IGNORED

Joe 'n' Carlin Sittin' in a Tree?

sophrosyne

11 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I think it's Joe stirring the pot. Can someone with better eyes than I have tell me who's sitting next to Lawson (on the opposite side from Carlin)?

'Joe stirring the pot' may be so apt. :smiley-signs136:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Yeah, Joy definitely comes off as a sibling who would be more chill about making sure i's were dotted and t's were crossed with regards to courtship rules.

Wasn't she quoted by her siblings and parents as being the biggest hard-ass of them all on courtship enforcement and other rules? I'm pretty sure that was the on season finale.

Just now, meowmeow19 said:

Wasn't she quoted by her siblings and parents as being the biggest hard-ass of them all on courtship enforcement and other rules? I'm pretty sure that was the on season finale.

:my_confused: Oops on me. I went back and checked; you're right.

9 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

:my_confused: Oops on me. I went back and checked; you're right.

Hey, it surprised the hell out of me too. If I was basically blacklisted from hanging out with my boy siblings to become more feminine and accept my future life as a fundie girl I would be totally against the grain on my parents wishes. Then again she's the oldest female of her age group and that gives her the only "power" she will ever have, the moment to boss her siblings around.

4 minutes ago, meowmeow19 said:

Hey, it surprised the hell out of me too. If I was basically blacklisted to hang out with my boy siblings to become more feminine and accept my future life as a fundie girl I would be totally against the grain on my parents wishes. Then again she's the oldest female of her age group and that gives her the only "power" she will ever have, the moment to boss her siblings around.

And isn't she the jurisdiction delegater/supervisor? I know she was in a later episode, once Jill and Jessa got married. She'd have to have a good bit of authority to carry that off with any skill.

24 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I think it's Joe stirring the pot. Can someone with better eyes than I have tell me who's sitting next to Lawson (on the opposite side from Carlin)?

Is it that one friend of theirs with the fivehead who made her IG private? I can never remember her name, but @NotALoserLikeYou will know who I'm talking about.

Here's a version of the pic that's maybe a smidge bigger:

That looks like Joe to me.  I'm wondering if the girl next to the girl next to Lawson is Joy, or just one of the many long haired brunets in the Bates fam.

In regards to Joy, I recall that episode when Ben moved to TTH that Joy (and a couple of siblings to make sure no hanky panky went on between Jessa toy boy and Joy) was the one to show him around the grounds and tell him what was needing done and where everything is. She sounded very smart and very much in charge of everything and she was only 16 at the time.  With reports of Jana always being the go to for everything and what I've observed of Joy it seems that as much as they want the girls to be submissive little incubators Jana and Joy seem to be ones who know/do the most.  I'm guessing it is from Jana being the oldest girl and Joy being in the middle of all those boys and almost like the eldest sister to the lost girls. Since Jana, Jill and Jessa were sister moms to them. These two girls were probably given the most responsibility either because of their place in the birth order or because they are two very intelligent women with dominant personalities.    

1 hour ago, meowmeow19 said:

Hey, it surprised the hell out of me too. If I was basically blacklisted from hanging out with my boy siblings to become more feminine and accept my future life as a fundie girl I would be totally against the grain on my parents wishes. Then again she's the oldest female of her age group and that gives her the only "power" she will ever have, the moment to boss her siblings around.

Could have something to do with Jill, ass kissing favorite daughter, raising her and rubbing off on her.

I remember Joy putting a piece of paper in front of the tv so the boys were protected from...I don't know, something, maybe a Barbie doll ad.

22 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Could have something to do with Jill, ass kissing favorite daughter, raising her and rubbing off on her.

I think Jill was probably a total jerk. I think any kid given powers over their siblings would be total jerks. I also suspect that Joy was smarter and didn't like being bossed around! Time for her revenge (it's sad really)!

I'm not seeing anyone outside the Bates family in that. I may be blind, but they all look like Bates or people married into the Bates.

Lol judging by the other comments, I clearly am blind. But I don't know jack shit bout the Bates and can't really tell them apart. I mean, I constantly get Tori and Carlin confused and they're not that similar looking......

4 hours ago, halcionne said:

Is it that one friend of theirs with the fivehead who made her IG private? I can never remember her name, but @NotALoserLikeYou will know who I'm talking about.

