IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Yeah, when I see them doing something more helpful and meaningful beyond handing out bible tracts to Catholics and giving candy to kids, then I may believe they are on a mission to actually help people. So far it looks like a bit of a joke.

I know Derick worked in the field before, but I still think its likely this was all intended to be a side story for 19 Kids to supplement Jessa's pregnancy and Josiah's courtship. And I wonder if they are using funds donated to their "mission" to repeatedly fly back and forth to the States.

I think Derick the Grifter learned from the King of the Grifters JB Duggar

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a "big deal" both because of social media in general and because they're all "celebrities" who are trying to make money off their public lives. Weddings are always a big draw, so in that light, Jessa posting her wedding pictures on Amy's wedding day is most definitely a dick move.

Plus, on a personal level, I just find people obsessions with their weddings long after they happened to be kind of pathetic. I know people who've been married 5-10 years who still bring up their wedding on fb and regularly change their profile pictures to wedding pics.

Awww, as someone who always looks completely stupid in photos, my wedding photos are like the only ones where I'm smiling like a human! I haven't posted about my wedding pretty much since it happened but sometimes my profile pic is a wedding one as I look good in it! :lol:

Flying home at least three times since they left seems pretty high falutin to me. We really have not seen much of their home in Central America. I have a feeling it's a bit more comfortable that we'd expect. If they start posting real updates about being frugal and truly doing missions work once they get of the language school, I might change my mind.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with being rich and doing the things that that allows, in my opinion. Like flying all over the world and back and forth for very short unnecessary trips. But to do that, while begging for strangers to financially support you is gross! If they just admitted they had money and the lifestyle it affords, they'd be a lot more honest.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with being rich and doing the things that that allows, in my opinion. Like flying all over the world and back and forth for very short unnecessary trips. But to do that, while begging for strangers to financially support you is gross! If they just admitted they had money and the lifestyle it affords, they'd be a lot more honest.

Then they couldn't grift for money.

Awww, as someone who always looks completely stupid in photos, my wedding photos are like the only ones where I'm smiling like a human! I haven't posted about my wedding pretty much since it happened but sometimes my profile pic is a wedding one as I look good in it! :lol:

:lol: I hear you. I've had the same profile pic for almost 3 years now because I look damn good in it and cameras usually hate me.

Jessa should realize if you want attention especially public attention, there's going to be negative attention too. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Jessa is basically fundie Regina George. Usually I kind of like her for being kinda bitchy, because it so goes against the Keep Sweet bullshit that she's been told to uphold since childhood, but the wedding pictures move is a massive dick move. It's your cousin's day, not yours. Put off your attention whoring until next weekend at least, honey.

Is butter a carb...??

Just chiming in that while I would say Smuggar2.0 fits Jessa to a T, I don't think she posted those photos on her own. I reeks of JB and MEchelle's reasoning and publicity tactics. I think they were trying to subtly move Amys attention onto them and their children but I was thrilled to see their fans called them out on it.

That and their raggedy clothes choices. FFS, they didn't even have to buy any new clothes. They had much nicer in their closets and could have worn something fitting the ceremony. It just made them look like snide asses trying to make a statement on Amys day and not modest at all.

Sure, Amy tried ton itch her wagon to theirs, probably at the insistence of Gma Mary, but this was her wedding day. Try to act like the selfless, thoughtful christians you try to portray yourselves as, Duggars.

Flying home at least three times since they left seems pretty high falutin to me. We really have not seen much of their home in Central America. I have a feeling it's a bit more comfortable that we'd expect. If they start posting real updates about being frugal and truly doing missions work once they get of the language school, I might change my mind.

It's a proper house with electric stove, large bedroom, indoor plumbing, a living room...no, it's not the mansion they lived in before but there are people in my neighborhood with the same level of amenities.

I'm finding it amusing that the media has decided there is a photo of Benessa's hallowed first kiss in the wedding dump. Although I don't think either of the Seewalds has confirmed that the photo in question depicts the, er, Blessa-ed event, it tickles me to no end to think they had a photographer capture their private moment just in case they needed to go public with it for marketing purposes later on. :lol:

The quote in that, is that supposedly from someone or made up? The "She'll get hers" made me lol.

The quote usually is what the submitter said. Sounds like a friend of Amy's or something?

I'm finding it amusing that the media has decided there is a photo of Benessa's hallowed first kiss in the wedding dump. Although I don't think either of the Seewalds has confirmed that the photo in question depicts the, er, Blessa-ed event, it tickles me to no end to think they had a photographer capture their private moment just in case they needed to go public with it for marketing purposes later on. :lol:

Link to photo? I am way too lazy to look through 100+ photos. I tried the other day but only made it through about 10 and got bored.

Link to photo? I am way too lazy to look through 100+ photos. I tried the other day but only made it through about 10 and got bored.

More proof that these people are full of it (unless, of course the pic has been incorrectly labeled as the actual first kiss). I don't know who saw the ceremony, but supposedly this first kiss was so private that they didn't want anyone to see it. It was supposedly being done completely privately........except for the cameras I guess. Her surplus 100 wedding pics didn't have much new, but here's the stupid first kiss: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/09/08/jes ... irst-kiss/

More proof that these people are full of it (unless, of course the pic has been incorrectly labeled as the actual first kiss). I don't know who saw the ceremony, but supposedly this first kiss was so private that they didn't want anyone to see it. It was supposedly being done completely privately........except for the cameras I guess. Her surplus 100 wedding pics didn't have much new, but here's the stupid first kiss: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/09/08/jes ... irst-kiss/

That's phenomenal. That article straight-up says that their first kiss wasn't at the altar but WAS captured by a photographer. Oh, wow. :?

Here I am thinking Jessa valued some of her privacy and saved that kiss for a private moment...but maybe she was waiting to cash in? Wow! That is impressive...

That's phenomenal. That article straight-up says that their first kiss wasn't at the altar but WAS captured by a photographer. Oh, wow. :?

Here I am thinking Jessa valued some of her privacy and saved that kiss for a private moment...but maybe she was waiting to cash in? Wow! That is impressive...

I don't believe for a second that picture is from their "First First kiss" I think it's just a picture of them kissing after the fact

Jessa has stated over and over again - that their "First Kiss" no one would see (yes - she lies - ) but why would say that and post endless photos including that one

I am in the camp it's a just kiss picture - not "THE" first kiss picture

That's extremely screwed up, obviously, to deny education to your daughters then marry them off only to keep control by owning their homes. At least Jill's husband was an accountant, shouldn't have quit his job! As for Jessa, unless she pulls a magic trick things are going to get miserable real quick after the baby is born and they really have no money. Teenage boys don't get high paying jobs unless they are extra special snowflakes and Ben is not. I guess Jessa could go to cosmetology school if she is allowed. Or maybe an interior decorator. But the smug is going to have to end. :lol:

Yep. The photo dump was totally showing up Amys wedding. For both reasons you mentioned. I can see them dragging out the photos of Jessas wedding to teach the little ones that this is how it's done...and then they think their followers needed a lesson too, just like they need those great recipes for tater tot casserole.

I don't think they are mad at Jill and Derrick but I think JimBob is super uneasy having them so far away where he cannot translate reality into JimBob logic for them. What if they form some of their own thoughts? What if it isn't IBLP approved? And I agree, the houses are definitely a way to keep control, not a gift. If it's true what MEchelle says, and we never know, that they only do it for a few years, it certainly seems like a "bait n switch" scenario where the kids have it too easy and think having all these kids is a breeze...oh shit, what's this, rent? A mortgage?

I wouldn't be surprised if they never stop paying rent for the kids following their teachings though. Gotta have lots of baybeeeeeeeez, sweet babies, precious babies...

I don't believe for a second that picture is from their "First First kiss" I think it's just a picture of them kissing after the fact

Jessa has stated over and over again - that their "First Kiss" no one would see (yes - she lies - ) but why would say that and post endless photos including that one

I am in the camp it's a just kiss picture - not "THE" first kiss picture

I actually think it might be the actual "First Kiss"...or at least one of their very first kisses. It's in the back (or front?) part the church where Ben and Jessa ran immediately after they were pronounced married. Despite her obvious judgmentalness/self-obsession, I've always thought Jessa was one of the most intelligent Duggars. She seems to acknowledge that her parents are kind of nuts, and I think she's savvy enough to realize that she and Ben are going to need an income. It wouldn't surprise me if she planned ahead to sell her "First Kiss" photo when she needed the money/attention.

I actually think it might be the actual "First Kiss"...or at least one of their very first kisses. It's in the back (or front?) part the church where Ben and Jessa ran immediately after they were pronounced married. Despite her obvious judgmentalness/self-obsession, I've always thought Jessa was one of the most intelligent Duggars. She seems to acknowledge that her parents are kind of nuts, and I think she's savvy enough to realize that she and Ben are going to need an income. It wouldn't surprise me if she planned ahead to sell her "First Kiss" photo when she needed the money/attention.

I hate that we live in a culture where there could well be a market for this. Such a squick factor - it's not about purity at all...it's about fetishizing virginity and that her parents helped market that for all of them is really gross.

Everyone was a virgin at some point. The majority of us have our first kiss and lose our virginity somewhere along the way. However, most of us don't do both on the same night. :roll:

How can anyone really that interested in the first kiss of two people who've been married for months and are expecting a baby? Is this the fundy version of a sex tape?

Granted were from a bygone era, but my lapsed Catholic dad and I had a much different attitude towards sex. He just assumed I'd never have any as I assumed my siblings and I were left on the porch by angels. It was a beautiful system.

this was part of a dump - so how is she selling it - it wasn't even in her dump - it was in the Photographer's dump

I hate that we live in a culture where there could well be a market for this. Such a squick factor - it's not about purity at all...it's about fetishizing virginity and that her parents helped market that for all of them is really gross.

Everyone was a virgin at some point. The majority of us have our first kiss and lose our virginity somewhere along the way. However, most of us don't do both on the same night. :roll:

How can anyone really that interested in the first kiss of two people who've been married for months and are expecting a baby? Is this the fundy version of a sex tape?

Granted were from a bygone era, but my lapsed Catholic dad and I had a much different attitude towards sex. He just assumed I'd never have any as I assumed my siblings and I were left on the porch by angels. It was a beautiful system.

that made me laugh - their version of a fundy sex tape :D

is showing pictures HA

Oh my gosh Her Name Is Buffy, I Love what you wrote about your dad and both your assumptions! Permission to swipe, poach and otherwise use it for my own? Changing the denomination from Catholic to Lutheran, of course!

ETA: Also love "fundy version of a sex tape"!!!!!

"Fundy version of a sex tape"

^this is why I always laughed at people who said shit like "America needs more families like the duggars and less like the kardashians" bc while they may have different outside trappings, in essentials they're pretty much the same sleazy bullshit. One is just cloaked in "Christianity."

"Fundy version of a sex tape"

^this is why I always laughed at people who said shit like "America needs more families like the duggars and less like the kardashians" bc while they may have different outside trappings, in essentials they're pretty much the same sleazy bullshit. One is just cloaked in "Christianity."

They both have a crapload of kids with names that start with the same letter

They both sell sex (in different ways)

They both have one family member that thikn he is some kind of god (Kanye=Jim Bob?)

they both like to market their shit. And think they can do no wrong

Archived