IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Yes! And Judas Lucifer Seewald for a boy!

Nailed it!

If these aren't the names used I am going to be SO disappointed!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa bump looks low in her latest selfie which if going by the old wives tale means boy right? I'm still saying girl

Jessa bump looks low in her latest selfie which if going by the old wives tale means boy right? I'm still saying girl

Yes. According to old wives tales high is girl and low is boy.

Granted, they also say morning sickness in the first trimester indicates you'll have a girl. I think the Duchess of Cambridge would beg to differ on that. :lol:

Yes! And Judas Lucifer Seewald for a boy!

This made me laugh way more than it should. :lol: :lol: I almost want another child so I can use that name. Isn't part of figuring out what to name your kid standing at the bottom of the steps and shouting the name in anger to see how you'll sound? Screaming "JUDAS LUCIFER!" is perfect in that regard. Also works well as a swear.

Looking at JS's Instagram pics and the video of the swimming pool, it looks like all the kids are wearing floaties, flotation devices and life jackets, which are fantastic for safety purpose, but I wonder if any of them can swim? Some of those kids are 10 years old (or near), can they not swim?

How come no one has taught those kids to swim?

What do these folks do all day long? It looks like Jessa's on daycare/summer camp duty. I guess the safety devices are actually providing the babysitting services.

Looking at JS's Instagram pics and the video of the swimming pool, it looks like all the kids are wearing floaties, flotation devices and life jackets, which are fantastfic for safety purpose, but I wonder if any of them can swim? Some of those kids are 10 years old (or near), can they not swim?

What do these folks do all day long? It looks like Jessa's on daycare/summer camp duty. I guess the safety devices are actually providing the babysitting services.

You really can find something wrong with absolutely, positively EVERYTHING they do, can't you? :roll:

If they aren't frequent, very strong swimmers it seems like a really good idea to have them all with flotation devices. Do the Duggar's have an in- ground pool on their property? If not than it is highly unlikely that they swim often enough to be completely safe in a big, playing group of kids without the floaters etc as back up. If it was a few kids with a couple of adults , sure, focus on the swimming lessons. But that's not what that is, it's a bunch of kids playing. The flatiron devices give them more freedom to play and have fun.

You really can find something wrong with absolutely, positively EVERYTHING they do, can't you? :roll:

yep

Any idea where this pool is located? It looks like a backyard pool, but I doubt Benessa have a pool on property. Seewald family property?

Looking at JS's Instagram pics and the video of the swimming pool, it looks like all the kids are wearing floaties, flotation devices and life jackets, which are fantastic for safety purpose, but I wonder if any of them can swim? Some of those kids are 10 years old (or near), can they not swim?

I'm an adult and I don't know how to swim. People have tried to teach me but it's just one of those things not everyone can do. I cant float either

If they aren't frequent, very strong swimmers it seems like a really good idea to have them all with flotation devices. Do the Duggar's have an in- ground pool on their property? If not than it is highly unlikely that they swim often enough to be completely safe in a big, playing group of kids without the floaters etc as back up. If it was a few kids with a couple of adults , sure, focus on the swimming lessons. But that's not what that is, it's a bunch of kids playing. The flatiron devices give them more freedom to play and have fun.

My mom has always said that there are a few life skills everyone should have - being able to swim well enough to get to safety (if needed) is one of them. Being in or around the water without knowing how to swim can be dangerous - not just for the person who can't swim, but for anyone that may need to rescue them if the worst happens.

I do agree with your points though. We don't really have any way of knowing how often these kids have access to a pool or whether anyone has tried to teach them before. And the floaties do seem to be more as a form of backup and allow the kids to play more freely than they would otherwise - while allowing the adults in the vicinity to feel a bit more comfortable allowing them to play that way in the water.

Some of those kids are 10 years old (or near), can they not swim?

My guess is that no one in the family knows how to swim. I cannot fathom why a normal, healthy 10 year old does not know how to swim but then I wasn't raised in isolation by a couple of idiots. I think most of us learned at public school, summer camp, friend's houses. outings to the beach or lake, or at the local YMCA/gym/public pool. I do not know anyone who never learned to swim but maybe because I was raised in Southern California where the beach and inground pools were so popular, so everyone made sure their kids knew how to swim for safety reasons.

If you wanted to learn how to swim Arrowoftruth, there is a way but I'm guessing that because of some issue or another you have never wanted to learn. I know, for example, some YMCAs have special classes to teach waterphobic people how to swim.

I think the posters on instagram make a point about the clarity of the pool water.

I have a hot tub, and if I were the pool owner, I would have administered an algae shock treatment and a dose of chlorine before letting the kiddos swim, just for safety's sake.

I have lived my whole life in Southern California and I know many people who can't swim. A few years ago I read an article about kids from lower income neighborhoods who had never even been to the beach even though it was a few miles away. Some of these kids have never even left their own neighborhoods in their lifetimes. Not every kid has the opportunity to go regularly to a pool or beach and swim. Many lower economic neighborhoods don't have don't have parks with pools and the kids surely don't have friends with pools. They aren't going to camp every summer. Someone isn't backwards because they can't swim.

The kids were shown cavorting in a neighbor's pool on one epsiode- the crew brought pizzas during that episode, IIRC.

It could be the same pool.

Sorry, but in my neck of the woods, most youngsters have been taught how to swim. If not by their own parents, by a local swim school.

The Duggars seem to have a pretty clear schedule- I mean none of them work a routine, away from home, scheduled job...you'd think that they would have taught some of them, or at least one of them, how to swim. They have the perfect set up for teach one-do one-show one.

In terms of them doing something positive- The Dillards got themselves out of dodge, which I think is fantastic.

can one really *swim* in modest wear? I gotta think it's crazy heavy.

In those thinner bodysuits, yes. My kids had them to prevent sun burns.

Now when they were trying to swim in jeans, those are a drowning hazard.

I think the posters on instagram make a point about the clarity of the pool water.

I have a hot tub, and if I were the pool owner, I would have administered an algae shock treatment and a dose of chlorine before letting the kiddos swim, just for safety's sake.

I agree. That water's looking pretty murky.

Obligatory selfie reversal:

UZAVb64l.jpg

I'm thinking she's in her (or somebody's) bathroom. What's that hook-type-thing at door knob height?

I'm an adult and I don't know how to swim. People have tried to teach me but it's just one of those things not everyone can do. I cant float either

Oh man, I can't float at all. I could when I was a kid but I just can't anymore.

I'm not a particularly strong swimmer (I live with people who swim competitively, though, so I'm comparing myself to them), but I can swim well enough to stay alive if I have to.

I do agree that swimming is an essential skill if you're ever around water at all, as it can literally be a matter of life and death. It's one thing if you're never around water, but to me whistling is just one of those things not everyone can do; swimming is in a different category altogether.

Well she's certainly looking very fundi-fabulous! She's wearing the age of her husband on her shirt.

Something else Fundies will probably not get to do - turn your jeans into a life jacket! We had to do it one year at camp for canoe/water testing. It is one of those skills I have never had to use since learning it.

In those thinner bodysuits, yes. My kids had them to prevent sun burns.

Now when they were trying to swim in jeans, those are a drowning hazard.

I'm talking about those long skirt ones they wore. They looked heavy.

Something else Fundies will probably not get to do - turn your jeans into a life jacket! We had to do it one year at camp for canoe/water testing. It is one of those skills I have never had to use since learning it.

That was part of securing a life guard certificate when I was a youngster.

Archived