IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 8: They Call Him Choo Choo?

happy atheist

Aren't they actively trying to fatten Derick up so they can eat him, per the "banana bread soaked in butter" photo? It might explain why they're serving up The Blob That Ate Brooklyn for dinner.

Seriously, sprinkle some salt and pepper on that tasteless puddle of goo!

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping I'd never have to read about that disgusting chickenetti recipe again. Playdough probably tastes better.

Jill also posted a recipe for beans the other day on Instagram - says she got it from her "sweet" neighbor. It actually sounds rather good and wouldn't be overly bad for you. Hopefully they're eating more stuff like that then that Chicken Etti monstrosity.

Jill also posted a recipe for beans the other day on Instagram - says she got it from her "sweet" neighbor. It actually sounds rather good and wouldn't be overly bad for you. Hopefully they're eating more stuff like that then that Chicken Etti monstrosity.

Maybe the mission/vacation will be a breakthrough in terms of the Dillard Diet! They may even develop taste buds:thumbsup-cheese:

Blech. I'm trying to think of someway to redeem that Chickenetti into something somewhat edible but I don't think it can be done. Even if you substitute the canned cream of chicken soup with homemade soup full of fresh celery, carrots, onions, thyme, and bay leaves, maybe spice up the chicken with some smoked paprika when you cook it, once you dump it together with cheese and noodles you still wind up with mush. Thinking of the meals that the Duggar kids grew up on makes me sad. So much processed salty slop.

Blech. I'm trying to think of someway to redeem that Chickenetti into something somewhat edible but I don't think it can be done. Even if you substitute the canned cream of chicken soup with homemade soup full of fresh celery, carrots, onions, thyme, and bay leaves, maybe spice up the chicken with some smoked paprika when you cook it, once you dump it together with cheese and noodles you still wind up with mush. Thinking of the meals that the Duggar kids grew up on makes me sad. So much processed salty slop.

You could basically make a chicken Alfredo pasta. Use real cheese (Velveeta is disgusting) and full-fat cream with garlic cloves for the sauce, add some spices, toss the chicken cubes in parsley and thyme before cooking them, and use fettucine instead of spaghetti to handle the heft of the sauce better. And that recipe would actually take much less effort to make than Chicken-etti and is a lot tastier and ultimately healthier, since the ingredients, though fattening, have actual nutritional value.

I'm giggling because I just can't imagine showcasing that as a "recipe"; that's the kind of meal you don't really want to admit to serving unless it's an emergency "Fuck, I didn't go food shopping yet" type of night. 

I understand that some just generally aren't into cooking, but for "keepers of the home", that's just not even trying.  Most of the families I know with 2 working spouses (and no SAHDs) manage to put together a quick but wholesome meal on the table nearly every night.

Wow, now I really want to know how they can keep so slim. And are vegetables against Gothard?

The weird thing about their diet is that Gothard sold lots of books about healthy eating. He had a whole Wisdom Book about making whole wheat bread. 

These people sold books through ATI:

http://thetwosisters.com/?page_id=55

He also had a course in wholesome food preparation that was actually pretty good. It was created and taught by Sue Gregg.

http://www.suegregg.com/

I think they decided to skip that part of Gothard's teachings because it would be harder on them to cook healthy meals. 

this made me laugh when she said she borrowed the crockpot from a neighbor when WE KNOW from her welcome home episode with Derick that SHE HAS ONE (when she made him beans - Hello episode where they were sitting side by side kissing episode ) - where the fuck is her crockpot = again - grifters - grifting  - did she throw her crockpot in a storage shed somewhere - can you imagine where all the crap she got is 

That chickenetti recipe actually sounds kinda good to me. That's the kind of shit my mom or dad would've made when they were feeling "inventive" in the kitchen. Of course, there'd be at least a can of veggies mixed in if we didn't have anything fresh on hand, but really the only difference in how my family would've eaten that vs how the Dillard eat that is a missing can of corn or peas. 

I will say that for all the fancy homemade baked mac and cheese that we have made (we love trying to come up with new cheeses etc), the cheese that melts best and is the best texture is totally Velveeta/american slices. We usually do a mix of a super pungent cheddar and american, for flavor and texture. But there's also like nutmeg and pepper and other flavors. And no freaking cream of crap soup!

I will say that for all the fancy homemade baked mac and cheese that we have made (we love trying to come up with new cheeses etc), the cheese that melts best and is the best texture is totally Velveeta/american slices. We usually do a mix of a super pungent cheddar and american, for flavor and texture. But there's also like nutmeg and pepper and other flavors. And no freaking cream of crap soup!

Agreed with the velveeta melting best! I'll sometimes use velveeta as the "Base" cheese and then add tons of shredded cheese. Though for fancy mac and cheese I'll throw in diced jalapeños. Yum!

I love Gruyere in mac'n'cheese, and have a friend who puts in those Laughing Cow (Vache qui rit) triangles as well, and it's actually rather good:embarrassed:

I'm giggling because I just can't imagine showcasing that as a "recipe"; that's the kind of meal you don't really want to admit to serving unless it's an emergency "Fuck, I didn't go food shopping yet" type of night. 

I understand that some just generally aren't into cooking, but for "keepers of the home", that's just not even trying.  Most of the families I know with 2 working spouses (and no SAHDs) manage to put together a quick but wholesome meal on the table nearly every night.

Here's what I would more likely do with two chicken breasts and some spaghetti noodles.  Cut the chicken breasts in half, pound all four pieces fairly flat, sprinkle salt and pepper on them, then dredge them in a combination of flour and Italian bread crumbs.  In a saucepan, melt some butter and coconut oil (or oil of your choice), and saute the chicken breasts until they are crisp and brown on both sides.  Then remove the chicken from the pan, deglaze with a little sherry, add a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice, return the chicken to the pan and let it simmer for a couple minutes in the sherry/lemon juices.

Meantime, cook up the pasta. At the same time, steam a vegetable (sliced carrots, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower - whatever sounds good and you have on hand).  Top both the pasta and the veggie with lots of butter and salt to taste.  Slice up some fresh tomatoes on the side.  On each plate, put down a bed of the pasta, put a piece of chicken on top, and pour a little of the sherry glaze over it.  Veggies and sliced tomatoes on the side. 

Save the cheese for an after dinner snack, with some nuts or apple slices.

You could basically make a chicken Alfredo pasta. Use real cheese (Velveeta is disgusting) and full-fat cream with garlic cloves for the sauce, add some spices, toss the chicken cubes in parsley and thyme before cooking them, and use fettucine instead of spaghetti to handle the heft of the sauce better. And that recipe would actually take much less effort to make than Chicken-etti and is a lot tastier and ultimately healthier, since the ingredients, though fattening, have actual nutritional value.

I make a "proper alfredo" which has parmesan and shredded romano cheese and cream and add just a bit of black pepper and cayenne to give it some kick.
But I also make a " fast alfredo" consisting of: a can of cream of mushroom soup, half a cup of milk, half a cup of parmesan and some black pepper to taste. I cook it in with cooked chicken breasts and boil frozen broccoli in with the pasta water for a few minutes before I drain it so there's actual vegetables in the meal. lol Easy and not horribly unhealthy. And fettucine or linguine is for sure way better than speghetti so the noodles  don't drown in the sauce :)

You know what's hilarious? We used to snark on Anna's Chickenetti recipe, which had half a green pepper in it. Jill removed the only vegetable in it. Wonder why?

Here's what I would more likely do with two chicken breasts and some spaghetti noodles.  Cut the chicken breasts in half, pound all four pieces fairly flat, sprinkle salt and pepper on them, then dredge them in a combination of flour and Italian bread crumbs.  In a saucepan, melt some butter and coconut oil (or oil of your choice), and saute the chicken breasts until they are crisp and brown on both sides.  Then remove the chicken from the pan, deglaze with a little sherry, add a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice, return the chicken to the pan and let it simmer for a couple minutes in the sherry/lemon juices.

Meantime, cook up the pasta. At the same time, steam a vegetable (sliced carrots, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower - whatever sounds good and you have on hand).  Top both the pasta and the veggie with lots of butter and salt to taste.  Slice up some fresh tomatoes on the side.  On each plate, put down a bed of the pasta, put a piece of chicken on top, and pour a little of the sherry glaze over it.  Veggies and sliced tomatoes on the side. 

Save the cheese for an after dinner snack, with some nuts or apple slices.

That sounds really good! Simple, healthy, delicious

Hands down, the worst cooks for a family that prides itself on limited roles for women.

The worst.

And based on the condition of Chez Duggar, the housekeeping skills are iffy too.

They are con artists.

Buy used and save the difference, work hard blah, blah- all fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

The only thing that JB and M were good at was conception- their kids are showing the same tendencies.

What adult on Earth would think that a limited education, no skills, no job, no birth control and sex on demand is a good, responsible, fiscally or mentally sound plan for success? 

The grifting needs to stop. The easy media money needs to stop. The second generation needs to get a clue. It will hurt, too bad. It has to happen-

Hands down, the worst cooks for a family that prides itself on limited roles for women.

The worst.

And based on the condition of Chez Duggar, the housekeeping skills are iffy too.

They are con artists.

Buy used and save the difference, work hard blah, blah- all fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

The only thing that JB and M were good at was conception- their kids are showing the same tendencies.

What adult on Earth would think that a limited education, no skills, no job, no birth control and sex on demand is a good, responsible, fiscally or mentally sound plan for success? 

The grifting needs to stop. The easy media money needs to stop. The second generation needs to get a clue. It will hurt, too bad. It has to happen-

The lack of homemaking skills in this family leaves me shaking my head time after time.
I've always been envious of a friend of mine. She is from a large family (12 siblings) that grew up on a section of land on the prairie. They all had chores and they are now grown up people that KNOW STUFF. Important life skills stuff. How to cook and clean, how to can, how to bake bread in a clay oven, how to save seeds and start plants, how to grow a ton of food, how to hunt and clean whatever you killed, how to make things by hand- the list goes on and on. Growing up in a city I didn't learn a lot of this stuff until much older and a ton of this stuff I STILL haven't learned. 

It does seem like the only thing the Duggars are good at is reproduction :(. And I don't get why that on it's own is worthy of so much admiration from their adoring fans.

I sure hope to God none of those Duggar kids are/will be lactose intolerant, because it seems like this family really can't survive without mayo, whipping cream, and all that stuff!

Further contributing to the recipe thread drift, my official new favorite thing on which to munch is roasted Brussels sprouts. Just cut a bunch of sprouts in half, pour olive oil on a baking sheet, sprinkle on some coarse salt, black pepper, and minced fresh garlic, then let it all roast in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. Delicious, and Brussels sprouts, from my own experience shopping today, generally aren't terribly expensive.

Also, I worked at an on-campus eating club during college, and our MO was to have a three-course set meal for lunch and dinner Monday through Thursday. Jill and the other J'Slaves should take a lesson from the awesome chef who ran the place on how to make filling, delicious, and occasionally nutritious meals that feed a crowd and don't drain your bank account. Ugh, now I really want Chef's tomato bisque...and his chili...and his Supremo Burritos (BTW, he can make a vegetarian bean burrito that would make Steve Maxwell have a crisis of faith).

Further contributing to the recipe thread drift, my official new favorite thing on which to munch is roasted Brussels sprouts. Just cut a bunch of sprouts in half, pour olive oil on a baking sheet, sprinkle on some coarse salt, black pepper, and minced fresh garlic, then let it all roast in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. Delicious, and Brussels sprouts, from my own experience shopping today, generally aren't terribly expensive.1

Why did you mention Brussel Sprouts? My very favourite vegetable - roasted, fried, steamed, mixed with tatties for bubble and squeak! There are only 2 stores here that ever carry them - the horrendously expensive import store, which charges about $4 for 8 sprouts, or the big catering store outside town. I went there today to get some - they usually start to stock them in mid November - and they DIDN'T HAVE ANY! I really, really, really did not need you to start posting about Brussel Sprouts!

I can't snark on food because my eating is very special. That is a really sensitive spot and it annoys me when people comment on it. Comments judging from my weight to my eating and things like that. Not being overweight, it is the opposite. Comments are equally horrible, believe me. Funny thing is: I am so damn picky, but that is a recipe I would eat. :-D 

Tonight I'm having noodles with gravy. My favourite food. That is all. No spices, because I like it plain. If it tastes like nothing, it is perfect. 

Vegetables? Haha, nope. Potatoes, that is all. Salad and everything related to that is also not my thing. I do like potato salad, but with few spices and no onions. 

Why did you mention Brussel Sprouts? My very favourite vegetable - roasted, fried, steamed, mixed with tatties for bubble and squeak! There are only 2 stores here that ever carry them - the horrendously expensive import store, which charges about $4 for 8 sprouts, or the big catering store outside town. I went there today to get some - they usually start to stock them in mid November - and they DIDN'T HAVE ANY! I really, really, really did not need you to start posting about Brussel Sprouts!

Also jumping in to share my love for brussel sprouts <3 . I love them very much. Bacon and brussel sprouts together is amazing.

Also jumping in to share my love for brussel sprouts <3 . I love them very much. Bacon and brussel sprouts together is amazing.

And add some chestnut or walnut............in little tiny pieces.....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived