IGNORED

First family pic of Elissa, Joe, and Calia Maxwell is up

SPHASH

OMG the comments...

"What a stunning photo! Love the look of adoration in Joseph’s eyes"

"Lovely! His eyes say so much! What a happy family!"

I really hope these are comments from people on here.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New photos up. Sarah had to explain the headband was NR Anna's idea. Hi Steve!

Wow. No exaggeration, that flower IS literally as big as the baby's head.

Well, they look happy. Photography is meh, as usual.

And I'm still totally creeped out by newborn photoshoots.

Wow. No exaggeration, that flower IS literally as big as the baby's head.

And the color of baby poo, yay.

Once again, the baby is referred to as Elissa's. How, I wonder, would they have referred to a son?

Even little Calia looks worried by the headband in the second last photo. "Stop putting things on and off my head!"

When babies are pictured wrapped tightly in a white or cream cheesecloth swaddling cloth, they always look like some kind of insect cocoon. She looks like she's starting to hatch into a cabbage with that huge green extravaganza of a bow. :?

So much white! The one picture I really liked was the one of Sarah holding the baby. Sarah's not wearing white, the baby is wrapped in a blanket rather than gauze, and the whole thing looks really natural. Calia's even awake and alert!

What the hell is that blurry picture with (I assume) the baby and a ring? Worst photo ever. Go fire yourself, Chris.

The white! Just because they own a white studio backdrop thing (what's the proper English word for that?) doesn't mean they HAVE to use it. (Maybe they can photoshop in another background, like in the current family photo...)

I have to say though, I like Sarah's favourite photo too. The idea is – of course – copied since they can't come up with stuff on their own. I wonder who's allowed to go online to look for inspiration for baby/family photos? Can they be trusted to go online alone?

It's sad to see Sarah with her niece instead of with her own baby. And she had to justify getting the picture by saying she was just randomly holding the baby and someone else snapped a picture? Couldn't she just say she wanted a picture with Calia too? When my niece was born I got a picture with her at her newborn shoot too. Is that weird? (I was excited about a new family member!)

Anyway, Elissa is beautiful!

Oh, nooooo! Christopher strikes again. The best photo is of Sarah and Calia and Anna Marie took that one.

The other pictures are even worse than the first one. We now have a mummified baby with a cabbage growing out of her little brain. :pink-shock:

Elissa looks nice and very happy. Calia is a really pretty baby despite the headbands but unbandage her tiny body. Swaddling is one thing, but wrapping her in gauze is creepy.

Joseph looks smug and possessive not loving and protective.

First- why do they like making babies look like mummies? The material looks like a huge bandage.

Second- why the fuck did they stick a cabbage on Calia's head??

OMG, Chris, learn how to crop a photo correctly.

There's no reason to leave a reasonable amount of blank space on one side of the picture while chopping off Elissa's back on the other side of the pic.

There's also no reason to chop off the top of a person's head, as he does in SO many of his pics.

He's just so bad at it all. :roll:

Paperplate, backdrop is the correct word. At a red carpet or other paparazzi infested event, the backdrop with ads printed on it is a step-and-repeat.

Well, the cabbage rose is larger than the poor child's head! Poor little mite, let her be.

OF all of them, I can take the cabbage rose made from the flower from her mother's bridesmaid's dresses the best, but really--why not just put it on a stem or in a frame for her room? That and the wedding ring on the baby picture seem odd to me-- mixing wedding pictures and baby pictures is just odd.

It's extremely disturbing to see the way Joe is gripping Elissa's arm.

Yeah, that's really bothering me too. :?

Obviously I don't know him personally , but there's something about him in particular amongst the Maxwell boys that worries me.

Paperplate, backdrop is the correct word. At a red carpet or other paparazzi infested event, the backdrop with ads printed on it is a step-and-repeat.

Oh my, will we eventually have Maxwell backdrops with ads for their books? Or maybe a Do you know where you'll go when you die backdrop?

What the hell is that blurry picture with (I assume) the baby and a ring? Worst photo ever. Go fire yourself, Chris.

Look, it's VERY important that anyone looking at this photo knows this baby's parents are MARRIED. She was created in the MARRIAGE bed, not through some kind of sinful, worldly non-missionary sex.

The whiteness!!! Gah, it blinds me!!! With all the whiteness, I'm half expecting God (who looks suspciously like Morgan Freeman) to come out of the light to bless their baby, and then promptly remove that awful headband.

Joseph's creepy stare and clutching of Elissa just scream to me "Let's get started on the next one, honey!"

And WTF is up with the blurred pic of the rings on the baby's belly?! :dontgetit:

Crazy old bat here hates those big headbands and bows on babies. They're obviously put there so GOD FORBID someone doesn't realize the baby is a girl.

James Dobson is the main reason for my parents' "punishment methods" (aka abuse) when I was growing up - I couldn't agree more and also I really fucking hate this guy. Although he's probably, incidentally, the #1 reason my kids will never experience corporal punishment so maybe something good will come out of his asshattery after all.

Cannot stand him either. Had to grow up listening to his bs and my parents hung on his every word. If I catch a bit of his voice on the radio it makes me cringe!

The taking a picture of wedding rings with the baby thing is a trend from Pinterest. The version I've seen the most has the rings hanging around the baby's toes. But yeah, definitely awkward.

Archived