IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Plus, on a personal level, I just find people obsessions with their weddings long after they happened to be kind of pathetic. I know people who've been married 5-10 years who still bring up their wedding on fb and regularly change their profile pictures to wedding pics.

I can understand a post about it on a wedding anniversary, but other than that, I agree it's a bit pathetic and is like middle aged men still clinging to their high school quarterback days. Time to get it go at some point.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a "big deal" both because of social media in general and because they're all "celebrities" who are trying to make money off their public lives. Weddings are always a big draw, so in that light, Jessa posting her wedding pictures on Amy's wedding day is most definitely a dick move.

Plus, on a personal level, I just find people obsessions with their weddings long after they happened to be kind of pathetic. I know people who've been married 5-10 years who still bring up their wedding on fb and regularly change their profile pictures to wedding pics.

I can see your point but i don't think that if it happened here it was a big deal. I can't really explain why not.

Posting your wedding pics is not my kind of thing, but hell i am divorced. I have been posting a baby picture of my son who was turning 18 and i really did not check if i was interfering with somebody else.

I think it is cultural thing that i don't understand (Sorry!)

Am I the only one who constantly thinks he's high?

I doubt he is, but I almost wouldn't blame him if he were. Putting up with Jessa Bitcha can't be easy.

I can see your point but i don't think that if it happened here it was a big deal. I can't really explain why not.

Posting your wedding pics is not my kind of thing, but hell i am divorced. I have been posting a baby picture of my son who was turning 18 and i really did not check if i was interfering with somebody else.

Probably. Weddings have become this super big deal for a lot of people here. Did you have the show "Bridezillas" where you are? All about these brides obsessed with the most minute details of their "big day" to the point of driving everyone around them nuts. You can see a bit of that in "Say Yes to the Dress." I agree with you about the general importance of this stuff (it's really not important), but in this specific context, Jessa's move cannot have been at all innocent.

Hmm. . . I think the issues are these:

1. The sheer number of pictures they posted. A few pictures would have been fine - but 100 pictures posted right after your cousin's wedding and more than 10 months after your wedding happened? It just makes it look like they're desperate for attention.

2. The fact that they chose to release the pictures right after Amy's wedding. They could have waited a bit and let Amy have a moment in the spotlight - but they didn't I'm just glad they didn't post them the same day.

So basically, for me, the big issue is the sheer number of pictures posted in close proximity to Amy's wedding. If they had posted them at least a week or two earlier or later I probably wouldn't see an issue - or if they had posted just a few pictures when they did (especially if some of the pictures chosen included Amy.) Posting 100 pictures right after Amy's wedding just seems as if they're trying to draw attention back to the "main" members of the family. This wedding is the first actual good news they've had since the second scandal broke and its entirely possible they decided to try and capitalize on it to redirect attention to them - or they really are just completely clueless as to how it might appear to the general public.

(P.S. I have no issue with people posting baby pictures or wedding pictures from a long time ago. I do think it's a bit tactless to post an entire album of photos that close to a family member's wedding though.)

Does that make sense at all?

I think it depends on the context/person?

I do have some people on Facebook who seem to view their wedding as the peak of their life and still go on about it 5 years later because can't let go of the 'greatest day of their life' and move on. That I find a bit pathetic.

The occasional #tbt of a wedding pic or wishing a bridesmaid a Happy Birthday using an old wedding pic or an anniversary post is one thing, but some women are just.....obsessed with their wedding day to the point it's ridic.

Not only did BinJessa lose a source of income, they lost "status". In actuality, they were humiliated in the public media.....crazed parents, cult, child-molester-adulterer brother. I think this might have been pretty stressful. They lost a lot. They did not create the show, they just enjoyed it.

And I don't see Jessa as a particularlly compassionate individual. So, the final thing is that she is stressed/unhappy in varying degrees. And not being particularly mature, she dumped these pictures to bring the attention back to herself. Not that hard to understand, really.

Not only did BinJessa lose a source of income, they lost "status". In actuality, they were humiliated in the public media.....crazed parents, cult, child-molester-adulterer brother. I think this might have been pretty stressful. They lost a lot. They did not create the show, they just enjoyed it.

And I don't see Jessa as a particularlly compassionate individual. So, the final thing is that she is stressed/unhappy in varying degrees. And not being particularly mature, she dumped these pictures to bring the attention back to herself. Not that hard to understand, really.

Let us not forget that she is also pregnant. I don't think I am alone in having been a little less rational and more self-centered than usual during my pregnancies. Add the pregnancy hormones to the stress since Joshgate 1, whatever anxieties were stirred by reliving the molestation, her concern about her future, her anger at losing the limelight etc... Maybe we should be glad she is only being passive aggressive. :wink-kitty:

Maybe we should be glad she is only being passive aggressive. :wink-kitty:

I for one am VERY glad to watch this passive aggressiveness. It's highly entertaining! :popcorn2:

I also find it curious that they released Jessa's wedding pix (oh yeah, and Bin's, too) on the family page. I'm inclined to think that the family (ie, JB & M) have ass-backward and misguided perceptions of reality and thought that doing so was appropriate. They still want attention and money; they were probably saving those Binessa shots for a later reveal, but have finally noticed that no one cares enough to pay. So perhaps they're trying to pique public interest again.

Simultaneously, Amy has publicly supported Anna, and Mr. Famy has rather loudly proclaimed his own thoughts on the matter... Jessa had a second away from the family line, but Bin and his parents seem pretty anti-Josh. JB & M got Jessa back in line pretty quickly, but Amy has never had to follow their rules.

I find the whole thing fascinating, but I also think that Jessa was less involved in the photo dump than her parents were. The idiotic timing makes me think JB was behind it -- like, "Uh, hey guys! I got somethin' to tell you real quick. We're losin' popularity, but everyone's payin' attention to Amy's wedding now! Why don't we remind them about our kids and our weddings? Sounds great, right? Jessa, how 'bout you and Bin go get some pictures from your wedding? We'll post them on our family site."

I mean, to JB, kids are currency. One semi-famous pretty niece is getting married, so why not try to one-up her with a pretty daughter who was on the cover of People?

*snip*

The idiotic timing makes me think JB was behind it -- like, "Uh, hey guys! I got somethin' to tell you real quick. We're losing popularity, but everyone's paying attention to Amy's wedding now! Why don't we remind them about our kids and our weddings? Sounds great, right? Jessa, why don't you and Bin go get some pictures from your wedding? We'll post them on our family site."

I mean, to JB, kids are currency. One semi-famous pretty niece is getting married, so why not try to one-up her with a pretty daughter who was on the cover of People?

OMG, your JimBob impersonation is killing me. It is so spot on. Dying!

OMG, your JimBob impersonation is killing me. It is so spot on. Dying!

Thanks! I tried. I did decide to edit two words, though. THIS is why I shouldn't get bored at work. :lol:

ETA: and remove a few g's. :)

Sorry if this was mentioned and i missed it but could JB/Jessa have been trying to shop-out the never seen before wedding photos and nobody was willing to buy them? Then the Famy wedding got coverage so they decided to dump them and divert attention?

God, I'm going to be laughing at "Uh, hey guys! I got something to tell you real quick." all friggin' day. I so, so badly want to incorporate this into the WHAT ARE THOOOOSE! meme.

I found the conversation you're talking about on Youtube:

Jill: I would marry you any day.

Derick: Well, let's do it today.

Jill: C'mon (Laughing) . . . Probably wouldn't be the best testimony...

Derick: Yeah, probably not...

Jill: . . . We could! (Giggling)

Maybe someone else remembers where to find an instance of her specifically saying the word "elope" but I wouldn't even know where to start.

For bonus lolz watch Josh give the newly engaged couple relationship advice at the end. :?

I think the difference is that Jill and Derick were joking, while Jessa seemed totally serious with Jim Bob.

"What would you do if I didn't let you get married?"

"Elope."

No smile, no laughter (that I remember).

Also, Jessa didn't seem all that interested in the wedding planning. Things were either done because they were cheap and she didn't care (reusing Jill's decorations, reception in a parking lot on a cold day, etc) or because it was what she wanted (just ice cream sundaes. Even the Bateses put out cold cuts). Her registry was ridiculously extravagant (ergo, gifts), and the sex part...well, that seems obvious.

I am definitely not Jessa's biggest fan. Honestly, I really can't stand her. In a non IBLP/AFI family, much of her personality would be tolerated and it would be, oh that's just Jessa. I'm sure sometimes she would be called out for over the top behavior and maybe some things would not happen. But, in the framework of "keep sweet", Jim Bob and Ben being her headship, and J.O.Y., she is somewhat of the rebel. She is very much like Josh was before the whole Joshgate 1.0 was revealed, he had a very grating, demeaning personality and unfortunately that is how some people are wired. She is going to run things her way, as much as she can under the rules she is told to live by.

I also think it will be interesting to see how she is once the baby is here.

This. Totally agreed.

Pretty soon, I could see Jessa posting super cute IG photos of her baby...... People getting all batsh!t excited about him/her- lots of replies and attention.....

>>>>1 hour elapses<<<<

Jessa posts 100 photos of herself as a baby/child :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes to this!

Again: Agreed. But I think the "ungodly" dress and weeding has to be added.

I fear they/Jessa might have actually thought that they could steal Amys Spotlight since everybody would be so much more interestesd in 100 never-bevore-seen-Pictures of Jessas weeding A YEAR AGO.... :cray-cray:

I love the comments on their FB: Even the leghumpers make it clear, that you can not post 100 old weeding pics of Jessa the day after Amys weeding. I would love to see the look on their faces when reading the comments since they are mostly from their fans (not evil atheists).

