IGNORED

Joe 'n' Carlin Sittin' in a Tree?

sophrosyne

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tumblr said:

My mom was told to give up once she turned 35 with 12 years of trying and 0 successful pregnancies. I was born 6 months after she turned 36 and once she had already started applying to go back to school having completely lost hope. 

Sometimes not trying is what works.

I think that is true sometimes.  My friend has been trying to get pregnant for about 15 years, never been able too. Tried a few fertility treatments but nothing worked.  She just turned 37 and got pregnant out of know where.  They are so excited she's due in April.

7 hours ago, tumblr said:

My mom was told to give up once she turned 35 with 12 years of trying and 0 successful pregnancies. I was born 6 months after she turned 36 and once she had already started applying to go back to school having completely lost hope. 

Sometimes not trying is what works.

12 years is a lot of time! Did she ever find out why she couldn't conceive during that time? Not trying, for people with a medical condition is not going to get someone pregnant if they need assistance in doing so. For someone with no fertility problems, sure.. that may work. But for infertiles, it unfortunately doesn't :(

12 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

12 years is a lot of time! Did she ever find out why she couldn't conceive during that time? Not trying, for people with a medical condition is not going to get someone pregnant if they need assistance in doing so. For someone with no fertility problems, sure.. that may work. But for infertiles, it unfortunately doesn't :(

It was a laundry list of health problems the she never really named for me other than telling me not to get my hopes up too much for kids of my own. Her mom and all of her aunts also had a lot of problems with conception/pregnancy/childbirth.

On 12/27/2015 at 2:12 AM, sophrosyne said:

Backwards baseball cap is a Bin thing too. My recall is that, pre-Bin, the Duggar boys wore their caps with bill to the front.

Men and boys are supposed to take their hats off inside a home.   Pretty poor etiquette shown by Bin.

I have to admit, Mr. Wolf wears his hat in our house in the winter, because he doesn't have much hair and his head gets cold. He does wear a nice wool cap that we got in Ireland, and he doesn't wear it backwards. Can I still snark on Bin?

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have to admit, Mr. Wolf wears his hat in our house in the winter, because he doesn't have much hair and his head gets cold. He does wear a nice wool cap that we got in Ireland, and he doesn't wear it backwards. Can I still snark on Bin?

Yes, I believe you are quite welcome to keep on snarking on Bin. I, personally can never get enough of the snarking on Bin.

Pickles has reported that Joseph has "dropped out" of Crown College. The Duggars mentioned in his birthday post on Facebook that he took one year of college and is now back working for Boob and working on earning his real estate license.

I can hear my grandma rolling in her grave right now shouting, "Ain't you got any manners, boy? Take that hat off!"

Someone on Pickles said that Clown offers a one year Foundation for Christian Life certificate.?????? I'm speechless.

I'll believe it when I see it.  Anyone else get the impression that studying for the real estate exam is the excuse on why he isn't going back?

6 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Pickles has reported that Joseph has "dropped out" of Crown College. The Duggars mentioned in his birthday post on Facebook that he took one year of college and is now back working for Boob and working on earning his real estate license.

NOOOOOOOOO! Oh, Joseph, get out! Get your real estate license in another state! LEAVE that mess!

Why is it that everyone thinks that Joseph and Carlin are courting and not Joseph and Tori? I thought he was courting Tori? Is it because of that photo where they're sitting next to each other?

Idk but Carlin seemed like a very flirty girl to me in a few episodes. She even flirted with Brandon when they were driving home from the airport. It could just be that she was trying to flirt with Joseph just by sitting next to him. Someone took the picture and the family thought: What a great way to mess with the internet, et voilà: everyone thinks its Carlin instead of Tori.

When he first started Crown, people on here were guessing he would last a year or a semester as Crown offers certificates.  Him leaving his dippy uncredited college was not sad or surprising to me-- what was:  His parents still use the SAME description of him each time they describe him in depth (or their version of it)  Joseph gets up early to read the Bible.  COME ON DUGGARS.  Can't you ask around and come up with another tidbit about your kid instead of this same one you keep trotting out?  

I'm sure he does other things just as godly in their minds-- mention those!  Yes yes, I know they do that with every kid, but it's still pitiful every time I read one.

I hope that certificate wasn't expensive because it doesn't seem like it'll do much for him. And Pickles changed her tune from "he dropped out" to "he got a 1 year certificate" after people were pointing it out.

I did have to laugh at the Duggars IG coming out of hibernation for Joseph's birthday. Jinger loves him so.

3 hours ago, Lysistrata said:

When he first started Crown, people on here were guessing he would last a year or a semester as Crown offers certificates.  Him leaving his dippy uncredited college was not sad or surprising to me-- what was:  His parents still use the SAME description of him each time they describe him in depth (or their version of it)  Joseph gets up early to read the Bible.  COME ON DUGGARS.  Can't you ask around and come up with another tidbit about your kid instead of this same one you keep trotting out?  

I'm sure he does other things just as godly in their minds-- mention those!  Yes yes, I know they do that with every kid, but it's still pitiful every time I read one.

This. Also, I have serious doubts that a Duggar will marry a Bates. Based on nothing more than my own thought that it won't happen. However, can you imagine Gil and Boob fighting for the camera focus if there was a televised Bates/Duggar wedding? 

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

This. Also, I have serious doubts that a Duggar will marry a Bates. Based on nothing more than my own thought that it won't happen. However, can you imagine Gil and Boob fighting for the camera focus if there was a televised Bates/Duggar wedding? 

I'd find that SO entertaining, if only to watch Boob's head explode since Gil is the only one with a show right now.

And Joe is also going to be getting a CDL. I'm guessing so he can work for Duggar Towing/ moving married siblings between Jim Bob's real estate holdings/ drive his family around. Surprised he waited so long, you only have to be 18 in Arkansas to get a commercial license.  (which I am REALLY surprised about because when I got mine, in class they told us federal law requires you to be minimum 21).  

Edited cause I just looked up Federal Guidelines and it states 21 for Interstate commerce.  No clue if you just plan to drive a tow truck/box truck for your dad.  

this could be a sign that he's courting tori and now they're getting serious. In the past the bates girls have all married men with an income; it seemed like Waiting for Brandon to finish school and start working was the hold up for Michaels wedding. Maybe Joe felt pressured to start working so he could propose. 

Also, tori is noticeably absent from the bates 'debutante'-esque posts on social media. There's all these pics focusing on Lawson, Josie and carlin but very little of the [probably] taken Nathan or [possibly taken] tori. Hmmm

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope that certificate wasn't expensive because it doesn't seem like it'll do much for him. And Pickles changed her tune from "he dropped out" to "he got a 1 year certificate" after people were pointing it out.

I did have to laugh at the Duggars IG coming out of hibernation for Joseph's birthday. Jinger loves him so.

Maybe he was never trying for one of their certificates.  When originally FJers found out he was attending Crown, posters found it hard to believe he'd go for four years, so a shorter, certificate program was the next option.

Was it confirmed that he got the certificate?  I ask because in the Duggar post they just he completed a year... not that he completed a certificate program.

9 hours ago, Lysistrata said:

Maybe he was never trying for one of their certificates.  When originally FJers found out he was attending Crown, posters found it hard to believe he'd go for four years, so a shorter, certificate program was the next option.

Was it confirmed that he got the certificate?  I ask because in the Duggar post they just he completed a year... not that he completed a certificate program.

It wasn't confirmed. I'm torn between the Duggars bragging about his cert or ignoring what he earned there all togethr since it's not a real college.

11 hours ago, Lysistrata said:

Which would be super weird if he had in fact finished his course of study. I mean who has ever referred their college graduation as "yes I just completed four years of college"? Normally you'd say that only if you weren't yet finished. 

Surely if Joseph completed his studies, there'd be a big thing made about it, like when Ben graduated? He had his graduation video posted and numerous congratulations from the family.

On January 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Lysistrata said:

I read the in Mullets voice.

Archived