IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been to a wedding that involved the trashing of cars, houses, or hotel rooms, thankfully. I am so glad that it didn't happen at our wedding! 

That pic of jessa looks rather Sheena Easton from the 80's.  

I was thinking Marie Osmond

On a side note, I came across Josh pics (from August of this year) on the David/Priscilla website a little while ago. I so wanted to throw up. Smarmy jerkface. :2wankers:

On a side note, I came across Josh pics (from August of this year) on the David/Priscilla website a little while ago. I so wanted to throw up. Smarmy jerkface. :2wankers:

I have the same reaction to his pictures that pop up. Or I tend to think "pig head or other nasty names".. He is just so smarmy and so sure of himself that he isn't . Wrong. The things he has done in his life just boggle the mind. I feel it runs far deeper in that family than the public will ever know since the victims are led to believe it is their fault. Just disgusting. Christians? That is what makes Christians looks go bad to others.

I'm so hyped up from an amazing night out that I just had to post this somewhere. The Duggars can suck it because I was out partying in Des Moines, Iowa, last night and Caitlyn Jenner was at the gay bar The Garden, where I was at with friends! It was AMAZING and she even broke it down on the dance floor. Something you'd never see the Duggars do. Ok, time for bed.

Most "trashing" is not actually destructive. You just drive around with just married on your car, its more like childish decorations.  

Thank goodness most trashing is rather benign. My now ex rented a RV so we could go up the coast vineyard hopping for our honeymoon. Right after the wedding he lifted the RVs hood to check it out and sure enough his brother had rewired the RV. This was the same guy who set fireworks displays for a living and was missing part of a finger he blew off. WTF!

I'm so hyped up from an amazing night out that I just had to post this somewhere. The Duggars can suck it because I was out partying in Des Moines, Iowa, last night and Caitlyn Jenner was at the gay bar The Garden, where I was at with friends! It was AMAZING and she even broke it down on the dance floor. Something you'd never see the Duggars do. Ok, time for bed.

What the heck was Caitlyn doing in Des Moines? 

What the heck was Caitlyn doing in Des Moines? 

According to twitter, she was partying with the cast? Des Moines, though... lol

My friend Sarah (also a huge Duggar snarker) did some sleuthing online and she found that Caitlyn was in Dubuque this weekend for a transgender dinner event. She must've made her way back to Des Moines and wanted to go out with her blonde friend. I originally thought Caitlyn was in town for the Democratic debate last night at Drake University, but she is a well known Republican. And ps, Des Moines is an amazing city,  especially the nightlife! But you're right, I was kind of scratching my head the entire time. Oh yeah, her film crew was also there! One more thing, Caitlyn went to college in Iowa at Graceland University and ran in the Drake Relays. This was at one time her home.

20151114_234131.jpg

20151114_234732.jpg

Believe it or not, he's for real.  There's a video of him doing this in McDonalds.  If you search for him on YouTube, it's always the same song and same routine.   (Did you catch the pseudo-Michael Jackson moves that DON'T fit the music at all?)

His Facebook profile says he's 54.  He's totally sold on himself, it would appear. 

ETA:  If you don't run in Christian circles or listen to Christian music,  no, he is not a Christian singer--at least not the "famous" kind--and this sort of routine is definitely not something you'd see in a mainline,  Protestant Christian worship service.   This guy marches to the beat of his own drum, for sure! 

Thank you THANK YOU GimmeAFreeRV!  I've been so depressed, really hit rock bottom today, and THIS made me smile.  That's a big feat.:text-thankyouyellow:

If they don´t foresee needing lubricant, how are they supposed to know what to do with it even if it is given to them? :my_huh:

But, well, maybe they also put some sort of "operating manual" in the box, so the couple would be informed about how to use all that unknown stuff... "Sorry, hon´, will be with you in a minute, just checking out these instructions first!"

So very romantic indeed!:irony:

I don't mean to pull this up from four days ago, but someone did this for me and my husband for our wedding. It was horrible. It was generally assumed that we were virgins and completely unknowledgeable about marital relations (apparently we put up a good front), so one of my husband's friend's parents whom I barely knew sat us down because they wanted to explain everything to us. I mean, from the birds and the bees into things we might want to try once we're more experienced. It turns out they were pretty kinky for a strict homeschool fundie couple. :pb_eek: But they gave us an "expensive" bottle of lube from Target and said that it was necessary for "the very first time at least." They also bought me a super GAUDY black nightgown and told us to call them on our wedding night if we needed any guidance. My husband joked that he was going invite them along to spectate, because they probably would have gone along with it. 

