IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

"Lovin' on" and "Lovin' up" are old southern vernacular.

Remember in Oh Brother Where Art Thou...Delmar says

"Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad."

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Jessa ever said her plan for announcing the sex of her baby? I don't follow them on IG so I didn't know if I missed a comment or something on there stating they are waiting to find out or aren't revealing it until the birth or something? It's so out of character for the Duggars to not spread the Jender news all over so I've been so curious as to what Jessa's plans are!

If I remember correctly, Benessa is keeping it a surprise until the kid is born. So unusual for the Duggars, but not surprised.

The one cool thing about that silly lion/abortion picture is that it means she's up to date on current events. That's kind of cool, actually. I'm glad that she's at least aware of news stories, even when they have seemingly no relevance to her or her life.

building on VelociRapture's post - how about Audrey Rose

How about Emily Rose? Like the girl from one of the Exorcist movies? :lol:

OMG, take that damned headband off that baby - we get she's a GIRL!! :angry-banghead: (aren't those thing dangerous anyway?)

Maybe it's because this is the second time I'm seeing this pic, or maybe I'm desensitized to giant hairbows after seeing so many of them on here, but the bag of garbage is what jumped out at me. Nice photo composition! :clap:

That would be terribly ironic and funny if Baby Benessa was born on the 31st October. :nenner:

Maybe they would name the baby Doug O'Ween Seewald.

Does it make me a terrible person that I'm secretly hoping the baby is born that day? And that they name the little demon one Damian or Rosemary? :twisted:

Nope, not at all.

I'll go you one further and say I hope that little Deemonwald is dressed in a tiny pumpkin costume when he makes his grand appearance on Halloween. :lol:

Picked Audrey Rose from the 70's horror novel turned movie of the same name with the reincarnated child.

If we're going exorcist - Regan I believe was character Linda Blair played.

Jessa and Ben are two uneducated fundies. They could benefit from PP. Both of them are unemployed and technically poor. Unless you count the speaking engagements but these two idiots can't speak about shit.

I didn't realize the phrase "loving on" was so controversial. It's kind of just something everyone (everyone here at least) says.

-When there's a new baby- "Oh, pass him over so I can love on him!"

-New kittens/puppies: "They're just loving all over me!"

-When someone is sick (usually terminally ill): "I've been praying for and loving on them just as much as I can!"

I guess I just don't get all the hate on this particular regional phrase.

I'm not southern, or fundie, and don't really know any people in either category in real life, but I hear that phrase sometimes. I like it. There isn't really another phrase that fits for what it is.

I hate to say it, but I really think people find snarking on southern regional phrases and accents and customs socially acceptable. Not intentionally, and I'm not talking about posters on this thread specifically.

Maybe it's because this is the second time I'm seeing this pic, or maybe I'm desensitized to giant hairbows after seeing so many of them on here, but the bag of garbage is what jumped out at me. Nice photo composition! :clap:

The gigantic bows on baby girls isn't just a fundie thing either. I am in a mothers of multiples group and I swear everyone who does newborn photos has a satellite dish sized bow on the baby girls. Also, they are all stuffed into what looks like a large straight jacket or sock, or naked. Every time I see a pic of a naked baby I just imagine it shitting all over the place during the photo shoot. Plus I was way too busy and overwhelmed to do photos.

I'm not southern, or fundie, and don't really know any people in either category in real life, but I hear that phrase sometimes. I like it. There isn't really another phrase that fits for what it is.

I hate to say it, but I really think people find snarking on southern regional phrases and accents and customs socially acceptable. Not intentionally, and I'm not talking about posters on this thread specifically.

Things I say instead of "loving on" .. I am spending time with my friend's baby, I am hanging out with the baby, I am hugging and kissing the baby. It basically never comes up so I don't really know how I'd say it, but it would not be "loving on" as that sounds sexual to me. I had no idea where the phrase was from, just that it sounded grossly inappropriate, so for me it wasn't anti-Southern sentiments or anything (my fam lives in the south, I'm not a fan, but I don't hate it or purposefully nitpick everything Southern).

I use and support planned parenthood which is weird because I don't even get abortions, right? I just like preventing cancer. I saw the video and honestly I was saddened by the fetus parts but I'm fine with tissue donation. The thing is, if they really wanted to reduce abortions they would go about it a different way. To reduce abortions you don't criminalize the procedure. You increase access to birth control, teach realistic safe sex, and provide programs for people who want to keep the baby like healthcare and education and assistance so they don't feel like they dont have a choice. Proven techniques in other countries. But no, they hate all social programs.

That picture would only reinforce her beliefs. She thinks birth control is evil, and there's no need for STD testing if you're a virgin and you marry a virgin, which is the only right and godly way to do things, after all. Just further proof that Planned Parenthood is run by Satan.

That picture would only reinforce her beliefs. She thinks birth control is evil, and there's no need for STD testing if you're a virgin and you marry a virgin, which is the only right and godly way to do things, after all. Just further proof that Planned Parenthood is run by Satan.

For some reason I've been under the impression that it only matters if the girls were virgins. Didn't we come to the conclusion that Ben and Derick both weren't still holding their V-cards because otherwise it would have been repeatedly shoved in our faces? And if that is the case, both likely used birth control of some kind?

Also: I think Jessa Blessa's having a boy. Her face is still really normal, so... she's either A+++ with the contouring, or it's not likely a girl and she and Jilly Muffin can endlessly obsess about how they'll be the bestest headships ever in leading the packs of their umpteen siblings and cousins.

I'd be surprised if the Duggar girls married non-virgins. Virginity is really important for both men and women in their culture.

For some reason I've been under the impression that it only matters if the girls were virgins. Didn't we come to the conclusion that Ben and Derick both weren't still holding their V-cards because otherwise it would have been repeatedly shoved in our faces? And if that is the case, both likely used birth control of some kind?

Also: I think Jessa Blessa's having a boy. Her face is still really normal, so... she's either A+++ with the contouring, or it's not likely a girl and she and Jilly Muffin can endlessly obsess about how they'll be the bestest headships ever in leading the packs of their umpteen siblings and cousins.

Since when is the shape of one's face indicative of whether mom is carrying a boy or a girl? Same as the way a woman is carrying. Has nothing to do with the sex of the baby.

And I think Ben most likely as well as Derick still had their V-cards. I feel like maybe Derick kissed a girl or two but I don't think Ben had. Just based on the fact that Deeick had attended college and probably had more freedom, but I don't think he would have had sex. He just seems kind of shy and with him being a missionary of sorts I just don't see it. Ben was just really young and in his circle I don't see him having had any other relationships before Jessa, again based on his family's beliefs.

I'm hoping for Lilith. It's such a pretty name!

I think the big bows are fashionable right now. I have seen them around.

If they are doing it for Gothard reasons, though, it would probably have to do with reinforcing gender stereotypes. We can't have anybody mistaking a girl baby for a boy baby.

I'm hoping for Lilith. It's such a pretty name!

Or they could continue the "J" tradition and name a daughter Jezebel! Jezebel Lilith Seewald sounds perfect to me! :dance:

I'd love to see if you could figure out which of my pregnancies were a girl and which is a boy (I've had one of each) from my pictures. I'd post the pics, but I can't figure out how.

I'd be surprised if the Duggar girls married non-virgins. Virginity is really important for both men and women in their culture.

I think the biggest evidence that Ben and Derrick were both virgins is that no one has come forward to say "I slept with him!" in magazines. Maybe if they did sleep with someone before, that person is a normal, not camera seeking person but think of the articles they could be a part of!!

No, definitely not. The men are expected and commanded to stay virgins till marriage just like the women. They also aren't allowed to kiss, give away pieces of their hearts, etc. Usually they have to follow modesty standards as well (I.e. No going shirtless even at the pool). A fundie girl and/or her father would definitely be asking about a potential spouse's sexual history, and if he had one it would probably disqualify him (unless he was truly repentant and used it as a testimony or something, but even then...).

Also please keep in mind that Ben was all of 17 when he started courting Jessa. Not exactly difficult to stay a virgin till 17. Derick most likely was, too. He bought into that whole belief system. I know men who remained virgins all through university for religious reasons and they were way more liberal than Derick.

Or they could continue the "J" tradition and name a daughter Jezebel! Jezebel Lilith Seewald sounds perfect to me! :dance:

Yes! And Judas Lucifer Seewald for a boy!

Archived