IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

Neither of them have confirmed or denied that the wedding kiss was their first kiss. The girls are quick to point out that it was THEIR first kiss ever. I highly doubt Derrick never kissed before. I am pretty sure he had a girlfriend in college.

That makes sense. I would be surprised if it was. I also noticed that they didn't fixate as much on the "first kiss" business as they did in the Josh and Anna wedding special. They're probably just trying to keep that on the DL. Still, if they have kissed someone else before, I wonder what the girls make of that. I imagine there would be some jealousy for them.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Jill claims to have never quit Midwifery. :lol: I'm a jerk, I know.

Seriously, I want to think you're right and that Jill was pursuing this the entire time. It would show that she didn't spend all her time watching the clock until she could go see Derick - and it would show some level of dedication to some sort of education as well. But at this point we don't have much evidence other than Jill's words to back her claim up - and I don't know how much value I can place on her words anymore.

This reminds me of a tweet Cathy sent the other day where she mentions that Jill spent many hours in the hospital with her studying. Maybe Cathy was lying too. :D

:whistle:

That makes sense. I would be surprised if it was. I also noticed that they didn't fixate as much on the "first kiss" business as they did in the Josh and Anna wedding special. They're probably just trying to keep that on the DL. Still, if they have kissed someone else before, I wonder what the girls make of that. I imagine there would be some jealousy for them.

Both Ben and Jessa confirmed that their wedding kiss was their first kiss ever. Jill also said it was her first kiss but Derick's the only one who didn't say anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he had dated and kissed another girl or two before he met Jill. IIRC Derick said that he didn't have a girlfriend in college and part of that was due to him not having the time for a relationship with all of his school and Pistol Pete duties. (Sounds more like an excuse to me but what do I know? :D ) I always got the impression that Jill was Derick's first serious relationship.

Sometimes the Duggars are actually not lying, concealing, or conspiring! Sometimes they actually tell the truth, and do what they say they're going to do! Shocking, I know. :D

I don't remember Derick saying he didn't have a girlfriend in college, but I wouldn't be surprised if Derick had a girlfriend/kissed before he met Jill. I doubt did much more than that - he seems to have always been pretty conservative, and he's a pretty geeky sort of dude (not saying that in an insulting way - I am a geek, and I love geeky dudes). That said, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he'd never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone until he married Jill.

I don't think not saving your first kiss is a deal breaker for them, but I do think they would expect a potential mate to express remorse about it and to have 'purposed' to have born-again-virgin lips.

I don't know if Jill's correspondence course was part of a Gothard program, but they do seem to offer one. IBLP is so circumspect about describing the programs they offer and there are so many layers of bullshit to slog through that I didn't get very far before I lost interest. I did find a pdf that looks something like a course catalog here: ati.iblp.org/ati/students/dosomethinggreat/manual/arm87-126.pdf?show=true which seems to be taken from the book offered here: ati.iblp.org/ati/students/dosomethinggreat/manual/ Poking at this further suggests that classes are offered through Telos or maybe Verity (both of which are unaccredited, I believe), categorized under "medicine": ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/#medicine There's a Professional Labor Support Course which is described as doula training.

None of this matters much, since NARM doesn't really care how a candidate obtains enough knowledge to pass the exam. I'm not knocking NARM (well, maybe I am, a little); my professional certificate (pharmacy technician) is the same. Which is why I guess I'm somewhat ambivalent about this "achievement." I got my certificate with on the job training, while some people got theirs by going to vocational school. There are some areas of practice where I lack experience, but I still passed the exam (same goes for a grad with no ojt). My employers and I weren't concerned because we had confidence in my ability to continue to learn and gain experience where needed, and we trusted my workplace mentors to provide appropriate oversight when necessary. It doesn't seem like Jill has that support system in place. :?

I don't think not saving your first kiss is a deal breaker for them, but I do think they would expect a potential mate to express remorse about it and to have 'purposed' to have born-again-virgin lips.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/plsc/topics/

^ That's the link to ATI's maybe-doula-maybe-something-else program. It names the 'school' Medical Training Institute of America. When I entered "Medical Training Institute of America" into google, google, in its somewhat creepy unending anticipatory wisdom, suggested medical training institute of america midwifery program dallas, so that's a thing. The results weren't very interesting, imo, except for a Texas site that compares and contrasts CNMs vs direct-entry midwives and says this MTIA is one of three programs the TX direct-entry board will accept. I didn't see a date or vet the website at all, and now I've lost interest, but anyone is free to poke at this more if they want to. :lol: texasmidwives.com/texasmidwiveschart.asp

I also remember a quote from Jill stating that she never intended on working or furthering her education once she was married and certainly not after she had children. So a bit of a contradiction on Jill's "quotes" regarding this topic.

IIRC, this quote was while she was PG with Izzy and people were asking about her stalled studies.

I find it so odd that 19 Kids didn't do more of a storyline on Jill's midwifery stuff. Especially since they love anything that requires travel.

I find it so odd that 19 Kids didn't do more of a storyline on Jill's midwifery stuff. Especially since they love anything that requires travel.

THey could have been planning on it, but then all that stuff went down with her mentor...

THey could have been planning on it, but then all that stuff went down with her mentor...

Ah. Good point. I hadn't even thought about that. I bet you're right.

I also remember a quote from Jill stating that she never intended on working or furthering her education once she was married and certainly not after she had children. So a bit of a contradiction on Jill's "quotes" regarding this topic.

IIRC, this quote was while she was PG with Izzy and people were asking about her stalled studies.

Yes, it's at the end of Jill's Story on their blog:

dillardfamily.com/about

Wasn't there a photo of Jill while she was pregnant studying for an exam with some of her midwife friends?

There was a picture of Jill taking an NRP class- (Neonatal resuscitation class)

dillardfamily.com/about

I think she also mentioned it in a published article. I thought it was People Mag-

Well today I got an email alert about Jill's blog update. I didn't sign up for it and I don't want it. I signed up for Duggar updates only, at the Duggar Family Blog. And I don't get those. I've received alerts from the Seewalds, too, I think. This isn't how cross promotion works, people. I was annoyed enough by this that I went looking for the unsubscribe button:

VcnsxPI.png

Petty grumbling is petty. Grumble grumble.

I really think it's some combination of that and the show's cancellation.The only reason they'd keep quiet about Jill finishing her wannabe midwifery studies is because it was going to be featured on the show...the Duggars have lied time and again if the show's timeline called for it. Jill had made it clear that midwifery was something for her to pass the time until she got married, the only reason I can see that changing is if TLC was paying her for it.

I really think it's some combination of that and the show's cancellation.The only reason they'd keep quiet about Jill finishing her wannabe midwifery studies is because it was going to be featured on the show...the Duggars have lied time and again if the show's timeline called for it. Jill had made it clear that midwifery was something for her to pass the time until she got married, the only reason I can see that changing is if TLC was paying her for it.

I am just shocked she actually did after all that information she spewed that she wouldn't work blah blah - maybe that is why also she was never around during Jessa's wedding prep - maybe she was always studying

and then all of a sudden she finished and got her certificate - I also am thinking she would have been more vocal about it had they not cancelled the show - or would she ?

it's almost like that blog she wrote was telling us all off for doubting her lol

I agree if TLC paid her she would have been more open

I bet parts of her studying and completing her exam will be featured on the special.

If memory serves, Jim Bob crowed that Jill's bridal kiss was her first ever...I don't think he mentioned Derick.

As for Derick, I believe he was with Wal-Mart for less than a year. He wasn't working there before he got married, was he?

I bet parts of her studying and completing her exam will be featured on the special.

If memory serves, Jim Bob crowed that Jill's bridal kiss was her first ever...I don't think he mentioned Derick.

As for Derick, I believe he was with Wal-Mart for less than a year. He wasn't working there before he got married, was he?

I think he started at WM in February 2014- one month after returning from Nepal.

So, 2/14 to 5/15- and in that time he got married, took time off for a honeymoon, likely missed some work for filming (I know that he was down in Big Sandy once, maybe twice), took leaves for childbirth and paternity duties, and had jaw surgery.

How many days was he actually at work??

I think he got hired by Walmart when he proposed to Jill? remember the whole spiel - "how will you support my daughter crap"

dillardfamily.com/about

Did you actually read what she wrote? Here's what she said:

"Through the wise, Godly counsel of my parents and friends, I started pursuing midwifery training and education to become licensed as a Certified Professional Midwife (they specialize in low-risk out of hospital prenatal, birth, and postpartum care). My prayer in pursuing midwifery early on was to make wise use of my single years while gaining valuable skills that I may someday use on the mission field. Although I don't plan on practicing while I have little ones of my own at home, I know the skills I have already learned have benefitted me immensely and I may be able to use them in other ways, such as teaching, down the road."

I don't see the contradiction here. She didn't say she was going to stop completely. She said she didn't intend to practice while she had little ones AT HOME (i.e.. Arkansas) but that she was looking more towards using her skills in the future while doing mission work. Or become a teacher. Either way she gave no indication that she was just going to let her education go to waste. Regardless of whether her goal was to be a full-time practicing midwife or a SAHM, Jill wanted to at least finish her studies so she could take the test and become a CPM.

I suspect that at the time Jill wrote the blog, she did not think that her and Derick would be leaving for the mission field this quickly. This isn't a secret, Jill and Derick have always been open about their desires to become career missionaries one day. They initially talked about having a 2~5 year plan before making such a move; however, those plans changed when they unexpectedly got an opportunity to serve overseas much earlier than they had anticipated. After talking it over with friends and family, Derick and Jill eventually decided that it was better to leave for the field sooner when they had the chance, rather than later when they were more comfortable in life.

Did you actually read what she wrote? Here's what she said:

"Through the wise, Godly counsel of my parents and friends, I started pursuing midwifery training and education to become licensed as a Certified Professional Midwife (they specialize in low-risk out of hospital prenatal, birth, and postpartum care). My prayer in pursuing midwifery early on was to make wise use of my single years while gaining valuable skills that I may someday use on the mission field. Although I don't plan on practicing while I have little ones of my own at home, I know the skills I have already learned have benefitted me immensely and I may be able to use them in other ways, such as teaching, down the road."

I don't see the contradiction here. She didn't say she was going to stop completely. She said she didn't intend to practice while she had little ones AT HOME (i.e.. Arkansas) but that she was looking more towards using her skills in the future while doing mission work. Or become a teacher. Either way she gave no indication that she was just going to let her education go to waste. Regardless of whether her goal was to be a full-time practicing midwife or a SAHM, Jill wanted to at least finish her studies so she could take the test and become a CPM.

I suspect that at the time Jill wrote the blog, she did not think that her and Derick would be leaving for the mission field this quickly. This isn't a secret, Jill and Derick have always been open about their desires to become career missionaries one day. They initially talked about having a 2~5 year plan before making such a move; however, those plans changed when they unexpectedly got an opportunity to serve overseas much earlier than they had anticipated. After talking it over with friends and family, Derick and Jill eventually decided that it was better to leave for the field sooner when they had the chance, rather than later when they were more comfortable in life.

To the bolded: Yes, I'm aware that's the Duggar party line. I take that with a grain of salt, especially since they've treated their "missionary" work in what seems to me a very haphazard fashion so far. Big emotional goodbye, "we won't see them for a very long time," and hey presto, they're back in 30 days or less. Very cagey about where they will be performing this missionary work, and so far no public accounting for the money they've collected from fans and what that money has been spent on.

As to Jill busying herself getting this certification, when she has also stated she won't be active in this field while she has young children at home = if she is truly intent on having as many children as God allows, and she is as easily fertile as her mother - then she may not actually practice in this field for 20 years or more. At that point in time, I am quite sure any certification she received in 2015 would be sadly out of date.

Looks like the Dillards are about to leave the country again.

Derick's brother posted a photo on Instagram....

https://instagram.com/p/8XAERIHS20/?taken-by=justdand

Caption - "Glad to serve as A/V man this evening at the going away party for the fam.. Sad to see them go"

I wonder where this party is exactly. Their church maybe? I have a feeling it's less of a "going away" party and more of a "please give us money" party.

Archived