IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Why the swayback? She seems to be jutting her stomach out.

She's always had it. In the first special there's a scene with the girls in their frumpers, where she's wearing this red plaid dress with an awful gold sash around the waist and she's standing with a significant arch in her back.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things here is Aus is that teachers teach you to float in normal clothing should you fall off a boat etc.

That also happens in the UK, the land where NOBODY has swimming pools in their back garden. Not only do they teach you to float, but also how to tread water and actually swim in your normal clothes. It's a lot harder than swimming in actual swim wear, but builds strength along with confidence in the water.

I grew up in a swimming club, my grandpa was the head. my brother swam (and jumped of 3 m dive boards at 3) I do understand that it can get quite crowded in pools , we had a small pool in our garden and it did get quite crowded with birthday kids or friends. lol.

We had swimming lessons at school, in y 3 and and 5/6

I joined a swim team when I was four, and was on it until about 12. I distinctly remember one of the lessons for learning how to butterfly kick, our coach literally duct taped our feet together and we had to swim in the diving end of the pool (about 13 ft deep). It was terrifying but damn do you learn how to swim with your feet together. (in butterfly, you can be disqualified for your feet separating)

butterfly the most useless swim style ever Why?????(if you open up your legs youd be 100% less effective anyway)Unlike my more talented siblings( my brother did 50m freestyle in 24 seconds, try more like 60 sec at best 70 more often for me)I always looked like a hald drowned rat after 25 m of butterfly. On a similar note We also had this "finish 25 m with only using your arms, only using your legs. 10 min later i may have arrived xD... The furthest distance i have swum in a hall was 1000m

Someone here explained a few times when Jill was pregnant that all the older Duggar girls have swaybacks which can be caused by carting around babies/toddlers on your hip before you are fully developed. They had links and stuff, but I'm lazy.

My sister and I both have swaybacks. I thought it was genetic? Or maybe just bad posture. We didn't carry any babies around in our childhoods. I'm not calling you out; I remember the post you mentioned, but it doesn't explain my own situation. I never even recognize the swayback in Jessa's pictures, oop.

Dude it's a door knob for a cabinet I think

So they're out of toilet paper?? :?

These guesses are so funny to me. I thought it might be an oddly placed towel hook or something. :lol:

Whatever it is, it's definitely mounted on the wall (you can tell from the textured paint), not a cabinet or door. I can't imagine what it would be other than a toilet paper holder, but it isn't shaped quite right and there's not a roll on it!

I'm trying to imagine what sort of wrought iron thing you would have jutting out from the wall at waist level. It is too low to be a towel rack. It is the right height for toilet paper but it isn't shaped like any sort of toilet roll holder that I have seen.

My sister and I both have swaybacks. I thought it was genetic? Or maybe just bad posture. We didn't carry any babies around in our childhoods. I'm not calling you out; I remember the post you mentioned, but it doesn't explain my own situation. I never even recognize the swayback in Jessa's pictures, oop.

My family too!

Unfortunately, we can't see hinges and, therefore, cannot determine which way door opens. If it opens to the right (reversed image, so would actually be left) then wouldn't be toilet paper holder as door would be problem? If door opens other way, and if that is, in fact, the bathroom, then it COULD be tp holder, in which case they probably need to go to store to replenish tp supply. This is the extent of my sleuthing skills.

ETA: I don't think Jessa is swayback(ed?). She's just sticking out her tummy.

I have lived my whole life in Southern California and I know many people who can't swim. A few years ago I read an article about kids from lower income neighborhoods who had never even been to the beach even though it was a few miles away. Some of these kids have never even left their own neighborhoods in their lifetimes. Not every kid has the opportunity to go regularly to a pool or beach and swim. Many lower economic neighborhoods don't have don't have parks with pools and the kids surely don't have friends with pools. They aren't going to camp every summer. Someone isn't backwards because they can't swim.

Seriously. I have to say some of the assumptions about what " everyone" knows and does are pretty mind blowing. I get the Duggar's have money, now, but swimming may just never have been a big deal in their family . If you don't know lots of people with backyard pools and just go recreational swimming at an occasional public pool or lake or the beach - how likely is it that all the kids would know how to swim, and swim well enough to be completely comfortable and safe in deep water. Just for regular, everyday people it can be a skill not many children have ---- Even public pools cost money. A couple of dollars can be a deal breaker for many families. Let alone the community center / Y swim lessons that can add on an extra $40 to a family budget, per kid, per session of classes. Plus transportation there. Plus a parent taking time off work to get the kid to and from the activity. And all of these activity classes always seem to be geared towards families with SAHP's who can take time out during the day.

Maybe it's something that can be genetic or caused by environmental factors?

I dunno-- I wish I could remember who it was... that would make it pretty easy to locate her posts on the subject.

Where are our degreed medical professionalsTM when we need them?! :shifty:

Maybe it's something that can be genetic or caused by environmental factors?

I dunno-- I wish I could remember who it was... that would make it pretty easy to locate her posts on the subject.

Where are our degreed medical professionalsTM when we need them?! :shifty:

I'm not a degreed medical professional (just the daughter of two), but the same medical problem can be caused by a variety of things. For example, many times scoliosis (sideways curvature of the spine) has unknown causes, but it can be caused by neuromuscular disorders, injury, certain infections, tumors, and more.

The mighty Wikipedia sites different causes of swayback: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis

I tried to learn to swim, but couldn't. I also never could ride a bicycle. Turns out it may be related to Menieres Disease.

Whatever it is, it's definitely mounted on the wall (you can tell from the textured paint), not a cabinet or door. I can't imagine what it would be other than a toilet paper holder, but it isn't shaped quite right and there's not a roll on it!

That was exactly my logic. What else could it be? It's the right height, and it's mounted to the wall. I've seen plenty of people not use their toilet paper holders and instead leave the roll on top of the toilet (hate that! It frightens your guests!). So, you never know...???

Climate does make a difference but Arkansas is always sweltering. Hot Springs is surrounded by lakes and the kids swimming were said to be Ben's siblings from Hot Springs.

Are bows the infant version of long curly hair? I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to adorn or decorate a child with a headband.

They all do it. Is this a Gothard thing?

I am pages behind on this thread.

I know a lot of people who put headbands on their babies. I is/was a member of a mommy forum and when talking about the members to my poor husband, I'd give them nicknames. One was "headband baby lady." If you were to look at her Instagram feed you'd see that her daughter is wearing a headband 99% of the time. Two years of all headbands, all the time. It's so weird to me. I think they are hideous. And they look like they dig into her skin. She IS super christian but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think a lot of people are just worried people will think their kid is the opposite sex by accident.

Something has been bothering me for a while and I'm not sure if it is my memory fail or it really happened. I seem to recall that in one episode of 19 K and Counting, before Ben and Jessa were engaged, Ben was talking about purchasing a piece of property near his hometown with the idea of building a house. My memory of the episode is of him showing the property and talking about building on it. I keep thinking that he had different plans for his (and Jessa's) life before he moved to Tonitown and into the storage building--and under JB's thumb. Anyone else remember this? I have not been able to find the episode yet. Sorry if this sends the thread off in another direction--not a fan of the headbands either!!

Yes. According to old wives tales high is girl and low is boy.

Granted, they also say morning sickness in the first trimester indicates you'll have a girl. I think the Duchess of Cambridge would beg to differ on that. :lol:

Me too. I had the same ailment as Kate and I had a boy.

Obligatory selfie reversal:

UZAVb64l.jpg

I'm thinking she's in her (or somebody's) bathroom. What's that hook-type-thing at door knob height?

It looks like a toilet paper holder.

Is it me or is that tight tshirt meant to defraud anyone who will look?

On the one hand it is clear she is feeling very secure and confident in her sexuality and that is how a newlywed should feel.

On the otherhand--JB must not be pleased at all.

Her lips look like she has had them filled--or at least the lower one. Is that safe during pregnancy?

I have seen that shape. Its weird and new. Its kind of like a hook.

On the one hand it is clear she is feeling very secure and confident in her sexuality and that is how a newlywed should feel.

Her lips look like she has had them filled--or at least the lower one. Is that safe during pregnancy?

I think she looks confident too. I am not sure her bottom lip looks filled- she may just be jutting it out or using a gloss with a plumper. I read lips as hips at first and nearly fainted.

I believe I've seen her poofy lower lip before this. Too lazy to look for pics, though. You can call her confident, but to me, it looks ..... smug.

If she's smug because she's nominally out from JB's thumb and the TTH, well, good for her. If she's smug because she's so "holier and virginal-er than thou", then PHOOEY.

Archived