IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Yes, something looked off with him in this video:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... en_US&_rdr

He looks like a newborn here, re his expression- hardly a 3 month old. In fact in every photo, this baby looks 'vegged out' and numb.

Autistic?

Define autism.

Autism is very difficult to diagnose, are you really able to do that after seeing just a few photos? As a developmental psychologist, in fact a university professor emeritus, you could teach me a thing or two about autism and the appearance of a three moths old looking developmentally off.

After a brief look at this thread, I have one question, who are these people?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was poking around their virtual begging bowl (why has Derrick already quit his job while they are begging for money?) and the default for donating is set so that you donate every month. Instead of giving them $25 once you can give it to them every month! How precious (and by that I mean greedy and deceitful).

OMG I can't believe people are trying to diagnose autism here in a 3 month old.

I have two children with autism and you have got to be kidding. This thread is off the rails.

So I was poking around their virtual begging bowl (why has Derrick already quit his job while they are begging for money?) and the default for donating is set so that you donate every month. Instead of giving them $25 once you can give it to them every month! How precious (and by that I mean greedy and deceitful).

When it comes to being "missionaries" they might out do John Shrader. Has anyone thought of suggesting a printing ministry to them?

How long has it been since I mentioned the Foe feature? Feel free to ignore the fuck out of any poster who annoys you.

Except for helpmeets. You can't Foe admins or mods. :nenner:

Thank you. I do know about and use the Foe function. Unfortunately it doesn't fucking work if people I agree with keep quoting the posts of people who I find annoying. I see the posts anyway.

Hint, hint. :lol:

When my daughter was a baby, I worried about possible delays, autism, etc. But each time she went to the doctor and pronunced her abolutely perfect, it as a weight off my mind. Because I am not a doctor. I can voice my concerns, I can get second opinions, etc. But ultimately I do not have the ability to look at a child and deem something is wrong with them. Especially not based on a photo or a thirty second clip.

In short, if you are not Israel's pediatrician, dont try to diagnose him with anything. You dont know.

To the posters complaining about FJ/getting butt-hurt because they are getting called out for stuff/just being Trolls in general:

I don't feel bad or guilty at all for calling you out. If you post something stupid then you need to understand you're going to get called out - possibly by multiple people. If you don't take the time to understand what a lot of people do and don't consider appropriate speculation you need to understand, again, that you're going to get called out. And if you continually get butt-hurt because you're getting called out for being a jackass then you need to get the fuck over it.

This is how FJ works. This is what you agreed to when you signed up for the site. HappyAtheist had to start a brand new thread to address this. That post included:

Free Jinger is not a Duggar fan site.

Neither is Free Jinger a hate-fest free-for-all.

We strive to be a place for intelligent discussion about controversial topics.

We will not be a place for baseless rumors, fan fiction, and trollish behavior.

Speculating about whether Izzy is delayed or Autistic is not intelligent discussion. It is, however, an excellent way to start a baseless rumor. Same goes for speculating on whether Derick has Marfan's, whether Jill is being irresponsible for not losing her baby belly, whether Jessa is a total bitch for spending so much time on her appearance, etc.

Seriously people - the Dillards are attempting to raise money for their mission trip. . . without revealing where they are going or why or what group they are partnered with. . . and there may or may not be an elderly woman who tried to donate thousands of dollars to them. Why are so many people here focusing on weight and whether a three month-old child is delayed (based off nothing but a handful of photos and short videos) rather than the fact that they are unemployed and begging for money to take a trip somewhere????? Seriously, what is so fucking interesting about Jill's body or Derick's looks that makes so many people completely overlook the fact that they're grifting for Jesus?! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I'm a noob here just like a lot of you are - yet I took the time to try and figure out how things work here. I've had my fair share of lessons to learn, but I've always managed to move past them and (eventually :lol: ) not take things personally. I have zero sympathy for people who don't take the time to understand the boards or who simply don't care about how things work around here. In my opinion, those posters deserve every bit of pitchforking they get. Don't like it? Then take your shitty comments over to People Magazine's comment section.

Israel looks absolutely positively fine to me in every way. The very fact they have been able to travel with him and how content he looks speaks volumes. Babies who go on to be diagnosed with autism are generally very irritable and do not travel well. And remember, they will be going overseas with him. He seems like a very easygoing little fella.

I know things have been boring with little information coming out.. but this talk about autism is really too much.

The window in that room looks consistent with the pictures from trulia.

what window? Am I looking at something wrong here?

I really worry about some older folks online. I have my grandmother's laptop in my closet. Apparently her bil told her it was broken after she spent her husband's inheritance on a myriad of scams. I found soooo of many pieces of literature from these things in her house when we cleaned it out. She was so delusional about it that even explaining that these people were trying to steal her money didn't always work. I had to start disappearing things when she wasn't looking so they didn't make it to the nursing home with her. She's a hoarder too so that added to the whole mess. Her stuff was mostly miracle health cures, including intravenous hydrogen peroxide. :pink-shock:

On the possible pregnancy stuff. I weigh around a hundred pounds and still have a postpartum pooch 9 years later (it's actually extra skin that never tightened back up) and there's no WAY I'm pregnant. While I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if Jill were pregnant, given her baby obsession, I wouldn't go off a pooch for that guess.

I doubt Jill is pregnant if she is breastfeeding and also trying to heal her scar and uterus well enough to VBAC. Also if you think about it, she's about to pack up her stuff and go overseas any day now with a new-ish baby. Not a great time to get pregnant and go to a third world country, when you couldnt' deliver your first baby without a C-section. I very much doubt now she will have another child right away. If she'd tried to have a home birth in a third world country and got into trouble like with Israel, you'd be surprised how crude and nasty hospitals are in some places. I really doubt they'd want to risk it.

As far as the pooch, that's normal too. We all have different bodies and babies. Jill is small and had a nearly 10 lb baby. Israel was nearly the equivalent to twins! a lot of twin moms look just like Jill at 3 months.

Jill and Derick look happy, and so does Israel.

Enjoy!

Hahaha! that is hilarious!

Mind you after that I was tempted by 'foe my nasty arse.' :lol:

It's funny, it's alright for posters to comment on people in a nasty and offensive manner but the minute you treat them the same way they become all hurt and whingy, bless them. That irony appears lost on some.

I find it interesting that they are asking for money to fund their ministry trip.....

I'd think between the show, the book, the people mag stories, that Jill has to have a bit of a nest egg saved up. I'm sure it's not tons of money, but I think it would be enough to get them started, especially if they joined some sort of organized ministry.

When I first heard the news they were going to be missionaries, I'd assumed TLC had just found their spin-off. If they do take donations, I hope they don't sell their travel tales to TLC, People, ect. afterwards.

But it runs in the family. Hasn't JD already been diagnosed by the medical experts of FJ? And then there's poor little Josie, who has been diagnosed with a broad spectrum of disabilities by the FJ experts.

Just saw this photo posted on the Duggar blog of the 1st anniversary Dillards.

Derick looks like the past year has really taken it out of him. Hopefully when he gets his little family overseas, he can de-stress being away from all the Duggar drama.

img_1910.jpg

Izzy probably looks the way he does because Jill always kept him swaddled so tightly/gloved/and in her stupid sling incorrectly. Maybe he hasn't had the chance to explore?

He also looks like Boob so maybe we're all projecting "dumb" onto him because of that.

what window? Am I looking at something wrong here?

There's a glimpse of window in the room where Jill is singing with little kids. I may have linked the wrong IG post, but it's from that Donaldson account.

People with autism can be mentally retarded, but can also be highly intelligent. One daughter with autism is now pursuing her master's degree and another is finishing off a double major in computer systems and electrical engineering at a top engineering school in the US. 'Dumb' they aren't. Just one of them probably has more college credits earned than the entire Duggar family. Calculate that one, TLC!!

Boob to me is street smart... unfortunately part of his street smarts is lying to get what he wants, and taking advantage of other's time and expertise in order to further his own interests. I cringed at him having those carpet layers teach all the Duggars how to do their job. Time is money, and he just lost those poor guys a ton of it for his own selfish ends.

Izzy probably looks the way he does because Jill always kept him swaddled so tightly/gloved/and in her stupid sling incorrectly. Maybe he hasn't had the chance to explore?

He also looks like Boob so maybe we're all projecting "dumb" onto him because of that.

he's 3 months old, they don't explore much yet.... he'll be getting going on that more now, they call the first 3 months the "fourth trimester" ....basically they still want to be in a womb-like environment.

now the Boob projection...i get that :) poor kiddo. Hopefully he grows some eyebrows and that will be the end of that.

I find it interesting that they are asking for money to fund their ministry trip.....

I'd think between the show, the book, the people mag stories, that Jill has to have a bit of a nest egg saved up. I'm sure it's not tons of money, but I think it would be enough to get them started, especially if they joined some sort of organized ministry.

When I first heard the news they were going to be missionaries, I'd assumed TLC had just found their spin-off. If they do take donations, I hope they don't sell their travel tales to TLC, People, ect. afterwards.

Yes, I'm sure they have some money in the kitty, whether or not TLC was planning to film the missionary stuff. As far as grifting goes, the Dillards are coming over worse than Shrader the mooch-extraordinaire and the Rodrigues idiots at the moment. At least those two families have established goals, however stupid and however much I disagree with them. I can't believe I just said that anyone was worse than Shrader or the Rodriguesii!

Also, were J and D going with a legitimate missionary organization a) the money would be directed there, not into the Dillard NFP and b) they would have some training before trotting off to help pester the locals in some developing country.

To ask for money for a mission to (super secret foreign location) to do (unspecified but probably nothing except proselytize the already Christian) for a length of time (unspecified) is unmitigated gall. Let's talk about that.

Have we ever found out exactly what "humanitarian aid" Derick was doing in Nepal? What training did he have to be a missionary before he went there? What skills does he think brings to a developing country - other than God-Speak? Why can't he be a "missionary" in the US before siccing himself and Jill on people in other countries?

Also, if Jill/Derick have the nerve to think that she can exercise her midwifery "skills" in some developing country they need their brains tested. A semi-trained lay midwife whose license in AR was been revoked, although that was possibly not her fault, could do more harm than good in a developing country. While any port is good in a obstetrical storm and Jill *might* be useful in a crisis, Jill trying to practice midwifery without a license would be totally unethical anywhere.

Just saw this photo posted on the Duggar blog of the 1st anniversary Dillards.

Derick looks like the past year has really taken it out of him. Hopefully when he gets his little family overseas, he can de-stress being away from all the Duggar drama.

img_1910.jpg

Jill looks very pretty and serene here. I think Derick looks fine, except for the pink around his eyes. It almost looks like conjunctivitis, but it has to be the lighting or a weird filter or something.

Derick is thin and thin people tend to look more haggard sometimes (my husband is one of those people). Add the messy hair and casual dress, and it can be taken for a more "stressed out" look.

Or maybe Derick is more stressed. He has a new wife and baby, just quit his job, is dealing publicly with his wife being a victim of molestation and is now apparently grifting to go on a mission trip. I hope that all of this has caused him to rethink his life and make some positive changes. We shall see.........

I have two children with autism and you have got to be kidding. This thread is off the rails.

Thankfully I think it's only one or two clueless folks right now. The rest of us think it's ridiculous.

Yes, I'm sure they have some money in the kitty, whether or not TLC was planning to film the missionary stuff. As far as grifting goes, the Dillards are coming over worse than Shrader the mooch-extraordinaire and the Rodrigues idiots at the moment. At least those two families have established goals, however stupid and however much I disagree with them. I can't believe I just said that anyone was worse than Shrader or the Rodriguesii!

Also, were J and D going with a legitimate missionary organization a) the money would be directed there, not into the Dillard NFP and b) they would have some training before trotting off to help pester the locals in some developing country.

To ask for money for a mission to (super secret foreign location) to do (unspecified but probably nothing except proselytize the already Christian) for a length of time (unspecified) is unmitigated gall. Let's talk about that.

Have we ever found out exactly what "humanitarian aid" Derick was doing in Nepal? What training did he have to be a missionary before he went there? What skills does he think brings to a developing country - other than God-Speak? Why can't he be a "missionary" in the US before siccing himself and Jill on people in other countries?

Also, if Jill/Derick have the nerve to think that she can exercise her midwifery "skills" in some developing country they need their brains tested. A semi-trained lay midwife whose license in AR was been revoked, although that was possibly not her fault, could do more harm than good in a developing country. While any port is good in a obstetrical storm and Jill *might* be useful in a crisis, Jill trying to practice midwifery without a license would be totally unethical anywhere.

Because Jesus, that's why. :pray: :nenner: :lol:

Seriously though, I absolutely agree with you. My best guess is they decided to do an international mission because a good amount of Christians in the states are already Protestant (and not ebil Catholics). Benessa can minister to those Americans not Protestant via social media, while the Dills can minister in person to the poor victims innocent bystanders poor lost souls of some random country.

Because Jesus, that's why. :pray: :nenner: :lol:

Seriously though, I absolutely agree with you. My best guess is they decided to do an international mission because a good amount of Christians in the states are already Protestant (and not ebil Catholics). Benessa can minister to those Americans not Protestant via social media, while the Dills can minister in person to the poor victims innocent bystanders poor lost souls of some random country.

How could I have forgotten. :pink-shock: Of course Jesus laid it on Jerick's hearts to purpose for the mission field because of all those fields rich with non-white souls desperately needing harvest. :lol:

I wish we could find out exactly what Derick actually did do in Nepal though. He can't have spent all his time Skyping with Jim Bob and Jill. I lack google-fu and haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help with that?

People reaching regarding the health/development of a Duggar-related child?! No, that could never happen here!

Especially when we have Degreed Medical ProfessionalsTM looking at pictures--pictures, I say!--to do their diagnosing. My doctor always requires me to bring in photos and Instagram videos before he's willing to offer a diagnosis.

My diagnosis is that Izzy has gotten WAY cuter since he was born (and I'm someone who usually thinks newborns are adorable) ;)

Archived