IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

Yep, she'll be peeing every time she sneezes from here on out. 

That's the thing I don't get about bragging about having a big baby. You are just telling everyone you got your nethers stretched out bigger then everyone else. lol 

This is one of the more fucked up things to snark on.  Shamming women for having bigger babies naturally?  Shamming women for being proud of thier birth experiences? Nope, not jumping on that band wagon.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the thing I don't get about bragging about having a big baby. You are just telling everyone you got your nethers stretched out bigger then everyone else. lol 

Guinn Seewald looks a little terrified. I picture her thinking, how did this happen so quickly? How am I a grandmother, I'm only 40! :my_confused:

I don't know why but some of the comments today are making me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for amusing me!!

That's really bullshit, and a pretty misogynistic thing to say too.

I guess Me-chelle wasn't there?
I wonder whose house it was done at or who was there. Obviously Ben and Guinn

Clearly Ben and Jessa's house.

I guess Me-chelle wasn't there?
I wonder whose house it was done at or who was there. Obviously Ben and Guinn

Thought the same! I think it was at their house..

We didn't get pictures of Michelle holding Izzy right away either but we know she was there from pictures afterwards.  If she was there for Anna I'm sure she was there for Jessa too.  We'll see more pictures in the next days/weeks.

Guinn Seewald looks a little terrified. I picture her thinking, how did this happen so quickly? How am I a grandmother, I'm only 40! :my_confused:

Wow! That's rude! I don't think that Jessa is worrying about that right now. Nor should anyone be! 

We may not be seeing Jessa because pushing out a baby that size, its possible she blew the capillaries in her eyes and now looks like a character from the first Blade movie. My aunt had it and it took a few days to go away.   He's cute, I'll give them that!   If Derick and Jill aren't there, my guess is Izzy's outfit was kind of a shout-out to them.

This is why I hate the "vagina is not a clown car" thing, and the snarking on women for putting too much effort or not enough effort into their appearance (apparently there's no middle ground, you go straight from stuck up self-obsessed princess to frumpy hot mess) - do we really have to participate in this misogynistic crap? Can't we focus on what's actually snark-worthy, AKA not whether Jessa styles her hair too much or Jill doesn't style her hair enough, but on the patriarchal, sexist, abuse-enabling cult they're victims of and will in turn make their own children victims of? No, I guess it's easier to castigate Jessa for taking pride in her appearance and speculating about how stretched out her vagina is now.

I guess a follow up question? So tall women with big hips aren't necessarily set for an easier delivery, right?  Also, in people's experiences outside the US, are c-sections more common in other countries (specifically I am wondering Latin America)?

My mother was 5 foot 10 inches tall, with very wide hips, very pear shaped. She had 16 pregnancies, 12 live births, and 11 of us survived to adulthood. All of her babies were in the 6.5 to 7 pound range, she had very healthy easy births by her report. She loved. being pregnant, and was the happiest and most pleasant while pregnant and while nursing. (she nursed all of us, totally flat chested as well. I inherited that tendency. :-)

If I were Jill I would have sent her one for her birthday :D 

"You'll need this when you give birth! Love, Jill!" 

Just to be clear I'm not criticizing Jessa for not releasing pictures of herself holding the baby immediately after birth.  I wouldn't either if I knew the picture would be seen by a huge audience.  I don't blame her for taking some time.

OMG it looks like a baby!!   The photos look like they were taken by the family, so perhaps TLC was not there after all.. and they used those portable video cameras like they place in the Duggars' cars on the dashboard.
If so, good for Jessa being able to have some privacy during her birth when she wanted it.

Not criticizing the lack of pictures of Jessa with the baby. On the other hand, I do think it's really dumb to announce the birth along with the size of the baby and then not release the baby's name. I can understand why people wait to share a baby's name until it's born, but I really don't get the point of continuing to wait after it's been born.

Can we talk about Derricks instagram, saying that they will raise the baby in the "love and admonition" of God.  That seems like an odd thing to say.  Why would you want a baby to be admonished by God??

ok new questions -all mothers out there - are you surprised that she birthed a big baby with no drugs at home via the hospital- or was this something any woman could do - because she just used her Bradly class techniques really well - or does it depend on height - this is a question I have - how silly it may be 

Most women can do it.  That baby is above average weight wise, but I have friends who had home births with 10 and 11 lb babies.  Women's bodies are made to do this.  Animal kingdom and all ;-)

On think the picture of Jessa is probably under a contract, so they will be posting a family photo taken by People. Just a guess... They might be waiting for the 3 of them together for the same reason. 

He's a little cutie! 

The baby is cute (that's so subjective, and most babies are cute, but I find Jessa's baby boy cuter to my eyes than Izzy was at his birth).  I'm glad it appears the birth went well and both baby and mom are doing okay.  Very homespun photo - baby wrapped in a brown towel.  I wanted no pictures taken of me in the first days after having my baby - I did not look my best and why would I want that preserved on photographic form.   So I understand Jessa not feeling camera ready.  But no photo of proud unemployed daddy Ben holding his firstborn son? 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived