IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

why do they have rules about taking teenagers on mission trips?

Fraternization with the enemy? :confusion-shrug:

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But...but....but....how long can one go on a "mission" and have people donate to support your life????? Does anyone know of people doing this for years on end?

I hope if it is El Salvador they can bring baby Israel home to see Grandma Cathy fairly often. Or maybe she could make a brief visit there, health permitting.

But...but....but....how long can one go on a "mission" and have people donate to support your life????? Does anyone know of people doing this for years on end?

I hope if it is El Salvador they can bring baby Israel home to see Grandma Cathy fairly often. Or maybe she could make a brief visit there, health permitting.

John Shrader has been having people support him for years. Funds seem to be drying up now, though.

I wish they weren't going to proselytize to anyone anywhere, but since I suppose there is no stopping them, I'm glad they get to have an adventure (i.e. travel and experience a different culture, as much as their minds will allow) and get out of Arkansas. Maybe an extended stay away will do them good. I'm not pinning many hopes on that one, though. It is the Dullards, after all.

Unusually large big toes in males infants indicates an unusually large penis in the adult male.

:pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: NIKE!!!!! (Oh, wait...............)

I'm leaning strongly toward phoney baloney for Mary Beacon. There's a "note" from her "daughter" talking ugly to her in what seems like the same voice as "Mary Beacon's," imo. Sloppy trolling. Yawn.

Yeah, I'm calling "Mary Beacon" a fake. In her first post on FB on June 7th she calls her daughter "Elizabeth Beacon-Smith" (with son-lin-law Charles), however on July 1st the daughter's name is Elizabeth Anderson (nee Beacon). Unless she has two daughter's named Elizabeth... which is possible if you're a fundie I guess. :stir-pot:

Yeah, I'm calling "Mary Beacon" a fake. In her first post on FB on June 7th she calls her daughter "Elizabeth Beacon-Smith" (with son-lin-law Charles), however on July 1st the daughter's name is Elizabeth Anderson (nee Beacon). Unless she has two daughter's named Elizabeth... which is possible if you're a fundie I guess. :stir-pot:

LOL busted! (I always miss the obvious clues)

I really hope any donations received will be from people who can afford them, not senior's who are on a fixed income. My own sweet grammy gave so much of her meager savings to the likes of Jim/Tammy Faye we had to put her on a budget.

As far as birth control goes, Natural Family Planning, also known as the Fertility Awareness Method, has very good effectiveness rates at preventing pregnancy if practiced correctly. It's not the "rhythm method" and really does work if people use it. It is what the Catholic Church approves of and I wonder if fundies would approve of it as well.

I'm mean about this stuff, but I don't feel a tiny bit of sympathy for anyone who might donate to these clowns, even if they can't afford to. Honestly, I roll my eyes at the "pay for us to be missionaries in a country we won't disclose!" plan, but I can't fault them for trying. People who donate, though? Shame on them. It's like that potato salad guy. He started a silly little kickstarter, people thought it was hilarious and donated. And I kind of get the impulse--hey, this guy entertained me, let me give him something. But when the money started accumulating and people kept donating, that's when I was truly disgusted. Good for him for getting so lucky over a jokey ks, but those donors need their asses kicked.

As far as birth control goes, Natural Family Planning, also known as the Fertility Awareness Method, has very good effectiveness rates at preventing pregnancy if practiced correctly. It's not the "rhythm method" and really does work if people use it. It is what the Catholic Church approves of and I wonder if fundies would approve of it as well.

Fundies might not like that method because it's what the Catholic Church approves of, as they consider that church to be the Whore of Babylon.

Fundies might not like that method because it's what the Catholic Church approves of, as they consider that church to be the Whore of Babylon.

No no no, the Catholic church isn't the whore of babylon...the pope is the Anti-Christ! (According to the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod at least)

Just wondering: If their belief is they will let God choose how many children they will have, would they seek infertility help if one of them

cannot conceive naturally?

Just wondering: If their belief is they will let God choose how many children they will have, would they seek infertility help if one of them

cannot conceive naturally?

Michelle and JB have no qualms about helping God along with fertility treatments:

In an exclusive sneak peek of this week's 19 Kids & Counting, Duggar, 47, opens up about visiting a fertility doctor with husband Jim Bob, 48, and getting blood work results.

"We've always put this in Gods hands," Jim Bob says in the clip above of his and Michelle's plan for more children, "and if God wants to give us more children, we are going to be happy either way."

Michelle and JB have no qualms about helping God along with fertility treatments:

This. If they are actively trying to have as many babies as they can, then how is that Gods will any more than actively trying to avoid more babies?

Sorry - trying to apply logic. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Oh and from a photograph/few seconds of footage. Just to point out how totally and utterly idiotic these amoebic brained posters are.

There are a fair few fuckwits in the world, this thread and other Duggar threads appear to be a magnet for them.

For no reason whatsoever this reminds me of a Billy Connolly line from one of his comedy specials (taken from an Irish cab driver) - Never bring an eejit with you; you can always pick one up when you get there

Before people give the Dillards their hard earned cash they should consider the following:

They are asking for donations after...

1. Derick quits his job (he didn't work and save up money to support his ministry, then quit).

2. The Dillards have worked as cable TV personalities and paid for special shows including:

- trip to Nepal

- engagement

- "All about Jill!"

- pre-wedding

- wedding

- baby delivery special

At $40 K each (or more due to specials airing longer) that's *at least* a quarter million dollars $US.

3. Dillards have sold many stories and photos on the same info to People Magazine.

4. Derick is a tax accountant, and they have been living rent-free in a Duggar fixxer upper after being given a bazillion wedding gifts and money just a year ago. He should be able to work the numbers for them, without asking for donations.

