IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

I asked on Instagram and got the response "El Salvador." But this was from a fan not a Duggar, so... yeah.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They got away from Jim Bob. They got away from Josh. That's worth a YAY! :dance:

True. They are extricating themselves from an almost unfathomable morass...every step is worth celebrating, even if the pace is a bit to slow for our (secular! sinful!) minds. :D

Lies of omission are still lies. Jessa might not state outright that this is J&D getting on the plane today but posting the pic with a comment about getting on a plane implies that the photo is taken today. That's dishonest. The fact there is so much discussion amongst fans on Instagram as to whether the photo is today or a couple of weeks ago shows why the Duggars need to be more honest.

They are going with SOS Ministries? Is this a "job" where they get a stipend or whatever or are they paying to go like everyone else has to? It can cost big money to go to the mission field. Or are they using J and D to fundraise for this charity/mission corporation? These are the issues that I would like to have cleared up.

Sometimes missionaries don't disclose where they will be serving because it isn't legal to be a Christian missionary in their chosen country. Or it isn't safe, or just frowned upon. It would be a little weird for them to choose to serve in a place like that, though. No, no, officer, I'm not Jill Dillard! I swear!

Holy shit y'all, they packed and took care of passports to take an international trip! I am now impressed and want to give them $$ since they are so well-informed about these difficult trip planning activities. A year to purpose to diligently complete that list :hand:

Couldn't they go into that level of detail on where all the money is going? :shifty-kitty:

I am 99% sure this exchange wasn't on the video (self-proclaimed close Duggar friend) @joe_donaldson_1's instagram account when I was looking the other day. On my phone so no screencap.

https://instagram.com/p/4iqjMORhHJ/ [video of Jill/kids]

Will the Dillard family be leaving tomorrow for their missionary work in El Salvador?

They are!... We said our goodbyes & prayed over them last night! They are so excited!:) 
How long with the Dillard's be staying in El Salvador to do missionary work? :)

https://instagram.com/p/4kHSbxxhCT/ [selfie with Tom Cotton]

Ummm...does every Duggar fan page ever created follow you?

Haha!.. I know right! :) Part of being close friends with the family I guess!

So he could be in the know on the location, but not that it is soopar seekrit or is throwing fan pages off.

ETA: clarity

Sometimes missionaries don't disclose where they will be serving because it isn't legal to be a Christian missionary in their chosen country. Or it isn't safe, or just frowned upon. It would be a little weird for them to choose to serve in a place like that, though. No, no, officer, I'm not Jill Dillard! I swear!

I just can't imagine that they (as d list celebrities) would be sent to a country where it is illegal to spread the gospel. Surely, these two are not THAT stupid!?

Plus, I find it reprehensible that their stated goals are to spread the gospel. I am pretty sure that wherever they are going, the locals have a religion. If they are going to El Salvador then they are going there to tell Catholics they are not loving Jesus properly.

Why are they not claiming to go there to assist poor people? You know, like feeding, clothing and giving them healthcare. That is what Jesus actually told them to do.

I can't imagine what these two have to offer the mission field other than manual labour that has been organized by someone else. They have no education or experience in project management. I suppose they think they are going to give sermons and teach the bible even though they do not have any education in Divinity or theology.

Are they really planning to teach poor women to have as many children as God is willing to bless them with and to "submit to their husbands"? Latin Americans are going to laugh at them and the only people to join their church are going to be the ones that are so impoverished they will trade listening to sermons in exchange for food.

"For security purposes, at this time, we’re not publicly discussing specific times and places of international service." Security purposes?

Bullshit. These fuckers tell where they are going and when they will be somewhere all the time. They weren't worried about security when talking about Alive festival etc. No one is asking what flight number. I think they could've safely say we are going to X country or Central America in July.

And I'm not sure if going to work for one of JB's BFFs at SOS Ministries is getting away from JimBob. If anything, I'd say they are more dependent on JB-- they have no income now. They want something like to fly home etc, it's JB's dime (or donations haha) And it's not as if Derick and Jill are trying to escape from witch mountain here-- they appear perfectly happy under his influence/control.

Let's also remember, Derick's last missionary trip is how he got under JB's thumb in the first place. Derick is quite happily nestled up in JBs ass.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that lying exactly. I post older photos on social media and sometimes don't specify the date. Like a "Happy Father's Day" post with a picture with my dad that was maybe a few weeks (or even years) ago.

IDK, getting on an airplane and saying that they are off to mission is pretty specific vs oh this is nice pic of dad and me to celebrate.

I just hope baby Izzy stays safe and healthy and that Jill and Derrick don't take any resources away from the native people of whatever country they've gone to.

I find the tone of Derrick's statement really annoying and I can't quite figure out why. Maybe somebody more awake that I am ('twas a late one last night...) can help me out? I know it's something to do with the casual mention of 'prayer partners and financial partners' - it's kind of irritating me that he's so casual and almost entitled that he should receive all of this - both attention and money!!

I know I might be reading too much into what's just a clunky piece of writing, but it annoyed me so here I am :) The rest of us manage to deal with our lives without grifting for money and attention Derrick; maybe try that once in a while?

I don't mind people praying for other people and I don't mind people supporting other people's good works. But those cursory thanks seem bogus to me - he could 'purpose' to learn a genuine gratitude and how to express it!

I find the tone of Derrick's statement really annoying and I can't quite figure out why. Maybe somebody more awake that I am ('twas a late one last night...) can help me out? I know it's something to do with the casual mention of 'prayer partners and financial partners' - it's kind of irritating me that he's so casual and almost entitled that he should receive all of this - both attention and money!!

I know I might be reading too much into what's just a clunky piece of writing, but it annoyed me so here I am :) The rest of us manage to deal with our lives without grifting for money and attention Derrick; maybe try that once in a while?

I don't mind people praying for other people and I don't mind people supporting other people's good works. But those cursory thanks seem bogus to me - he could 'purpose' to learn a genuine gratitude and how to express it!

The fact that he used purposed as a verb says it all to me.

Maybe they're going to be parents in an orphanage. Jill would immediately be mother to 30 or 40 kids.

This phrase is approaching Maxwell-level awkwardness:

"please be in prayer with us for the hearts of the people who we will be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with, for wisdom and discernment in our work, and for the safety of my family."

I'm glad they're going overseas, and can perhaps breathe from all the scrutiny and get their bearings again. This whole mess with Josh and the parents has to be horrifically stressful. I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't received threats because there are some twisted people out there. Not giving out their location makes sense.

I just wish they could break free of the whole cultish family, and just have a life.

Can't help but wonder if this isn't partially a step to avoid being called in to give a deposition against Josh and the parents if that civil suit is brought by the 5th victim, but there's no saying they won't cooperate if that happens. Well, as far as a Duggar can cooperate...

IIRC they said before they married that they wanted to be missionaries. Seems to me that they had a goal, worked toward it, and are now achieving it. Kudos to them.

I'm not surprised by this either, because Jill has always had the missionary zeal about her. If they're talking about security concerns, the Dillards are probably going to a country that has laws against proselytizing, which could mean a return to Nepal, which had anti-conversion laws. Despite this, fundie missionaries often try to convert people in these countries anyway. Derrick and Jill have no interest in really helping people because that would require them to listen to what they want. All they are interested in is spreading the gospel of Gothard Jesus.

Going to language school...They cannot even communicate with the people they are attempting to minister to and help.

Jill has never really been to school, yikes.

Packing and getting Izzy a PP, MD appts...good thing they do not have jobs and have had months to get things in order.

I'd have more respect for the whole misscation if they were funding the entire trip themselves. Having a new baby, quitting your job to go fulfill your dream should all come on your own dime...at least those are the steps most responsible people take.

For their soul-saving efforts, I wish them all the non-lethal, painful chronic conditions that exist in whatever country they're going to.

Going to language school...They cannot even communicate with the people they are attempting to minister to and help.

Jill has never really been to school, yikes.

Packing and getting Izzy a PP, MD appts...good thing they do not have jobs and have had months to get things in order.

I'd have more respect for the whole misscation if they were funding the entire trip themselves. Having a new baby, quitting your job to go fulfill your dream should all come on your own dime...at least those are the steps most responsible people take.

Now this could actually be funny. Jill in a real school instead of the SOTDRT. She might even learn something.

Why work when you can just get people to give you money to travel to another country? I am anxious to see if they can outdo John Shrader when it comes to being an inept missionary. He has set the bar so low that it is going to be really hard to be worse than him.

We have a deep love and care for all of the world and a real passion for those in the nations

They've said this Many Times. WTF does it MEAN

Archived