I also think they underestimated that People/their fans are really interested in Amy Dugger (despite of the Dress, the dancing ect).

A quick way to break a "I'm going to post my wedding pictures over and over years after my wedding" on Facebook? Lose a good amount of weight. Well, if this is a healthy option for you. If not, well, I'm giving you a 5 years max time frame to get it out of your system. It should wear off by then. I was all "omghrd, I'm married, weeeeeeee!" for at least two years. The outward "hey, look at me!" started to totally decline from then on. Then I lost a good deal of weight. Well, that put an end to putting the wedding pictures up anywhere. They used to be a "wow, my aunt made me look so much better than how I felt!" or "damn, I don't look half bad." But then they became after photos and I realized I was a hot mess at that point in my life. (That doesn't change how I feel about my wedding day. We all change. We all keep moving forward. This is why posting pictures 5-10+ years on repeat isn't healthy.)

I also find it curious that they released Jessa's wedding pix (oh yeah, and Bin's, too) on the family page. I'm inclined to think that the family (ie, JB & M) have ass-backward and misguided perceptions of reality and thought that doing so was appropriate.

Oh, man, I'm a ninny. I somehow failed to realize that the pics were posted on the Seewald family page, not just on the family FB page. Beg you pardon.

I've been trying to cut back on coffee, but I'm not sure why. :roll: Clearly I need copious quantities of caffeine.

Oh, man, I'm a ninny. I somehow failed to realize that the pics were posted on the Seewald family page, not just on the family FB page. Beg you pardon.

I've been trying to cut back on coffee, but I'm not sure why. :roll: Clearly I need copious quantities of caffeine.

But actually it is strange that the have the Pictures on the Family FB and the Seewald blog. Why not Jessas own sites?

So Jim Bob and Michelle beat J.O.Y into their oldest kids at the tip of a plumbing line, and still can't get basic manners out of them, much less actually have the kids give a passing thought to the feelings of others

That Blessa Wedding Picture Dump was revolting. No one, and I mean no one, wants to view 100 more pictures of someone else's wedding months after the fact. You can get away with 2-3 pictures on your anniversary. There ends most people's tolerance. You certainly don't dump 100 pictures of your wedding the weekend another family member gets married. You have your turn being the center of attention on your wedding day. After that, be GRACIOUS, and allow someone else their turn. :disgust:

Poor Jessa! Does she live in a bubble where she thinks that her fans are avid to see more photos of her wedding? I can understand 2 or 3 new photos that are very striking or show unseen-until-now interactions, but honestly even family members wouldn't be interested enough to look through 100 photos. The only people who would be that interested would be Jessa and Bin. So either she is vain or completely deluded.

Hmm. . . I think the issues are these:

1. The sheer number of pictures they posted. A few pictures would have been fine - but 100 pictures posted right after your cousin's wedding and more than 10 months after your wedding happened? It just makes it look like they're desperate for attention.

2. The fact that they chose to release the pictures right after Amy's wedding. They could have waited a bit and let Amy have a moment in the spotlight - but they didn't I'm just glad they didn't post them the same day.

So basically, for me, the big issue is the sheer number of pictures posted in close proximity to Amy's wedding. If they had posted them at least a week or two earlier or later I probably wouldn't see an issue - or if they had posted just a few pictures when they did (especially if some of the pictures chosen included Amy.) Posting 100 pictures right after Amy's wedding just seems as if they're trying to draw attention back to the "main" members of the family. This wedding is the first actual good news they've had since the second scandal broke and its entirely possible they decided to try and capitalize on it to redirect attention to them - or they really are just completely clueless as to how it might appear to the general public.

(P.S. I have no issue with people posting baby pictures or wedding pictures from a long time ago. I do think it's a bit tactless to post an entire album of photos that close to a family member's wedding though.)

Does that make sense at all?

it's not even all the pictures from the wedding that she posted - because the photographer posted even more on her site and separated them via rehearsal, wedding blah blah - they must have hundreds even more from people there.

but again Jessa posting them days after Amy's wedding when four days prior she prattles on about engagement days and wedding days - she could have posted them in less two months -- something is up

Poor Jessa! Does she live in a bubble where she thinks that her fans are avid to see more photos of her wedding? I can understand 2 or 3 new photos that are very striking or show unseen-until-now interactions, but honestly even family members wouldn't be interested enough to look through 100 photos. The only people who would be that interested would be Jessa and Bin. So either she is vain or completely deluded.

that is exactly what I said, too. I think there would have been NOTHING wrong with a "oh, Amy's wedding made me remember my own." with one picture of the ceremony and maybe a second of the whole family together. I wouldn't have even stopped to think it was to intentionally steal spotlight or attention. It would have seemed like a spur of the moment thing. But 100 is very in your face, don't you forget about me.

Archived