IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

Not to mention said Jonas brother later took that ring off and engaged in pre marital sex, stating he learnt it was good for his health, so that's why he did it.

All three of the Jonas Brothers had them at one point. The only one who kept the promise was the eldest Jonas. He married at 21-22 but said the expectation of sex was greater than the actual thing. The two other ones stopped wearing them after awhile and both admit to having premarital sexy times. :cracking-up:

Slightly embarrassed I know this much about the Jonas Brothers but they were pretty huge when I was in middle school. :shifty:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, Camp Rock got big around the time I was starting high school, so I hear you. Ironically, I believe Demi, Selena, and possibly Miley, as well, had them to. Interesting tidbit, Miley and Selena both dated Nick, and Demi dated Joe, and I want to say at least in the latter case, the rings came off shortly thereafter. Jordin Sparks had one at some point too. Apparently it was a big thing at the time. :lol:

I remember purity rings being a big thing for disney stars at the time.

Curious how all of that ended.

I think disney wanted to promote abstinence, but, at leats in me and my friends case, we all believed they were nuts. And we had a good laught over Nick Jonas or Kevin jonas (i don't remember who is the oldest) when he got married

All three of the Jonas Brothers had them at one point. The only one who kept the promise was the eldest Jonas. He married at 21-22 but said the expectation of sex was greater than the actual thing. The two other ones stopped wearing them after awhile and both admit to having premarital sexy times. :cracking-up:

Slightly embarrassed I know this much about the Jonas Brothers but they were pretty huge when I was in middle school. :shifty:

In general I think abstinence and purity rings were IN during the mid to late 2000s. Ironically, I think that was also when they were phasing out DARE (at least in my school district) though they still gave us presentations about alcohol that were like "ALCOHOL IS A POISON AND A DRUG AND WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE"

The fun irony was watching kids who won prizes in DARE and such turn out to have reputation as partiers a few years later.

I remember purity rings being a big thing for disney stars at the time.

Curious how all of that ended.

I think disney wanted to promote abstinence, but, at leats in me and my friends case, we all believed they were nuts. And we had a good laught over Nick Jonas or Kevin jonas (i don't remember who is the oldest) when he got married

It was Kevin, Nick is the youngest. Lol Why do I know this?? The Jonas Brothers were popular when I was in middle/high school. I remember after Kevin got married his wife complained she didn't know he snores so loudly.

I think it's funny how these former young stars said they won't have sex until marriage, wore the purity rings took a pledge but forgot about it when they're older. Remember when Justin Timberlake said he was a virgin. Jessica Simpson kept her pledge, didn't she? But still had two kids out of wedlock. Bristol Palin took the pledge, look how that turned out.

My personal theory is that Disney required their young stars to sign purity contracts/promote purity and the soon as the contracts ended the stars were like yeah fuck that.

I hate selfies. They annoy me. Makes people look like they are so full of themselves (imo). Jessa has always posted way too many of them. However, the only time I think selfies are cute is when it's a pregnant woman showing off her belly. So, Jessa is off the hook for 9 months.....but that's it!! ;)

Yesterday I was trying to show the headship a picture of the crooked wedding band that Bin designed for Jessa, and when I googled for a pic, the search results showed thousands of pics of Jessa and Ben. His reaction: "Good lord, don't these people have anything else to do other than take selfies and post them on the internet?" :lol:

i don't buy that this means she's suddenly going to wear pants in public or anything like alyssa has.

but if i had to pick a j'slave to change from skirts-only to pants, sometimes, it'd be jessa... especially since she's married into the seewalds who are ok with pants and shorts.

I grew up in the dutch bible belt and as to this day I still don't go to the mall with uncovered shoulders or short pants :cray-cray: and yet I am divorced, was a single mom of 2 boys for a long time and (ohhh horror) living together with my BF ;)

It takes a long time to wear of the clothing thing (for me at least)

My personal theory is that Disney required their young stars to sign purity contracts/promote purity and the soon as the contracts ended the stars were like yeah fuck that.

Or it was all a ploy by Mr. Mouse (the true head of Disney since the 1950s) to sell sex to little girls. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for 4 meddling kids from Colorado. (I've been binge watching South Park.)

Or it was all a ploy by Mr. Mouse (the true head of Disney since the 1950s) to sell sex to little girls. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for 4 meddling kids from Colorado. (I've been binge watching South Park.)

I fucking LOVE that episode

I grew up in the dutch bible belt and as to this day I still don't go to the mall with uncovered shoulders or short pants :cray-cray: and yet I am divorced, was a single mom of 2 boys for a long time and (ohhh horror) living together with my BF ;)

It takes a long time to wear of the clothing thing (for me at least)

There's a Dutch Bible Belt? Ooooh, do tell!

There's a Dutch Bible Belt? Ooooh, do tell!

This is the background here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt_(Netherlands) I know it is wiki. But I came from woman are dressed modest, men are in charge and one political party here was forced a few years ago to let woman in and yes this is still a supporting part of government here (SGP). Skirts, no pants, education and job (as in nursing) till you get married and then you quit to have has many children as you can and be just a mother. Pro-life, strict and if you don't belong to your religion you don't go to weddings or funerals.

They have a fish symbol on the car or shop so that you know you can trust them and to trade with them

This is the background here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt_(Netherlands) I know it is wiki. But I came from woman are dressed modest, men are in charge and one political party here was forced a few years ago to let woman in and yes this is still a supporting part of government here (SGP). Skirts, no pants, education and job (as in nursing) till you get married and then you quit to have has many children as you can and be just a mother. Pro-life, strict and if you don't belong to your religion you don't go to weddings or funerals.

They have a fish symbol on the car or shop so that you know you can trust them and to trade with them

Wow, interesting. Thanks!

Wow, interesting. Thanks!

We still don't have kingsday or any holiday on sunday, if it is going to be sunday (even if it is to commemorate to war deads) we will have to transfer it to saturday ;) Even our king does that

Don't the Amish speak Dutch? I seem to remember that from Breaking Amish.

The amish speak old german wich is a bit related to dutch but not much

Edit: a bit of grammar ;)

The Amish speak a kind of Platt Deutsch, similar but not quite high German. I bought a book of Amish poetry and writings for a German friend. He said he could kinda understand it, knew most the words and could grasp most sentences, but it was very very odd German.

There are a lot of different Amish sects; in some areas of Pennsylvania, there are Amish with German/Dutch roots, but there are so many different groups I'm not familiar with many of them.

The Amish speak a kind of Platt Deutsch, similar but not quite high German. I bought a book of Amish poetry and writings for a German friend. He said he could kinda understand it, knew most the words and could grasp most sentences, but it was very very odd German.

True!

Jessa's continuing on the great Duggar forgiveness and mercy tour with her latest Instagram post.

Jessa's continuing on the great Duggar forgiveness and mercy tour with her latest Instagram post.

And immediately following it up with chicken nuggets. :? Strange.

Oh good! Ben is playing theologian: theseewaldfamily.com/2015/7/a-short-devotional

I never was into the whole devotional thing, but referencing 5 separate passages from the bible seems excessive. He's trying too hard to show he's not a dummy, but I can't shake the feeling that Ben is revealing that he's pissed as f#%* at Josh.

Anytime we sin, it’s a slap in the face of God.

But if sin is the pattern of our lives, this can be a sign that we really don’t love God.

Pretty sure Josh's molestations would be considered a pattern...

Can you, or someone else, share the images she posts to instagram? Sadly, I have been blocked. WAHHHHHHH it wasn't even that snarky of a comment either but that wench saw right through me :cry2: :thumbsdown3:

Can you, or someone else, share the images she posts to instagram? Sadly, I have been blocked. WAHHHHHHH it wasn't even that snarky of a comment either but that wench saw right through me :cry2: :thumbsdown3:

Just curious, what did you say to her to get blocked? It must be a full time job to block comments they don't agree with.

Archived