IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

The baby is cute (that's so subjective, and most babies are cute, but I find Jessa's baby boy cuter to my eyes than Izzy was at his birth).  I'm glad it appears the birth went well and both baby and mom are doing okay.  Very homespun photo - baby wrapped in a brown towel.  I wanted no pictures taken of me in the first days after having my baby - I did not look my best and why would I want that preserved on photographic form.   So I understand Jessa not feeling camera ready.  But no photo of proud unemployed daddy Ben holding his firstborn son? 

There is a photo.  It's right here http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Names on my mom's side it's a tradition to name a girl with an A name ( started as a coincidence with the first 3 then we decided to roll with it)

We only have 4 so far but my staked name is "Alexis" because you can go by Alex, Lexi, Ali ect 

Even thought his account is private, posting the links to the photos oublicly makes those few phorot oublic. I see nothing wrong with posting the pictures here. But i don't make the rules here, so...

Still no name? I guess whoever joked they would release info in dribs and drabs was spot on!

At least it keeps us nice and calm , I read about the birth just as I was heading to bed last night and now I'm home to catch up with gossip before making dinner - nice to only have a few pages to catch up on.

On think the picture of Jessa is probably under a contract, so they will be posting a family photo taken by People. Just a guess... They might be waiting for the 3 of them together for the same reason. 

He's a little cutie! 

Yep. Along with one of Michelle, too.

The Seewalds have done a smart thing, directing people (from People.com, nonetheless!) to their website, so that they can cash in on the thousands of hits they have, and will continue to, garner from all the people wanting more pictures of Baby Seewald, who is very cute.

I usually find most newborn babies cute, except for most Duggar spawn... Especially Izzy... He is not cute, at all. (Sorry).

I am excited to hear his name - I know I mentioned my name guesses in a previous post, but I would like to add Noah and Gabriel as contenders.

I've also been pondering about the post by Jessica Seewald and whether or not she was given the go-ahead by Ben & Jessa. If she was, it could've been an FU to the TLC gravy train, or maybe they caught wind that JillyMuffin was planning on announcing that she's knocked up again. Hmm! The mind ponders!

Man I tell you what...I've always thought these women were crazytown bananapants for posting photos of themselves immediately after labor.  But hey, that's their comfort level.   Personally, I think those photos are wonderful to have, but not things I would want in People Mag or on my instagram.  Yes, some women we have seen look amazing after labor.  I've seen some women look perfect after running a marathon.  But me?  I look like a sasquatch who fell down a well.  I probably will after labor too, and no, I DON'T want the world seeing that.  Those are the photos that go in the baby book, not the ones that get hung on the walls.

I'm happy Jessa isn't rushing to post a pic because she has to.  I hope that she waits until she feels like she looks well and is comfortable with the photos.  I think it's terrible that society expects women to look absolutely pre-baby perfect immediately after having a kid, and I understand not wanting to release photos publicly until she feels she looks decent.  Everyone has different comfort levels in regards to what they feel OK sharing with the world.  I'm glad Jessa is asserting hers and not posting something she is uncomfortable with because her mother/sister did.

I'm kinda entertained that less than 24 hours later, they are not trending on FB.  Mount St. Helens is much more interesting anyhow.   

Where is the picture Derick posted? I don't have access to his instagram, and I didn't see one on Twitter. Link?

I guess a follow up question? So tall women with big hips aren't necessarily set for an easier delivery, right?  Also, in people's experiences outside the US, are c-sections more common in other countries (specifically I am wondering Latin America)?

My daughter gave birth in Ecuador where all women with insurance can opt for a cesarean section. The MDs actually prefer it for scheduling purposes.

The link is on Twitter. 

ETA: Looks like it's no longer active. The photo is in the Daily Mail coverage though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3306390/Jessa-Duggar-husband-Ben-Seewald-welcome-child-son.html

Thanks! The Daily Mail always has the best headlines-- Josh Duggar is a "sex pest." Love that term.

Interesting that the outfit little cute Seeweed is in following birth is the same one cousin Izzy wore.  In that side by side picture above of the two babies after birth, Izzy appears to be so much bigger. 

The towel and bedspread lead me to believe it was a home birth.

And Holy hell  - she pushed a 9 lb 11 oz baby through her vagina, at home, without meds?! Way to go. 

Pictures show Bin holding him in front of an open closet.    

Grandma Duggar and J-Boob is there but no MEchelle - who is probably pissed that she didn't push him out herself

On 11/6/2015 at 10:45 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:
Oh, I thought the name test (or full initials*) was to see if a name rhymed with any dirty words or slurs.  LOL!  I totally did THAT test with my kids' names!

*i.e., Charles Richard Alexander-Porter; Bethany Amanda Rachael Foster

Or Google the name to see if it generates embarrassing photos, links, or horrific news. Or if it generates images of strippers. If it sounds like a stripper name, run it through Google. That will give you 100% proof that it's indeed a stripper name. (A family member named their child an obviously sounding stripper name here recently. My husband googled the name and page after page of practically nude stripper pictures came up with that name). My husband made a vow that day to always Google our child's future name the day of their birth. No matter the name we chose. Just to double check, lol.

He is a super cute baby. I just love babies, especially cute babies.

Also, I am happy that it seems like a Jessa got the birth she wanted.

Gotta "love" how the article states that Jessa was seen having ice cream with "a young girl".

Really.

She is literally her daughter. Poor jordyn, no one remembers her

I'm worried this will happen with our second.  I'm 23 weeks pregnant and we just can't agree on a name.  At all. 

We gave our second a name that didn't quite fit him.  It was a compromise because we couldn't agree.  The good news is the name lent itself to a perfect nickname and that is what he has been known by since he developed a personality.  So my advice is pick a name with good nickname potential.

Incidentally that kid weighed 9lbs 9 oz.  Hospital birth, induced because MD judged he was getting too big and he was a week overdue.

I have to admit that, after the amazingness of the last thread, I'm still a bit disappointed that she didn't give birth to a cat. 

That's what I said in the other thread. I really wanted her to give birth to a cat.

This is my first post ever so I hope I do it right!  He is such a cute little guy but for some reason it's bothering me that they put him in that towel instead of a soft and new little blanket.  Anyway, congrats to Jessa and Ben!

I completely agree.  With all of the solicited gift coupons and the gigantic baby shower, you'd think Jessa would be prepared with a receiving blanket for her baby.  Grabbing a bathroom towel for his first photo, that they know is going to be posted everywhere, is hugely tacky.  And, if they had a towel, why didn't they dry his hair?  Compare to this photo:

0 baby Charlotte.jpg

Just checked out the few photos of him, nice that the Seawalds are getting some baby time\ attention before it becomes a full on Duggars baby fest.

He is a cute enough lil guy. I am not big into babies or cooing over their cuteness but he has nice chubby checks and I think in a day or two his face will be less squishey and red , we will get a better idea. It looks like he has Jessa's chin and lips already.

When I saw the first photo of Izzy I thought he was a cute baby too until someone mentioned the Jim Bob factor. That poor child. After that, all I saw was a baby JB looking back at me - not cute!  

I completely agree.  With all of the solicited gift coupons and the gigantic baby shower, you'd think Jessa would be prepared with a receiving blanket for her baby.  Grabbing a bathroom towel for his first photo, that they know is going to be posted everywhere, is hugely tacky.  And, if they had a towel, why didn't they dry his hair?  Compare to this photo:

0 baby Charlotte.jpg

There are several orders of magnitude in difference between photographing a newborn at birth and presenting the fourth*-in-line to a throne to the public.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived