totally does that whole "oh shit my crush just looked at me" turn away type deal. I mean it could be innocent, but it definitely looks like she at least has feelings for him, regardless of if they're reciprocated. 

As for the more secular traditions, I've noticed both families kind of heading that way. I think it's partly because they're exposed to more ways of life and partly because it helps their images to not be too weird. I also think, at least in the Duggar's case, that it's largely fueled by Jill and Jessa marrying boys from fundie lite families. This song, though, was definitely not one Joy and Josiah really knew (the way Joy was holding her phone and their kind of mumbling the words says that they were supposed to be reading the lyrics off the screen), which makes me think that it was mostly done for Lawson's career's benefit. 

Also, did I see some swaying? Could Joy be the next Duggar caught dancing?! Lol

I watched it repeatedly trying to work out if there was a legitimate reason for J-boy to elbow Joy-Anna over anything but the eyes she was making at Lawson- Nope!

I know Joy-Anna is barely 18 and lawson is 21+ but I can actually see these two as a couple. At very least I think that video proves she has a crush. 

On Friday, February 05, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Ralar said:

So, after 21 years of Duggary, Joe needed a year-long Being a Christian 101 course. Those kids really do need remedial education.

I still think the entire purpose of him going to Crown was to "get to know" a Bates girl and less about getting a "certificate."

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I still think the entire purpose of him going to Crown was to "get to know" a Bates girl and less about getting a "certificate."

If not a Bates girl than a different Crown College student, since there hasn't been an announcement by now it seems like it didn't work out. 

11 minutes ago, tumblr said:

If not a Bates girl than a different Crown College student, since there hasn't been an announcement by now it seems like it didn't work out. 

I think Joe probably wanted to expand his connections in hopes of finding someone. There are too many opportunities for him to run around with the Bateses for it to be about courting a Bates girl. I think Crown offered him a chance to find a girl or meet guys who had sisters that would be approved by mommy and daddy without being trapped within his typical circle of influence. And, I wouldn't say it didn't work out just because we haven't heard something. We don't know what kind of connections he made and what the fathers of potential girls would require from him before he could be allowed to date/court them.

4 hours ago, tumblr said:

I know Joy-Anna is barely 18 and lawson is 21+ but I can actually see these two as a couple. At very least I think that video proves she has a crush. 

Honestly, the age difference is nothing and, in a few years, be completely undetectable. I don't really see a problem with it. It's no different than a college Freshman dating a college Junior, which happens all the time.

Well, it's actually more like she's 18 and he's 23 (turning 24 this year). Not super extreme age gap, but it's definitely not just three years. Again, once they age a bit, it won't be a big deal.

21 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Well, it's actually more like she's 18 and he's 23 (turning 24 this year). Not super extreme age gap, but it's definitely not just three years. Again, once they age a bit, it won't be a big deal.

I thought he was Jinger's age, and she just turned 22.

Archived