IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw someone in a FB group post whose name is Chris Christopher.  I thought of this immediately. 

Sydney's famous crooked policeman (currently awaiting a trial on a drug-deal-turned-murder) is named "Roger Rogerson". There's a William McWilliams who's high up in the Australian armed forces too... :my_dodgy:

I feel really bad for Josiah. So Marjorie broke up with him after the scandal broke. and now they are supposed to be back together...because of what exactly? If I were Josiah I would be very suspicious of her: Why does she want me back now? Because the show goes on under a different name? Bcause her parents talked her into it? Maybe he also feels pressure from his side of the family with him not being a stereotypical fundie overly extreme masculine male, or just not being enough like his father. The poor guy :my_confused:

I have an ancestor named Evan Evans. 

I saw an Asser Asserson (or some such spelling) in my family when I was using ancestry.com but I'm convinced it much be a typo or something.

I saw an Asser Asserson (or some such spelling) in my family when I was using ancestry.com but I'm convinced it much be a typo or something.

If it's from a handwritten census or other document, it may be a transcription error. Ancestry's bad about that.

It was sooo far back and in another country so who knows. I never actually got that far back in my own research.

On 11/1/2015 at 1:56 AM, InThePrayerCloset said:
Sydney's famous crooked policeman (currently awaiting a trial on a drug-deal-turned-murder) is named "Roger Rogerson". There's a William McWilliams who's high up in the Australian armed forces too... :my_dodgy:

Harry Hairston was a reporter here in Detroit for one of our local TV news stations.

My great-great grandfather was named Hans Hansen. I have Danish ancestry.  Apparently, he was a sheriff in Nebraska who was so big and intimidating (and had a ferocious dog) that people called him the Great Dane. I like that story, though.

My great-great grandfather was named Hans Hansen. I have Danish ancestry.  Apparently, he was a sheriff in Nebraska who was so big and intimidating (and had a ferocious dog) that people called him the Great Dane. I like that story, though.

Nice! My great-great-grandfather was named Lars Larsen! He was from Norway, though. His son was also Lars Larsen. :pb_biggrin:

I was about 16 when cabbage patch dolls hit Sydney in a big way. One of my friends queued up and bought one, but the rest of us said we were too old for dolls. Secretly I really wanted one, so years later when I finally had a daughter I couldn't wait to buy her one. I was so disappointed that she didn't really like it :(

I was like 5 or 6 when the CPK craze was big in the US. My mom had a good friend who bought two after standing in line for hours, so she offered one to my mom to give me for Christmas. I got it, LOVED it, and got one every single year until I was a teenager. I still have all of them and I still love them, lol. Gave one to my boys to play with once. One hugged it a few times then put it down and went to play trucks. The other took it and tried to THROW IT IN THE FIREPLACE. :):) I'm just glad he doesn't have a baby sister!!! Side note: he's not a psychopath, he was like 1.5 years old then

They didn't kiss, hold hands, or spend time together without a chaperone.

It's like breaking up with the cashier at Target. How much can it really hurt if you don't even know each other??

They didn't kiss, hold hands, or spend time together without a chaperone.

they didn't give away pieces of their heart, in other words, they were watched carefully so others that want to court them in the future have some assurance they are getting involved with virgins.

I think cabbage patch dolls were just slightly before my time. My generation was all about the beanie babies. Just found a whole pile of them when my dad sold his house and my sister and I were sorting out all our old stuff. Probably like a hundred beanie babies. Of course we sold them all on Ebay and are now millionaires because as everyone knows, the value of beanie babies skyrocketed just like that little book said it would. HAHAHAHAHA.

oh i know some people like this, theres a lawyer not far from here whose name is erich ericsen or something like this.

shes written other books already might not even have anything to do with it all.

in that insta photo, he looks quite handsome actually seeing it is covering his receding hairline..

Not necessarily  if it was a Scandinavian person from way back when. People didn't always have last names but they were known as Firstname Fathersfirstnameson, (or daughter). So if his father's name was Asser and the son got the same first name he'd have been Asser Asserson.

Not necessarily  if it was a Scandinavian person from way back when. People didn't always have last names but they were known as Firstname Fathersfirstnameson, (or daughter). So if his father's name was Asser and the son got the same first name he'd have been Asser Asserson.

Wow. How unfortunate if that's the case!

Not all double names are given at birth. I knew a guy known as "Mitch" Mitchell. He had a totally different given name he didn't use much. I never knew if he just didn't like his first name, or if his buddies called him by his last name and then shortened it. I see names like that in the obituaries in the paper sometimes, too. David "Jack" Jackson and so on. 

Most of my FOO is of Scandinavian descent and we had a couple of older relatives with the first name, fathersfirstnameson such as Lars Larson, Carl Carlson, etc.

This is still the case in Iceland, where many people do not have surnames at all - just a first name and a patronym (or in some cases matronym). It would therefore not be at all unusual to encounter someone named Magnus Magnusson or Bryndis Bryndisardottir.

(source: Icelandic Ministry of the Interior)

True, though I think a Bryndis Bryndisardottir would be pretty unusual because matronyms are still pretty rare. It's becoming more common now.

I personally know a David Davis. I don't know why his parents did that to him.

True, though I think a Bryndis Bryndisardottir would be pretty unusual because matronyms are still pretty rare. It's becoming more common now.

I personally know a David Davis. I don't know why his parents did that to him.

I have a cousin named David Davis, I agree - weird to do that too your kiddo.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived