IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

I had a tamagotchi, NaNo Pet, and Giga Pet. I did Neopets, too. This would've been between the ages of about 10 and 13, so maybe 1998-2002 or so. I do remember that tamagotchis made a come back at some point when I was maybe in my late teens, which would have been around '05/'06, but I didn't get into it so my memory's vague on that point.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always had a public bathroom phobia but I would suppress the hell out that while at elemetary school during the Tamagotchi ban of 97. Only place you could hide and keep it alive!

Silly question: what did you do with tomagotchis while you were sleeping? If they can't make it through the school day without dying how did they make it through the night? Do they sleep when you sleep?

I think they went to sleep at night? God, I can't remember at all now... but you definitely didn't have to wake up in the night to take care of them, haha.

tamagotchi were huge here when I was a kid about 1998. There were lots of knockoffs. I once borrowed one because I didnt have the money to buy one(pocketmoney 1 dm a week price of tamagotchi 50 dm )

Did your kids do Neopets at all? Because after Tamagotchis and Giga Pets fell out of vogue, everyone (at least in my age group in the northeastern US) got really into Neopets. The peak of the Neopets craze was somewhere between 2003-5 in the US (so for me, 12-14 years old), so maybe it hit a little later in Australia?

No, they didn't do neopets. I just asked my daughter if she'd heard of them. She thinks they came into fashion sometime after tamagotchis here, when she had moved past the virtual pet stage. Since FJ is my secret obsession, I couldn't tell her why I was asking, so she assumed it had something to do with her birthday, which is in a couple of days. Please no, she said, don't get me one. (She's at uni, working, busy, no time or interest in virtual pets now!)

I prefer a live breathing cat to a virtual pet. I got a Furby as a gift, and hated the damn thing. So did the cat I had at the time.

tamagotchi were huge here when I was a kid about 1998. There were lots of knockoffs. I once borrowed one because I didnt have the money to buy one(pocketmoney 1 dm a week price of tamagotchi 50 dm )

Holy crap, Tamagotchis were 50 DM??? I can't believe my parents bought me one. :pink-shock:

Edited for riffle.

We never had anyhing like that, I only know robot babies from Neds declassified :lol:

We had classes where we were acquainted with condoms and other contraception(put a condom over your fingers). As practice.

and in other sex ed class we had a side cut model of a womans abdomen were you could push a tampon in to see how it looks like .

That is more then I got. I learned not to pet your date. We never even learned what sex was. Fun times in Utah in the late 90's. I got my parents to sign a for. Saying they were against me taking sex Ed after the second week of BS homework. I sat in the library and read our bodies ourselves. Much more informative then making posters that said things like pet your dog not your date.

Regarding Furbys, my niece got one for Christmas last year. I took great joy in making it evil. I am such a bad aunt.

I started teaching in the late 90s and I can't tell you how many Tamagotchis lived in my desk by the end of the year.

We did sacks of flour in one of my sex Ed classes, or you could attach a weight to a doll. I used my Cabbage Patch doll. In high school. I only left her in my locker once.

Regarding Furbys, my niece got one for Christmas last year. I took great joy in making it evil. I am such a bad aunt.

Furbies creep me out. I had one and it would chatter randomly after I'd gone to bed. Nothing like a creepy little toy talking "furbish" to you in the dark of night to make for sweet dreams.

:shifty-kitty:

Furbies creep me out. I had one and it would chatter randomly after I'd gone to bed. Nothing like a creepy little toy talking "furbish" to you in the dark of night to make for sweet dreams.

:shifty-kitty:

I thought Furbies were born evil.

I thought Furbies were born evil.

This is why I like them. Wicked, evil things. I really do want one of the new ones as they have multiple personalities :)

My SIL got one years ago that after a few days started freaking out and then birthed an egg. :shock: It was... um... entertaining.

My SIL got one years ago that after a few days started freaking out and then birthed an egg. :shock: It was... um... entertaining.

I can't help but misread this as 'my SIL birthed an egg'.

Aw, so much Furby hate on this thread! ;) I loved my first furby, granted it was startling when it turned on while stuck in a drawer. I was over it when the baby furbies came out. I never had one lay an egg though. :shock:

Is Josiah courting Marjorie again? I've seen sources say they have been spotted together.And if he is courting her again, how would it be different from dating?

we only had the mcd furbies (smaller ) and they were annoying enough, My parents never bought as any annoying toys :lol: if we wanted them we had to pay them from our pocket money or rely on relatives(our great aunt got us two game boys with tetris in christmas 1990 8-) that was enough for our mom. Pokemon(who here had pokemon red or blue?) games and subsequent gaming devices had to bought by pocket money, and if it meant you dint hve money for a present for a family member then you still got it confiscated.

You all make me feel old. I don't even know what some of these things are that you all are talking about. Ha!

You all make me feel old. I don't even know what some of these things are that you all are talking about. Ha!

But you know who Clara is, so you're up on the important stuff. ;)

Aw, so much Furby hate on this thread! ;) I loved my first furby, granted it was startling when it turned on while stuck in a drawer. I was over it when the baby furbies came out. I never had one lay an egg though. :shock:

FURBIES LAY EGGS NOW???

But you know who Clara is, so you're up on the important stuff. ;)

Personally, I like to pretend you actually are Clara. Everything you post I read in her voice. :D

Personally, I like to pretend you actually are Clara. Everything you post I read in her voice. :D

Uh oh. Poor Clara!

Is Josiah courting Marjorie again? I've seen sources say they have been spotted together.And if he is courting her again, how would it be different from dating?

Good question. I just hope they are not back because of the specials. :geek:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived