IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 8: They Call Him Choo Choo?

happy atheist

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO.....

Are the Dillards living off donations?

Donated housing, food, language classes, medical care, transportation?

Not to mention nail polish-Jill's nails are always painted.

I thought TLC was footing the bill now, but maybe they still have some of the money people gave for their missionary work earlier.  And I wouldn't be surprised if after the next special, the loyal bumpers contribute more because the special will show them as missionaries instead of tourists.

unless you're in labor for 70 hours...:pb_eek:

Most people don't count labor from their first braxton hicks contraction or irregular contraction. By that count I was in labor for months. 

Jill posted a photo of Izzy crawling up the stairs, saying it was time to put up the stair gate.  How refreshingly normal.  This gives me a little glimmer of  hope that they're not blanket training.

WHAT? I hadn't heard that! She is literally too stupid to breed. 

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking. She really needs to say her prayers on a very regular basis just for the sheer stupid decisions she made while having her precious Choo Choo.

I don't think the Dillards are up to much since TLC is on the scene. Everyday Spanish classes? I doubt it. They post too many everyday pictures of life as if they have never left the States to be working so hard learning Spanish and ministering to those in need. It is all a game to both of them . Useless lazy people.

To my knowledge the only thing posted was a picture of Derrick working on his Spanish lessons while his mother was there. So that has been some time ago. Maybe since they have no help they can no longer spend any time studying as that would leave them no time for doing Jill's nails, selfies, open letters to Jessa and eating banana bread soaked in butter?

Izzy will learn Spanish before either of them do.

To my knowledge the only thing posted was a picture of Derrick working on his Spanish lessons while his mother was there. So that has been some time ago. Maybe since they have no help they can no longer spend any time studying as that would leave them no time for doing Jill's nails, selfies, open letters to Jessa and eating banana bread soaked in butter?

Izzy will learn Spanish before either of them do.

Oh, I wouldn't count on Izzy learning to speak Spanish, they will probably keep him too isolated for that to happen. 

Oh, I wouldn't count on Izzy learning to speak Spanish, they will probably keep him too isolated for that to happen. 

I wonder if they have something like a nanny there. If yes, Izzy will pick up Spanish naturally. Once he gets older (if they are still there), he may also pick it up by just playing with other kids. (one can hope)

The Dillards just updated their blog (11-23).  HIghlights included:

We should pray for their Spanish teacher and her sons, so they can know the special brand of Jeebus that the Dillards are promoting

And Derick found an orthodonist to fix something that broke off in his mouth

Oh- and Izzy has learned new skills every day (which is cute and great, seriously.)

But it does not sound like they are ministering to anyone outside of their Spanish teacher and family.    (?)  

Izzy won't have a nanny, he won't go to school and he won't be turned loose to play with the unsaved heathens either.  

There was a discussion a while back about the Lockwood missionary family in Mexico. They were there 10 years before the husband committed a "moral failure" and had to return to the U.S.  Janie Lockwood said that only some of the oldest children spoke Spanish...because they didn't go to school.  

If Izzy will be raised like Jill was raised, he will be isolated. Maybe they will raise him differently though. We can hope.

Here is the part about Izzy...I think she added that part at the end because people were talking about her possibly blanket training.

Israel has been busy this week showing us new tricks! Every day for the last three days he has learned something new! First it was clapping, then crawling, pulling up into a standing position and waving! He is about to cut his first two teeth, so recently he has been a little fussier than normal. He is usually happy though and loves exploring new areas in the house now that he can move!

So, basically, they're going to be shown ministering to the Spanish teacher and family...ministering so hard that they can't possibly minister to anyone else, so it's totally a legit missionary trip even if they don't interact much with anyone else.

I wonder how they're going to spin the ministering to and trying to convert Catholics.

I do remember when I had my first in 1981. She was almost 9 pounds and they decided I was not large enough so did a section with no labor. At our Lamaze reunion, a woman asked me how disappointed was I for having to have a section and pain meds? I really had not thought of it until she asked and I remember saying, "I am just glad she is healthy." Woman can be hard on other woman. I felt that day it was all about how much pain each person had endured to bring their child into the world and I was looking at it completely differently.

Yes! My first baby was a c-section, and it never occurred to me that I should feel disappointed or that it may have been an "unnecessarian".... until someone expressed her sympathy that I didn't get a natural birth experience. I mean yeah, it was scary going in (I had never been hospitalized or had surgery before), but it was honestly a very peaceful experience.

Since only Derick is referenced in the third person, are we meant to assume Jill wrote this? Is the woman her teacher? Poor lady probably feels like she can't say no to religious discussion since she's a captive audience every day during the lessons.

Since only Derick is referenced in the third person, are we meant to assume Jill wrote this? Is the woman her teacher? Poor lady probably feels like she can't say no to religious discussion since she's a captive audience every day during the lessons.

If they're paying her enough of that sweet TLC/e-begging money, I'm sure she just smiles and nods and then goes home and laughs her ass off with her family about those crazy gringos who suck at Spanish but insist on talking about Jesus all day long at her like she's a baby at Sunday School.

