IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Tony is only going to be in Ecuador for three weeks. He posted a bunch of pics on fb but I don't see any of Jill and Derick. It could just be coincidental that he started a mission trip at the same time.... I think it would be awesome if they were there though, working with those women and their kids. But thr Dillards might be going in a totally different direction, going somewhere where nothing is already established. Starting from scratch.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I think they would want to start something on their own, because of their wonderful righteousness and all

Is it possible that this "opportunity" arose BECAUSE of the scandal? If they are in Ecuador, that is. Is it possible that they were approached for this mission because she's a victim?

A mission trip was planned by May, before the scandal broke.

Re: Headshipishness...on the margins of current topic

I understand the transfer of ownership of daughters to husbands. And that sons stay under headship of their fathers. SO, what about a guy in Derick's situation, with no living father. Does that mean J-boob assumes authority over Derick? How scary is that?

Re: Headshipishness...on the margins of current topic

I understand the transfer of ownership of daughters to husbands. And that sons stay under headship of their fathers. SO, what about a guy in Derick's situation, with no living father. Does that mean J-boob assumes authority over Derick? How scary is that?

My understanding is that with no living father he becomes a proper headship (ie his only headship is G-d). The authority is in a flow chart, there is no way for the authority to flow from JB to Derick, because it would have to go through Jill. Women get moved to different flow charts because they are extensions of the men in their lives. I also believe that Cathy's headship would be Derick if she had not remarried.

I the only person worse than Jill for talking to victims of sexual violence would be Josh. Good Lord.

Yeah, I wouldn't know what to make of that ... On one hand, it's great when you talk to someone who can relate... but on the other hand, I would be sick to think all she does is tell them to forgive and be modest so it doesn't happen again...

If the TLC documentary is to be aired "later this summer" I predict that Jill was filmed for it before she departed for parts unknown.

Yeah, I wouldn't know what to make of that ... On one hand, it's great when you talk to someone who can relate... but on the other hand, I would be sick to think all she does is tell them to forgive and be modest so it doesn't happen again...

Just imagine Jill passing out the Gothard chart that basically states its the WOMANS fault that she was sexually abused/assaulted :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

Jill: "well maybe if you covered your knees and shoulders you wouldnt have been sold into sexual slavery..." :angry-banghead:

Just imagine Jill passing out the Gothard chart that basically states its the WOMANS fault that she was sexually abused/assaulted :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

Jill: "well maybe if you covered your knees and shoulders you wouldnt have been sold into sexual slavery..." :angry-banghead:

Dear :fsm: ,

Please protect your followers and non-believers from the Duggars.

Also, it would be awesome if you could make Unicorns a reality. No pressure or anything.

Sincerely,

Your Scaly Servant

Dear :fsm: ,

Please protect your followers and non-believers from the Duggars.

Also, it would be awesome if you could make Unicorns a reality. No pressure or anything.

Sincerely,

Your Scaly Servant

:pray: ahmen

suddenly :fsm: swoops down and saves Izzy

I wonder how much Jill is able to be truly present and with the people she is "purposing" to serve, with all this other stuff possibly weighing on her mind?? I would be a wreck if it were me, and I can't imagine being on a mission on top of it. I know many people thought it was wise for them to get the heck out of Arkansas, but can she really heal by throwing herself into yet another project?

I wonder how much Jill is able to be truly present and with the people she is "purposing" to serve, with all this other stuff possibly weighing on her mind?? I would be a wreck if it were me, and I can't imagine being on a mission on top of it. I know many people thought it was wise for them to get the heck out of Arkansas, but can she really heal by throwing herself into yet another project?

This is likely my anti-Jill bias showing but I don't think she has all the much weighing on her mind. I'm sure the cancellation and stuff has been a bit stressful for her but honestly, I don't think she feels there's anything to heal from, besides us evil libruls hating her family. I took Jill and Jessa at their words that they're fine regarding what Josh did to them.

And regardless of all that, I doubt Jill is ever truly present with the people she's "serving" in these mission trips, anyway. What's there for her to think about except saying the right words that will get people to convert? She's not a therapist, at most she makes herself a glorified prayer partner to people who have the misfortune of catching her eye as needing saving.

I would love for them to go to a Muslim community and learn that Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet, and believe in all the other Christian prophets.

I'd get a kick out of Jill coming off the plane wearing an abaya and hijab with a big flower on the side and Derick in a kuffi and jubba.

:pray: ahmen

suddenly :fsm: swoops down and saves Izzy

And then zaps some common sense into his parents, while imparting a normal education on Izzy.

Yay happy endings!

This is likely my anti-Jill bias showing but I don't think she has all the much weighing on her mind. I'm sure the cancellation and stuff has been a bit stressful for her but honestly, I don't think she feels there's anything to heal from, besides us evil libruls hating her family. I took Jill and Jessa at their words that they're fine regarding what Josh did to them.

And regardless of all that, I doubt Jill is ever truly present with the people she's "serving" in these mission trips, anyway. What's there for her to think about except saying the right words that will get people to convert? She's not a therapist, at most she makes herself a glorified prayer partner to people who have the misfortune of catching her eye as needing saving.

I agree with this. I'm not so sure if Jill really *thinks* about anything other than God and babies. She certainly never thinks critically. Would she even be allowed to assist with anything midwife related since her teacher lost her license? Doesn't that make Jill the equivalent of someone who just read about child birth on Wikipedia?

In addition to Jill getting off the plane in Iraq/Afghanistan, looking around, seeing some burkas and thinking FINALLY women who know how to dress conservatively---I was thinking of little Izzy and how well his name would go over.

I really hope that the Dullards are at some sort of training camp right now and not trying to be actual missionaries. What exactly could Jill do at the moment for other people? She has a two month old baby and as a breast-feeding mother she has to devote most of her time and energy toward looking after her child. The upside of being "on a mission" is that she probably doesn't have much else to do besides take care of Izzy-- no house cleaning, little or no shopping, possibly no cooking at all. She may not even have to do her own laundry. The downside is if she is trying to attend language classes she may not be able to give the instructor her full attention.

I really hope that the Dullards are at some sort of training camp right now and not trying to be actual missionaries. What exactly could Jill do at the moment for other people? She has a two month old baby and as a breast-feeding mother she has to devote most of her time and energy toward looking after her child. The upside of being "on a mission" is that she probably doesn't have much else to do besides take care of Izzy-- no house cleaning, little or no shopping, possibly no cooking at all. She may not even have to do her own laundry. The downside is if she is trying to attend language classes she may not be able to give the instructor her full attention.

I think you're giving Dillard ministries wwwaayyy to much credit ahaha :lol:

Jill is just thinking about babies, I wont be surprised if she announces she is expecting in the next 3-6 months

...she probably doesn't have much else to do besides take care of Izzy-- no house cleaning, little or no shopping, possibly no cooking at all. She may not even have to do her own laundry. ...

Are the missions camps really like this? It sounds like a all-inclusive resort. Where do I sign up?

That would be true for many people, but I don't think Jill "thinks" much at all. She has always struck me as remarkably shallow, narrow and poorly educated. I suspect that very little weighs on her mind except for "secular evil ungodly people purposing to hurt them." In her Jill-colored universe, there is nothing to heal. Bring on the whores of Babylon to convert!!

Are the missions camps really like this? It sounds like a all-inclusive resort. Where do I sign up?

Not any that I went on. But we worked 8 hours a day, not handing out Bibles, but real labor building, cleaning, ect to make a positive difference in their lives. When we got done we slept in barracks with a common eating area and we all had to pitch in to cook and clean. We didn't have to shop, that was the job of the permanent missionaries. It wasn't a luxury vacation at all.

So.....you all seem to think it would be better if a dozen years after being sexually molested she was spending a significant amount of her day thinking about it? That hardly seems in any way normal.

So.....you all seem to think it would be better if a dozen years after being sexually molested she was spending a significant amount of her day thinking about it? That hardly seems in any way normal.

You all? Try a handful of people. Not all of us.

In addition to Jill getting off the plane in Iraq/Afghanistan, looking around, seeing some burkas and thinking FINALLY women who know how to dress conservatively---I was thinking of little Izzy and how well his name would go over.

LOL, that baby's name would go over as well as Forrest Gump, when he was telling that African American woman who was sitting on the bench with him at the start of the movie that he was named for Nathan Bedford Forrest. He founded the Ku Klux Klan.

Archived