Here's a version of the pic that's maybe a smidge bigger:

Gotta love that they make a big song and dance about this being their equivalent to Christmas and it looks like they are having garlic bread and a slice of pizza. Hmm...

20 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Gotta love that they make a big song and dance about this being their equivalent to Christmas and it looks like they are having garlic bread and a slice of pizza. Hmm...

It looks like pasta with a lot of cheese (on some plates) and garlic bread. But, really, that could just be what they like. Not everyone likes to do big holiday meals. Hell, some people eat takeout or go to diners on Christmas, even when they celebrate the holiday.

23 hours ago, meowmeow19 said:

I think Jill was probably a total jerk. I think any kid given powers over their siblings would be total jerks. I also suspect that Joy was smarter and didn't like being bossed around! Time for her revenge (it's sad really)!

Or just total fear of what Boob will do to her.  I'm guessing she's had more than a few "ass whoppings" over the years, and hasn't she been sent to JTTH a few times as well?

I've always thought she was the biggest flight risk of the oldest kids. As the youngest of the oldest kids and the oldest of the younger kids, she's a total middle child, smack in the middle of all the kids the lone girl born in the middle of 6 boys.  Add to that her seemingly strong and outgoing personality in a religion where men are the masters and women serve them with out question. 

Lastly, I believe she was the 1st child handed off to a sister mom, she was raised mostly by Jill. When Joy was 14 months old the Jed & Jer were born (kids 10 & 11), and Joy was pretty much handed off to her older siblings.  Not to speculate about Josh's victims but we know that the 5 year old was his biggest victim.  That alone gives her cause to be rebellious. 

Of course I could be completely off and she will be the 1 kid to go full fundie and have 20 kids.  This is all JMO!

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Or just total fear of what Boob will do to her.  I'm guessing she's had more than a few "ass whoppings" over the years, and hasn't she been sent to JTTH a few times as well?

I've always thought she was the biggest flight risk of the oldest kids. As the youngest of the oldest kids and the oldest of the younger kids, she's a total middle child, smack in the middle of all the kids the lone girl born in the middle of 6 boys.  Add to that her seemingly strong and outgoing personality in a religion where men are the masters and women serve them with out question. 

Lastly, I believe she was the 1st child handed off to a sister mom, she was raised mostly by Jill. When Joy was 14 months old the Jed & Jer were born (kids 10 & 11), and Joy was pretty much handed off to her older siblings.  Not to speculate about Josh's victims but we know that the 5 year old was his biggest victim.  That alone gives her cause to be rebellious. 

Of course I could be completely off and she will be the 1 kid to go full fundie and have 20 kids.  This is all JMO!

I think Joy's the one who has been to JttH the least, unless I didn't hear of a bunch of times (which is totally possible).

1 minute ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I think Joy's the one who has been to JttH the least, unless I didn't hear of a bunch of times (which is totally possible).

Yeah, I was under the impression that Jana's gone the most (partially because she's led Journey groups).

7 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Yeah, I was under the impression that Jana's gone the most (partially because she's led Journey groups).

Me too. I was under the impression that it was Jana who was going every few months for a while, Jill who went a few times, and then I only heard about Jessa, Jinger, and Joy going maybe once or twice each.

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why is UP using last year's Valentines photo for advertising instead of teasing this years? Weird.

Maybe a "special friend" or two is in attendance, and they don't want it leaking before they're ready

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why is UP using last year's Valentines photo for advertising instead of teasing this years? Weird.

They put that up pretty early on Valentine's Day.  This year's pictures probably weren't ready yet and like @bashfulpixie said, they need to do some creative editing not to reveal what everyone already knows anyway, that Nathan and Ashley are courting and who knows who else.

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Because teaser pictures need to be in days before they're uploaded to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the images.

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be some sort of courtship announcement coming from the bates and or duggars soon! It has been too long! Maybe joe and carlin maybe others but something!

11 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

There has to be some sort of courtship announcement coming from the bates and or duggars soon! It has been too long! Maybe joe and carlin maybe others but something!

Unless a courtship will be announced on Counting On, I think the Bates are the next to announce.  Nathan and Ashley (NYC girl).

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Unless a courtship will be announced on Counting On, I think the Bates are the next to announce.  Nathan and Ashley (NYC girl).

Oh yeah I forgot about Ashley! Good one!

Archived