IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Most likely. As far as I know, Jill's family is/were Independent Baptists and Derick grew up in a type of Baptist as well.

Nonsense. No-one in El Salvador is safe from the Dillards unless they are the Right Kind of Baptist (RKB). Grace or Works? Everyone not connected to SOS Mission is not really saved until they decide you are sufficiently RKB and, preferably, baptize you themselves. Even then, it's not certain. You are foreign and, therefore, suspect forever. Natives backslide without the presence of White Male RKBs. :wink-penguin:

If we thought IMB was bad, SOS is distinctly Mickey Mouse. My deep apologies to cartoon rodents.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unusually large big toes in males infants indicates an unusually large penis in the adult male.

gif

giphy.gif

gif

giphy.gif

Derick asks how large?? :dance: :dance: :dance: :mrgreen:

post-10637-14452000513083_thumb.jpg

I hope Izzy eventually "grows into" his feet :D

[attachment=0]52874.jpg[/attachment]

Okay, I was going to be annoyed at your insinuation that Iz has some mystery defect, diagnosed only by a picture of his giant toe, but I guess you were joking. :doh: :lol:

That is a really sweet pic of Jill and Iz.

As for the feet, it just looks like he has all but his big toe curled up. And the angle of the photograph. Either way I highly doubt it means anything significant except... He possibly has a big toe.

[attachment=0]52874.jpg[/attachment]

Help, I'm defrauded!

All these years I thought the Fundie blokes wore socks with their sandals because their fashion sense is horrific....... Now I know :lol: :lol:

.................. lost for words. Why is is that children are more desirable then the one you love? After all those years I still can get my head around it (is that a good english frase?)

They tend to have a "doctors don't know" attitude and belive that everything will be fine because God made you pregnant.

I have a friend from college who became fundie after she got married. A mutual friend had a difficult and risky pregnancy (doctors told her never to be more than a 30 minute drive from the hospital). Her doctor told her that another pregnancy would be extremely dangerous, possibly fatal, for her and the fetus. She got a second and third opinion, both doctors said the same thing. She wisely decided to not get pregnant again.

Fundie friend was disgusted. She said that doctors don't have any way of knowing that and she wouldn't stop having children even if the doctors told her it was dangerous. She told our friend that she should go ahead and get pregnant again because she'd said she wanted two children. And of course she had a story about someone who ignored her doctor and everything turned out fine. They always have that one example with vague details where everything was okay. And that one example means that doctors are always wrong and everything always turns out well because nothing is more important than having babies and Jesus loves you.

You have to be the right kind of Protestant. John Shrader freaked the fuck out about Pentecostal missionaries in Zambia. Catholics are not tolerated. There is a chick tract about the Catholic Church being the false church spoke of in revelation.

They tend to have a "doctors don't know" attitude and belive that everything will be fine because God made you pregnant.

I have a friend from college who became fundie after she got married. A mutual friend had a difficult and risky pregnancy (doctors told her never to be more than a 30 minute drive from the hospital). Her doctor told her that another pregnancy would be extremely dangerous, possibly fatal, for her and the fetus. She got a second and third opinion, both doctors said the same thing. She wisely decided to not get pregnant again.

Fundie friend was disgusted. She said that doctors don't have any way of knowing that and she wouldn't stop having children even if the doctors told her it was dangerous. She told our friend that she should go ahead and get pregnant again because she'd said she wanted two children. And of course she had a story about someone who ignored her doctor and everything turned out fine. They always have that one example with vague details where everything was okay. And that one example means that doctors are always wrong and everything always turns out well because nothing is more important than having babies and Jesus loves you.

The person I mentioned above also tries to tell people they don't need to take prenatal vitamins because she never did and her friends are just fine. Nevermind all the research that says most women don't get enough folic acid in their diets...and not enough folic acid can cause birth defects. Science be damned! She's okay so everyone else will be okay too.

If it was just one doctor I might think, well, doctors aren't always right. After the second and third opinion though? I'd be irresponsible not to take them seriously.

.................. lost for words. Why is is that children are more desirable then the one you love? After all those years I still can get my head around it (is that a good english frase?)

Churches are businesses, and businesses 'have to' grow. There are lots of elements of business in Catholicism. Priests did not initially need to be celibate, they married and had children. However, too much land was lost that way. So there you go.

As for the Duggar types they want to take over the world and to them population is the way to do it. Evangelism isn't enough ... and btw the more ppl you convert the more Jesus loves you... oh and other protestants, Catholics, then Jews, and then probably everyone else are the prized converts (in order of least to most valuable).

I think they are going to Hawaii.

It's overseas, and if I were trying to scam a little extended holiday I'd keep the location hush hush too until I collected all my umbrella drink money.

Unusually large big toes in males infants indicates an unusually large penis in the adult male.

:lol: :lol:

Honestly there should be a prize for this comment!

Good question. My bolding and edits in red.

Qualifications:

Compare that to the qualifications for an ISC:

ETA Journeyman:

So the training is a 4 day conference.

:angry-banghead:

why do they have rules about taking teenagers on mission trips?

Sort of shifting topics but I was debating whether to post this and curiosity got the best of me so here goes...

I was looking at Dill's anniversary photos when I noticed something odd about this one particular shot where Jill is holding Izzy: https://36.media.tumblr.com/98f69f57273 ... 9_1280.jpg (link because FJ won't let me post the photo)

Look at Izzy's feet. Is it just me or is his big toe unusually big? Is this common for babies? Because personally, I've never noticed it before. I tried to find other photos where Izzy's feet is more visible but weirdly, there doesn't appear to be any. He's either wearing socks or the angle of the photo is such where you can't see his toes. :think:

Late to the game, but WTF? Have you ever seen a live baby?

The person I mentioned above also tries to tell people they don't need to take prenatal vitamins because she never did and her friends are just fine. Nevermind all the research that says most women don't get enough folic acid in their diets...and not enough folic acid can cause birth defects. Science be damned! She's okay so everyone else will be okay too.

So education doesn't seem to work, i had somehow high hopes that derrick could talk some sense into jill since he wasn't raised a fundie. Hmmmmm............

Libby does take nice pictures- not the artsy stuff that most people with $$$ would want, but still very nice. Now I do have to wonder why she would call her blog The Country Muffin..... definitely snarkable.

The Country Muffin is Sarah Stelzl not Libby Zellon. The Stelzl family is indeed very snarkable and they have major connections to the Duggar, Waller, Staddon, Neely, and Wilkes families.

I like Libby's photographs and she is definitely the flavor of the year in Fundie wedding photography. Much better than Christopher Maxwell's death and doom wedding pics but then almost anyone would be better than Chris. Photography is one of the Gothard approved occupations for young ladies waiting for Prince Charming. See Jinger Duggar.

I notice that on Libby's new website someone asks her rather pissily if she is a Christian but she hasn't answered yet. Yes, she is absolutely as Fundie as they come.

Yep...definitely. That's how she seems to know these people. That blog has a photo of her at Northwoods christian camp with with four older Duggar girls and good old simple Priscilla.

Regarding Israel's big toes. Clicked in my head that Jill had a wedding photo with the same freaky big toe look. I think he looks a lot like Jill, too.

Jill-Duggar-Wedding-Pictures.jpg

www.dillardfamily.com.jpg11.jpg

I think they are going to Hawaii.

It's overseas, and if I were trying to scam a little extended holiday I'd keep the location hush hush too until I collected all my umbrella drink money.

You joke, but there are underserved populations in Hawaii. I'd be a Schroedinger's box of surprise if the fundies knew this. On one hand, it would mean they bothered to learn about people in their own country who don't fit into the nice, neat Rubbermaid organizers they live by. On the other hand, they would just be assholes, off to "save" people who already believe and don't need saving. Also they don't want to actually do anything actually useful.

They look like baby feet to me.

I hate fashion snark, so I'm going to be a hypocrite and say that I hate Jill's entire outfit in this photo.

Regarding Israel's big toes. Clicked in my head that Jill had a wedding photo with the same freaky big toe look. I think he looks a lot like Jill, too.

Jill-Duggar-Wedding-Pictures.jpg

www.dillardfamily.com.jpg11.jpg

Jill doesn't have a freaky big toe. It's just her other foot.

Archived