IGNORED

Apostolic Clerk Disobeys SCOTUS, Denies Gay Marriage License

FundieFarmer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thoughtful:

Have run into some of your parodies on archived threads.

Keep it up, and you will owe me a new laptop before I'm even Blanket Trained.

(Where the heck is the "spitting coffee onto the monitor" smilie?)

How long until Jill Rodrigues shows up to get attention minister to Kim Davis with a jailhouse makeover? Is she loading up cases of Aqua-Net and Wet-n-Wild green eyeliner as we speak? :pray:

because of gofundme refusals for various nasty christian people there is a christian gofundme version out there. because bigots and haters need support too.

Do they call it gofundie?

...and here comes the inevitable comparison to a Jewish person living in Nazi Germany. Too bad we don't have a fundie bingo card, because the whole Holocaust comparison would probably be the center square. :?

http://roygbiv.jezebel.com/kim-daviss-l ... 1728790801

Do fundies know that the churches all remained completely functional during in Nazi Germany? The only religious group that was actually persecuted during the Nazi regime was the Jehovah's Witnesses and that wasn't because they were opposed to the government policy against Jews and other "non-persons" but because they refused to salute the flag or pledge their loyalty to the state (their brethren in the US were getting flack for the same very reason, but were not placed in concentration camps). But the Catholic church and the Lutheran church continued to get government subsidies from the Nazi state, continued dispensing the sacraments, preaching, teaching, and all the same things they did before and after Hitler came to power. If anything, the churches wanted to be more involved in the Nazi-era government, not less involvement. The fundie line that Christians were unjustly persecuted by evil atheist Nazis is either a sincerely believed lie or it's a cope out to not have to face the truth behind the less than honorable behavior of the churches during the Nazi regime. For more information, I suggest "Betrayal: German Churches During the Holocaust" edited by Robert P. Erickson and Susannah Herschel. Erickson is Lutheran and Herschel Jewish, and most of the other contributors belong to various Christian traditions, so no one can accuse the authors of being "militant atheists" out to make Christianity look bad.

Her lawyer says she has no intention to resign, so doesn't that mean the taxpayers of Rowan county are paying her salary and the costs of keeping her in jail? Shouldn't the fiscal conservatives be balking?

The issue over whether the Rowan county marriage licenses require Kim Davis's signature to be valid is interesting to me.

Http://abcnews.go.com/US/jailed-kentuck ... d=33534150

How can she be pushed out of office? Be impeached? Why don't the people of her county start that proceeding? Are locals standing with her?

Her lawyer says she has no intention to resign, so doesn't that mean the taxpayers of Rowan county are paying her salary and the costs of keeping her in jail? Shouldn't the fiscal conservatives be balking?

The issue over whether the Rowan county marriage licenses require Kim Davis's signature to be valid is interesting to me.

Http://abcnews.go.com/US/jailed-kentuck ... d=33534150

She's in federal custody. That means every American taxpayer gets to pay for this yokel. Maybe she should be in solitary for her protection.

Of course Huckabee supports her.

I feel like if Huckabee says he supports you, you might want to think about reevaluating some life choices.

How can she be pushed out of office? Be impeached? Why don't the people of her county start that proceeding? Are locals standing with her?

As I understand it, impeachment is a state process involving the two houses of legislature.

Since they aren't currently sitting, it would require a special session. (Which I don't think there is support for.)

I don't know, but the media has implied that she cannot be recalled.

The Daily Mail photos of this angry lady in a frumper are hilarious

(link not broken bc Daily Mail, news) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... dlock.html

If she wants to be a martyr, fine. Send her to jail.

She reminds me a bit of one of our fundies. Teri Maxwell, maybe?

I can't believe how many fools are actually supporting her. She broke the law! Now there's a Muslim woman refusing to do her job because it interferes with her beliefs.

I can't believe how many fools are actually supporting her. She broke the law! Now there's a Muslim woman refusing to do her job because it interferes with her beliefs.

I've had three different friends on FB, two of whom are same sex married and the other engaged to be, who have had loud, unhappy fallings out with close friends over this. For some reason this seems to be the catalyst for a lot of folks to openly say, "I love you and because I love you I'm now letting you know that the Bible says you're a sinner and I'm standing by God." I don't get it.

Westboro Baptist has decided they need some attention:

Proving that there is no limit to fundamentalist Christian extremism, the ultra-conservative Westboro Baptist church has launched a crusade against Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis despite all parties being against same-sex marriage.

While Davis is sitting in jail on contempt charges for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, members of the extremist Westboro Baptist church in Topeka are threatening to go to Kentucky to protest against Davis for being an adulteress –due to having been married four times — and for causing “F*g marriage†because of her sinfulness.

Https://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/godhat ... -marriage/

Now Huckabee is saying you shouldn't follow the law if it is not the right thing to do. Compares Kim Davis not following the gay marriage ruling to President Lincoln going against slavery laws. :cray-cray:

Because Kim imposing her religious beliefs on the public via a governmental position in defiance of her oath of office is exactly the same as a president ending the ownership and abuse of fellow humans. :roll:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mik ... 84e2761cb6

Not breaking link since it's huffingtonpost, they won't care about the traffic.

Huckabee needs to sit down and shut up.

Anyone want to take bets on how long Davis refuses to comply and thus stays in jail? I could see her holding out until January, when the state assembly finally comes back in session and impeaches her.

Also, does any one know if she still gets paid while in jail for contempt? I really hope not.

I was also wondering about the payment while in jail issue.

The religious right is becoming so completely ridiculous. I used to be able to have reasonable conversations with people who held differing political views, but that's becoming more and more challenging every month it seems like. I have some non-religious politically-conservative friends and they seem to retain some common sense, but I've hidden more people this year on FB than I ever did previously. Mainly for posting offensive, poorly-researched things repeatedly. I don't want to unfriend because maybe I'm planting seeds, but perhaps they've hidden me and are thinking the same thing :lol:

All that to say, I don't even know how to go about talking to people who support this nonsense. The perspective and understanding are so utterly different and I don't remember it being this divided before. Maybe I'm just getting crotchety as I get older.

This could be an educational experience for her. She's going to lose some weight, get some fashion advice, get her hair did and expand her circle of friends. Kimmy is going to LEARN so much. :lol:

This could be an educational experience for her. She's going to lose some weight, get some fashion advice, get her hair did and expand her circle of friends. Kimmy is going to LEARN so much. :lol:

What makes you think she's in general population?

What makes you think she's in general population?

i read in an article that she was in isolation, i'm assuming that's solitary?

Archived