IGNORED

Bin Seewald

Rosie

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and her father and mother and brothers and sisters and those 29 and counting shall become one trainwreck."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and her father and mother and brothers and sisters and those 29 and counting shall become one trainwreck."

Too good an opportunity not to use this emoticon!

:TrainWreckMotion:

Shhh :shhh: we're not supposed to ask questions.  Just like Harry couldn't ask Aunt Petunia about his parents, we can't question their complete and utter nonsense.

This is the best thing I've read all day (& you are 234723987234897489% correct, too; Petunia was a nasty woman). Thanks for making me laugh, HarryPotterFan!  ;) 

Oh, dog vomit. Not Sierra! 

What tragedy will she bug her eyes out at next? 

sierra.jpg

Anyone w/meme-making capabilities would have a field day w/this. Muahahahahaha.

What doesn't add up, though? The father is always the initiator, either via the guy coming to him and expressing interest in a daughter and then the father deciding whether or not to give the go ahead, or via the father introducing/suggesting a guy to his daughter. This isn't a shady conspiracy that they're trying to cover up, it's something they're very open about and actually take pride in. But Jim Bob isn't an all-powerful deity who can bend all others to his will, and magically arrange any kind of courtship he wants for his children. The other families do have a say in it. Sometimes I think people give Jim Bob WAY too much credit for power that he does not have. :pb_razz:

You're probably right. I guess I'm just confused about the story because neither Ben nor Jessa expressed interest in each other prior to JimBob giving Jessa's number to Ben. He seems like Cupid and wanted this courtship to happen and of course it worked out. 

To me what doesn't add up is the Seewalds' angle. What sane parent is convinced by their never having been in the real world teenager, that he needs to travel 300 miles to pursue a girl that he saw on a TV show? Come on. I've parented teens, and there is no way in he!! that the stories they have all told are exacting, because if they are, all 4 parents need to have their heads thoroughly examined by a HCP.

Sorry Ben, find a local girl.

Um, no, our daughter is not looking for an unemployed teenager as a spouse and father (within 12 mos time).

Safeguards, protecting of hearts....what Bullshit!

Not only that, but let him move away to live in a shed to court said girl. Yeah, he was an adult and there's nothing they could've done to stop him, but come on. The Seewalds are probably just as fame hungry as the Dillards. Daddy Seewald's blog needed hits. 

Yep, money has driven the Duggar train since, forever.

Derick hopped on, although I'm not sure his mother agreed.

The Seewalds liked the fame train-

Josh really put a few kinks (yes, he literally did) in the gravy train plan.

I have wondered if Ben and Jessa have health coverage. At least Derick was working for Walmart when Jill had her C-section. What happens if Jessa needs a hospital birth? I doubt Jim Bob's lawn mowing job comes with a health plan. I guess if they have unexpected medical bills Jim Bob will have to help Jessa talk the hospital into paying for the bills with gift cards.

I think Bin is a fool not to use this time when TLC/Jim Bob is covering living expenses to get his B.A. or start an entry level job.

The fact that Bin "took a break from his studies" because Jessa is pregnant.  That makes NO sense.  He should be rushing to complete his studies because it won't get easier when the baby is actually born!  Does Jessa need him around all day long while she is pregnant? Probably not, and it would be more helpful to have him around when the baby is born.  UGH these people make no sense and it is just annoying me.  The only caveat I can see is if "break from his studies" means "working his butt off to make money to provide for the little one." But somehow I doubt it. 

i see it - that they think TLC is their job = plain and simple - and yes - he did say he was taking time before they got their "specials" (that we know off ) so in that respect - I have no clue - because they are truly living in the moment and don't plan ahead  - or he just loves mowing lawns that MUCH  

It was (maybe still is) particularly insulting that people with no educations, skills or obvious work ethic have been given a media platform to spew garbage about their superior, more Godly way.

Remaining purposely obtuse about the world around you and procreating a bunch of kids whom you cannot/will not financially support is not noteworthy.

Frauds- they are all frauds.

i see it - that they think TLC is their job = plain and simple - and yes - he did say he was taking time before they got their "specials" (that we know off ) so in that respect - I have no clue - because they are truly living in the moment and don't plan ahead  - or he just loves mowing lawns that MUCH  

Lawn mowing season is over in Arkansas.  It won't start up again until spring.  That guy has way too much time on his hands and his fast-food budget is way too big.

You mean we won't get to see any of the littles on J/J specials?? Then  what's the point??

Ugh. I am so tired of the phrase "little ones".

You and me both, sister -or brother as the case may be!  What the hell is wrong with the good old fashioned "baby"?

The fact that Bin "took a break from his studies" because Jessa is pregnant.  That makes NO sense.  He should be rushing to complete his studies because it won't get easier when the baby is actually born!  Does Jessa need him around all day long while she is pregnant? Probably not, and it would be more helpful to have him around when the baby is born.  UGH these people make no sense and it is just annoying me.  The only caveat I can see is if "break from his studies" means "working his butt off to make money to provide for the little one." But somehow I doubt it. 

No lie. I know a couple of guys who went back to school to get their bachelors. Both married. Last semester both their wives were due to give birth. Each one took the remainder of the week off afterward and was right back in class the following week. They're both determined to get those degrees to provide a better life for their growing families. I don't think Ben feels like he needs to do that. He has Jim Bob to pay his way now.

I agree, that is such a bad excuse. I mean, I would understand if he would take a few classes less, but stopping your studies completely just because your wife is pregnant is beyong ridiculous. And even after the baby is born, I'm all for equal parenting responsibilities, but there is no reason why he couldn't leave his family for a few hours to attend a college class. And doesn't he take online classes anyway?

I knew a girl who was pregnant while she was completing her bachelors, and she didn't take the whole semester off.  And she was the one who was pregnant!  The fact that Bin and Jessa think that it is a good excuse shows how poorly they understand regular people. 

OK, so take a break from school, BUT GET A GD, independently PAYING JOB! Or stop working, if you can financially swing it, but to quit school AND life off the ILs- that is pure BULLSHIT.

Once the kids start coming is Ben going to suddenly have MORE FREE TIME? If they have 3 kids in 30 months time, will Jessa need him at home LESS? 

I know people hate dropping labels, but these 2 are idiots. My 18 month old GD has more common sense and reasoning abilities than those 2 put together.

Quitting school to prepare for the baby could also read as "flunked out." or "Dropped all classes before final drop date to avoid failing everything. 

I thought he had a windshield repair business and/or an insurance job in Arkansas.... what happened to those things?  Now, my old lawn guy was not very educated and started with a rusty push mower and an old truck, but he was dedicated and within a short time was doing very very well (lake house well) so there is nothing inherently wrong with a lawn business.  But one has to be dedicated to it. 

I knew a girl who was pregnant while she was completing her bachelors, and she didn't take the whole semester off.  And she was the one who was pregnant!  The fact that Bin and Jessa think that it is a good excuse shows how poorly they understand regular people. 

My sister is due on Nov. 15th and she is cramming to get her studies(Bachelor's) for this semester done before then. She will not be taking the spring off either. I will be graduating next May with my Associate's and then would like to go on to my Bachelor's and we hope to have a baby in the next year or so. It can be done.  

OK, so take a break from school, BUT GET A GD, independently PAYING JOB! Or stop working, if you can financially swing it, but to quit school AND life off the ILs- that is pure BULLSHIT.

Once the kids start coming is Ben going to suddenly have MORE FREE TIME? If they have 3 kids in 30 months time, will Jessa need him at home LESS? 

I know people hate dropping labels, but these 2 are idiots. My 18 month old GD has more common sense and reasoning abilities than those 2 put together.

:clap: I got married when I was 20 years old. I put two years in at a local 2 year university before that. I did take the year off after the wedding but not because we got married but because I didn't know what I wanted to do yet. So, we rented a shitty apartment for super cheap, and I mean shitty, and I started a full-time job (not given to me by my dad). We have never accepted or borrowed any money from either of our parents during that time. His age offers him zero excuses. 

I know that he was hired by Jim Bob to be his slave awhile back, and that he graduated from community college in the spring, but we have not heard any news of any kind on Ben's career in recent months.

Where is he working now?  Do we know?

Did Jessa say that they were hoping BabyBin would go to the Gothard School of tax shelters so he to can have a home prison church.

I am facinated by the lack of shame on both their parts. Show a knee and give deep apologies. Be two unemployed people living off daddy, with a baby on the way, while spending the day taking selfies, and they think they are living model lives for all the heathens to follow. I would be embarrassed to be in their shoes but I come from a family that wouldn't get off our backs until we got it together. I would have been embarrassed from day one. I can't even imagine being 22 and telling my family I am going to marry an unemployed 19 year old and our goal is to have as many children and the Lord will allow without actually having a job. They actually think this is normal. What do they do all day other than take selfies? The non-stop honeymoon sex likely wore off months ago.

Most people don't take time off because their wife is having a baby. Most can't do it. He was going to school, not working a 9 to 5. He could have put all his classes on two days. They just need to admit that their is no need for a job or school as long has TLC or Jim Bob pays the bills. I wonder if they even understand th concept of self-sufficient. 

Archived