IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

Just saw on Instagram that Nathan spent thanksgiving with Ashley/Anastasia and their family (or they came to him). 

Could you post a link please?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bates leghumping round here is unbelievable. 

I agree. The stupid burns here.

Yes, sorry. Got caught up in The Walking Dead. It's Ashley's sister - Hannah, age 12ish - her Instagram is @bananathatswho579 

http://websta.me/n/bananathatswho579

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-455661437/bananathatswho579/photos/ig-1129435355864791942_455661437

image.jpeg

Thanks, NotALoserLikeYou! And... interesting. Those are also two of the littler Bates boys, right? Jackson/Warden/Isaiah (absolutely cannot tell them apart)? I wonder if more Bateseses went (or maybe the whole Salyer clan went to see the Baseseses).

You got a downvote on this. Same person downvoted my initial post. It blows my mind that people come HERE and want to hump a fundie. This is not fundie humpland. Repeat, THIS IS NOT FUNDIE HUMPLAND. There are plenty of places to go, ElijahsMama, to hump the Bateseseses.

This is one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of downvoting without explanation, because @ElijahsMama807 doesn't have to explain why she disagrees with us. I would rather someone take the time to explain exactly why they don't like my post. So, @ElijahsMama807, want to explain why you downvoted our posts? What exactly do you disagree with? 

Whitney has a degree or certificate in medical coding--whichever it is, she did complete the training.  Zach is a trained EMT as well a police academy grad. 

Of course, I think we forgot that Anna allegedly has some sort of online Gothard-bullsh*t college degree in education, which she allegedly completed at 19.

Although yes, Brandon's job at Gothard HQ is useless, he and Michael are living away in a different state from both their parents, while Michael, as she has stated, finishes her community college classes online.

Meanwhile, Ben & Jessa spent their first year of marriage living in a family provided house while dicking around on social media and occasionally doing an almost totally-content free, tightly scripted public speaking gig.

Whitney has a degree or certificate in medical coding--whichever it is, she did complete the training.  Zach is a trained EMT as well a police academy grad. 

Of course, I think we forgot that Anna allegedly has some sort of online Gothard-bullsh*t college degree in education, which she allegedly completed at 19.

Although yes, Brandon's job at Gothard HQ is useless, he and Michael are living away in a different state from both their parents, while Michael, as she has stated, finishes her community college classes online.

Meanwhile, Ben & Jessa spent their first year of marriage living in a family provided house while dicking around on social media and occasionally doing an almost totally-content free, tightly scripted public speaking gig.

So Zach actually  was  graduated from the police academy? I  was thinking he was just volunteer-a-cop.

I didn't think Anna's degree was from Gothard, I thought it was from a Crown College type place. 

IMO, the biggest difference in the family is reality tv fame/money and that if things were switched the Duggars would have been doing more things and the Bates would be the ones people criticized for not doing much with their lives. The Duggar children were forced into the public spotlight at impressionable ages and were told that they were famous for basically just existing, is it any wonder they are having a hard time adjusting to real life? The Bates are trying their hardest to get that fame, and it will be interesting to see what happens with their kids now. It isn't that the Bates are naturally "better" it is just that their parents have had less time to exploit them on television than the Duggar parents did. 

And despite all the education, the Bates still have ended up showing less rebellion against Gothard/ATI than the Duggar kids. If anything, the Bates kids have gone deeper into the cult since marriage. The Bates children appear more brainwashed by ATI than the Duggar kids do, at least to me. The Bates, though, have been trained on how to put a pretty face on their crazy, cult beliefs. 

The biggest difference I see between the two families is that the Bates belong to the cult of ATI where the Duggars are in the cult of Jim Bob.  

The biggest difference I see between the two families is that the Bates belong to the cult of ATI where the Duggars are in the cult of Jim Bob.  

Yep- harder to walk away from the family cult, when the family cult has stunted and tainted you to the outside world, pretty much guaranteeing that you will not leave because as adults, you are ill-prepared to function in the real world.

Much easier to walk away from old man Gothard, than it is to turn your back on "daddy."

I wish I could like this a bajillion times.

Thats IS the Duggars biggest problem.

They belong to the cult of JB Duggar. He owns and controls all of them. Josh thought he could pull a fast one and failed.

I also wish I could like this to infinity.

Yes, he actually graduated from the police academy. It was back in September of this year.

Here's the link to news: http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2015/09/zach-bates-celebrates-graduation.html

Whitney posted this on instagram:

This is why I think Whitney and Zach will slowly go to fundie-lite or "normal" Christian conservative. Whitney has not always been part of the kook-aid and Zach will see stuff at the sheriff's office that should make him realize that all us other Christian are not horrible people and there is more than one way to live a good moral life.