It was a nice gesture and all, but yeah...I think it's best to let the people figure it out on their own...Plus, I thought some of the extreme fundies were against anything unnatural (e.g. lube, condoms, etc) in the bedroom??

<snip>

one of my husband's friend's parents whom I barely knew sat us down because they wanted to explain everything to us. I mean, from the birds and the bees into things we might want to try once we're more experienced. It turns out they were pretty kinky for a strict homeschool fundie couple. :pb_eek: But they gave us an "expensive" bottle of lube from Target and said that it was necessary for "the very first time at least." They also bought me a super GAUDY black nightgown and told us to call them on our wedding night if we needed any guidance. My husband joked that he was going invite them along to spectate, because they probably would have gone along with it. 

<snip>

This wasn't people being "nice."  This was people obsessed with sex and on some level getting their jollies out of being involved in your supposed sex-education.  Your husband was right that it was voyeuristic.  Ugh.

The most they should have done was to gift you with a book on the basics and a small tube of lube.  And even that... Well, it says a lot about them, doesn't it?

For what it is worth my mother and I were very close, and she had a poor sense of boundaries in many ways, yet I can't imagine that (even if she had not feared to be told that I was no longer a virgin)  she would have offered to have me and my husband call her and my dad if we needed advice about sex on the wedding night.  It is just so intrusive to even offer such a thing!

It seems to me that a lot of fundies who, as a married couple, can have sex, may be a little too inclined to want to share intimate information that should remain private--as witness Jim Bob's famous Suggestive Humping Scene.

I don't mean to pull this up from four days ago, but someone did this for me and my husband for our wedding. It was horrible. It was generally assumed that we were virgins and completely unknowledgeable about marital relations (apparently we put up a good front), so one of my husband's friend's parents whom I barely knew sat us down because they wanted to explain everything to us. I mean, from the birds and the bees into things we might want to try once we're more experienced. It turns out they were pretty kinky for a strict homeschool fundie couple. :pb_eek: But they gave us an "expensive" bottle of lube from Target and said that it was necessary for "the very first time at least." They also bought me a super GAUDY black nightgown and told us to call them on our wedding night if we needed any guidance. My husband joked that he was going invite them along to spectate, because they probably would have gone along with it. 

It was a nice gesture and all, but yeah...I think it's best to let the people figure it out on their own...Plus, I thought some of the extreme fundies were against anything unnatural (e.g. lube, condoms, etc) in the bedroom??

I am rather new here, too, but I think it is generally thought fine at FJ to "pull things up from four days ago". :my_smile: (Please somebody correct me if I should be wrong on this one.)

Thank you for sharing your experience! I agree with EmCatlyn - that was not being nice, that was being intrusive. Even if these people thought that you needed some info, why did not they just let your own parents give it to you? Sorry you had to go through this and glad you and your husband seem to have been able to take it rather lightly and with a sense of humour. :special-snowflake2:

Regarding fundies and the bedroom, it seems to me that they come in all forms and shapes and can, in fact, be pretty kinky - although at some points you might well discuss if this is still being kinky or just downright abusive, see here http://www.xojane.com/issues/christian-domestic-discipline or here surrendered.blog.com/being-a-good-submissive-wife/

(At the second one, incidentally, I was surprised to find our good ol´ familiar "umbrella of protection". Warning: if you choose to read that one, make sure you have the brain bleach ready...)

Oh, where is a good fundie when you need one-we went on a cruise for our honeymoon & had to buy a "marriage manual" on the ship. Maybe we just couldn't figure out how to have sex on those Pullman beds!:my_biggrin:

JB demonstrating how to kiss sent me for the brain bleach. Not fond of Benessa, but glad they made their first kiss private. Then the married couples kissed instead. If I remember correctly. Apparently the brain bleach wasn't too effective. :brainbleach:

JB demonstrating how to kiss sent me for the brain bleach. Not fond of Benessa, but glad they made their first kiss private. Then the married couples kissed instead. If I remember correctly. Apparently the brain bleach wasn't too effective. :brainbleach:

As much as I don't like them, I do give Jessa and Ben credit for that decision. I'm also fine with Jill and Derick not keeping their kiss private though. It's all about the couple doing what they feel is best for them and their specific circumstances. I'm glad they felt able to do that and their Pastor was open-minded enough to go with it.

Ben and Jessa's pastor was a bit odd. But I liked in that counseling session how he talked about how saving your first kiss is NOT in the bible. 

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived