IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

That was Michelle pulling a Kanye.

"Amy, I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish but Jessa had the best Jesus filled wedding of all time......one of the best of all time!"

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed they moved away from the perms due to Gothard. It is clearly a Gothard fetish. And they occassionally vocalize that they don't "following" him. Can you imagine NOW. After accusations about Gothard, and now all this Josh business. Do you think that Mich has a clue that she was feeding the sicko's fetish?

Although all of Gothard's rules are bizarre and stupid, I will never understand how so many women could buy into the "wavy curls are the most Biblical hairstyle" rule. It just screams out "Gothard fetish," but to be interested in Gothardism at all required throwing out any semblance of critical or rational thinking.

First time poster, long time lurker.

I can buy that Jessa maybe didn't know any better and was reminiscing about her own wedding. I can also totally buy that she is a mean girl and likes attention focused on her.

I don't buy that Michelle was unaware wearing white to a wedding is inappropriate. It's an old rule and she isn't young.

I think its distasteful. It's an old tradition and IMO MEchelle wanted some attention on her.

Couldn't she (Jessa) have thrown a better reception? Was there a reason she picked the parking lot over something more cozy, or the half-melted sundaes over other foods?

Jessa mentioned eloping once or twice. I get the feeling she wasn't interested in actually having a wedding. So, the whole thing was half-assed because Jessa was in it for the presents and the sex.

Jill also mentioned eloping. Was she just in it for the presents and the sex too?

When did Jill ever mention eloping? I remember Derick mentioning getting married immediately (jokingly) in the engagement epi and Jill quickly responding that such would make a bad testimony.

If you could provide a link for Jill mentioning eloping, thanks.

This is why Jessa is one of the Duggars I want to see break away the most. Not because I like her the most, but because if she does it will definitely be a spectacle.

She would jump on the chance to write a tell all, and with how much she likes to be popular on social media she might even become very vocal about being anti fundamentalism.

I mean she would still act pretty bratty I'm sure, but it would be worth it for how much attention she would be willing to draw to the issues.

This is why Jessa is one of the Duggars I want to see break away the most. Not because I like her the most, but because if she does it will definitely be a spectacle.

She would jump on the chance to write a tell all, and with how much she likes to be popular on social media she might even become very vocal about being anti fundamentalism.

I mean she would still act pretty bratty I'm sure, but it would be worth it for how much attention she would be willing to draw to the issues.

She's definitely not like any of her sisters. And I agree with those who say that she shares some of Smuggar's qualities.

I wasn't sure if she was really that upset over the lack of attention, but the photo bombing seems to confirm that she's not handling things well. I'd almost feel sorry for Bin if he wasn't such a tool himself.

But I agree, she's the one to watch because I think she feels she's lost the most. I can't see her happily settling down to a life of domesticity now and it wouldn't shock me if the whole marriage and baby thing was mostly a way to further her "career", even if she's not fully conscious of her own motivations.

If she resents Josh for taking it all away (even though there was nothing really "there" in the first place) I can see it festering and possibly coming out in some unexpected ways with Jessa. Where are you, popcorn smilie?

When did Jill ever mention eloping? I remember Derick mentioning getting married immediately (jokingly) in the engagement epi and Jill quickly responding that such would make a bad testimony.

If you could provide a link for Jill mentioning eloping, thanks.

I found the conversation you're talking about on Youtube:

Jill: I would marry you any day.

Derick: Well, let's do it today.

Jill: C'mon (Laughing) . . . Probably wouldn't be the best testimony...

Derick: Yeah, probably not...

Jill: . . . We could! (Giggling)

Maybe someone else remembers where to find an instance of her specifically saying the word "elope" but I wouldn't even know where to start.

For bonus lolz watch Josh give the newly engaged couple relationship advice at the end. :?

I thought ya'll were kidding about the new photos. No way someone would be that petty and attention seeking, right? Oops, forgot this is the Duggars and Jessa! :angry-banghead:

"We all had such a wonderful time at Amy's wedding. All of this excitement has caused Jessa to pull out her pictures from her wedding and post 100 of them on her website"

ha they don't care about Amy at all, they aren't even trying with this statement :dance:

In a few of the photos from Amy's wedding Jessa looks like she had been crying about something. I wonder if indeed she was crying, was it over jealousy? Or maybe just general life problems..

Her face did look red around the eyes and nose though.

Add to that quote, the informercial-ish: Check out her album here which includes many never before seen pictures. :angry-banghead: OMG! Never been seen pictures, y'all!

They were the photos held back for the Binessa Baby Six Grandduggars and Counting TLC shitravaganza. Which are no longer required. Darn.

I have to wonder how much of Jessa's recent unDuggarly support of Josh is due to her new headship...? Not that Bin is much of a thinker, but maybe he's being influenced away from the Duggars by his Daddy? Since Michael Seewald was early to turn against Josh, maybe he's trying to grab the opportunity to help steer Bin in his ambition to be a minister, positioning them to be the new and improved (REAL AND FOR TRUE!) powerhouse fundie family, complete with a televangelical tv show?

In a few of the photos from Amy's wedding Jessa looks like she had been crying about something. I wonder if indeed she was crying, was it over jealousy? Or maybe just general life problems..

I have to wonder how much of Jessa's recent unDuggarly support of Josh is due to her new headship...? Not that Bin is much of a thinker, but maybe he's being influenced away from the Duggars by his Daddy? Since Michael Seewald was early to turn against Josh, maybe he's trying to grab the opportunity to help steer Bin in his ambition to be a minister, positioning them to be the new and improved (REAL AND FOR TRUE!) powerhouse fundie family, complete with a televangelical tv show?

Ok, Imma just say that Ben is a ding dong. Jessa is just ignorant. I could easily see her being the real headship in that marriage.

I've always said JessaPrincessa wears the pants in that marriage.

Bin Bob is whipped. JessaPrincessa says 'jump' and Bin Bob says 'how high baby?'.

Exactly, especially now that she's giving it to him. I think it's safe to say he's letting her call the shots even more than before now that they're "doing the missionary."

Might just be allergies....

She reminds me of the 15 year old cheerleaders at any high school. A beautiful brat who always throws a fit to get her way and it works. She trash talks--all in the name of keeping them from sinning of course! It is so about HER.

Maybe it is a cultural difference but i don't understand the problem with putting your own wedding pictures on your own instagram or what ever because 4 days ago jessa stated this:

Last month on August 14th, we celebrated our engagement anniversary. This month, September 11th, marks two years since we went on our first date! And our 1-year wedding anniversary is just around the corner

She didn't put her wedding pictures on the facebook of amy or something like that.

I could not care less if my cousin would put on photo's on her own instagram, twitter or facebook because she was thinking about her own life.

Why must there be so much behind this, am i missing something here?

Maybe it is a cultural difference but i don't understand the problem with putting your own wedding pictures on your own instagram or what ever because 4 days ago jessa stated this:

Last month on August 14th, we celebrated our engagement anniversary. This month, September 11th, marks two years since we went on our first date! And our 1-year wedding anniversary is just around the corner

She didn't put her wedding pictures on the facebook of amy or something like that.

I could not care less if my cousin would put on photo's on her own instagram, twitter or facebook because she was thinking about her own life.

Why must there be so much behind this, am i missing something here?

I think it's a "big deal" both because of social media in general and because they're all "celebrities" who are trying to make money off their public lives. Weddings are always a big draw, so in that light, Jessa posting her wedding pictures on Amy's wedding day is most definitely a dick move.

Plus, on a personal level, I just find people obsessions with their weddings long after they happened to be kind of pathetic. I know people who've been married 5-10 years who still bring up their wedding on fb and regularly change their profile pictures to wedding pics.

Archived