The Bates leghumping round here is unbelievable. 

Do you have anything constructive to contribute, or did you just stop by for some gratuitous namecalling?

I htin kthe reason we get so much leghumping over the Bates here is because even though we know many many terrible things about them, they are media-savvy and present themselves as just so gosh darn LIKEABLE! They don't give their children stupid names, they look good, they do some funny things, they dress well et voila! Even those of us who know that they are as deep in the Gothard shit as could be occasionally have to concede that they present a rather good picture to the outside. Just that we know it's a picture. 

This is why I think Whitney and Zach will slowly go to fundie-lite or "normal" Christian conservative. Whitney has not always been part of the kook-aid and Zach will see stuff at the sheriff's office that should make him realize that all us other Christian are not horrible people and there is more than one way to live a good moral life.

I have a different view of it. The ATI of today is not the ATI I grew up with. Long gone are the constant navy skirts, white blouses with large collars and being told all college is a sin.  Back then Gothard relied on converting adults who were already educated and involved in the government while keeping kids raised in ATI away from any outside influence, but Gothard has changed and realizes that if he wants to have cult members in government positions he is going to have to allow kids raised in ATI to seek education and employment. I haven't seen any real sign that Zach and Whitney are backing away from Gothard/ATI and embracing a more liberal lifestyle. 

I don't necessarily think it would be easier for any of the Bateseses to walk away from ATI/Gothard because the cult is very much a part of their parents and doing so would probably be just has hard as the Duggars rejecting the cult of Jim Bob. 

Calling people "leghumpers" for not completely despising a fundie is obnoxious. I've yet to see anyone jump on the ATI bandwagon just because they said they like Erin's dress or find Bradley adorable. All of us think their beliefs are horrible, but that doesn't mean we can't find something positive to say about them as individuals. People are complicated & it's possible to like someone while still disagreeing with their beliefs. When it comes down to it there are much more despicable people in this world than the Bates & other families like them.

Do you really think that's name calling? 

Yes, I do.  I think it is immature and does not add to the discussion. 

So I will add to the discussion.

A few random thoughts:

1. I am impressed with how good Nathan's alleged sweetie, Ashley Salyer (#BronxNewYorkHeart), is at hiding her relationship with him on Instagram. If friends are making comments about her relationship, or her trips to TN, she must be deleting those ASAP. I am not sure her sister was supposed to spill the beans about their visit to TN.  My guess is that Ashley has agreed to hide their relationship until BringingUPBates returns to TV in January.

2. Ashley really seems like she loves city life. She also seems to move in very ethnically diverse circles. Moving to Rocky Top, TN would be a big adjustment for her.

3. I think Jim Bob Duggar's dream is to truly have ALL his sons and son-in-laws living around him and employed in various "Duggar Family Enterprises."  I don't think Gil Bates has as much desire (or capability?) to create a Bates entrepreneurial empire.  [Not that I think Jim Bob will succeed, but he's got grandiose ideas]

the suprise/headshaking here is not over saying we like their dresses or think Bradley is cute (he's so cute!). It's about the fact that posts which bring back to our minds the real reason we talk about these people here are downvoted, because God forbid someone remind us that that cute baby's parents are in a cult. 

I have a different view of it. The ATI of today is not the ATI I grew up with. Long gone are the constant navy skirts, white blouses with large collars and being told all college is a sin.  Back then Gothard relied on converting adults who were already educated and involved in the government while keeping kids raised in ATI away from any outside influence, but Gothard has changed and realizes that if he wants to have cult members in government positions he is going to have to allow kids raised in ATI to seek education and employment. I haven't seen any real sign that Zach and Whitney are backing away from Gothard/ATI and embracing a more liberal lifestyle. 

I don't necessarily think it would be easier for any of the Bateseses to walk away from ATI/Gothard because the cult is very much a part of their parents and doing so would probably be just has hard as the Duggars rejecting the cult of Jim Bob. 

All good points and since you are former gothard you probably have a better insight than myself. I also don't see them backing away (yet), either.

I still think Whitney will wake up one day and say "what the hell are we doing?" and start going back to her conservative Christian brand instead of gothard. It will take time. They have at least done a little "leave and cleave" by not being at family bible night. I also don't think it will be easy for them to walk away because the family is the cult too. But it doesn't mean they have to leave like any of the Jeub sisters. They could just start going to a more mainstream church and send their kids to a Christian school, etc. I don't know if I have heard either of them say their plans on schooling for Bradley. I know he is really young still but we have heard the Duggar kids already proclaim, home birth, home school, etc.

I think most of the Bates and Duggar kids will start slowly drifting away, but I actually think it will be harder for most of the Bates because most of them married into families deep into ATI

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived