IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Oh wow! That would be something. I can imagine a show starring Jessa and Bin and baby with background in-laws. It would be boring as heck but the Duggars were boring as heck. It's all about the ratings and if their fans want to watch them and TLC can get advertisers then it will be greenlighted. Huh. How funny if the Seewalds practically throwing Bin at Jessa ends up paying off financially for the whole family.

The boringness is partially why I rarely watched but I can see people getting sucked in with all the craziness.

I think it would be funny if they had a show but refused to let the rest of the Duggars be part of it.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think that the Seewald family, Ben's dad, mom, siblings, Jessa, and Ben are attempting to get their own reality show in the works right now, hence the public condemnation of Josh? It is interesting how even Ben's sister is getting media attention over her Josh stance now. I could totally see Ben's dad wanting his own show, his actions have screamed fame-whore since I heard of him, from sending his son to date/stalk Jessa and his blog, in my opinion at least. Ben's mom seems a little more camera shy but she would do whatever her headship wants.

Ding Ding Ding and it will be called Keeping up with the Seewalds and it will feature Ben, Jessa, the baby and Danielle and Jessica :angry-banghead: :nenner: :dance:

guarantee it

it's the first thing I thought of when the sister in law got a mention on page 6

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think that the Seewald family, Ben's dad, mom, siblings, Jessa, and Ben are attempting to get their own reality show in the works right now, hence the public condemnation of Josh? It is interesting how even Ben's sister is getting media attention over her Josh stance now. I could totally see Ben's dad wanting his own show, his actions have screamed fame-whore since I heard of him, from sending his son to date/stalk Jessa and his blog, in my opinion at least. Ben's mom seems a little more camera shy but she would do whatever her headship wants.

There's no way they could pull off a show. They only have a few kids, everyone is of average height/looks/intelligence, no particularly special talents...there's no hook there. And the dad is majorly off-putting. I still remember that prayer he said over Ben on his wedding day, and the little interview he did at the rehearsal dinner (or wherever it was where he was talking about how they're going to irritate each other)...all that talk of divorce was incredibly strange.

I think the Seewalds are desperate for the attention, but TLC is not going to touch anybody remotely related to the Duggars. Plenty of other fundies out there.

Oh wow! That would be something. I can imagine a show starring Jessa and Bin and baby with background in-laws. It would be boring as heck but the Duggars were boring as heck. It's all about the ratings and if their fans want to watch them and TLC can get advertisers then it will be greenlighted. Huh. How funny if the Seewalds practically throwing Bin at Jessa ends up paying off financially for the whole family.

If it was focused on Jessa dealing with the transition from Gothardism to Calvinism I'd watch. There's a few similarities but at the core they are very different. I like to study denominations/cults of the Christian faith so to see Jessa step out of cult land into a fully recognized form of Baptist would be fun. Lots of splodey heads.

Who wants to wager that Jilly Muffin announces that she's pregnant RIGHT BEFORE Jessa's due date?

Smuggar 2.0 is trying so hard ot stay in the limelight and the Dullards steal her thunder..oh, yeah and then there's all that business with the original Smug.

I think the Seewalds are desperate for the attention, but TLC is not going to touch anybody remotely related to the Duggars. Plenty of other fundies out there.

I'm sure TLC is right now scoping out (and doing in-depth background checks on) TV friendly fundies to replace the disgraced, but there has to be a gimmick associated with them. Dwarfs are always the first choice, but at this point even they would probably require an additional twist to make them interesting.

The Seewalds - Jessa included - have nothing to offer. In fact, if TLC had a Memory Charm it could use, they'd scrub the Duggars from everyone's minds.

Tldr: even strong, opinionated, non-fundy women can have their weddings hijacked by family, although I have no idea if Jessa got the wedding she wanted or not. Weddings can make even delightful people batshit crazy.

Snipped for brevity.

I was so glad when my wedding was over. It was a PITA to plan. My Maxwellian family was a PITA throughout the whole engagement. I fervently wish that we just went to the courthouse and got it done.

My folks paid for the wedding so according to the Golden Rule as in "he who has the gold makes the rules" they were pushing to get the wedding they wanted. We had it at a nice but reasonable place but my folks were all about spending the money, "no we won't pay for an open bar because we are against people getting drunk at weddings" or "we don't want to invite so and so from Mr. No's family because it would make it more his family than ours and that's not fair". "Or don't choose this entree because it's more money". On and on.

And all along I recently learned from my aunt that my Mom was bitching about my getting married and leaving the Maxwellian home. She did not want me to get married and made a few power plays that I felt at the time were meant to get me or Mr. No to back off, such as trying to insert herself into an argument we were having and making things more complicated. Her response when I told her to back off, was that maybe I should postpone things.

So the wedding was a bit hijacked by family who did not want me to get married. :wtf:

ETA: Sorry but had to rant there a bit. Carry on.

Snipped for brevity.

I was so glad when my wedding was over. It was a PITA to plan. My Maxwellian family was a PITA throughout the whole engagement. I fervently wish that we just went to the courthouse and got it done.

My folks paid for the wedding so according to the Golden Rule as in "he who has the gold makes the rules" they were pushing to get the wedding they wanted. We had it at a nice but reasonable place but my folks were all about spending the money, "no we won't pay for an open bar because we are against people getting drunk at weddings" or "we don't want to invite so and so from Mr. No's family because it would make it more his family than ours and that's not fair". "Or don't choose this entree because it's more money". On and on.

And all along I recently learned from my aunt that my Mom was bitching about my getting married and leaving the Maxwellian home. She did not want me to get married and made a few power plays that I felt at the time were meant to get me or Mr. No to back off, such as trying to insert herself into an argument we were having and making things more complicated. Her response when I told her to back off, was that maybe I should postpone things.

So the wedding was a bit hijacked by family who did not want me to get married. :wtf:

ETA: Sorry but had to rant there a bit. Carry on.

Rant away! No need to apologize!

I'm unattached, but because I'm now edging closer to the big 2-5, my mom has already started outlining what she wants at my eventual wedding. Knows what venues she would like, what sort of dress she wants me to wear (thank god we mostly have similar fashion sense), what she's going to wear, what persona she'll take on when we go on Say Yes To The Dress... She does it for my sister too, and jokes that she started doing it more after the Supreme Court decision (my sister is gay, though our state has allowed same-sex marriage for years before it went national). It's all in good fun and I'm willing to go along with what she wants if she pays for it -- but only to a point. I think that I'm more willing than others because my parents are pretty liberal types who, if they enforce the Golden Rule you mentioned, would probably put on a damn good party. I might end up paying for it myself anyway if I'm either financially at a place to do the sort of wedding I'd like to do, or decide to go smaller and just do a courthouse ceremony and a smaller party later.

what's with this Smuggar 2.0 crapola

she didn't molest anyone ore cheat on her spouse

get a new nickname

yes she has issues - but try another name

like #jessathevirginbride or Crash test Jessa

Smuggar 1.0 had that nickname LONG before we knew about the molestation or cheating. It's because he has always been over the top smug about his way of life and Jessa definitely deserves to be Smuggar 2.0.

well they were released all the pictures from Jessa's wedding and nothing original or that we haven't seen except for camera angles

i would have gotten excited if they sneaked a camera in for their first kiss

I think she misses the attention in a passive aggressive sort of way :D

Smuggar 1.0 had that nickname LONG before we knew about the molestation or cheating. It's because he has always been over the top smug about his way of life and Jessa definitely deserves to be Smuggar 2.0.

no need to school me :violin:

What a dick move to release a photo dump of her wedding when Amy's wedding story is still on the media rounds. Wow. She couldn't let Amy have her one little weekend without some ME ME ME story.

I guess we know who is Smuggar now. No one cares about your adoptions that are not happening. No one cares about your spinoff. Maybe it's time to get a JOB.

What a dick move to release a photo dump of her wedding when Amy's wedding story is still on the media rounds. Wow. She couldn't let Amy have her one little weekend without some ME ME ME story.

I guess we know who is Smuggar now. No one cares about your adoptions that are not happening. No one cares about your spinoff. Maybe it's time to get a JOB.

I suspect Jessa is in major panic mode now that it's clear that the family brand is done. It was bad enough with Joshgate 1.0 but with 2.0, it was the nail on the coffin with no hope of resurrection.

I suspect that things are really tense in the Benessa household these days with a baby on the way and the TLC gravy train over courtesy. This is not how she or Ben envisioned life would be for them.

Archived