IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

You all make me feel old. I don't even know what some of these things are that you all are talking about. Ha!

Imagine how I feel, I know about all of these things, didn't have most of them (except for the Game Boy), and I'm two years older than you. :shock: :lol:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I was a child, we got excited when our neighbours invited us in to play Pong on their colour tv.

OMG Pong! I was so addicted to that. We had ours hooked up to a super small black & white tv.

Is Josiah courting Marjorie again? I've seen sources say they have been spotted together.And if he is courting her again, how would it be different from dating?

If they are back together again, we are going to have to rename this thread.

Imagine how I feel, I know about all of these things, didn't have most of them (except for the Game Boy), and I'm two years older than you. :shock: :lol:

I never had a game boy. The only handheld games I had were these little electronic Disney ones.

museumofplay.org/online-collections/images/Z004/Z00498/Z0049834.jpg

And before that, my brother had Electronic football. I never understood it but I liked the sounds it made and the way the buttons felt when it clicked. (Yeah, I was a strange child.)

handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/Mattel-Football.jpg

OMG Pong! I was so addicted to that. We had ours hooked up to a super small black & white tv.

What, you had more than one tv? We only had one, and it was black and white until it finally died one Olympics and my parents finally bought a colour one. We felt like we were the last kids in our school with black and white...except the Christadelphian family who didn't have one at all. No Pong in our home :(. My youngest brothers had very early handheld games, but not till I was older. It's incredible how technology has changed in 40 years.

We never had pong, we had frogger on the tv, and my dad had d&d on the computer. He printed out maps and his friends would come over and work stuff out on them. I just realized what a nerd my dad is. :lol:

Good question. I just hope they are not back because of the specials. :geek:

I didn';t think of that. Marjorie vanished when the show was cancelled, bu this won't be a regular series. unless she is hoping it goes that way. Im not saying she is trying to use the Dugggars, though, breaking up right after a show was cancelled and allegedly being spotted again on the heels of a special raises suspicion.

Re:Pong

Technology has come a long way. I recall how it let you change the paddle size on Pong and it got faster. On the Sega and Nintendo, also liked the game show cartridges the best, but liked Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog..I would never have the patience with today's video games.

I didn';t think of that. Marjorie vanished when the show was cancelled, bu this won't be a regular series. unless she is hoping it goes that way. Im not saying she is trying to use the Dugggars, though, breaking up right after a show was cancelled and allegedly being spotted again on the heels of a special raises suspicion.

IaVAORK.png thoughts?

What, you had more than one tv? We only had one, and it was black and white until it finally died one Olympics and my parents finally bought a colour one. We felt like we were the last kids in our school with black and white...except the Christadelphian family who didn't have one at all. No Pong in our home :(. My youngest brothers had very early handheld games, but not till I was older. It's incredible how technology has changed in 40 years.

I'm pretty sure that the second TV was either second hand or a gift (as was the Pong). Trust me, my dad never would have purchased them willingly. Our main TV was color, but as a child, I was the remote control!! "Turn to channel 2!", "Turn it up!".

I never had a game boy. The only handheld games I had were these little electronic Disney ones.

museumofplay.org/online-collections/images/Z004/Z00498/Z0049834.jpg

And before that, my brother had Electronic football. I never understood it but I liked the sounds it made and the way the buttons felt when it clicked. (Yeah, I was a strange child.)

handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/Mattel-Football.jpg

That football game is cool, I've never seen one of those before. Before I got a Gameboy, I had one of those handheld games that played pinball. Later, I got this really cool watch as a gift where you could play through the first full level of the original Legend of Zelda. I wish I'd kept it, those are pretty collectible now.

I'm impressed that so many people here were able to play Pong at home.

My son recently talked me into getting a Nintendo DS so that we could play co-op on his Super Smash Brothers game. :lol:

Wanted to mention, for those of you who have fond childhood memories of certain MS Dos games, here is an archive where you can play for free. They have slightly newer stuff, too.

archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Oregon Trail FTW!!

The first game system we had was Atari. I mostly played Outlaw and Bowling on it....when I could get my brother to let me have a turn.

IaVAORK.png thoughts?

I was told in a comment by dinnertime who was supposedly there that Marjorie and get DAD we're sitting together. So Idk.

I was told in a comment by dinnertime who was supposedly there that Marjorie and get DAD we're sitting together. So Idk.

Errr. Someone. Not dinnertime.

I think you might be talking about furby's cousin the Wuv Luv https://youtu.be/FdOpEwaMODg

That could be it. I thought it had taken a couple of weeks to lay the egg. She told me it was more like a year. I guess she didn't love it enough. :lol:

I was born in the 80s, and remember having to be the remote at the grandparents house.

Some of my friends and relatives had nintendo and atari, and one of those old computers with floppy disks. We got our first computer when I was in 2nd grade I think. We used Prodigy Internet and you couldn't use the phone and the internet at the same time.

I never had a nintendo but I did eventually get a sega and a gameboy. The games were so expensive and so I only had a handful.

We never had any video games. My dad hooked up the tv to the computer so we could play frogger in color, but that was it. We only had cable for a couple of years in New Mexico. When we moved to Arizona, no more. I had friends with video games, but I never really got into them. I think we must have had a second line for the internet though, because I don't remember there being a conflict over use of the phone.

i remember they showed it in the advertising on tv. if you love it enough it will lay and egg for you :lol:

Sweet, sweet furby fellowship.

If there's no news in the Josiah/Marjorie front, we could rename this thread "electronic games of our youth - and how those born before 1980 lost out?

I think there's an app where the Furby has a baby. The actual toy doesn't lay an egg. Can you imagine that thing waking up in the middle of the night, making noises, and then it multiplies. It's real life gremlins.

When furbys first came out in '98, I was a senior in high school, and my friend got 2 and I got 1. Her's hated each other. They would both talk to mine, and then I remember one of her's (furby 1) tried talking to furby 2, and furby 2 just said "boooring!" and fell asleep.

Off Topic: If Josiah reunites with Marjorie, will his missing heart pieces return? I'm not clear on the mechanics of this.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived