IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

I'm thinking she's not pregnant right now, but part of me is leaning strongly toward wanting to lock down on him. Didn't things end badly with Mr. Dill Pickle because she cheated on him, but then he took her back? Maybe she thinks he's a keeper because he's willing to put up with her shenanigans.

(Please correct me if I got that wrong, I'm not quite up to date on all things Amy)

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to try to keep an eye on the local newspaper's engagement & weddings section: http://celebrations.nwaonline.com/engagement/

Unlike the ATI crowd, who seems to never announce weddings/engagements in the papers, I bet Amy wants her picture in her local paper.

I'm assuming the Dillards won't return from South America for the Amy weddingpalooza, but I guess everyone else will be there--including Josh & family?

I doubt any Bateseseses will drive over for it, especially since they will have just finished with Michaela's wedding.

This season premiered in February, assuming about 20 episodes the September timing doesn't make sense. Unless they were planning on a stupid makes no sense TLC break and planned to come back for Amy's wedding and baby Blessa.

Actually, Now that I think about it, this timing is perfect. Anna was due a couple weeks ago, Jessa is due in November, so this allows three very special episodes for Amy's wedding and the two births. Plus, Josiah should be heating up by now, so maybe a proposal. That's your storylines for Part II or for next season, to run February 2016.

Actually, Now that I think about it, this timing is perfect. Anna was due a couple weeks ago, Jessa is due in November, so this allows three very special episodes for Amy's wedding and the two births. Plus, Josiah should be heating up by now, so maybe a proposal. That's your storylines for Part II or for next season, to run February 2016.

Except no Josiah proposal now (unless you were just spouting off what TLC had in mind...)

Except no Josiah proposal now (unless you were just spouting off what TLC had in mind...)

LOL, yea, no very special episodes of anything now.

But I think it would make sense that maybe TLC had done some planning/booking and that's why the date seems so soon. She could have actually been engaged for months.

LOL, yea, no very special episodes of anything now.

But I think it would make sense that maybe TLC had done some planning/booking and that's why the date seems so soon. She could have actually been engaged for months.

I bet they were unofficially engaged for quite a while and they were following a TLC protocol until everything got unplugged. For all we know they would have been there now filming the wedding-prep madness for a series of VSEs later in the next season.

I really could not give two hoots about why Famy is getting married.

IF I hear a Duggar or someone say "and the baby came early" that's when I will care.

My mother used that statement when my Nephew was conceived 3 weeks before wedlock. She lied to people about the due date, it was really backwards on her part.

The rest of the family? We were just happy we had a cute baby Nephew / grandson that we could spoil rotten? Stuff when he was conceived!!

Dear Duggars,

Amy looks gorgeous, happy, and completely normal in her engagement photos. Please note that you can, in fact, show a bit of shoulder and front hug your Fiance without being a sinful, horrible, evil temptress who wants nothing more than to defraud young men everywhere.

Sincerely,

Those of us who don't worship some old guy with a funny last name and a foot fetish

Amy's engagement pics on Instagram... It's early and I'm tired, but is that dress burlap?

I think this is going to be a Pinterest wedding to the core. It should be fantastic.

This is probably because I'm currently planning a wedding, but I find that point of view to be a bit unfair in a lot of cases.

My view of it is if it conflicts with your plans or you find it selfish, just don't go. I'm assuming no one is forcing you to attend - so just RSVP with a no. If you're immediate family (like its your child getting married) then that is a lot tougher - my view is that the couple should try and accommodate their schedules as well as the schedules of any immediate family members they really want there.

VelociRapture, dear, you hit the nail right on the head. These couples are children of Mr. Four's cousins', and none of the spouses have been introduced to us. To be honest, we would neither of us recognize the actual first cousin once removed bride or groom. It's been THAT LONG since we've seen them.

I find that sort of invitation to be a gift grift, but Mr. Four says "it's family" and we should go. I've managed to miss two. I'll be going to the third. :cry:

]

A Duggar wedding can be done in two months. Look, these are not classy people who want the wedding to be nice and enjoyable for their attendees. Elegant they are not. They revel in their cheapness and doing things backwards. They just want to be photographed and get a lot of gifts. Food will probably include three kinds of pickles so the future hubby can be represented.

I am actually surprised at what sorts of shenanigans go on at Duggar weddings. The college fight song as a recessional? Running out of the church? The church I attend wouldn't allow that sort of music. Perhaps they're staid, but only certain repertoire is permitted for a solemn occasion such as contracting a marriage. Running out of the church? Who does that? Carrying the bride into the reception? Wrapping the car with plastic wrap? So much of this seems so very immature and disrespectful to what's going on. Of course, I don't even like people mashing cake into each other's faces... so.

Amy's engagement pics on Instagram... It's early and I'm tired, but is that dress burlap?

I think this is going to be a Pinterest wedding to the core. It should be fantastic.

Maybe we should create some sort of bingo card (like folks do for Presidential candidate debates) for the wedding/reception--

"burlap"

"mason jar"

"chalk board"

"cowboy boots on bridesmaids"

"hay bales"

"too much self tanner"

"glimpse of a hip flask on a groomsman"

"ruined mascara"

"JimBob takes the mic at the reception"

"glum Josiah sighting"

Maybe we should create some sort of bingo card (like folks do for Presidential candidate debates) for the wedding/reception--

"burlap"

"mason jar"

"chalk board"

"cowboy boots on bridesmaids"

"hay bales"

"too much self tanner"

"glimpse of a hip flask on a groomsman"

"ruined mascara"

"JimBob takes the mic at the reception"

"glum Josiah sighting"

A sign that says "pick a seat not a side"

Amy singing

Baby's breath flowers

Jessa sticking out her pregnant belly

Jill holding Israel incorrectly

A homemade photo booth

Any mustache decorations

A great shot of Derick's mustache

A picture suspiciously missing Josh

Paper straws

A bird cage as a card holder

(I'm currently planning a wedding and spending lots of time on Pinterest. I don't think any of these things are bad, they're just WAY overdone on that site)

VelociRapture, dear, you hit the nail right on the head. These couples are children of Mr. Four's cousins', and none of the spouses have been introduced to us. To be honest, we would neither of us recognize the actual first cousin once removed bride or groom. It's been THAT LONG since we've seen them.

I find that sort of invitation to be a gift grift, but Mr. Four says "it's family" and we should go. I've managed to miss two. I'll be going to the third. :cry:

Ah! Now that's a different story all together then!

Yeah, those types of weddings I would feel no obligation to attend. They may be family, but you guys barely know them at this point. At least you'll get booze and cake out of it! :lol:

A sign that says "pick a seat not a side"

Amy singing

Baby's breath flowers

Jessa sticking out her pregnant belly

Jill holding Israel incorrectly

A homemade photo booth

Any mustache decorations

A great shot of Derick's mustache

A picture suspiciously missing Josh

Paper straws

A bird cage as a card holder

(I'm currently planning a wedding and spending lots of time on Pinterest. I don't think any of these things are bad, they're just WAY overdone on that site)

CAN I GET AN AMEN?! :worship:

I avoid Pinterest at this point. The ideas are cute, but I feel like its just another way to get us to waste money on an already expensive event. As long as we have good food (check), good cake (check), and copious amounts of booze (double check) we're good!

I admit, we will have a Photo booth though. The book of pictures they put together from it is going to double as our guest book though, so I'm just going to call that a win.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?! :worship:

I avoid Pinterest at this point. The ideas are cute, but I feel like its just another way to get us to waste money on an already expensive event. As long as we have good food (check), good cake (check), and copious amounts of booze (double check) we're good!

I admit, we will have a Photo booth though. The book of pictures they put together from it is going to double as our guest book though, so I'm just going to call that a win.

I love Pinterest because it gives me good ideas and helps me sort out what I want and what my style is. I have a lot of DIY stuff pinned too - I think Pinterest is going to end up saving money in the end for that reason, possibly at the cost of sanity :) I've even seen photographers request a Pinterest board so they can get an idea of what you're looking for photography-wise.

The fiancé and I aren't having a photo booth because we're cheap, but I have nothing against them! I've been to a wedding where they were used as a guest book and it was a really fun idea! It's not the photo booth that's tacky, it's all of the Pinterest stuff put together that ends up looking unoriginal and cheesy, in my opinion. I'm a little more leery about the homemade photo booths because, although they look great on Pinterest, I haven't seen any in person or on Facebook that turn out the way they're supposed to. But I'm sure they could be done well. It's all a matter of personal taste anyway :)

I HATE THOSE PAPER STRAWS. They fall apart halfway through your event and become a gloppy mess. So, yea, Amy will have those too.

I'll also add in one of those stupid arrow signs on one pole, like you would have for distance for various towns, that say "reception" or "outhouse" or something.

And a good chance of a fire of some kind.

I checked out Amy's gift registry and most of the items are still available for purchase. If this was supposed to be a grift grab, then it's not working.

I think that her grift grab is much more "reasonable" than her cousins. She isn't asking for a crazy number of towels, laptops, or restaurant gift cards.

Also, why the rush to get married? One month only?

PS. Sorry if this has all been mentioned.

I checked out Amy's gift registry and most of the items are still available for purchase. If this was supposed to be a grift grab, then it's not working.

I think that her grift grab is much more "reasonable" than her cousins. She isn't asking for a crazy number of towels, laptops, or restaurant gift cards.

This has all been mentioned upthread, including her asking for enough barware to keep Keith Richards adequately hydrated for a week.

They've got a joint Instagram account now: instagram.com/official_dillandduggs/ and she also mentions on her solo account that she "won't be a Duggar much longer". I guess the shine is off that name!

How long has the registry been up? For all we know she may not have even sent the invitations yet.

While maybe she hasn't asked for crazy things like gift cards and guns (although 3 ice buckets seems excessive to me), she is asking for very expensive gifts. Amy seems to have very expensive tastes. Kate Spade everything. I could never expect my wedding guests to personally fund my designer dream placemats and oven mitts.

This has all been mentioned upthread, including her asking for enough barware to keep Keith Richards adequately hydrated for a week.

They've got a joint Instagram account now: instagram.com/official_dillandduggs/ and she also mentions on her solo account that she "won't be a Duggar much longer". I guess the shine is off that name!

Brilliant deduction !! _ I love this post !!!

I am betting you that is one of the reasons for the fast engagement

it makes perfect sense in her little world

and I am being shallow but big surprise I like the pictures

and no I won't be buying her anything :cracking-up: :penguin-no:

I checked out her registry last night. I knows its been said numerous times already but all that bar ware!!!!!! And IMO 139.99 for a trashcan is stupid.

My registry consisted of a few expensive items because my mom said that some of my relatives wants to get a gift rather than write a check. But the the rest of my registry took a nose dive in price because I didn't want my younger cousins, and my friends starting out in life to have to think they had to buy me something super fancy. I know I would feel bad if I went to a wedding and the only thing I could afford off the registry would be 2 cloth napkins. So I had like tons of stuff $5-$15 that I actually really really needed and loved getting.

Amy's I do think is aimed toward she would only use or get if it was free for her, so aka grift,

Does she realize "duggs" is a vulgar word for (large) breasts.

While maybe she hasn't asked for crazy things like gift cards and guns (although 3 ice buckets seems excessive to me), she is asking for very expensive gifts. Amy seems to have very expensive tastes. Kate Spade everything. I could never expect my wedding guests to personally fund my designer dream placemats and oven mitts.

Hey Famy, if you want expensive things, GET A JOB and SAVE UP FOR THEM like normal people do. Just because you are (unfortunately) gifted with a certain last name, doesn't make you entitled to free and expensive things!

Archived