IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Gothard encourages IBLP couples to abstain for the first half of a woman's cycle as in the old testament. If JB&M do that, and if Michelle's cycle happens to align with that practice in just such a way, they wouldn't need to use NFP to try and get pregnant--it could just be the timing of their "coming together."

I ovulate well before the halfway mark of my cycle--I should marry a Gothard fundie just to fuck with his mind. :lol:

I suspect fundies don't use NFP at all unless they're not conceiving as quickly as they think they should and want to make sure they're ovulating when they have sex. And people will justify anything that is convenient to them. In my Catholic school days, the explanation for why using NFP to prevent pregnancy was acceptable was that couples using NFP were still "open" to having a child if it failed, unlike people who use birth control. It makes zero sense, but that's religion for you.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read on instagram they are moving to el salvador tomorrow to do their mission work...

I just read on instagram they are moving to el salvador tomorrow to do their mission work...

Who said that?

Not sure you can acquire visas and such that quickly. :roll:

Well, they've been planning this trip for some time, I think. Since it was 'teased' at the end of the last season of 19 kids.

But I won't believe a location until they say that's where they are going.

I do think El Salvador sounds pretty likely though.

El Salvador would mean that Jill and Dill will still spend most of their time in the USA, drumming up money, telling stories of miracles in the jungle, finishing up Derick's dental work, living under the Duggar umbrella.

Their capabilities for doing anything worthwhile in El Salvador are nil. They will hang out and sing bible songs, get bored, come back for more money, go back and create some fake drama for Instagram, repeat, pregnancy, health issue!, emergency trip back home!, repeat, beg for more money on the fundie circuit, repeat...

Maybe TLC thinks they can make a show out of this.

Holy moly that was an interesting 16 pages to read through at once....

My thoughts in no particular order:

Izzy is adorable.

Derrick and Jill... what can I say. I am glad they are getting out of Duggar land. It is my fervent hope that they use this experience to grow and learn. I won’t hold my breath tho. I am shocked :pink-shock: at their greed. as many people have said they have had many opportunities to save up some cash.

I have come to accept that they are pickled through with kook-aid and are very happy that way.

I feel pity for the people they will come in contact with. again maybe the Dills will learn something. :pray:

re: taking Izzy to another country and Jill giving birth in a faraway land:

I personally wouldn’t take my 3 month old out of country, but with a normal 20-something American I wouldn’t be that alarmed. But this is Jill, she has lead a very sheltered life, has zero critical thinking skills, follows a wacky cult and has made some.. interesting decisions so far. Same goes with her giving birth in another country. Fact is her second birth will be higher risk. Am I up in arms about it? no, I’m just giving her mild side eye. ::shrug:: I guess its enough for me to stay tuned. I will be upset if she tots herself as a midwife and tries to asset births on her own.

All of the internet diagnosing has to stop. please. Its not productive or funny.

Jill told us the moment she peed on a stick. She will tell us when she conceives again. She is not smart enough to not tell us because some people might be upset for her health. I agree that guessing if a fundie is preggo is a popular sport around here. However there is a nice way to play and a way that is.. distasteful? I don’t know. I can’t explain the nuance of finely crafted snark. Its an art form I aspire to.

As far as birth control goes, Natural Family Planning, also known as the Fertility Awareness Method, has very good effectiveness rates at preventing pregnancy if practiced correctly. It's not the "rhythm method" and really does work if people use it. It is what the Catholic Church approves of and I wonder if fundies would approve of it as well.

My personal opinion is that they would not view it as ok. They say they will leave it up to g-d when they have kids, and I take this to mean they are not to do anything to help or to prevent. that a women who thinks about not wanting any more babies is not trusting g-d and sinning. therefore doing anything other then just having sex whenever the man, or they both want to is interfering with g-ds plan.

ETA that doesn’t mean I don’t think some fundies use NFP. this is just my interoperation of the rules.

Derrick and Jill... what can I say. I am glad they are getting out of Duggar land. It is my fervent hope that they use this experience to grow and learn. I won’t hold my breath tho. I am shocked :pink-shock: at their greed. as many people have said they have had many opportunities to save up some cash.

I have come to accept that they are pickled through with kook-aid and are very happy that way.

See bolded (my bolding). Was this typo intentional? :lol: I'd say they'd have to be at least somewhat kooky to make some of the decisions they have.

I hope we get a confirmation on where they are headed soon. El Salvador is rather anti-climactic. I would be nice for them though since Jill is fluent in Spanish and Derrick can jet back home monthly to have his braces adjusted. If they do set up permanent residence in a central american country, they can hire help on the cheap for the babies she'll probably be popping out. I also foresee one of Jana/Jinger/Joy coming and spending an extended amount of time with them.

Jill said she used Rosetta Stone for learning Spanish. I don't think she ever said she was fluent but she knew more then her dad!

Does El Salvador mean SOS ministries?

I see Jim Bob controlling them in El Salvador as much as he did owning their home. He will probably oversee the donations and check on them often. They will send lots of the kids down to visit or should I say help Jill babysit.

See bolded (my bolding). Was this typo intentional? :lol: I'd say they'd have to be at least somewhat kooky to make some of the decisions they have.

:laughing-rolling: It was not intentional, but fits non the less. :lol:

Jill is fluent in Spanish?

No, but I am not going to fight with people who are convinced otherwise.

Jill is fluent in Spanish?

Yes, totally. In the same way that she's a licensed midwife, Jana is a concert pianist, and all the Duggars are proficient in the violin. :lol:

(Just a somewhat off-topic rant... Pay no mind!) :whistle:

This morning I was reading the latest radaronline duggar article (radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jill-duggar-posts-steamy-pic-with-derick-dillard/), regarding this anniversary picture (Which by the way, Jill cropped from her professional photographers original :shifty: Haha - Ouch - it does look better cropped.) :

jill-duggar-posts-steamy-pic-with-derick-dillard-PP.jpg?resize=300%2C169

And it brings to mind that a couple can be defrauding - in this case Jill and Derrick, in the same way a simple immodest woman can: it brings sin to the mind. Im sure its been brought up before. Why the word, "nike" isn't shouted in the midst of a wedded make-out session is beyond me. JimBoob+Michelle have a lot of inappropriate pda, and I noticed Jessa and Bin joined in as well, as if to shove it in their poor sheltered siblings' faces!

1433369519_megyn-kelly-duggars-article.jpg

If I were a pubescent teen, raised to guard my heart and mind from being defrauded, I would feel very uncomfortable having to witness a make-out session, or the liberal petting of a married-couple, in just the same way I would feel uncomfortable with seeing a hint of cleavage or the candid curves of a young woman. Boo, fundies, boo!! Those poor teens, the guilt they must constantly feel, regarding their natural puberty - awful! Imagine having to feel shame at your own boner!

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: "Give me an, H -Y -P... -O -C -R... -I -T E ! What's that spell?! Hypocrite! Boo hypocrites!!" :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

(Brings me back to my days as a cheerleader. Oh Gawd. Ive had a lot of coffee this morning - you'll have to excuse me.) :cray-cray:

The ONLY indication I've ever seen on the show that Jill even took Spanish was a snippet when she and someone (Jana?) were on a bed, going over Spanish vocabulary words that she'd written on flash cards. Both pronounciation and understanding were awful. I would say she is NOT fluent in any way, shape, or form.

The ONLY indication I've ever seen on the show that Jill even took Spanish was a snippet when she and someone (Jana?) were on a bed, going over Spanish vocabulary words that she'd written on flash cards. Both pronounciation and understanding were awful. I would say she is NOT fluent in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah I'm sure they can direct you to the biblioteca. No wait, they wouldn't. That's where info is stored.

(Just a somewhat off-topic rant... Pay no mind!) :whistle:

This morning I was reading the latest radaronline duggar article (radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jill-duggar-posts-steamy-pic-with-derick-dillard/), regarding this anniversary picture (Which by the way, Jill cropped from her professional photographers original :shifty: Haha - Ouch - it does look better cropped.) :

jill-duggar-posts-steamy-pic-with-derick-dillard-PP.jpg?resize=300%2C169

And it brings to mind that a couple can be defrauding - in this case Jill and Derrick, in the same way a simple immodest woman can: it brings sin to the mind. Im sure its been brought up before. Why the word, "nike" isn't shouted in the midst of a wedded make-out session is beyond me. JimBoob+Michelle have a lot of inappropriate pda, and I noticed Jessa and Bin joined in as well, as if to shove it in their poor sheltered siblings' faces!

1433369519_megyn-kelly-duggars-article.jpg

If I were a pubescent teen, raised to guard my heart and mind from being defrauded, I would feel very uncomfortable having to witness a make-out session, or the liberal petting of a married-couple, in just the same way I would feel uncomfortable with seeing a hint of cleavage or the candid curves of a young woman. Boo, fundies, boo!! Those poor teens, the guilt they must constantly feel, regarding their natural puberty - awful! Imagine having to feel shame at your own boner!

I really don't see anything remotely steamy about that picture. I think it is a cute picture.

As far as the affection or PDA goes, I am not sure. My parents were always very affectionate with one another. They weren't dry humping on a golf course, but they would cuddle together, hold hands, kiss. At the same time, as kids we understood that it would not be acceptable for us to behave that way with our boyfriends (I had 2 sisters and a much younger brother who was not dating when I lived at home). When our BF's came out, we would sit next to each other and we did hold hands, but that was it. We kissed goodbye, privately but with my younger brother near enough by to "spy" on us.

When my aunt who was just a few years older than my sisters and I, married, she and her hubby were very affectionate as newlyweds tend to be. Again, we didn't have a problem separating that because she was married, this was ok, and since we were not married it was not ok.

Once I got to college age, it just seemed a natural progression that I felt more comfortable showing affection with my college BF and my parents never objected. Back then it was definitely not acceptable for us to sleep together under my parent's roof ( at least to their knowledge :lol: ), but we kiss, even sat together in a large recliner, fully reclined so as to be laying down together. I think my parents understood I was older and in control of my own body and choices, so other than full on sex in front of them or my younger sibs, they were pretty open.

I don't think seeing committed adults showing affection and attraction to one another is inherently a bad thing for younger kids. I think what makes it bad for the Duggars is that the rest of their education or lack of education on normal sexual urges, healthy attitudes about sex, and risky sexual behavior is completely screwed up.

Here we can really see the effects of his jaw surgery. I assume he was in pain before, so I hope it helped.

11377459_1459236044395982_1229734059_n.jpg

Archived