IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Me too. I had the same ailment as Kate and I had a boy.

Me too. But I had it with all four of my children - two boys and two girls. I think One boy and one girl were the worst, but were also at times where the constant vomiting was more noticeably awful. My daughter had it extremely severely with her daughter ( to the point of frequent hospitalizations ) , somewhat less severely, but still horrible, with her son.

I swear I read in some medical study that it tended to be more pronounced in pregnancies with girl baby's due to hormone balance, that it's partially related to estrogen levels that some women are more sensitive to increases due to already having higher estrogen levels. Not that these same women wouldn't get varying degrees of sickness with any pregnancy, but that the already existing estrogen levels at the time of the pregnancy had an impact.

That's what I recall, But that was a looooong time ago , and I'm above my quota for random internet rabbit holes to chase today :lol: .

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. But I had it with all four of my children - two boys and two girls. I think One boy and one girl were the worst, but were also at times where the constant vomiting was more noticeably awful. My daughter had it extremely severely with her daughter ( to the point of frequent hospitalizations ) , somewhat less severely, but still horrible, with her son.

I swear I read in some medical study that it tended to be more pronounced in pregnancies with girl baby's due to hormone balance, that it's partially related to estrogen levels that some women are more sensitive to increases due to already having higher estrogen levels. Not that these same women wouldn't get varying degrees of sickness with any pregnancy, but that the already existing estrogen levels at the time of the pregnancy had an impact.

That's what I recall, But that was a looooong time ago , and I'm above my quota for random internet rabbit holes to chase today :lol: .

Pretty sure you're right about HG -- all the coverage of the Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancies emphasized that it was more likely to occur in pregnancies when carrying a girl and/or when carrying multiples. Clearly not foolproof, but I remember the same thing about the hormones.

I believe I've seen her poofy lower lip before this. Too lazy to look for pics, though. You can call her confident, but to me, it looks ..... smug.

If she's smug because she's nominally out from JB's thumb and the TTH, well, good for her. If she's smug because she's so "holier and virginal-er than thou", then PHOOEY.

Her lip looks natural to me. my lips are fuller and the lower more than the upper - so my RBF has a significant natural pout. the whole purpose of my face seems to be to get people to ask me what's wrong and then tell me to smile.

Fwiw I don't think she looks smug - it's a cute pic.

(And could that thing be a towel hook? Maybe huge families have two tier towel hooks so the littles don't have to reach? I've never seen a vertical toilet paper holder - how can you judge people for replacing the to wrong when there is no over or under?)

Jessa's lips were exceptionally full during the Megyn Kelly interview. I don't normally notice her lips, but the fullness of them combined with the bubble gum pink lipstick, and I swear, I could not stop staring. Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones doing it? I've heard of women experiencing permanent sizes changes in their hands, feet, and breasts from being pregnant - maybe it can happen with lips, too? I didn't find anything using google regarding such a thing happening.

I have known women whose lips really blew up when they were pregnant. Don't know if that's what's happening with Jessa, but I've seen it.

Speaking of the tight shirt though, anyone remember the episode when Jessa tried on wedding dresses and one of them was VERY form-fitting. I was surprised it didn't get cut in editing. It was very tight, especially around the rear. I had the feeling then that she enjoyed that little stolen moment of feeling "sexy."

Edited cuz auto correct failed

Jessa's lips were exceptionally full during the Megyn Kelly interview. I don't normally notice her lips, but the fullness of them combined with the bubble gum pink lipstick, and I swear, I could not stop staring. Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones doing it? I've heard of women experiencing permanent sizes changes in their hands, feet, and breasts from being pregnant - maybe it can happen with lips, too? I didn't find anything using google regarding such a thing happening.

Jessa's always had full lips; I think she's probably defining them more with lipstick (it's amazing how much you can change the shape and size of your facial features with makeup), and I wouldn't be surprised if she were secretly doing some Kylie Jenner plumping stuff. She also looks like she's pursing them a bit in the photo.

It looks like a toilet paper holder.

Is it me or is that tight tshirt meant to defraud anyone who will look?

On the one hand it is clear she is feeling very secure and confident in her sexuality and that is how a newlywed should feel.

On the otherhand--JB must not be pleased at all.

Her lips look like she has had them filled--or at least the lower one. Is that safe during pregnancy?

I think she looks amazing and I do agree she is very comfortable showing off her sexuality where wearing the tight pink tshirt that I swear to god she wore the same one when she and Ben were touring the house and it was tight then - so I can only imagine how it looks in person then.

i love what you said about because she is a newlywed should feel that way - it's that freshly fucked yet pregnant vibe you mean yes :D or what did you mean - do tell

I don't think she had her lips done lol - I think she always had those lips and pregnancy just enhanced them - I am guessing along with specific lip gloss

she is more obvious about being sexual during pregnancy than Jill was imo

About swimming -

After my parents scared the ever loving shit out of me by taking me to see Jaws when I had just turned 4, they took me to Daytona Beach, FL. I would not let the waves so much as cover my big toe without throwing a fit. My mother was tired of my refusal get in the ocean or the lake by the next summer. When I was 5 she taught me to swim the old-fashioned way; she threw me into a swimming pool. We have a pool in our backyard now, and I really do love being able to cool off on the crazy hot days here in Georgia. I am still terrified of sharks and won't ever get in the ocean. I still hate lakes too! Sometimes catfish can get as big as Volkswagens...true story.

About Jessa's bump -

It does look a little low. If we could find a recent picture of her from the back maybe we could tell better, but with my boys I didn't look pregnant from the back. It was obvious from the back with my girls (they were higher too).

About morning sickness -

I was sick for the entire time when I was expecting a girl. I was sick for 12 weeks when I was expecting a boy. When someone tells me they have never vomited their entire pregnancy it makes me want to cast a spell on them. :stir-pot:

Something has been bothering me for a while and I'm not sure if it is my memory fail or it really happened. I seem to recall that in one episode of 19 K and Counting, before Ben and Jessa were engaged, Ben was talking about purchasing a piece of property near his hometown with the idea of building a house. My memory of the episode is of him showing the property and talking about building on it. I keep thinking that he had different plans for his (and Jessa's) life before he moved to Tonitown and into the storage building--and under JB's thumb. Anyone else remember this? I have not been able to find the episode yet. Sorry if this sends the thread off in another direction--not a fan of the headbands either!!

This sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't pinpoint anything. Ben and Jessa were super boring, and I missed almost the entire last season.

The outfit is interesting: it's the shirt, lipstick, hair and the crown and glory, those earrings, combination. Between the colors and the styles...I wonder if she was just kicking around at home, but then the earrings??? Or did she have a doctor's appointment or a lunch date??? I wonder what this style is called?

Can a PG woman induce a "NIKE" call?????

I don't not see why other clothing cannot be tight per modesty standards, but for maternity wear, the rule seems to be the tighter, the better- Talk about reducing women to nothing but a couple of body parts- so degrading.

Hands and feet can change permanently because of the ligaments stretching or some such thing. (I don't know the specifics of why but it did happen to me and it sucks.) That wouldn't apply to lips. And I'm guessing breasts can change due to breast feeding.

About swimming -

After my parents scared the ever loving shit out of me by taking me to see Jaws when I had just turned 4, they took me to Daytona Beach, FL. I would not let the waves so much as cover my big toe without throwing a fit. My mother was tired of my refusal get in the ocean or the lake by the next summer. When I was 5 she taught me to swim the old-fashioned way; she threw me into a swimming pool. We have a pool in our backyard now, and I really do love being able to cool off on the crazy hot days here in Georgia. I am still terrified of sharks and won't ever get in the ocean. I still hate lakes too! Sometimes catfish can get as big as Volkswagens...true story.

About Jessa's bump -

It does look a little low. If we could find a recent picture of her from the back maybe we could tell better, but with my boys I didn't look pregnant from the back. It was obvious from the back with my girls (they were higher too).

About morning sickness -

I was sick for the entire time when I was expecting a girl. I was sick for 12 weeks when I was expecting a boy. When someone tells me they have never vomited their entire pregnancy it makes me want to cast a spell on them. :stir-pot:

Well, I didn't vomit (because I haven't since I was 12.) But I was nauseated almost every day from week 6 to week 28. Not fun. It was a boy. Makes me wonder if it would have been worse with a girl. Yuck.

So interesting to hear about the variety of pregnancy experiences. I had a boy, but carried high, so I had bad heartburn. He never did drop, up to getting induced he was swimmin' high. Guess he didn't want to come out! I never got morning sickness at all (yay). Craved ice cream sandwiches... and ate them. :)

As to Jessa's lips, I'm wondering (as others have) if it isn't pregnancy related. My skin never looked so good as when I was pregnant (the "glow" I guess?).

I believe I've seen her poofy lower lip before this. Too lazy to look for pics, though. You can call her confident, but to me, it looks ..... smug.

If she's smug because she's nominally out from JB's thumb and the TTH, well, good for her. If she's smug because she's so "holier and virginal-er than thou", then PHOOEY.

I honestly see a young woman who appears sexually fulfilled and knows she is. She is sporting that "I have wicked orgasms" glow. The confidence and realization that she is beautiful, desirable, and in charge of her sexuality is oozing out of these pictures she is posting. Those are all good things. We know she has a healthy sex drive since she complained that the no-touch courtship needing to hurry up and get over with. Its good that she is embracing her sexuality. Even her large bump is only adding to her confidence.

Its unfortunate she is only going to enjoy this for a couple months later :lol: If she takes after Michelle she will probably bounce back quick, but its normal for women to feel a little deflated and matronly after baby arrives.

Anyway it is clear that she is in touch with her inner source of power and is learning how to use it. She may be a stupid teen or so now, but I have confidence that she can turn herself into a confident and powerful woman. Hopefully Ben can hang on for the ride. (eek I didn't mean that as a pun).

I don't see this in Jill. With Jill, D is clearly her headship. She projects submission, not sexuality.

I think that Jinger may have more in common than Jill. Time will tell.

I only had the one so who knows what would have happened in future pregnancies. I had a bad miscarriage before my son (yes I did name her but no I didnt get Duggar style birth/death announcements made). I didnt have morning sickness during that first pregnancy, but I was sick with other things.

I was sick for 5 months with my son---projectile vomiting everyday. I lost 30 lbs! All I had to do was hear people talking about food and I would start spewing. Finally my extreme weightloss encouraged my dr to do something and he admitted me to hospital. They gave me some medicine and I was instantly better. Thanks doc---he could have done that months earlier. :lol:

This sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't pinpoint anything. Ben and Jessa were super boring, and I missed almost the entire last season.

I remember that. I think a picture of Ben,Jessa, and few others looking at the property was posted here.

I think that people's hands and feet get bigger after pregnancy due to water retention and weight gain that never goes away. Bones do not actually grow longer after reading full maturity, but I believe they get denser until about age 30. Then its all downhill from there as our bones just shrivel up until we die. Each baby sucks the calcium out of one's bones and teeth so I hope Michelle is taking supplements to augment her tater tot and Campbell's soup diet.

"Gave her bones to fill a quiver" could be a good title. :lol:

I've never really bought into the whole carrying high or low depending on baby's jinder thing. But, I must say, Jessa looks pretty hot in this photo. The t-shirt is cute and, obviously, represents all of the sports she was enrolled in growing up Duggar (like at her bridal shower when they all played football - that seemed like a lot of fun - oh, wait - she's a girl so didn't play). So, I guess cute sporty t-shirt does not represent her sporting activities (other than watching the boys from the sidelines) so it must be designed to just look hot! Mission accomplished.

Question: how many of these basically arranged-by-patriarch marriages are really happy, do you think? I mean, they can't all be, can they? When they marry someone they barely know? You have to wonder if any/how many of these couples are faking it. She looks happy though, and I really hope she is.

I've never really bought into the whole carrying high or low depending on baby's jinder thing. But, I must say, Jessa looks pretty hot in this photo. The t-shirt is cute and, obviously, represents all of the sports she was enrolled in growing up Duggar (like at her bridal shower when they all played football - that seemed like a lot of fun - oh, wait - she's a girl so didn't play). So, I guess cute sporty t-shirt does not represent her sporting activities (other than watching the boys from the sidelines) so it must be designed to just look hot! Mission accomplished.

Question: how many of these basically arranged-by-patriarch marriages are really happy, do you think? I mean, they can't all be, can they? When they marry someone they barely know? You have to wonder if any/how many of these couples are faking it. She looks happy though, and I really hope she is.

Let's hope that after 9 mos of marriage that she is still happy.

Hard to say if your average fundie married person is happy. Most of the ones we talk about are fairly young and newly married, so they likely are less unhappy.

Others, like Erica S. seem to be seething under their tightly controlled ever present smile.

Teri Maxwell does not present as happy, but the Munck mom, when she was posting back in the day, seemed happy.

Let's hope that after 9 mos of marriage that she is still happy.

Hard to say if your average fundie married person is happy. Most of the ones we talk about are fairly young and newly married, so they likely are less unhappy.

Others, like Erica S. seem to be seething under their tightly controlled ever present smile.

Teri Maxwell does not present as happy, but the Munck mom, when she was posting back in the day, seemed happy.

Good stuff, Sassy. I really wonder about this. Here we have Jessa and Bin totally hot for each other. And, yes, they are still newlyweds and presumably that hasn't changed. But, at some point reality sets in. I actually think that Michael Bates has taken more time to get to know her intended (although I'm not at all sure that was her choice) so my hopes for them are quite high. I just think a lot of these young couples must look at each other at some point down the road and think: Jesus, what did I do? And there's little recourse then. It must happen more often than not.

I do remember that his relative in hot springs who is a realtor had tagged him in a picture of a piece of land for sale with some comments about ben buying it. But I think they realized they needed to be near the others to film the show, which was their income at the time.

I do remember that his relative in hot springs who is a realtor had tagged him in a picture of a piece of land for sale with some comments about ben buying it. But I think they realized they needed to be near the others to film the show, which was their income at the time.

If Ben bought some land and had a decent enough job to build a house, I wonder if JB would Fully cut them off or still provide some support if able. I get that he wouldn't be able to dictate every day actions but I wonder if he would still support his daughter in this way....

I honestly see a young woman who appears sexually fulfilled and knows she is. She is sporting that "I have wicked orgasms" glow. The confidence and realization that she is beautiful, desirable, and in charge of her sexuality is oozing out of these pictures she is posting. Those are all good things. We know she has a healthy sex drive since she complained that the no-touch courtship needing to hurry up and get over with. Its good that she is embracing her sexuality. Even her large bump is only adding to her confidence.

Its unfortunate she is only going to enjoy this for a couple months later :lol: If she takes after Michelle she will probably bounce back quick, but its normal for women to feel a little deflated and matronly after baby arrives.

Anyway it is clear that she is in touch with her inner source of power and is learning how to use it. She may be a stupid teen or so now, but I have confidence that she can turn herself into a confident and powerful woman. Hopefully Ben can hang on for the ride. (eek I didn't mean that as a pun).

I don't see this in Jill. With Jill, D is clearly her headship. She projects submission, not sexuality.

I think that Jinger may have more in common than Jill. Time will tell.

First I LOVE YOUR post :worship:

second for some reason I don't see Jessa once she has the baby become all matronly - I think she will continue to embrace this new side of herself. It's in her nature....

That's the difference between Jill and Jessa - Jill never projected sexuality - perhaps on her wedding day in a very tiny scale (I think when they ran away and when they saw each other the first time in their wedding atire) that was the only time - I got that the "we are going to have sex vibe soon" otherwise I think for Jill it was all about being a mother from the get go - opposed to Jessa who actually enjoyed her husband.

Jessa I think always had it and Ben saw it and they just are all over each other I bet

So interesting to hear about the variety of pregnancy experiences. I had a boy, but carried high, so I had bad heartburn. He never did drop, up to getting induced he was swimmin' high. Guess he didn't want to come out! I never got morning sickness at all (yay). Craved ice cream sandwiches... and ate them. :)

As to Jessa's lips, I'm wondering (as others have) if it isn't pregnancy related. My skin never looked so good as when I was pregnant (the "glow" I guess?).

No morning sickness at all? Kind of hard not to hate you. :D

All 4 of my pregnancies I had morning sickness well into the second trimester - the kind that require saltines and barfbags to be carried on me at all times. iI've had boys and girls - no difference for me.

Although like you my skin was never better. I've never had acne but pregnant I had the glow...and my hair was fabulous! I have Marcia Brady kind of hair - thin and fine but in pregnancy I had handfuls of glorious hair. Which all fell out immediately after leaving me back to normal. Talk about Cinderella after midnight.

Weird about pregnancy for me was my moods - my moods are super sensitive to my hormones and I was supernaturally content with each successful pregnancy and had weird postpartum euphoria. I don't know if there is a name for it but my ones said it happens to some women - they just get happy hormones during and post partum. If that ever comes in pill form I will break the law to get my hands on it. I am consitutupiojally incapable of being that happy and relaxed otherwise.

I didn't have it with the baby I lost - I miscarried at 20 weeks 4 days before my mom died of cancer. If my life had been normal at the time I'd probably have noticed I lost the hormonal upswing earlier (the baby had died in uttero a week or so before the doctor discovered it in a routine prenatal visit.)

I also wonder if Michhelle has that deal, too, which is why she loved the whole preganancy post partum phase so much. If it was all about what I wanted I'd have been happy to spend most of my adult life pregnant.

If Ben bought some land and had a decent enough job to build a house, I wonder if JB would Fully cut them off or still provide some support if able. I get that he wouldn't be able to dictate every day actions but I wonder if he would still support his daughter in this way....

I think JB would send Dwayne Andregg and the Duggar boys to help build the house, with some support from Duggar Aviation, and would then wish Ben the best of luck at his new job.

Archived