IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Or it could be that it never crossed her mind that posting her pictures right after Amy got married would be a faux pas or create any ill will. Remember these people have no critical thinking skills. They were kept isolated and raised not to question or to try and figure things out for themselves so sometimes they act like savages in the wilderness, never exposed to social mores and cultural events. I honestly don't think Michelle gave one thought about the color of her dress-- she probably thought it was a perfectly appropriate dress and forgot entirely that wearing white to a wedding is frowned upon

They are dense people and thoughtless and ignorant but I honestly don't think they set out to be mean or cruel.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or it could be that it never crossed her mind that posting her pictures right after Amy got married would be a faux pas or create any ill will. Remember these people have no critical thinking skills. They were kept isolated and raised not to question or to try and figure things out for themselves so sometimes they act like savages in the wilderness, never exposed to social mores and cultural events. I honestly don't think Michelle gave one thought about the color of her dress-- she probably thought it was a perfectly appropriate dress and forgot entirely that wearing white to a wedding is frowned upon

They are dense people and thoughtless and ignorant but I honestly don't think they set out to be mean or cruel.

First time poster, long time lurker.

I can buy that Jessa maybe didn't know any better and was reminiscing about her own wedding. I can also totally buy that she is a mean girl and likes attention focused on her.

I don't buy that Michelle was unaware wearing white to a wedding is inappropriate. It's an old rule and she isn't young.

As much as I remind myself that Jessa is young and hasn't been taught many social graces from her parents, there is no excusing posting over one hundred photos of your wedding a few days after your cousin's wedding. What a biotch move. She knew exactly what she was doing. It was either a total slam at Amy because she thinks she was the one saying Jessa feels "bittersweet" or she's really missing the limelight.

I thought that maybe none of the Duggars were posting a congrats to cousin Amy on social media purposely so she could sell those photos to a magazine etc. but then I hear that there was a picture of Amy in her wedding dress on the Duggar official page congratulating her. I guess at least Jessa congratulated Amy on her wedding via Instagram. All Jill managed to do was to brag about her and Derrick grifting more money from naive people to go on an official "mission" to do nothing yet again. What a bunch of jerks.

However, after this d-bag move on Jessa's part, I won't ever feel sorry for Jessa again that Jim Dork let his precious Jilly Bean get married first even though Jessa was courting first and that Jilly Bean stole the spotlight with not only her wedding but with having the first baby. Or that Josh's first scandal stole her thunder with her pregnancy. Just wait, come November and Jessa and Ben's anniversary and her due date, something else is going to happen.

I have long tried to give Jessa the benefit of the doubt despite her whacked up views.

After all, she seems like a fairly smart person (as in, would have done well in something like business or law school if allowed a proper education) who has had her potential killed by her parents fundamentalism. And I've never criticised he for being the J Slave least interested in her sister-children because it should have never been her job to raise Jordyn and whichever of the Howlers were fobbed off onto her and made her problem by her lazy parents. It never felt fair to criticise her for being 'unmaternal' because she wasn't terribly interested in parenting children she never chose to have and should never have been her responsibility.

But what kind of entitled little princess can't stomach the thought of someone else getting attention on their own wedding day that she has to try and upstage them by turning the attention back to their wedding? It's almost like Jessa purposely sat on the pictures as a 'press release when attention isn't on you' backup plan. what a little brat.

You had your day Jessa Blessa and everyone cooed over you and your dress and your flowers and your pictures. Jill and Anna didn't make it all-about-them. This was Amy's day but you had to make it all about you, like the spoiled little princess you are. Ugh.

I hope Amy decides to dump her wedding pictures with all your siblings in them right after you give birth to Baby Seeweed. Fair's Fair.

(And for good measure....maybe Jana can steal your People cover with exclusive news of her courtship with Tim Tebow which is more like REAL dating.....)

Just would like to add that I have no objection to Jessa being Smuggar 2.0. No one is accusing her of abusive conduct or even adultery here, just being a smug asshole. And she is a grown ass adult and her actions are subject to criticism.

Jessa trying to upstage Famy just makes me think of middle school girl drama. When the sad thing is, her and her relationship with Bin make me think of something 13-17 year olds would do. Except now they're about to have a baby.

And to the above-I never thought Jessa was that good looking either. She just has striking features and uses way too much makeup.

I think Jessa is very pretty, but IMO Jana is the real beauty in the family.

Also, I am getting a little tired of jessa's fundie kardashian I have sexy lips selfies. That to me is the complete opposite of modest.

I think Jessa is very pretty, but IMO Jana is the real beauty in the family.

I agree.....although I think Joy has really started to become a beauty herself over the last couple of years as she finishes puberty.

But for a family that makes such......average looking boys, they sure do know how to make good looking girls. None of them are ugly. And they are even prettier now they have been allowed to stop the ugly GotHARD endorsed crunchy perms.

I agree.....although I think Joy has really started to become a beauty herself over the last couple of years as she finishes puberty.

But for a family that makes such......average looking boys, they sure do know how to make good looking girls. None of them are ugly. And they are even prettier now they have been allowed to stop the ugly GotHARD endorsed crunchy perms.

I remember one episode during their reign and it seemed like they did the perming out of sheer boredom between childcare and lavish trips.

