IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Unrelated to the current discussion....

But I was looking at Jill and Derick's anniversary photos taken by Elizabeth Zellon. She also took their wedding photos and I think Jessa's too. And then I realized she also took photos at David and Priscilla Waller's wedding in Florida. So I was curious about where exactly this photographer is located. Apparently in Illinois. Am I the only one who finds it odd that this lady basically flies all over to photograph fundie events?? Or is this sort of thing normal in their world? I know that out here, everyone I know goes with a local photographer for stuff.

thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com/tag/libby-zellon/

Wonder if it's a barter arrangement.

For the Duggars, it's easy.

Free photos for advertisement/media exposure.

All of these things will go away in time. (being famous vs infamous)

Maybe last week (?) I saw one of the photos up close- it may have been on Radar, can't remember, but you could see what looked like a hickey on Jill's neck. It was even mentioned in the comments section.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good question!

My best bet would be the following (other posters, feel free to chime in with corrections or with additional information!):

Any form of chemical or hormonal birth control would be ruled out. From what I know, Jill was raised to view these forms of contraceptives as murder - they view life as beginning the second conception occurs and don't seem to have a firm grasp on how birth control actually works.

Condoms are a possibility. However, they go against the teaching that Gothard God only gives you what you can handle. . . so it would be viewed as interfering with God's plan. If God decides that they shouldn't have more children at the moment, then God will keep another pregnancy from happening.

Finally, there is abstinence. If Derick were seriously concerned about Jill's health and wanted to prevent a pregnancy without violating her beliefs then this might be his best bet. However, this could also interfere with God's plan for their family and may be deemed immoral for that reason.

I don't think it would be right for Derick to force Jill to use birth control if it goes against her beliefs. It may be in the best interest of her health and her family - but I do feel it should be a choice they make together, not a choice that is forced onto one of them.

As for your second paragraph, I understand your point and I agree to an extent - I do hope that they realize what a huge commitment a mega sized family is and I do hope that they don't wind up with a ton of kids. However, I don't hope that Jill's subsequent pregnancies are seriously difficult or that her next few labors are extremely tough. I just can't bring myself to hope that she has to experience that all over again.

I don't hope so too, but with having a breech before (at least here) you would be under medical supervision from almost day one. They took my second baby out at 38 weeks because they had a close eye at me and the baby from day one.

I just hoping for a way out from having 19 plus kids for her.

It scares the hell of me to be honest, I know from growing up in the dutch bible belt that people can be crazy but I can't understand that you put the life of a loved one at risk for just more children. And having to possibly raise them without there mother

I am from the Netherlands, the Randstad though. I know up until the second Vatican Consillium the Catholics in our country had the same problem. A very catholic GP told my very orthodox mother in law to stop having children after number 4 because of the serious risks for mother and child(ren). She went to her confessor and asked him, his answer....no keep on having children, god will take care of you by mediation of the virgin Mary. So she did and had 3 more children. My own mother was almost excommunicated because she and my father (not catholic) were members of the Malthusian union.

http://www.iisg.nl/exhibitions/neomalthusianism/

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0Jidv7FrnJdWCqsydNoUY7YdWjphwRpSpDwtqAhgu5hORLmC8

This is the photo

I'm leaning strongly toward phoney baloney for Mary Beacon. There's a "note" from her "daughter" talking ugly to her in what seems like the same voice as "Mary Beacon's," imo. Sloppy trolling. Yawn.

Unrelated to the current discussion....

But I was looking at Jill and Derick's anniversary photos taken by Elizabeth Zellon. She also took their wedding photos and I think Jessa's too. And then I realized she also took photos at David and Priscilla Waller's wedding in Florida. So I was curious about where exactly this photographer is located. Apparently in Illinois. Am I the only one who finds it odd that this lady basically flies all over to photograph fundie events?? Or is this sort of thing normal in their world? I know that out here, everyone I know goes with a local photographer for stuff.

thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com/tag/libby-zellon/

We talked about her a bit back when Erin and Chad got married (she did their photography too). She's fundie as well, and the same age as most of the couples, so my understanding is they are friends and she would be attending the weddings anyway. I'm sure the couples prefer her since she shares their beliefs and they are also probably more comfortable because they know her. I believe Chad Paine also served as her assistant a few times.

That said, she is loads better than Christopher Maxwell. Hell I'd rather have her shoot my wedding with a cell phone than Christopher with a top of the line camera.

I am from the Netherlands, the Randstad though. I know up until the second Vatican Consillium the Catholics in our country had the same problem. A very catholic GP told my very orthodox mother in law to stop having children after number 4 because of the serious risks for mother and child(ren). She went to her confessor and asked him, his answer....no keep on having children, god will take care of you by mediation of the virgin Mary. So she did and had 3 more children. My own mother was almost excommunicated because she and my father (not catholic) were members of the Malthusian union.

http://www.iisg.nl/exhibitions/neomalthusianism/

.................. lost for words. Why is is that children are more desirable then the one you love? After all those years I still can get my head around it (is that a good english frase?)

