IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

I know every media outlet is reporting this but they're wrong. That is the oath for court clerks which are different positions from county clerks.

This is her oath (http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legresou/constitu/228.htm):

I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of .... according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

Thanks for the correct info!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a well written editorial last night (don't remember where, or I would post it) which said she has a right to her beliefs, but she doesn't have a right to her position. The argument was that she should resign if she cannot fulfill the responsibilities.

I agree.

Run, don't walk, to Twitter and check out @nexttokimdavis. Comic genius!

We've been avid followers since yesterday afternoon. Some of that stuff made me lose my breath from laughing. This is one of my favorites: .@margaretcho BTW - I WILL LITERALLY MARRY A PERSON TO ONE OF THE LICENSE PLATES IF THE CAMERAS WILL JUST GO AWAY BY MONDAY

No - she was married to No 1, got pregnant with twins by No3,married No 2(who adopted the twins) left him, married No 3, left him, remarried No 2..................... yes, I am also confused , god knows what God thinks :mouse-shock:

I can't wait to read what Lori Alexander thinks! :snooty:

Hate to say this, because she is horrid, but this might be her escape...

I'm sorry maybe I'm not understanding some words in that but I'm not seeing how that could be her escape. I mean I thought the oath said she has to preform her duties no matter what right?

No - she was married to No 1, got pregnant with twins by No3,married No 2(who adopted the twins) left him, married No 3, left him, remarried No 2..................... yes, I am also confused , god knows what God thinks :mouse-shock:

I did not know it was that twisted-Her life could be Country Western song or Reality Show. All she needs now is a pick up truck. :wtf:

LOL, the plaintiffs asked for fines, and the judge was like hell no. LOVE IT!

(NPR) http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... pt-hearing

How much clearer can your court order be when it's from the Supreme Court? Who'd have thought courts don't like it when you frump around flaunting their orders as a state employee.

It would only be clear if God told her and he only says what she wants to hear.

Yes, yes, but she only became a Christian 4 years ago you see.

Because she was only saved recently it means all HER sins, prior to this, have been washed away, and thus she's pure as the driven snow.

I'm sure she has a *fabulous* personal testimony.

A few things came to mind about this:

1. No matter how many times married and divorced, she could just get another marriage license, because Tab A, Slot B. Nobody set up roadblocks for HER even though the Bible clearly states she is an adulterer and can't remarry. No doubt, she has issued marriage licenses to adulterers and every sort of FORNICATOR! with no problem. You can be every sort of horrible person, who has done every sort of horrible thing, but won't be blocked from getting a license if the set up is Tab A (penis) and Slot B (vagina).

2. Although Jesus clearly says Render unto Cesar what is Cesar's* (which I think would be applicable here) she is under the influence of her church pastor, who is in the process of wrecking both her and her son's lives. At some point sooner rather than later, these two will loose their incomes. He could have told her to just issue the licenses and let god sort it out later, but Nooooooo,

No doubt prior to this point she has done her job with competence so it is sad to see another life wrecked through fundie contorted thinking /evangelical culture wars. Yes, leg humpers will send her off with a well stocked go fund me account, but that won't make up for 20 more years of future lost wages.

I'm pulling this Bible stuff out of my kazunga; please feel free to correct for details and context.

ETA: so glad to see a judge with a spine -- a seriously "Don't even think about f**king with the law" attitude.

Meh, in the short run she will be fine and the money will pour in. Fundies are running low on worthy speakers right now.

But in the long run, especially for her son who I assume is fairly young, they will look like the idiots who blocked a little girl when schools were desegregated, and that SHOULD have consequences.

I think it's worth noting that even a lot of fundies don't agree with her position and that she should have just quit. The gay wedding cake people are more persuasive.

Here's my conspiracy theory: she's being backed and encouraged by the "religious right" to keep the issue alive so it can continue to be used as a "wedge issue" in the upcoming elections. Photos and news accounts of her being hauled off to jail for "standing up for her religious rights" will be pure gold for them and sure to incite lots of support for her "cause". It will also probably make her rich because hateful people and groups seem to love to give money to "martyrs" to the cause. Of course, that's just my opinion

Kim Davis thinks she's the new Rosa Parks, but she's really just the new George Wallace.