I remember one episode during their reign and it seemed like they did the perming out of sheer boredom between childcare and lavish trips.

I think I remember them saying their dad liked the curly hair, which is why they permed it.

Have we ever seen Joy with a perm? I don't remember any episode where her hair was ever curly except for the one where they all got their hair and makeup done at a salon before Jill's wedding. And that trip didn't have any perming involved, just curling irons.

However, after this d-bag move on Jessa's part, I won't ever feel sorry for Jessa again that Jim Dork let his precious Jilly Bean get married first even though Jessa was courting first and that Jilly Bean stole the spotlight with not only her wedding but with having the first baby. Or that Josh's first scandal stole her thunder with her pregnancy. Just wait, come November and Jessa and Ben's anniversary and her due date, something else is going to happen.

I said this on the last thread--karma's a bitch for Jessa-just wait.

Jill will be announcing a pregnancy right around her due date!

Wait! Isn't the focus supposed to be on God on your wedding day? (Snark).

Poor Jessa. Met her beau first. Had to wait longer than her sister to get married. Lost her wedding thunder to her sister's baby announcement. Then Josh steals her pregnancy thunder not once, but twice! And she's still under daddy's thumb.

I believe Jessa's smart. She has a spark...a cute, but stupid husband with a great bod only goes so far to keep a girl's interest. Me thinks someone is trying to remind her of all the sparkly.

Have we ever seen Joy with a perm? I don't remember any episode where her hair was ever curly except for the one where they all got their hair and makeup done at a salon before Jill's wedding. And that trip didn't have any perming involved, just curling irons.

No, I'm pretty sure she's never permed it. By the time she was a teen the older girls had dropped the perm in favor of just curling it. Besides the salon, she had her hair curled in on of the 'lets photograph everybody' family shoots. The ones where they went with a purple and green theme, around 2011. Other than that she seems to like it straight and in ponytails.

Yes, I have always thought that, as well.

Jessa, I can't really call pretty though, because the last few years she has shown such an ugly personality.

If I were Jessa, I would be ashamed to upload all those photos. Not just for the obvious reason of trying to upstage Amy, but also for trying to draw attention to that pitiful excuse for a reception she had after her wedding. I'm sure Amy's bash was better-hosted and more fun overall.

Maybe Jessa was also bitter for that reason.

Couldn't she (Jessa) have thrown a better reception? Was there a reason she picked the parking lot over something more cozy, or the half-melted sundaes over other foods?

To me Jessa is the embodiment of The Rolling Stones song "She's So Cold".

No, I'm pretty sure she's never permed it. By the time she was a teen the older girls had dropped the perm in favor of just curling it. Besides the salon, she had her hair curled in on of the 'lets photograph everybody' family shoots. The ones where they went with a purple and green theme, around 2011. Other than that she seems to like it straight and in ponytails.

I assumed they moved away from the perms due to Gothard. It is clearly a Gothard fetish. And they occassionally vocalize that they don't "following" him. Can you imagine NOW. After accusations about Gothard, and now all this Josh business. Do you think that Mich has a clue that she was feeding the sicko's fetish?

well either Jessa or her parents are releasing even more photos

and now I am beginning to think Jessa is really PISSED or has no class

I go for the pissed

1. The photo's released is soooooo tacky.

2. Ben's parents tried to match the colors of the wedding, but WHY are j'chelle and boob in the brightest blue? It looks terrible! :wtf:

Couldn't she (Jessa) have thrown a better reception? Was there a reason she picked the parking lot over something more cozy, or the half-melted sundaes over other foods?

she wanted to save money for the honeymoon that she didn't pay for :D

:nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

She didn't give a damn about her guests is the best guess. I have honored you with a wedding invitation now give me gifts and don't expect anything more than ice cream enjoyed while standing in a parking lot on a chilly autumn day.

I'm guessing there is some serious tension between most of the Duggars and Mr. and Mrs. Famy right now. They probably wouldn't have attended the wedding but for the fact that they are still in the public eye. I'm still shocked they let the howlers gaze upon Amy's bosom.

I'm still shocked they let the howlers gaze upon Amy's bosom.

Should we start a guessing game as to how many times "Nike!" was heard that day? :lol:

I didn't get the impression Jessa cared about her guests or her bridal party. She seemed very cold in the planning of her Big Event. I really can't see her with 19 Kids and Counting and Counting and Counting.......

edit typo

I had my moments where I wondered about Sierra (the wedding coordinator) wanting to order outdoor heaters for Jessa's reception, and how it wasn't possible to get them. I thought, just briefly, that maybe Jim bob wasn't wanting to spend the money. That may have been part of it, but then I thought about how Jill's reception was much better by comparison, and how pretty much everything for that wedding was donated by the show, the wedding dress company, and the volunteers. I think Jim Bob maybe paid for the lemonade mix and a little of the food.

So with Jessa's reception, I don't think anyone was being tightfisted, I think she just didn't give a damn. As JenniferJuniper said, it was basically "Screw you, shut up and give me money and gifts."

Posting all those wedding pics now is obnoxious of jessa. Seems like we are seeing a worse side of her.

I have to admit I would love to see pictures from Amy's wedding of people drinking, dancing, laughing and having fun.

Archived