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0Jidv7FrnJdWCqsydNoUY7YdWjphwRpSpDwtqAhgu5hORLmC8

This is the photo

Can't see it.

Libby does take nice pictures- not the artsy stuff that most people with $$$ would want, but still very nice. Now I do have to wonder why she would call her blog The Country Muffin..... definitely snarkable.

Can't see it.

If you can't see the actual photo, google radar online, Jill and Derick Dillard anniversary photos. It's an up close headshot.

If you can dig up a photo of Jill as a baby...I think Israel looks a lot like she did. (I remember seeing one on one of the clip shows around the time of her wedding.)

I actually thought that he looked "Duggar-ish" around the eyes, but that was at first glance. The longer I looked, the less I could tell. :)

Yeah..but Nepal is definitely NOT confirmed at this point.

Nepal is not only not confirmed but it's been DEBUNKED by a Duggar family friend. Got word from someone who spoke to the friend directly that Derick and Jill (and Izzy :| ) are leaving for El Salvador on Sunday.

Mary Beacon is (likely) a troll.

Libby does take nice pictures- not the artsy stuff that most people with $$$ would want, but still very nice. Now I do have to wonder why she would call her blog The Country Muffin..... definitely snarkable.

I don't think it's her blog. I came across that entry when I googled her name. But I think that blog is someone else. Not sure why she wrote something for the blog. I'm too lazy to look into it.

If it is true that JB has set up a credit card referral program just so he can skim off some of the donation money, then that is one of the most despicable things I could ever imagine a father and a Christian doing. How many people donating to Jill and her husband so that they can do God's work are also aware that they are giving JB money just to pay his bills? Ugh. He is turning into a Mafia Don with this little skimming-off-the-top scheme. I'm sure it is all legal but it is immoral as hell.

There is 7% Baptist. Is that group safe?!

Most likely. As far as I know, Jill's family is/were Independent Baptists and Derick grew up in a type of Baptist as well.

Evangelists love Latin America--they've been making inroads there for over thirty years. Duggar friend and benificiary Mike Schadt and his SOS Ministry consider their El Salvador plant sturdy enough to send out runners to Honduras and, recently, Guatemala. I'm not sure how singing and painting fingernails = soul winning, but there you go. :roll:

soshope.org/ministries/central-america/

(They have operations in Africa and "Mid-Asia," too, as well as the US, but that last one isn't very glamorous. )

Evangelists love Latin America--they've been making inroads there for over thirty years. Duggar friend and benificiary Mike Schadt and his SOS Ministry consider their El Salvador plant sturdy enough to send out runners to Honduras and, recently, Guatemala. I'm not sure how singing and painting fingernails = soul winning, but there you go. :roll:

soshope.org/ministries/central-america/

(They have operations in Africa and "Mid-Asia," too, as well as the US, but that last one isn't very glamorous. )

Today, I asked a commenter on another site while Evangelicals love Latin America, and she told me that they love bringing Jesus to the people.

Of course, I told her that the Spaniards already did that many, many years ago.

Another commenter, a Mormon lady, told me that the Latin culture seems nicer and more receptive to the proselytizing...very open to missionaries.

EASY prey-

Sort of shifting topics but I was debating whether to post this and curiosity got the best of me so here goes...

I was looking at Dill's anniversary photos when I noticed something odd about this one particular shot where Jill is holding Izzy: https://36.media.tumblr.com/98f69f57273 ... 9_1280.jpg (link because FJ won't let me post the photo)

Look at Izzy's feet. Is it just me or is his big toe unusually big? Is this common for babies? Because personally, I've never noticed it before. I tried to find other photos where Izzy's feet is more visible but weirdly, there doesn't appear to be any. He's either wearing socks or the angle of the photo is such where you can't see his toes. :think:

Sort of shifting topics but I was debating whether to post this and curiosity got the best of me so here goes...

I was looking at Dill's anniversary photos when I noticed something odd about this one particular shot where Jill is holding Izzy: https://36.media.tumblr.com/98f69f57273 ... 9_1280.jpg (link because FJ won't let me post the photo)

Look at Izzy's feet. Is it just me or is his big toe unusually big? Is this common for babies? Because personally, I've never noticed it before. I tried to find other photos where Izzy's feet is more visible but weirdly, there doesn't appear to be any. He's either wearing socks or the angle of the photo is such where you can't see his toes. :think:

Unusually large big toes in males infants indicates an unusually large penis in the adult male.

Archived