As with all mysteries.. follow the money. They aren't two sweet little kids just out of college with a baby. I find their money-grabbing at this point to be really offensive, given the fact it's time for them to GIVE BACK. :pray:

I'm mean about this stuff, but I don't feel a tiny bit of sympathy for anyone who might donate to these clowns, even if they can't afford to. Honestly, I roll my eyes at the "pay for us to be missionaries in a country we won't disclose!" plan, but I can't fault them for trying. People who donate, though? Shame on them. It's like that potato salad guy. He started a silly little kickstarter, people thought it was hilarious and donated. And I kind of get the impulse--hey, this guy entertained me, let me give him something. But when the money started accumulating and people kept donating, that's when I was truly disgusted. Good for him for getting so lucky over a jokey ks, but those donors need their asses kicked.

To be fair that man apparently used the money raised to benefit charities dealing with hunger and homelessness (and according to CNN he didn't keep any of the money for himself). He threw a potato themed festival because you can't donate money raised through that site directly to charities (which is stupid to me). So yeah, while I agree with you a bit I also don't think this guy is on the same level of asshole as the Dillard's, Rodrigues parents, Shraders, or other Fundie families - at least he attempted to help others.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5893386

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/tech/inno ... ato-salad/

True, but the Fertility Awareness Method is taught by secular people. Catholics use it but so do to other people who can't or don't want to take hormonal methods.

Before people give the Dillards their hard earned cash they should consider the following:

They are asking for donations after...

1. Derick quits his job (he didn't work and save up money to support his ministry, then quit).

2. The Dillards have worked as cable TV personalities and paid for special shows including:

- trip to Nepal

- engagement

- "All about Jill!"

- pre-wedding

- wedding

- baby delivery special

At $40 K each (or more due to specials airing longer) that's *at least* a quarter million dollars $US.

3. Dillards have sold many stories and photos on the same info to People Magazine.

4. Derick is a tax accountant, and they have been living rent-free in a Duggar fixxer upper after being given a bazillion wedding gifts and money just a year ago. He should be able to work the numbers for them, without asking for donations.

As with all mysteries.. follow the money. They aren't two sweet little kids just out of college with a baby. I find their money-grabbing at this point to be really offensive, given the fact it's time for them to GIVE BACK. :pray:

Exactly what I was thinking. These two (won't include Izzy because he can't help being born to money grubbing parents) have had advantages of money, free house, boatloads of things being given to them, trips; all stuff that other people could only dream of having and yet they have that "donate now" tab on their website. Seriously don't tell me they don't have the money to fund this little overseas venture. I guess I shouldn't fault them for trying being that Jill in particular has been used to having things being given to her family by adoring suckers fans for years, especially if you cover it in Bible spew, but still I find it very distasteful.

While I know nothing about the authenticity of Mary Beecon, the Facebook group I saw her original post lead to a lot of comments, and someone included a link to the Facebook profile of her daughter encouraging people to contact her about her mum. The name on the profile was "Elizabeth Anderson Smith". Now her profile is either private or I'm blocked (which I doubt I am since I never contacted her). So there definitely was someone with that (full) name with a legit profile, photos, etc. I was looking through it since it was public.

To be fair that man apparently used the money raised to benefit charities dealing with hunger and homelessness (and according to CNN he didn't keep any of the money for himself). He threw a potato themed festival because you can't donate money raised through that site directly to charities (which is stupid to me). So yeah, while I agree with you a bit I also don't think this guy is on the same level of asshole as the Dillard's, Rodrigues parents, Shraders, or other Fundie families - at least he attempted to help others.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5893386

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/tech/inno ... ato-salad/

Wow, good for him! I had no idea how that ended. To be clear, I wasn't criticising him or his kickstarter, but the donors who gave over $50K for something that hadn't initially been for charity. He could have chosen to keep all that money for himself and I wouldn't have found fault with that. While I find plenty to criticize in Jill and Derrick's attempt to raise funds, mostly over their intentions to be missionaries as well as how greedy they're being considering how much they have compared to others, most of my annoyance is directed at any donors. As long as J/D are being honest about where the money is going, then whatever...let them use their fame to fund their plans, it's a smart--if mercenary--move. But people who hand over their money for dubious causes to people who have no need of it--I have no patience for them.

This. If they are actively trying to have as many babies as they can, then how is that Gods will any more than actively trying to avoid more babies?

Sorry - trying to apply logic. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Well hmm. I speculate that they use NFP to have more kids ... but I think the way the logic would go is if your man wants sex you give it to him, no matter the time of the month. Withholding b/c you are fertile is probably a sin b/c it was 'gods will' that your man wanted sex and therefore god wanted a baby. And so... boom.

Using NFP either to have more or less kids is probably not gods will... though these people misconstrue everything so I always speculate they use it to have more kids not fewer. :)

Well hmm. I speculate that they use NFP to have more kids ... but I think the way the logic would go is if your man wants sex you give it to him, no matter the time of the month. Withholding b/c you are fertile is probably a sin b/c it was 'gods will' that your man wanted sex and therefore god wanted a baby. And so... boom.

Using NFP either to have more or less kids is probably not gods will... though these people misconstrue everything so I always speculate they use it to have more kids not fewer. :)

Gothard encourages IBLP couples to abstain for the first half of a woman's cycle as in the old testament. If JB&M do that, and if Michelle's cycle happens to align with that practice in just such a way, they wouldn't need to use NFP to try and get pregnant--it could just be the timing of their "coming together."

Archived