IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Did anyone look at the pictures? it's fairly amusing and telling that nobody is posting any of them. That proves the point nobody's interested. Funny because we (haters and leghumpers) get so obsessed right before and during the weddings.

I always hesitate to comment on people's motivations. I think the combination of:

-huge family living in relative seclusion under umbrella of an absurd cult

-deliberate isolation from all things secular while simultaneously attempting to appeal to a secular audience (and then being forced to pretend they are unaware of anything secular)

-being on tv for ten years

-the rapid rise of social media's involvement in our lives

....would fuck up my idea of what's "appropriate"....

Usually I look at the behavior of the adult Duggars with this in the back of my mind. I'm empathetic to a fault.

It is really, really hard to think Jessa had zero awareness of how that photo dump would come across.

I can't imagine any pr person wanting to take them on right now. What a nightmare.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or is it about Michelle? (wearing the white dress)

Could be either. But I think what Jessa did was far more obvious and obnoxious. Maybe Michelle's dress looked more off-white in person....

Yes, I think Jessa was way worse. I don't see what the big deal about Michelle is, no matter the rule about wearing white to a wedding. Her dress was in no way "bridal," and no one could possible look at her and see someone trying to upstage anyone.

I could see this blind being about either Jessa or Michelle. Do we know who really posted the one hundred photos of Jessa and Ben's wedding, it was on the Duggar Family Official Facebook right? Is that run by Jim or Michelle, I imagine Jessa isn't in charge of that? I only saw the one wedding photo Jessa posted on her Instagram. Maybe I was too harsh on Jessa and it was really her parents who posted all the pictures? I will say in Jessa's defense she was the only one who posted a genuine congrats to Amy and Dillon on Instagram, Jill still hasn't and understandably Anna hasn't.

The blind could also be about one of the Kardashians because they're always trying to one up each other.

Side note, I see a strong resemblance between Jessa and her aunt Deanna Duggar (Amy's mom) and in the huge family photo of the Duggars at Amy's wedding the fans are fighting over whether or not Jill looks pregnant in the photo and their fighting amused me.

Yes, I think Jessa was way worse. I don't see what the big deal about Michelle is, no matter the rule about wearing white to a wedding. Her dress was in no way "bridal," and no one could possible look at her and see someone trying to upstage anyone.

I think it's about Michelle, because Jessa didn't show up to the wedding in a white dress. And also, i find it weird that the pictures went up on the family Facebook, where Michelle and Jim Bob are the ones who run it. I think if Jessa truly wanted all of the attention, it would have gone on her Facebook. And she was the only one to congratulate Amy. ..

It's gotta be about one of the girls (likely Jessa) because it says "One of her sisters is watching our girl closely to see what happens in the next couple of weeks." and the article was written on friday before Amy's wedding.

That sister is likely Jill, "If her sister’s strategy worked and she starts getting paid work, expect her to make a rebellious move as well in the near future." Missionaries make no money and I do not consider donations for their charity paid work. It's charity!

It's probably regarding the post in which Jessa turned her back on Josh, but that post was then taken down, "Of course the move was met by opposition from family members, and she was reprimanded immediately for her actions."

Of course this one rebelling is going to end up being one upping each other causing further jealousy.

I do not think the other sister is Jana. She has shown no rebellious behavior and is no position to leave, unlike Jill who is married and has more of a chance than any of them to "get out" because her husband wasn't raised the way they were, he's seen "normal" and only converted in college.

You know, I wonder what it must be like growing up in a super big family where you are are unlucky enough to one of the group of older girls who are put to work raising the rest of the kids, running the house, running the home school program, doing all the cooking and cleaning, and being force fed crazy religious doctrine day and night. What must it be like when your own mother can barely muster any thing more than "She is really organized and good at Packing" when she tries to describe you?

And then, by the fate of biology, you come through puberty and enter young adulthood as a very pretty woman, and suddenly you start to get some individual attention.

Then you sort of become the Favorite Kid in the social media's eye and you marry the 'hunky" man child.

And now you are getting all kinds of attention. People want to hear from you, invite you to speak at their conferences or on the radio.

I imagine for someone who grew up with little attention from her parents, mired in an ever growing crowd of kids, getting some attention must feel pretty intoxicating.

I guess my point is, that Jessa is an immature young woman from an extremely dysfunctional family. She was a victim of sexual abuse and was forced to forgive and forget. Her childhood was sold out to the TV show, and stolen from her as she was given a crew of buddies to raise.

It isn't surprising that once she got a taste or attention focused on her, that she would grow to enjoy it. I think she probably has a love hate relationship with fame and that is why she comes across smug or annoyed at times and yet, I think she probably not only enjoys the financial security it gave her, but it probably met some unmet needs of hers in terms of being seen as an individual.

Jessa is a blind gossip again lol

blindgossip.com/?p=73657

The quote in that, is that supposedly from someone or made up? The "She'll get hers" made me lol.

Can we change Jessa's name to Smuguessa?

Photo #49 of the Smugwaldessa wedding is essentially a crotch shot of all the groomsmen.

So Jim Bob and Michelle beat J.O.Y into their oldest kids at the tip of a plumbing line, and still can't get basic manners out of them, much less actually have the kids give a passing thought to the feelings of others

That Blessa Wedding Picture Dump was revolting. No one, and I mean no one, wants to view 100 more pictures of someone else's wedding months after the fact. You can get away with 2-3 pictures on your anniversary. There ends most people's tolerance. You certainly don't dump 100 pictures of your wedding the weekend another family member gets married. You have your turn being the center of attention on your wedding day. After that, be GRACIOUS, and allow someone else their turn. :disgust:

I enjoyed all the pictures - plus the ones on other sites :D

but that's me :D

as for jessa being gracious - HA - gracious is not a word i would use for Jessa Seewald

Oh, God, it's hard to figure out who's the bigger bitch here - Jessa, Michelle or Jim Bob. It reminds me of the Jessa and Ben honeymoon kissing shot, which Michelle and Jim Bob had to emulate... :disgust:

Oh, God, it's hard to figure out who's the bigger bitch here - Jessa, Michelle or Jim Bob. It reminds me of the Jessa and Ben honeymoon kissing shot, which Michelle and Jim Bob had to emulate... :disgust:

Oh god that was probably one of their most cringe-worthy moments.

Yeah, this is the only explanation that makes sense to me, iffin' Jessa Smugga is capable of grasping that it's unChristian (along with bitchin' bad mannered selfish) to photo bomb your first (and seemingly only) cousin's wedding afterglow.

Or maybe Jessa Smugga is thinking that we're all starved for Duggar wedding photos and that she's tossing us a few wedding biscuits to tide us over until Amy is able to serve up her wedding bolus?

Or maybe she's trying to give the paps and tabloids something 'positive' to focus on and write about, instead of Anna, and instead of reform Bible school Josh?

Silly rabbits...it's for the AD REVENUE. The Seewald family blog website thing has ads running on the side and bottom! Jessa has learned she needs to strike while the iron is hot. theseewaldfamily.com/wedding-photos I broke the link because...don't click!

:angry-nono: Every time you do, you're giving them money.

You know, I wonder what it must be like growing up in a super big family where you are are unlucky enough to one of the group of older girls who are put to work raising the rest of the kids, running the house, running the home school program, doing all the cooking and cleaning, and being force fed crazy religious doctrine day and night. What must it be like when your own mother can barely muster any thing more than "She is really organized and good at Packing" when she tries to describe you?

And then, by the fate of biology, you come through puberty and enter young adulthood as a very pretty woman, and suddenly you start to get some individual attention.

Then you sort of become the Favorite Kid in the social media's eye and you marry the 'hunky" man child.

And now you are getting all kinds of attention. People want to hear from you, invite you to speak at their conferences or on the radio.

I imagine for someone who grew up with little attention from her parents, mired in an ever growing crowd of kids, getting some attention must feel pretty intoxicating.

I guess my point is, that Jessa is an immature young woman from an extremely dysfunctional family. She was a victim of sexual abuse and was forced to forgive and forget. Her childhood was sold out to the TV show, and stolen from her as she was given a crew of buddies to raise.

It isn't surprising that once she got a taste or attention focused on her, that she would grow to enjoy it. I think she probably has a love hate relationship with fame and that is why she comes across smug or annoyed at times and yet, I think she probably not only enjoys the financial security it gave her, but it probably met some unmet needs of hers in terms of being seen as an individual.

I think you're absolutely right.

I think Jessa's upbringing might have messed her up a bit more than some people (or maybe just me) previously realized. The first thing that really struck me was doing the Megyn Kelly interview where she seemed to be dissociating with what happened to her. I noticed she kept saying "the girls" or something like that instead of "us" or "me" when talking about what Josh did.

Admittedly I have almost zero experience with CSA but is it possible that some of her behavior is due to her struggling with what happened to her?

I forgot about that. Christ almighty this is a family full of dysfunction, attention seeking famewhores. Momma MEEchelle can't seem to get over her season of life no longer being spring and summer, she is into winter and she isn't liking it.

I forgot about that. Christ almighty this is a family full of dysfunction, attention seeking famewhores. Momma MEEchelle can't seem to get over her season of life no longer being spring and summer, she is into winter and she isn't liking it.

But but she has dreams of lots of babies running through their house! She can't be menopausal!

Silly rabbits...it's for the AD REVENUE. The Seewald family blog website thing has ads running on the side and bottom! Jessa has learned she needs to strike while the iron is hot. theseewaldfamily.com/wedding-photos I broke the link because...don't click!

:angry-nono: Every time you do, you're giving them money.

who are giving money to - Jessa and Ben if you click the ads or the wedding photos?

Jessa blocked me on Instagram! I wonder how many other people? I only commented on her photo post of Amy's wedding and basically said that it was poor taste to release 100 photos of her own wedding immediately after her cousin's wedding. And for just THAT, she blocked me!

Which is ridiculous because her IG feed is still public and I can see it online. But in a way...it makes me giddy. Because I now KNOW she read my comment and didn't like it. Good. Mission accomplished.

Little snot... :mrgreen:

Jessa blocked me on Instagram! I wonder how many other people? I only commented on her photo post of Amy's wedding and basically said that it was poor taste to release 100 photos of her own wedding immediately after her cousin's wedding. And for just THAT, she blocked me!

Which is ridiculous because her IG feed is still public and I can see it online. But in a way...it makes me giddy. Because I now KNOW she read my comment and didn't like it. Good. Mission accomplished.

Little snot... :mrgreen:

I can imagine she spends a good portion of her day deleting and blocking people. What a life!

I think you're absolutely right.

I think Jessa's upbringing might have messed her up a bit more than some people (or maybe just me) previously realized. The first thing that really struck me was doing the Megyn Kelly interview where she seemed to be dissociating with what happened to her. I noticed she kept saying "the girls" or something like that instead of "us" or "me" when talking about what Josh did.

Admittedly I have almost zero experience with CSA but is it possible that some of her behavior is due to her struggling with what happened to her?

Imagine what it also must be like to realize every time you do something controversial, you get more attention. And that a ton of people follow you just to hate you. Didn't an "inside source" also tell us that Jessa is pissed that people keep bringing up Smuggar 1.0?

Maybe that's why she's trying to distract us? It's not working though.

To me, this photo dump reads as Jim Boob and DQ criticizing Amy's wedding in a very passive-aggressive way. Amy's wedding pictures are being viewed by strangers and are in People magazine because her last name is Duggar.

But that was not a proper Duggar wedding. The bride showed cleavage! There was dancing and drinking. So JB and DQ want to say "this is what a proper, godly modest wedding looks like.

And it gives them the opportunity to remind everyone of the person who should be getting the attention, pregnant Jessa.

They're too tone-deaf or too far up their own butts to realize that people don't approve of their handling of the molestation or thar people realize that their screwed-up child-raising contributedo to Josh's sexual issues, whatever they may be. They will never think they did anything wrong, so they're going to keep finding ways to say "look at us, the godly family with all the answers about everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit angry at Jill and Derrick for making their own decision go away on a mission trip and for going out of reach of their daily control. So they didn't post pictures of Jill's wedding. Also, Izzy is 6 months old, it's time for Jill to start trying to get pregnant again. They may suspect or even know that she's deliberately avoiding pregnancy while she's in South America. I can see Jill (or any of the J'slaves being eager to have the first baby but not so eager to many, many more in quick succesion.

Despite all the "leave and cleave" talk, I think they expect to keep their daughters under their control even after they're married. They talk about helping their married kids get set up, but they don't give their daughters the houses, they just let them live in them. That way they still have something to control them with.

So I've wandered off topic, I only meant to propose a reason why they would post pictures of Jessa's wedding but not Jill's wedding.

To me, this photo dump reads as Jim Boob and DQ criticizing Amy's wedding in a very passive-aggressive way. Amy's wedding pictures are being viewed by strangers and are in People magazine because her last name is Duggar.

But that was not a proper Duggar wedding. The bride showed cleavage! There was dancing and drinking. So JB and DQ want to say "this is what a proper, godly modest wedding looks like.

And it gives them the opportunity to remind everyone of the person who should be getting the attention, pregnant Jessa.

They're too tone-deaf or too far up their own butts to realize that people don't approve of their handling of the molestation or thar people realize that their screwed-up child-raising contributedo to Josh's sexual issues, whatever they may be. They will never think they did anything wrong, so they're going to keep finding ways to say "look at us, the godly family with all the answers about everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit angry at Jill and Derrick for making their own decision go away on a mission trip and for going out of reach of their daily control. So they didn't post pictures of Jill's wedding. Also, Izzy is 6 months old, it's time for Jill to start trying to get pregnant again. They may suspect or even know that she's deliberately avoiding pregnancy while she's in South America. I can see Jill (or any of the J'slaves being eager to have the first baby but not so eager to many, many more in quick succesion.

Despite all the "leave and cleave" talk, I think they expect to keep their daughters under their control even after they're married. They talk about helping their married kids get set up, but they don't give their daughters the houses, they just let them live in them. That way they still have something to control them with.

So I've wandered off topic, I only meant to propose a reason why they would post pictures of Jessa's wedding but not Jill's wedding.

That's extremely screwed up, obviously, to deny education to your daughters then marry them off only to keep control by owning their homes. At least Jill's husband was an accountant, shouldn't have quit his job! As for Jessa, unless she pulls a magic trick things are going to get miserable real quick after the baby is born and they really have no money. Teenage boys don't get high paying jobs unless they are extra special snowflakes and Ben is not. I guess Jessa could go to cosmetology school if she is allowed. Or maybe an interior decorator. But the smug is going to have to end. :lol:

Archived