IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

I seem to recall Robyn making a comment about Kody preferring his women larger as well. Well, he also preferred them blonde before she came along, so perhaps things changed.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to Jackie Overton's book . I shit you not.  An angry customer posted it. There is no copyright, so enjoy. Or not. It is a tell all, although there isn't much to tell. There are some interesting tidbits, mostly it's just ...sad. And juvenile...

http://m.imgur.com/a/3iNsq

Wow. I read some of it. And it's about the crappies romance novel ever. No man wrote that.

Heart surgery? Really? Just popped into the middle of the story, with no explanation of what was wrong, except that "he" was healthy and active?

And the giant paragraphs! Holy take an indent break, Batman!

Ohhhhh I may just go through and copyedit that bullshit. Because yes, I'd find it fun to see just how much of that turned red.

Oh god. It's like bad fan fiction. 

The discussion of sex is so stilted. I would wager this person does not have much (any?) personal experience.

Jackie Overton alleges that Meri told "Sam" that the situation with Janelle was so bad that Janelle kneed Meri in the stomach while she was pregnant with Mariah, and that Kody did nothing. That seems like a hugely terrible thing to make up, to me. I've attached an image, for posterity and your ease of reading.

Nothing in this book has any proof. The "proof" she offers are blacked out phone bills and anecdotal evidence. Not to mention that she discusses designer pillows...as a supposedly very manly man. This nonsense is ridiculous to me. I'm making my way through it slowly but surely, if only because I've followed the saga this far that I might as well, but this claim is pretty egregious. If there were a way to take any action, I'd think the lawyers are combing this book just racking them up.

c82810048137f697365f07000918eabe.jpg

@FundieFarmer I also thought the Janelle claims were particularly egregious. Everything else was along the lines of what we've already seen in mindnumbingly repetitive detail on The Batblog.

One thing I found particularly telling was that the iPhone screenshots "Sam" included always displayed a verrrrry low 1-bar cell reception "Extended" -- to me this indicates a rural area, like, I don't know... small-town Oklahoma, home of Jackie Overton? Meanwhile hotshot Sam is always in big cities in his million dollar condos with presumably good cell reception,

This "book" is as boring, pointless, and poorly-written as "50 Shades of Grey" (of which I have only read excerpts on Jenny Trout's blog, I swear!). And, in my opinion, it does not have a male voice, especially that of a wealthy, attractive, and educated (?) alpha male. 

Sister Wives fanfic? Wow. 

I skimmed the book out of sheer nosiness.  BatDork proved absolutely nothing.  He says he and Meri had sex, but the text and conversations "he" offered as proof still made it sound like nothing but phone/internet sex.  And no pictures of them together, despite his many promises that they would be included.  The only good thing about the book was the insider info about the Brown family, and even most of that had already been spilled on the blog.  

What a joke.  I bet Jackie is pissed that her book was leaked.  

I just randomly chose a paragraph to read. Halfway through, this "educated, worldly business person" uses the phrase "what we had went through". Aaaand that right there proves this is not an educated, worldly business person. That's as bad as someone trying to pretend they're intelligent while using "how it looks like" or calling something "addicting". Helpful hint, lady: intelligent people don't use "meme speak". Also if you have so much money, why no editor?

1 hour ago, WokChop said:

This "book" is as boring, pointless, and poorly-written as "50 Shades of Grey" (of which I have only read excerpts on Jenny Trout's blog, I swear!). And, in my opinion, it does not have a male voice, especially that of a wealthy, attractive, and educated (?) alpha male. 

Sister Wives fanfic? Wow. 

Is it titled, "50 Shades of Brown"? Because that's really the only acceptable title for it now.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Is it titled, "50 Shades of Brown"? Because that's really the only acceptable title for it now.

That title works on several levels :)

Actual pages of screen shots of someone's phone go on for pages. The end is full of pics already posted elsewhere, none of which show the two together. Wtf is this? And people paid money for this crap? 

Glad to see Christine looking so great!  Meri's tan is just awful!  It makes her eyes glow like a demon or something.  I don't think Robyn is going to age well at all- especially if she just keeps on cranking out babies to keep the Brown brand alive....

I think Kody will be shocked in 10 years how different Robyn will look and how she will feel about him.  Kody has only known the lovey dovey, "Thank you for saving me and my children..." Robyn.  After she gets stuck at home with 2 small kids while he runs around like a spoiled teenager things might change pretty quickly. 

I didn't get past the " this is a work of non-fiction [...] any resemblance to the actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental" 

so which one is it? Is it fiction and everything is made up? Or is it based on real events and you're talking about actual real people so resemblance wouldn't be incidental? 

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

It means Jackie, er Batman, has seen the disclaimers before but doesn't understand what they mean. 

it just hurts my brain.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:24 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

I only asked because in her profile on her page, it states that she worked inside a hospital. From her site:

And then under this, there are two headings - What is a certified nurse midwife? and What is a certified professional midwife? Under the latter, the following is written there:

This is why I'm confused. She obtained (or tried to) a master's degree in nurse midwifery, but much of her time was spent in birth centers and home birth. Then she began a hospital practice at St. Rose Hospital, which means in that area she probably had the ability to work in a hospital with proper training. Now she's apparently a CPM who only does home births.

My question is - when you are a Certified Nurse Midwife with all the schooling involved, do you have a license that constantly needs to be renewed? If not, how did she jump down to CPM? If something happens and you can no longer be a CNM, can you still be a CPM?

If I was able to have kids (or even wanted them) and was even interested in having a midwife deliver, I feel like I would choose one who works inside an existing doctor's office. We have a practice in the next town over from me where the all female staff of doctors, nurses, and midwives work together in the same place. I feel like that's such a better route to go through if you absolutely need to have a midwife since the midwife will already have a rapport with the doctor. That's just my two cents, though.

Edit to add: I scrolled down even farther on the page I linked to. There's a topic that says "How are midwives educated?"

This is just... confusing now. Are you a CNM or a CPM, girl?

That all sounds like the "instructions" you get with an item purchased from overseas.  Sorry, but I don't care how many degrees someone has, if they can't hire someone to create a grammatically correct website, I'm not interested.

ETA: Woops sorry, Just read the rest of the thread & didn't realize it had taken a different turn.  Apologies.

ETA Again!:  Apparently the information taken from her website didn't show up in the quote.  I was talking about the website quotes, not the poster here.

Now BatGirl is yammering on and on about the made-up adoption of the twins.  "My boys!" "My twins!" I have never wanted to punch someone so badly in my life.  As someone who has grown my family through (real, legal) adoption, it royally pisses me off that the BatFreak is using this as her newest fraudulent storyline.  

I've been reading on that notbatmanyet blog for the past hours - what is that all about?! Obviously Sam does not exist, but is there a split personality thing going on or is she just plain crazy. It seems like a lonely woman that's not pleased with her emotional/physical appearance and is making all this crazy over the top stuff up while the most exciting thing happening in real life is probably a trip to the grocery store, ha.

I saw the pictures of Jackie with Meri and oh man, I get that Meri could be very vulnerable in that awesome sister wives relationship she has (ha!) but seriously ... how desperate is Meri that she is hanging out with Jackie. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived