IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

OK, I'll speak up as a Southerner-- "loving on" isn't fundy, its just Southern vernacular. Southerners of all colors say it. [at least where I am from--southern Appalachia]

And I say it.

Yeah, I say it as well and hear others say it (definitely not fundies, any of us!). I'm in Texas. And I grew up in Arkansas. :wink-kitty:

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guilty of saying "loving on" too and I'm from Mid MO and I'm not a religious person nor am I a believer in god. I usually say it in regards to my herd of cats, such as "I can't help you with dinner husband, I'm loving on kitties!". I think if I would have kids I would probably use the expression towards them too.

It's 3%!! Planned Parenthood does so much! I have a friend who went to Planned Parenthood and they detected a lump in her breast.

Yes! I thought I hit the 3, guess not. Either way, a small fucking percentage. I wish they would just spend a week in PP and watch what they do day in and day out. They wouldn't see many abortions.

Anyone wanna post this to Blessa's instagram?

post-7337-14452000631401_thumb.png

But we can't forget...contraception is of the devil :naughty:

Anti-choicers don't deal in facts. It's pretty pointless to debate them. They come from a completely different world-view...you can't really discuss the topic with people who's basic premise is "sexual sins must be punished."

Anti-choicers don't deal in facts. It's pretty pointless to debate them. They come from a completely different world-view...you can't really discuss the topic with people who's basic premise is "sexual sins must be punished."

Yep. It's all love for the fetus (aka, fruit of the sexual sin which must enter the world cuz Jebus said so). Heaven forbid, though, that they "encourage" women down this path by having societal safeguards afterwards, like help with housing, health care, food, child care, or employment. Once the fetus becomes a baby, then Mom just has to learn to deal -- or maybe find a good Christian charity, like the one JoshAnna visited in Santa Monica. C'mon, they have big teddy bears! What more could a young single mother need? :evil:

I'm so appalled by the attacks on Planned Parenthood. I can't believe it made it so far. And I love Elizabeth Warren.

These single-minded, simplistic fools are definitely working to outbreed the liberals and then outvote them. Frightening.

Those 2 should be far more concerned with finding jobs, with health care insurance, in order to properly care and provide for themselves and their growing family. Stop worrying about others and get your own, dismal affairs in order. Worry about yourselves as you 2 have no pertinent wisdom or knowledge that interests anyone else.

WHO FREAKING KNEW THAT GRANDMA MARY'S HOME WAS MADE OF GLASS!!!!!

Those 2 should be far more concerned with finding jobs, with health care insurance, in order to properly care and provide for themselves and their growing family. Stop worrying about others and get your own, dismal affairs in order. Worry about yourselves as you 2 have no pertinent wisdom or knowledge that interests anyone else.

WHO FREAKING KNEW THAT GRANDMA MARY'S HOME WAS MADE OF GLASS!!!!!

I get that you don't think they are qualified to be doing the speaking engagements they are doing, and hate the views they are giving when they do speak. But from a purely practical viewpoint they would have to be completely financially incompetent quit what they are doing right now to go find jobs at Walmart or a call center or Jr. Manager in training.

They are making money at all of these gigs. Big, big money for a day's work. And they seem to be working quite a bit. Posting controversial posts on Instagram increases their visibility. The more controversial the better, as long as the political and religious posts are balanced by photos of cute children and everyday things. Those posts are part of the work. So are the smiling, beautiful people selfies and couple shots. Basically they are taking what a large number of their peers do purely for fun -- posting their daily lives on social media and telling anyone who will listen their views on everything --and turning it into a lucrative career.

Pausing now, to go get some entry- level job- job, when there has been vastly increased interest and awe ness from the general public because of the scandal, would be career suicide.

It's a career. It's the career they seemed interested in from even before the scandal. They seemed to want to be a power evangelical couple who make their living promoting their beliefs and lifestyle. And they are doing it. It's not any less of a job or a career because we don't like their politics. It's not any less of a job because they get their paychecks from a different source every week.

Their long term success could have a huge range from not doing it at all to being some sort of " lifestyle" multi- million mega brand. But there are lots of more likely spots in between super stardom and just working at some completely unrelated job. This could end up making them a comfortable, but not extravagant, living. Or be some point on a continuum between their primary source of income with occasional regular pay- checks needed ---and just an occasional supplement to a regular job.

In any case, not pursuing it now, when it's what they seem to want, and it appears to be extremely lucrative , just to get a regular paycheck, would seem like a very stupid move.

As for the homeschooling topic, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that James is behind academically because he is getting a lousy education. In any public school classroom there will be some children who are struggling just as much as James. Parents just don't realize it if it isn't their kid who has the issue. The Duggars have stated in the past that they do use outside educational support for their kids who struggle. I have no idea what that support is, or if it's adequate. But I do know that kids in public school can be at that same level, even with abundant resources. One of my sons would have been right there in his early teens. As a matter of fact, I'd be kind of shocked if he had his multiplication tables memorized even now, as an adult, and he functions perfectly well.

I get that you don't think they are qualified to be doing the speaking engagements they are doing, and hate the views they are giving when they do speak. But from a purely practical viewpoint they would have to be completely financially incompetent quit what they are doing right now to go find jobs at Walmart or a call center or Jr. Manager in training.

They are making money at all of these gigs. Big, big money for a day's work. And they seem to be working quite a bit. Posting controversial posts on Instagram increases their visibility. The more controversial the better, as long as the political and religious posts are balanced by photos of cute children and everyday things. Those posts are part of the work. So are the smiling, beautiful people selfies and couple shots. Basically they are taking what a large number of their peers do purely for fun -- posting their daily lives on social media and telling anyone who will listen their views on everything --and turning it into a lucrative career.

Pausing now, to go get some entry- level job- job, when there has been vastly increased interest and awe ness from the general public because of the scandal, would be career suicide.

It's a career. It's the career they seemed interested in from even before the scandal. They seemed to want to be a power evangelical couple who make their living promoting their beliefs and lifestyle. And they are doing it. It's not any less of a job or a career because we don't like their politics. It's not any less of a job because they get their paychecks from a different source every week.

Their long term success could have a huge range from not doing it at all to being some sort of " lifestyle" multi- million mega brand. But there are lots of more likely spots in between super stardom and just working at some completely unrelated job. This could end up making them a comfortable, but not extravagant, living. Or be some point on a continuum between their primary source of income with occasional regular pay- checks needed ---and just an occasional supplement to a regular job.

In any case, not pursuing it now, when it's what they seem to want, and it appears to be extremely lucrative , just to get a regular paycheck, would seem like a very stupid move.

As for the homeschooling topic, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that James is behind academically because he is getting a lousy education. In any public school classroom there will be some children who are struggling just as much as James. Parents just don't realize it if it isn't their kid who has the issue. The Duggars have stated in the past that they do use outside educational support for their kids who struggle. I have no idea what that support is, or if it's adequate. But I do know that kids in public school can be at that same level, even with abundant resources. One of my sons would have been right there in his early teens. As a matter of fact, I'd be kind of shocked if he had his multiplication tables memorized even now, as an adult, and he functions perfectly well.

So is Ben now employed as a speaker at women's events?

Does this gig provide health care insurance?

My hubs and I each had our own job- each with a paycheck and benefits.

Far as I can tell, they are 2, neurotypical, able-bodied individuals without any kids- they both should be working.

I don't believe for a second these pictures Ben is posting of a baby are Baby Seewald

the man is twisting in his shorts

move along Ben - move along

So is Ben now employed as a speaker at women's events?

Does this gig provide health care insurance?

My hubs and I each had our own job- each with a paycheck and benefits.

Far as I can tell, they are 2, neurotypical, able-bodied individuals without any kids- they both should be working.

You do realize that there are lots of self- employed people in the world, right? Most of whom do just fine.

You seem to think a paycheck from a company is somehow morally superior . Kind of like the Duggar's, with their emphasis on only being self- employed - but the opposite. Neither of those positions make any rational sense, at all. At least the Duggar's give reasons why they prefer self- employment - fucked up reasons, but still reasons. What on earth is your rationale behind needing a paycheck from a set company in order to be valid? It does require greater budgeting skills to be self-employed, since income isn't consistent and you have to account for taxes, but other than that, what's the issue? And I would bet it's a damn site easier to budget the 100,000+ they appear to be making than it would be to budget the $30,000 or so ( tops) at whatever job Ben would get. And the odds of Jessa being hired right now for a regular job - slim to none, being visibly pregnant.

Does Ben have to speak at every event Jessa does? If so, why? It seems she is the draw at the majority of gigs, but he does speak at any where it is appropriate.

Again, they ARE working. People who are self- employed can, and do, purchase health insurance. It happens every single day. Although right now, both Ben and Jessa can be covered through their respective parents health insurance plans, which makes far more financial sense, and wouldn't make a difference in the amount their parents are already paying. Once the baby comes they can purchase a child only plan.

I freaking hate this "loving on" somebody bullshit. Stupid fundies and their stupid fundie-speak. :angry-banghead:

I agree that I HATE that phrase (just sounds like you're humping them) but it's definitely not fundie. It's southern.

Due date: October 31st. The child is clearly Satan's. Rosemary's baby will look positively angelic compared to the Seewald child. :twisted:

(Just kidding! Due date is sometime in early November)

That would be terribly ironic and funny if Baby Benessa was born on the 31st October. :nenner:

I didn't realize the phrase "loving on" was so controversial. It's kind of just something everyone (everyone here at least) says.

-When there's a new baby- "Oh, pass him over so I can love on him!"

-New kittens/puppies: "They're just loving all over me!"

-When someone is sick (usually terminally ill): "I've been praying for and loving on them just as much as I can!"

I guess I just don't get all the hate on this particular regional phrase.

I agree that I HATE that phrase (just sounds like you're humping them) but it's definitely not fundie. It's southern.

I always get the same humping or fucking vibe when I hear "Loving on" and it's so disturbing. It's true meaning is far from it and I have no idea why my mind goes there.... (wasn't raised in the south)

That would be terribly ironic and funny if Baby Benessa was born on the 31st October. :nenner:

Does it make me a terrible person that I'm secretly hoping the baby is born that day? And that they name the little demon one Damian or Rosemary? :twisted:

Has Jessa ever said her plan for announcing the sex of her baby? I don't follow them on IG so I didn't know if I missed a comment or something on there stating they are waiting to find out or aren't revealing it until the birth or something? It's so out of character for the Duggars to not spread the Jender news all over so I've been so curious as to what Jessa's plans are!

Yeah, I say it as well and hear others say it (definitely not fundies, any of us!). I'm in Texas. And I grew up in Arkansas. :wink-kitty:

It's said in Georgia too (not a fundie).

OK, I'll speak up as a Southerner-- "loving on" isn't fundy, its just Southern vernacular. Southerners of all colors say it. [at least where I am from--southern Appalachia]

And I say it.

This. I'm from Alabama and use it a lot.

No fundie would never, ever believe it.

(I realize other people have said the same thing, but I can't quote everyone.) Interesting. Sorry I assumed it was fundie-speak. They just use it all the time and I've never heard anyone else use the term, so it didn't even occur to me that it might NOT be fundie-speak. Still hate the phrase (I agree, it sounds weirdly sexual), but it's good to know it's a regional rather than fundie thing.

Archived