The Dillards just updated their blog (11-23).  HIghlights included:

We should pray for their Spanish teacher and her sons, so they can know the special brand of Jeebus that the Dillards are promoting

And Derick found an orthodonist to fix something that broke off in his mouth

Oh- and Izzy has learned new skills every day (which is cute and great, seriously.)

But it does not sound like they are ministering to anyone outside of their Spanish teacher and family.    (?)  

I had to add that the Dillards are trying to convert people by showing them the Spanish version of The War Room. Then they gave their Spanish teacher a bible. Pretty sure they are going to need better converting tools and skills. Maybe they will have to have the Spanish teacher over again and show her the dubbed version of God's Not Dead. I wonder how many bibles the Dillards brought with them? Will they have better success at converting people than John Shrader?

The Dillards want to have an outreach get-together in their community. If they want people to attend they better have food and not a potluck. Maybe show a movie. I hope they are not planning on those terrible bible skits that were shown on 19 Kids and Counting.

I cannot imagine being displeased with a healthy outcome.

I guess when you've seen the worst of the worst, you have a different perspective. 

I didn't even have worst of the worst, since my kids survived their early birth, but I agree. My birth experience sucked, but it is what it is and I don't dwell on it because I have two perfect little kids who need me! And I'm over the moon for them.

About the Pepe thing. My father explained once to me the origin of the nickname. When the masses were given in latin, priest would refer to Joseph as Pater Putativo (or whatever, i don't know latin). Sometimes they would just say PP. So it stuck

And about paco, i didn't know it but i googled it. Apparently, when francis of assisi (or however you name him in english) founded the franciscan order, the monks would refer to him as Pater comunitatis, so PaCo was born

OK. That was a cool linguistics off-the-beaten-path. EVERY year in my English class, we talk about all the nn's for John (all of my children have one because my dh is named John), and we talk about names like Richard, Robert, Henry, William and the time before last names so they can see the reason for alternate names. I teach jr high, so when we get to Dick, things get tricky...

A baby's head, head down, is what engages the cervix and starts labor. Jill went overdue and stalled in labor, which makes me think the baby was always breech and didn't flip.

Also, as the spouse of an ob-gyn, I can tell you their priorities are:

1. You are okay.

2. The baby is okay.

3. You have a good experience.

In that order. Most are willing to let you do what you want as long as it doesn't put you or your baby at risk.

I have to admit it, I'm a Jill apologist, but did they really have to pass out tracts? I don't know, I've never understood the tract thing because I'm a Catholic. Wouldn't you be more successful in actually helping people, then telling them you're doing it for God? You can't save em all Jill.

OK. That was a cool linguistics off-the-beaten-path. EVERY year in my English class, we talk about all the nn's for John (all of my children have one because my dh is named John), and we talk about names like Richard, Robert, Henry, William and the time before last names so they can see the reason for alternate names. I teach jr high, so when we get to Dick, things get tricky...

A while back a guy started to tell me a joke, asking me "How do you get Dick from Richard?" I took the question literally and went into a long explanation of how nicknames like that were derived, bringing in examples like Bob from Robert or Nancy from Anne. When I finished he went "Uh... you were supposed to ask 'How?' and I would answer 'You ask him nicely...' but that was really interesting!"

He could be called far worse things than Choo-Choo... coughjessablessacough. 

But I've got no room to talk. My mother's nickname for me as a child was Puppinella. Why is still beyond me. We're Italian and I always thought it sounded dangerously close to puttanella, which basically means whore...

Papino is "Daddy," and the suffix -ella means little one/feminine.  SO maybe that's something like Daddy's Little Girl??

I just take it that the above is no advocacy for ignorance and unassisted births. It does sound like that a bit though.... And as for your smooth, fast homebirths, has it ever occured to you that as well as being in good shape, you could be extremely lucky?

No because I have many friends who have also had good births. All a bit different of course. A few have had extremely hard births. Most of my friends opt for natural childbirth, but will go for meds etc... if indicated. I never lay down when I'm in labor. I am on my feet or knees the entire time and that makes it much easier. Most ladies are made to lay in a hospital bed for hours and hours and honestly that just makes the whole process take longer and hurt more. I don't advocate for ignorance- quite the opposite. If you want a natural delivery you need to educate yourself on it because our culture is not oriented toward natural birth at all. I just find it ironic that the ladies who know nothing (because they don't know they're pregnant) seem to have good births and I in part attribute that to their lack of fear and going to the hospital later in the process-thus fewer interventions. I like the unassistedchildbirth website because it has been helpful for me to read lots of positive empowering birth stories to get my mind oriented in a place of confidence that my body is fully capable of this work. The body that made this baby will deliver this baby. That sort of thing. 

So, basically, they're going to be shown ministering to the Spanish teacher and family...ministering so hard that they can't possibly minister to anyone else, so it's totally a legit missionary trip even if they don't interact much with anyone else.

I wonder how they're going to spin the ministering to and trying to convert Catholics.

You know we'll definitely get to see them ministering to the poor kids in some orphanage or other. Jill and Derick will bring nothing but bibles and won't do anything for the kids except perform a stupid skit or try to sing an English song with them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived