IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Aww, Izzy's so cute here. What a sweet smile. :)

I agree. He looks like a happy, normal baby. His skin looks better since the birth, which is pretty typical for babies.

Not sure who he looks like, but I like to think that babies just look like themselves.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I am having a hard time keeping up with everything.

Does anyone think the Dillard's might be going to Israel? They named their son Israel, Derick wore an Israel Defense Force t-shirt in the first family picture posted of Israel, and he hashtaged Israel's birth announcement with #standwithisrael.

I thought the South America theory was pretty likely, but I wouldn't consider South America "overseas". When I read Derick's blog post about their "ministry" an ad for tourist trips to Isreal just happened to be displayed on their website, so that is what made me think about it. I refreshed the website and an ad for the book of mormon displayed next, so I am guessing their ads are random.

Oh, interesting! I am pretty sure ads are based off of your own browsing history rather than things on their website, but it is an interesting idea.

Is it common for Christian missionaries to go to Israel?

I think it is interesting how they are not doing a go fund me or something similar so that no one knows how much they are raising. I wish I could ask for a vague amount of money for vague reasons and have people rushing to send me money.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I am having a hard time keeping up with everything.

Does anyone think the Dillard's might be going to Israel? They named their son Israel, Derick wore an Israel Defense Force t-shirt in the first family picture posted of Israel, and he hashtaged Israel's birth announcement with #standwithisrael.

I thought the South America theory was pretty likely, but I wouldn't consider South America "overseas". When I read Derick's blog post about their "ministry" an ad for tourist trips to Isreal just happened to be displayed on their website, so that is what made me think about it. I refreshed the website and an ad for the book of mormon displayed next, so I am guessing their ads are random.

You get Israel tourism and B'way shows?? My latest adverts were for guns and astroglide.

I agree. He looks like a happy, normal baby. His skin looks better since the birth, which is pretty typical for babies.

Not sure who he looks like, but I like to think that babies just look like themselves.

If you can dig up a photo of Jill as a baby...I think Israel looks a lot like she did. (I remember seeing one on one of the clip shows around the time of her wedding.)

Which is why my internet comments (also internet is hard because you can't see people) where I say what's on my mind without necessarily putting tons of effort into forethought gets me in trouble and strikes people as off base, offensive, or even "trolling" when that is never my intention.

Why I mention this is because this is why I'm trying to tell people that the board does feel intimidating to new people and it seems that I've seen a lot of people get jumped on for an innocent comment in a way that would scare them off for good. I say this as someone who has learned to really value and emphasize theory of mind of others at all times. I'm not trying to go in to rearrange the furniture as some people used in previous analogies. I'm trying to say "hey, I know you don't ever use the front door and may be unaware but do you realize there is a huge piece of furniture on the outside blocking the entrance?" Which people might say, "yep, that's there for a reason" or "its always been there, get used to it" and that would be fine. But I hear a lot of people saying, "what are you talking about! There is no piece of furniture since I don't remember it being there. The problem is with you people who keep bringing this up!"

OK. One final try. With kindness.

You believe you are on the autism spectrum and this makes you both a bit of a klutz on forums and really eager to discuss it. You think we are too nasty to new people and want to reprove us about our board culture. You portray yourself as somehow exceptionally sensitive to the feelings of others.

1. On being a bit of a klutz: You've made your points about autism. Repeatedly and at length. It seems that many of us disagree with you about discussing Israel in this context. Although we are very tolerant of thread drift at FJ, dominating a thread with your personal issues and interests is inconsiderate to the point of being rude.

2. We are nasty to new people: Actually, we are not really. I've had plenty of pleasant exchanges with brand new posters. The ones whose posts I find interesting. I see other pleasant exchanges. Every single one of us was a newbie here once and had to find our feet. Probably the vast majority of us have had a massive disagreement here, but we put on our flame-proof undies and keep posting. Or pick up our toys and leave. That's always a choice. This is the internet and FJ isn't a very touchy-feely place.

3. Board Culture: this Dillard thread is the wrong time and place to have a protracted discussion about the problems you apparently see with our board culture. Post these thoughts in: The red Announcement thread at the top of the QFoD page, on the Community Discussions sub-forum, WWoS, or AYTFJ. If you don't know what those places are then you have not explored FJ properly. We are a big and active place. Things are very testy on the Duggar side at the moment. We are very aware of that. Thank you.

4. Your overwhelming concern for the feelings of others: You need to grow a much thicker skin. On this thread you galloped to the defense of a poster who provocatively declared Israel to be autistic. The wrong person to defend. That specific Tatertot poster has a total of 12 posts, at least 4 of them highly provocative and very disruptive to the specific thread. IMO (and I may be wrong) that poster is a "drive-by" or Playtime troll. We battle trolls frequently on FJ. They are attracted here because of our controversial subject matter and we deal with them in our own unconventional ways. You seem very naïve. You need to learn much more about the perils of the internet, who we are, and how we deal with issues before you wag your finger at us. Useful link: netlingo.com/word/troll.php

Now can we get back to discussing the Dillards and their grifting? Thank you.

You get Israel tourism and B'way shows?? My latest adverts were for guns and astroglide.

LOL!!! I got a few other funny advertisements while checking out the Dillard's website, but nothing as good as guns and astroglide! I got one ad that was to a clothing store and the clothes in the ad were not modest (they were normal clothes, just nothing the Duggars would be allowed to wear), and then I got another ad to an Asian dating site or something like that. I found their comical advertisements to be much more entertaining than their actual website.

The random ads are funny! I'm sure they don't think much of the Mormons. :lol:

My bet is that they are going to Central/South America because of the past Duggar voluntourism there. The secrecy about this is almost as amusing as the Where In the World is John Maxwell mystery. However, the Maxwells didn't ask for donations to fund John's little vacation.

I have a serious question about the use of birth control. It is not advised to get pregnant within a year after getting a C-section because of the risk for both mother and baby. Can Derrick, in concern for the health of his wife "force" her to use ant form of birth control? Or do that himself if he thinks that is good for is family?

Also, I kind of hope that the fact izzy beeing a breech pregnancy means that another pregnancy will also be like that. I had two and two C-sections and was advised against no3 because no2 almost killed me but here you are not advised to have more then 3 C-sections. I kind of hope that this will stop jill from having to have a big bunch of kids which will give here time for herself to explore the world outside the cult

Just what are the requirement for calling yourself a ministry so you can grift?

The girls and I are meeting at the bar church later and could use some donations for beer helping other souls.

The random ads are funny! I'm sure they don't think much of the Mormons. :lol:

My bet is that they are going to Central/South America because of the past Duggar voluntourism there. The secrecy about this is almost as amusing as the Where In the World is John Maxwell mystery. However, the Maxwells didn't ask for donations to fund John's little vacation.

I'm still guessing Central America. Re: "overseas," when my friends studied abroad anywhere they always called it study abroad. Which is a phrase you would think implies across an ocean (just as overseas would), but I think it's become kind of accepted as a catch-all for anywhere that's not the US (in the US, that is).

Also, I can't imagine what ministry they could do in Israel. They #standwithisrael ( :roll: ) so I can't see them visiting Palestinian territories, where I imagine many people are actually in need. And I'm not really sure who they think they would be able to convert there. Israel is full of people of all religions, and to be honest I can't really see them being tolerant of other (read: non-judeo-christian) religions

I'm still guessing Central America. Re: "overseas," when my friends studied abroad anywhere they always called it study abroad. Which is a phrase you would think implies across an ocean (just as overseas would), but I think it's become kind of accepted as a catch-all for anywhere that's not the US (in the US, that is).

Also, I can't imagine what ministry they could do in Israel. They #standwithisrael ( :roll: ) so I can't see them visiting Palestinian territories, where I imagine many people are actually in need. And I'm not really sure who they think they would be able to convert there. Israel is full of people of all religions, and to be honest I can't really see them being tolerant of other (read: non-judeo-christian) religions

First there are people in need in all of Israel. Unfortunately it is unlikely the Dillards are going to help as opposed to evangelizing. Israel has some laws discouraging proselytizing which makes it an unlikely place to go.

First there are people in need in all of Israel. Unfortunately it is unlikely the Dillards are going to help as opposed to evangelizing. Israel has some laws discouraging proselytizing which makes it an unlikely place to go.

Which people are in need in israel? It a rich country. They take good care of the jewish people there

Which people are in need in israel? It a rich country. They take good care of the jewish people there

And Muslims. And Christians. Although it is established as the Jewish state, people of all religions can prosper there and there IS freedom of religion.

And Muslims. And Christians. Although it is established as the Jewish state, people of all religions can prosper there and there IS freedom of religion.

Yes there is, but for some there are different rights. But overall they take good care of there citizens

That article is a month old and it's not a reliable source.

Sure, but have a look at the screenshot from with highlighted parts from Crazy Mary's page.

Mary Beacon is going ahead with her donation and Nepal is confirmed...https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8hKHR ... sp=sharing

http://www.inquisitr.com/2143212/jill-d ... -counting/

I don't know if Mary Beacon is real, but yesterday she had a screen shot on her facebook of what looked like a confirmation page from Cornerstone Payments for $45,000. It is gone now and could have easily been fake. She posted that she was upset because she found out her donation was not tax deductible and she was upset that Cornerstone Payments were not answering her phone calls. I should have taken a screenshot of her facebook, but I assumed she was not a real person. I am still thinking she is not for real. At least i hope.

I am finding some information about Israel Defense Forces doing work in Nepal. And they are also bringing patients from Nepal to a high tech medical facility in Israel.

I have a serious question about the use of birth control. It is not advised to get pregnant within a year after getting a C-section because of the risk for both mother and baby. Can Derrick, in concern for the health of his wife "force" her to use ant form of birth control? Or do that himself if he thinks that is good for is family?

Also, I kind of hope that the fact izzy beeing a breech pregnancy means that another pregnancy will also be like that. I had two and two C-sections and was advised against no3 because no2 almost killed me but here you are not advised to have more then 3 C-sections. I kind of hope that this will stop jill from having to have a big bunch of kids which will give here time for herself to explore the world outside the cult

I know of a few people who have had more than 3 c-sections. One of whom is about to have her 5th. She was actually told before baby #4 NOT to have anymore children because of health reasons (not c-section related.) She completely ignored the warnings. Some people just don't care about the risks.

I can't say whether or not Jill or Derick will be those types of people. But it really wouldn't surprise me. Sometimes the super religious people put it all "in God's hands" and truly don't think things can go wrong. And if they DO go wrong, they figure it was "God's plan." Kind of scary, in my opinion.

Very good question!

My best bet would be the following (other posters, feel free to chime in with corrections or with additional information!):

Any form of chemical or hormonal birth control would be ruled out. From what I know, Jill was raised to view these forms of contraceptives as murder - they view life as beginning the second conception occurs and don't seem to have a firm grasp on how birth control actually works.

Condoms are a possibility. However, they go against the teaching that Gothard God only gives you what you can handle. . . so it would be viewed as interfering with God's plan. If God decides that they shouldn't have more children at the moment, then God will keep another pregnancy from happening.

Finally, there is abstinence. If Derick were seriously concerned about Jill's health and wanted to prevent a pregnancy without violating her beliefs then this might be his best bet. However, this could also interfere with God's plan for their family and may be deemed immoral for that reason.

I don't think it would be right for Derick to force Jill to use birth control if it goes against her beliefs. It may be in the best interest of her health and her family - but I do feel it should be a choice they make together, not a choice that is forced onto one of them.

As for your second paragraph, I understand your point and I agree to an extent - I do hope that they realize what a huge commitment a mega sized family is and I do hope that they don't wind up with a ton of kids. However, I don't hope that Jill's subsequent pregnancies are seriously difficult or that her next few labors are extremely tough. I just can't bring myself to hope that she has to experience that all over again.

Sure, but have a look at the screenshot from with highlighted parts from Crazy Mary's page.

Yeah..but Nepal is definitely NOT confirmed at this point.

I don't know if Mary Beacon is real, but yesterday she had a screen shot on her facebook of what looked like a confirmation page from Cornerstone Payments for $45,000. It is gone now and could have easily been fake. She posted that she was upset because she found out her donation was not tax deductible and she was upset that Cornerstone Payments were not answering her phone calls. I should have taken a screenshot of her facebook, but I assumed she was not a real person. I am still thinking she is not for real. At least i hope.

I am finding some information about Israel Defense Forces doing work in Nepal. And they are also bringing patients from Nepal to a high tech medical facility in Israel.

I saw the $45k payment thing, too. And I still suspect/hope that Mary Beacon is a poe, too. What kind of pastor would give advice like that to an elderly member of their church?! Don't answer that; I'm sure there are pastors out there who would...

Party at Nic's house!

Unrelated to the current discussion....

But I was looking at Jill and Derick's anniversary photos taken by Elizabeth Zellon. She also took their wedding photos and I think Jessa's too. And then I realized she also took photos at David and Priscilla Waller's wedding in Florida. So I was curious about where exactly this photographer is located. Apparently in Illinois. Am I the only one who finds it odd that this lady basically flies all over to photograph fundie events?? Or is this sort of thing normal in their world? I know that out here, everyone I know goes with a local photographer for stuff.

thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com/tag/libby-zellon/

I know of a few people who have had more than 3 c-sections. One of whom is about to have her 5th. She was actually told before baby #4 NOT to have anymore children because of health reasons (not c-section related.) She completely ignored the warnings. Some people just don't care about the risks.

I can't say whether or not Jill or Derick will be those types of people. But it really wouldn't surprise me. Sometimes the super religious people put it all "in God's hands" and truly don't think things can go wrong. And if they DO go wrong, they figure it was "God's plan." Kind of scary, in my opinion.

It scares the hell of me to be honest, I know from growing up in the dutch bible belt that people can be crazy but I can't understand that you put the life of a loved one at risk for just more children. And having to possibly raise them without there mother

Archived