IGNORED

First family pic of Elissa, Joe, and Calia Maxwell is up

SPHASH

OMG, Chris, learn how to crop a photo correctly.

There's no reason to leave a reasonable amount of blank space on one side of the picture while chopping off Elissa's back on the other side of the pic.

There's also no reason to chop off the top of a person's head, as he does in SO many of his pics.

He's just so bad at it all. :roll:

Love your avatar!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The taking a picture of wedding rings with the baby thing is a trend from Pinterest. The version I've seen the most has the rings hanging around the baby's toes. But yeah, definitely awkward.

My friend did that with their preemie, put dad's wedding ring on the baby's leg, more to show how tiny she was than to show her parents were married. I wanted to do it, but my baby was bigger and my husband has small hands :lol:

Cannot stand him either. Had to grow up listening to his bs and my parents hung on his every word. If I catch a bit of his voice on the radio it makes me cringe!

OT but ita, there is such a strong Dr. Dobson accent. Chris Jeub has it too - that FOTF cadence. I noticed it on the intro to the awful mocking podcast his kids made in response to Cynthia leaving. iirc the Jeubs are also in Colorado and someone said that he used to work for FOTF.

Oh my, will we eventually have Maxwell backdrops with ads for their books? Or maybe a Do you know where you'll go when you die backdrop?

:lol: isn't it already?

Her poor little hand is blue!

Oh my gosh! In all the photos her left hand DOES look blue!! Do they take their children to the doctor for newborn visits? If her hand didn't pink up after removing the mummy gauze, they need to have her checked, in my opinion. If it was because of the gauze...they are a bunch of idiots.

Cannot stand him either. Had to grow up listening to his bs and my parents hung on his every word. If I catch a bit of his voice on the radio it makes me cringe!

That evil, hateful, bitchtit dirtwad isn't dead YET?! I was raised with the rod Dobson told my parents to wield and even started out thinking I'd listen to him after my first baby came. Dobson hour on the radio was sacred to our entire extended family. Blessedly, one look at my baby girl's face slapped the horrible stupid Dobson out of my head and I'm so grateful that I did neither as I saw or heard during my childhood with my kids. I hate that guy. :pull-hair:

Oh my gosh! In all the photos her left hand DOES look blue!! Do they take their children to the doctor for newborn visits? If her hand didn't pink up after removing the mummy gauze, they need to have her checked, in my opinion. If it was because of the gauze...they are a bunch of idiots.

I am really hoping it was because of the gauze. What a crap thing to hope for. Your parents are so stupid that they wrapped you too tightly in gauze, slapped a cabbage on your head, so they could take photos of you in your mother's arms while your dad deathstares.

Bah.

Free Jinger may banish me to the North Woods for a weekend with Gothard for this, but...

I really like the fourth photo. I like the weird posing, I like how happy and natural everyone looks...it's strange and a little awkward, but I like it.

Free Jinger may banish me to the North Woods for a weekend with Gothard for this, but...

I really like the fourth photo. I like the weird posing, I like how happy and natural everyone looks...it's strange and a little awkward, but I like it.

This one? :) mbe because it wasn't an original idea to him, it looks less creepy. The baby does look vulnerable there though, esp. in the tiny roll that might have left her neck wobbly.

The fifth one is most beautiful imo. That should have been their first one posted, since the first blog was announcing the baby's arrival and that pic focuses on her and makes her look like a precious gift. Instead, their first pic was one that focused on Joe in an uneasy way. jmo.

post-10046-14452000946729_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's definitely one of the better ones. I like the two near the top of "Elissa and her little girl" as Sarah put it. Except that Elissa is way over to the left, and there's whitespace on the right. Does Christopher think that's arty? Is it arty - cos I wouldn't know, or is it just lazy composition?

Tl;dr Is Elissa over one side for a reason?

I am really hoping it was because of the gauze. What a crap thing to hope for. Your parents are so stupid that they wrapped you too tightly in gauze, slapped a cabbage on your head, so they could take photos of you in your mother's arms while your dad deathstares.

Bah.

The gauze drives me up the wall because it to me it looks like...

a) the parents received their baby from some sort of giant mythical spider and she is freshly unwrapped

b) the parents are going to sacrifice the baby to a giant spider

c) Eraserhead

Dear Photographers Everywhere

Please, please, please stop with the pictures of newborns wrapped up in a cocoon of gauze.

Really, just stop.

Thanks

Twin2

Please, please, please stop with the pictures of newborns wrapped up in a cocoon of gauze.

Really, just stop.

Thanks

Twin2

dscn2465.jpg?w=300&h=199

You don't like the silk worm effect?

Another day, another series of photos of that poor baby trussed up with a dinner plate-sized flower stuck to her head.

Current headband count: 4

I just want to reach in and grab those damn headbands! For Heaven's sake, put in a sleeper and cover her arms and let her be!!!!

Crazy old bat here hates those big headbands and bows on babies. They're obviously put there so GOD FORBID someone doesn't realize the baby is a girl.

I think your right about the bow!!

Really, just stop.

Thanks

Twin2

I'll take it even further and say just stop with the newborn pix altogether. It creeps me out in the extreme. I always think I'm looking at pictures of dead babies. Haaaaate.

Calia doesn't look fully cooked to me. Maybe because she's so tiny.

Off topic but new post up. It's Sarah's new book and she looks sooooo worn out, i have a close friend who's almost exactly Sarah's age, has 3 kids and is married aaaaand she looks way younger, i guess livin with Stevie can destroy you.

Wow, she does look tired. Those are bad angles for her, but yeah, her eyes have bags under them and more wrinkles then I've seen on her before. That smile is just so forced.

As an aside, why do they have to tease the new book? Just announce the damn thing. Didn't she already reveal it was a Moody book anyway? With drawings by Mary.

I do agree that Calia doesn't look quite... done... but can we just fire Christopher altogether ("FIRE CHRISTOPHER" thank you, Airplane fans) and just have Sarah continue to work on her photography? Her photos of the baby are much warmer and show some feeling for her subject.

Archived