Meanwhile, I think "wearing the orange prison frumper" would be a good post or thread title

Kim Davis thinks she's the new Rosa Parks, but she's really just the new George Wallace.

Meanwhile, I think "wearing the orange prison frumper" would be a good post or thread title

so much this <3

Davis was elected in November 2014. By this date, Windsor had already been decided by SCOTUS. Over 20 US states had court decisions permitting SSM, 8 had legalized it through legislatures, and 3 more by popular vote. She can't say she got blindsided. gaymarriage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004857

>>Davis is a devout Apostolic Christian, and she knew that should gay marriage become legal, she could not and would not sign her name on a same-sex marriage certificate.<<

>>“I would have to either make a decision to stand or I would have to buckle down and leave,†she said, pondering her choices. “And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God’s word.<<

foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/03/kentucky-clerk-am-prepared-to-go-to-jail.html [link deliberately broken: I consider Fox to be entertainment, not news]

When Davis took that Section 228 oath, she swore first to uphold the US Constitution, then the Commonwealth one. (If she decided to seek public office to be a living example of someone with a, hmmm, *interesting* life that had been changed by Christ, fine by me. IMNSHO, Micah 6:8 is a good directive for a lot of public servants, although the Heathenish Atheist Critters might have to punt on the last 3 words in the KJV.)

But it sounds rather like she swore that oath with more than a couple of personal reservations.

Is "got my fingers crossed for Jesus" a post count title?

Cusses mightily while trying to figure out how to do the embedded quotes thingie. Is there a format-fail smilie handy?

All she's missing is a pick up truck? Oh hold onto your horses! She's circuit clerk in Rowan County, I would be shocked if she doesn't drive a great big pick up truck already!

Someone brought a guitar to Kim Davis, and so, from her jail cell, she gives county clerks everywhere this advice:

Sometimes it's hard to be a clerk, yeah,

Giving all the licenses you can.

You'll have dull times

And still more dull times,

Keepin' laws that you don't understand.

But if you love God you won't give them,

To those girls with girls and boys with boys.

And if you want fame, just play this loud game,

And make a lot of righteous noise!

Stand by your desk,

Your hair cascading proudly,

Deny them rights so loudly,

Who cares if gays are lonely?

I've wed four times,

And yet I'm so self-righteous,

Keep up this showboat, so grotesque,

Stand by your desk!

Stand by your desk,

And show the world you love God

Give gays a day that's Kafka-esque!

Stand by your desk!

[bBvideo 560,340:2a449jv0]

[/bBvideo]

The Breitbart comments are shockingly thoughtful on this one, the best argument IMO being that the feds look the other way on state weed laws, but not on this.

The Breitbart comments are shockingly thoughtful on this one, the best argument IMO being that the feds look the other way on state weed laws, but not on this.

Had anyone challenged the weed laws? Federal law does trump state, something people going into the marijuana business are aware of and are willing to take the risk. At least the bigger and more competent companies. I live in one of those states where it's legal, and its been covered at length. As far as I know, none had taken it to the supreme Court level for the feds to weigh in.

Because she was only saved recently it means all HER sins, prior to this, have been washed away, and thus she's pure as the driven snow.

Her former sins may have been washed away so her harlotry is forgiven, but every day that she spends with husband 2&4 she is still committing adultery as long as husband 1 is alive. Didn't Jesus say, "Go, and sin no more"?

Although the only reason the feds look the other way is the Kenyan Muslim Usurper, as they like to call him, ordered them to look the other way. I think several GOP candidates have stated that, if elected, on Day One they will rescind that order and send in troops if necessary to enforce the federal drug laws.

So, I have a question that maybe some of ya'll can help me with....

This gal has been married several times...it's been mentioned to me several times by various people about: forgiveness/redemption. I'm assuming they're alluding to the point that it's ok for her to remarry as much as she feels necessary because she's a child of Christ and therefore forgiven for her sins?

So, what I'm taking from all this is....as long as she's repentant for whatever in her life she's jacked up, it's all good. And if deh gays were to repent, they'd be cool too? Only how does that work exactly...? Do they repent and magically stop being gay or live lives of chastity...? And how does that work with her marrying what, 3? times? Assuming she repented after the first divorce/remarriage....wouldn't the repeated actions following that one make her the same "serial sinner" that deh gays are?

*sigh* these folks make my head hurt.

:angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

Archived