IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

My diagnosis is that Izzy has gotten WAY cuter since he was born (and I'm someone who usually thinks newborns are adorable) ;)

I think most newborns are weird looking. Once they are out of the womb for a few months, they get cuter. Less old-man looking.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a rumor going around that the Dillards are departing to Katmandu, Nepal this Sunday (July 5th). People are claiming that Derick and Jill "confirmed" this but so far I haven't found anything.

Derick worked in Nepal for International Mission Board, Baptist church.

Many thanks! You might want to break the link, but I'm not sure whether twitter counts.

They are getting the hell out of Arkansas before Josh's civil trial gets going.

For Jill and Jessa and the other victims, I can't imagine how stressful it must be thinking about having to testify at your brother's trial when you were one of the victims too. While I have no sympathy for Josh or Boob or M'Chelle, the victims in the family did nothing to deserve all this and didn't ask Josh to do this to them. I hope they can leave Jessa in peace so she can complete her pregnancy without added stress.

So International Mission Boards has various categories. My guess is that Derick went for a year as a Young Adult, but Journeyman or ISC are also possible. No training required.

Apprentice/Career: Long-term service, age 21-50 at appointment

Journeyman: 2-3 year assignment, age 21-26

ISC: 2-3 year terms, support roles, age 21+

Masters: 2-3 year terms, age 50+

Kairos: 2-3 year terms for Hispanics, age 21+

Macedonia Project: 3-4 year assignment while earning theological degree, age 21+

Students and Young Adults: serve for a week, summer, semester or year

Activities through IMB in Nepal:

Tricycles for the disabled and proselytizing

Water project and proselytizing

Bible stories for children and proselytizing

imb.org/go/serving.aspx#.VZRNT8vbJjo

The Apprentice/Career long-term service requires seminary. Derick doesn't have that so they are blowing off IMB and probably doing a John Shrader. :angry-banghead:

I really hope they are not off to Nepal anytime soon. Nepal doesn't need the Dillards at any time, but especially not now.

There's a rumor going around that the Dillards are departing to Katmandu, Nepal this Sunday (July 5th). People are claiming that Derick and Jill "confirmed" this but so far I haven't found anything.

If they're going to Nepal, that would make sense as to why they are keeping everything so hush hush. Missionaries and the general public have been told not to go over, that they only want skilled workers (ie; Doctors) in the midst of the crisis. I bet they would be getting lots of flack. Get the $ first and run.

They are getting the hell out of Arkansas before Josh's civil trial gets going.

For Jill and Jessa and the other victims, I can't imagine how stressful it must be thinking about having to testify at your brother's trial when you were one of the victims too. While I have no sympathy for Josh or Boob or M'Chelle, the victims in the family did nothing to deserve all this and didn't ask Josh to do this to them. I hope they can leave Jessa in peace so she can complete her pregnancy without added stress.

Even if that civil case is real and actually happens, they really don't need to rush overseas. It will take years to get to court - if it isn't settled out of court. The Duggars really should want to settle ASAP for the sakes of the victims.

I don't see much different between Journeyman and ISC except for the very vague "support roles" description. So, is it less or more intensive? :think:

I don't see much different between Journeyman and ISC except for the very vague "support roles" description. So, is it less or more intensive? :think:

I'm guessing here. ISC has no upper age limit and doesn't have to be fresh out of college? Sort of a longer-term missionary in training without the seminary requirement? Possibly gets grandfathered in as a real missionary after 3 years? Who knows!

Do you understand that no one here has called Jill fat? The only thing people have said is it's possible she's pregnant again. People have a right to that opinion. I think she is pregnant and I stand by that opinion. You get angry over that speculation because it's a sensitive issue to you yet when people here outright call Derrick names based on his appearance, "diagnosis" Israel, and slam Jessa's appearance, and you don't get all up in arms about that. Mamamia, people have a right to their opinions whether you "call them out" or not. You are constantly searching for a chance to argue about this, and I'm not going to participate in it. People shouldn't be slamming people's appearances period but a speculation is far different than putting down someone for their looks.

Actually I rant about all of the above ridiculous insults and bashing all the damn time. I don't read ALL the Duggar threads, but yea, I generally do call people out when they act like nasty bitches. Particularly if it's about appearance, or - even worse - the fake " concern" over what they see as abnormal development of small children who they see in tiny , edited snippets of their lives. Or, even worse, when they get a hate on for one of the little kids and call thenm names. Oh, or when they treaty these young women like complete idiots because they don't share their beliefs. Or when they make up a bunch of bizzare conspiracy stories because they would make different birth choices...or...or ....or..

Truthfully there is a huge range of things I'll go on a rant about. But it's cute you think it's all about you. Also, if you'll look, there are other places where people weren't just speculating that Jill is pregnant -- they are going on and on about how " abnormal" it is that Jill still has a tummy pooch at 2 and a half months post partum. And on top of that saying it must be because she's lazy, not fit, not active etc. which is just patently ridiculous. So if you're just speculating that you think she's pregnant, maybe you aren't being insulting. Maybe you're just really foolish. That baby is not even 3 months old. The general advice is to wait 8 weeks for sex after a c- section. The odds she is not only pregnant, but showing ? Is it possible? Sure anything is possible, but unless she jumped in the sack upon release from the hospital, AND was fertile --- extremely unlikely.

How could I have forgotten. :pink-shock: Of course Jesus laid it on Jerick's hearts to purpose for the mission field because of all those fields rich with non-white souls desperately needing harvest. :lol:

I wish we could find out exactly what Derick actually did do in Nepal though. He can't have spent all his time Skyping with Jim Bob and Jill. I lack google-fu and haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help with that?

I haven't found much, either. Just that he went to Nepal through the International Mission Board and roomed with a Madison McCalmon there. At one point I found a blog entry or something linking the three (DD, IMB, MMcC), but I can't find it now. I'm suffering through a heat wave and also a dose of Benadryl--the combination has me pretty much out of commission today. :shock:

So International Mission Boards has various categories. My guess is that Derick went for a year as a Young Adult, but Journeyman or ISC are also possible. No training required.

Why is there a separate category for Hispanics?

Well let's look at Derick's skill set:

1. Degree in accounting

2. Pistol Pete mascot

3. Lifeguard

I'm guessing he went to Nepal to do straight missionary (religious conversion) work, which can include some physical work to help families in need.

There are loads of young Mormon missionaries where I live, and they do a similar thing. Knock doors, wave their tracts and books around, and do some helpful neighbor type stuff. I'm guessing Derick did a similar sort of thing in Nepal, after he got a brief training by the organization.

If they're going to Nepal, that would make sense as to why they are keeping everything so hush hush. Missionaries and the general public have been told not to go over, that they only want skilled workers (ie; Doctors) in the midst of the crisis. I bet they would be getting lots of flack. Get the $ first and run.

Yes, you are spot on!!! I feel ill. They will bring Baby Jesus to the Hindu population who are currently in need of medical care, housing, food. If true my respect for these two has declined incredibly. Sickening. I hope it is a "false rumor" and they are going to Central Amerca where they can bring the Baby Jesus to the Catholic population there. :angry-banghead:

I'm guessing here. ISC has no upper age limit and doesn't have to be fresh out of college? Sort of a longer-term missionary in training without the seminary requirement? Possibly gets grandfathered in as a real missionary after 3 years? Who knows!

I found a bit of Madison McCalmon's story. I think this is what I found before, when this was originally posted. I remember seeing an original source with photos. Apparently they were Journymen.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25178&p=891394&hilit=journeyman#p891394

Here's something that doesn't make sense. Derick had all that surgery and got braces, so now he is going to Nepal when he'll need regular orthodontic appointments?

Somehow I don't think they will be going to Nepal. It has to be somewhere else.

I've looked at all the Duggar and Dillard accounts and I can't find any official confirmation whatsoever that they're going to Nepal this Sunday. Right now it appears only a handful of the fan pages are running with that particular info. The thing that gave me pause is the leghumpers knowing the exact day they're leaving which is something we haven't heard before. I don't know, maybe people who donated money got a follow-up email from Derick and Jill with more details about where and when they were going?

Why is there a separate category for Hispanics?

Good question. My bolding and edits in red.

Hispanics often have greater access to certain people groups than missionaries from other ethnicities. As in they at least speak the language(s) and are not as WASPy as most of our missionaries. Kairos was created to maximize the unique cultural and linguistic skills of Hispanic Southern Baptists in fulfilling the Great Commission. Don't Forget the Great Commission!

Some Kairos missionaries serve alongside established missionary teams while others pioneer work among unengaged peoples. We use them as translators or send them out into places we are afraid to go,

Serving for two- to three-year terms, Kairos missionaries must be 21 or older; see “Qualifications†below for more details.

Qualifications:

A sense of God’s leadership to serve cross-culturally

Emotional, physical and spiritual health

At least 21; no upper age limit

An active member of a Southern Baptist church for the past two years

Citizen or permanent resident of the United States

If married, must be married for at least one year prior to Field Personnel Orientation Our non-Hispanics don't need this.

Dependent children must be under the age of 13 at the time of starting service

The Equivalent of a High school Diploma Not required for ISC

Experience in sharing your faith and discipling believers

The capacity to learn another language Not required for other categories. WTF?

The ability to speak English Because we won't learn your languages.

IMB does not send missionaries to their country of origin.Because they might drop their passports over the rails of a concrete boat to get away from the cult.

Compare that to the qualifications for an ISC:

A sense of God’s leadership

At least 21

Singles, couples, and young families (if married, must be married for at least one year prior to an interview conference)

Dependent children must be under the age of 13 at the time of starting service with us so we recommend you apply before the oldest is over 11 1/2 years old. We are unable to send new families overseas who have dependent teenagers.

People with a past divorce (at least five years in the past) may serve—call for more information (Initial Contacts)

Education/experience that meets the field requirements

Willingness to commit to a two-year assignment

Commitment to evangelism

A growing Christian faith

Ability to clear your calendar for a four-day conference in Richmond

ETA Journeyman:

A sense of God’s leadership

21-26 years old

Single or married with no children (must be married one year prior to deployment)

Completion of an accredited bachelor’s degree prior to orientation

Willingness to commit to a two-year assignment

Commitment to evangelism

A growing Christian faith

Ability to clear your calendar for a four-day conference in Richmond

So the training is a 4 day conference.

:angry-banghead:

Yes, you are spot on!!! I feel ill. They will bring Baby Jesus to the Hindu population who are currently in need of medical care, housing, food. If true my respect for these two has declined incredibly. Sickening. I hope it is a "false rumor" and they are going to Central Amerca where they can bring the Baby Jesus to the Catholic population there. :angry-banghead:

Yes. But I hope they don't go to Central America either.

You might enjoy the John Shrader threads if you haven't seen them yet. Prepare to go down a rabbit hole.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24929

Another reason Jill and Derick won't leave on July 5: Anna's baby is due July 10. Jill has been involved with helping her deliver her previous babies, so I am guessing Jill will be there for this one.

This remind me of "The Book of Mormon" musical where they get to Uganda and tell everyone their lives will be so much better if they accept Jesus and become Mormon. And then the villagers just ask if it will get rid of war lords and AIDS.

There is a youtube video called Nepal: The Steep Path to Recovery....it shows porters bringing food to remote areas on animals.....the World Food Programme....and giving funds to families to help with their livelihoods with regard to farming, etc.

So, I hope they are going to Central America. It would be ridiculous to go at this point. Jill has a small infant, what can she do when she has to nurse and care for that baby.

Personally, I cannot see them going where they cannot easily return home. I cannot imagine Derick taking Izzy so far away from Cathy.

Plus, JD can fly back and forth from Central America, right?

IMO, they'll end up somewhere close enough to return to AR frequently, if they so desire.

There is a youtube video called Nepal: The Steep Path to Recovery....it shows porters bringing food to remote areas on animals.....the World Food Programme....and giving funds to families to help with their livelihoods with regard to farming, etc.

So, I hope they are going to Central America. It would be ridiculous to go at this point. Jill has a small infant, what can she do when she has to nurse and care for that baby.

AND Jill has shown in the past to want Derick right by her side.

If she had a hard time with him being away from her in AR, I cannot see her tolerating being left alone at all, in a foreign country.

What real good will they accomplish?

Archived