IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

I'm not surprised. The Duggars appeal to Fox's base, so they won't be touched. It's disgusting.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be turned into religious freedom vs. the illegitimate authority of government as perceived by fundies (who put God abovw country). This after a Christian PR expert declined their request for counsel.

EVERYONE! Watch right now. Megyn Kelly is on right now and said she is going to talk about her interview with the Duggars with a guest, Howie Kurtz. I'm interested in hearing more about what she says she is going to do...

For those of us with no tv access can you give a play by play? Pretty please?

For those of us with no tv access can you give a play by play? Pretty please?

I am watching right now, waiting for it.

To JB: Did you flip a coin and get heads 3x in a row before deciding to do this interview? Has the coin helped with other decisions relating to this situation? If yes, how exactly did it help?

To Michelle: Did you ever feel you didn't deserve to be Mother of the Year? If yes, explain why.

Is it possible to get Anonymous on the case for this? Because I'm beginning to think that the only way we'll see any kind of "justice" is through by-passing the normal channels.

Even though I've gotten a kick out of them going after shitty people, I'm fundamentally opposed to Anonymous. And in the Duggars case specifically, I'm not sure if their brand of justice is warranted. My vindictive and nosy side would love them digging up more information--like the actual police transcripts--but that would be worse for the victims so I don't actually want that to happen. The only "justice" that's possible at this point would be for the show to be cancelled and the Duggars to fade into irrelevancy, but Anonymous getting involved would make that even less likely.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Most people who are already inclined to sympathize with fundamentalist Christians will probably gladly embrace this excuse to ignore the fact that Josh Duggar is a child molester.

Fundies / conservative Christians WANT desperately to believe that what he did wasn't actually all that bad. They're just looking for a rationalization to justify what they want to believe.

I find it disgraceful that Fox News is siding with a child molester. I am disgusted by Josh's child touching ways even though I am probably more political conservative than most people on this site (though not as conservative as the Duggars). I hope that there are Fox News fans who have enough common sense and decency to see that even if you agree with someone's politics/religion, that does not give the person a license to touch children!

I agree about the conservatives and fundies not changing their minds, but there are a lot of moderates just realizing how messed up this family is and I think the Duggars playing the victim in this is going to solidify those people's new opinions that the Duggars are, in fact, awful role models.

Hi. Long time reader, first day poster...I truly believe they aren't capable of admitting they did anything wrong in how it was handled. They followed their religious rules. The girls were temptresses. In their mind those mandates are above government and laws and are infallible.

But I bet, if all else fails in turning sympathies, Michelle will drop a bombshell revelation about molestation when she was young.

People call her a baby addict, but I think the kids are just the price she has to pay to follow the rules that keep her safe in her mind...Many abuse victims retreat into eating disorders and conservative life restrictions in an attempt to gain control of their lives...If they play this card, bets are that the original abuser is dead now, but had access to Josh. I think she'd go there to save JB getting tossed under the legal bus for his lack of action. What DA wants to touch THAT!

Why cower behind mom and dad like a little boy? He should stand up and tell his side. Try to validate his answers or something.

It just strikes me as so odd. He's 27 and his parents speak for him? When does he man up and speak for himself?

JB has last say as the Dad, with capital "D". Until he's 6 ft under, Josh has to defer to his authority if he wants to stay in the family. He learned that young when they sent him away to "repent" his crime. Message sent: disobey, lose family.

ON NOW! She is talking about the Duggars RIGHT now! after this commerical. She's talking about it with a guest, Howie Kurtz.

If a non-Christian committed the same exact crime as Josh, how do you believe it should have been handled?

I just watched The Kelly File... Here is the play by play. Basically, Megyn is fuming with anger about the release of the police records and states it was against the law.

Just. Her. Face. was boiling mad about the "liberal media attack".

Megyn"On Wednesday our crew will travel to Arkansas to talk with the Duggars about what some of the media have dubbed the Duggars' "dark secret" (She sounded super snarky saying this).

Now they are going into the Duggar family history, faith history, political, and TV history, showing clips of the show.

They are going through some of the rules of the modesty and buddy system.

Their family value system has taken a hit with the oldest son, Josh Duggar.

They are showing clips of Josh looking at the baby on the ultrasound.

They are showing Josh's statement and briefly through the police report.

Since the controversy 20 advertisers have pulled out.

The interview is peaking interest but so is the interviewer. They are SHOWING the clip FROM THE VIEW saying Megyn Kelly is going to go easy on them!

Megyn: This is NOT going to be a cross examination from the family! (She rolls her eyes) It's going to be an interview, and I want to hear their story. What is remarkable to me is to see how many in the media have handled it from jumping to the Duggars are the worst, sick sick sick people, to people like this woman on CNN trying to make this the problem of the republican presidential field

-Now they are showing the clip from CNN that featured Ben Ferguson railing against the Duggars.

Megyn: Bill Clinton was accused of RAPE!!! But the fact that a presidential candidate has posed with some random member of the family is somehow a problem for the GOPers!??!!?

Howie: I am disgusted by the liberal media using this scandal..

Megyn: Where is the media outcry that someone leaked these police records!? (Super angry face)

Megyn: The law did NOT allow the release and everyone knows you are not allowed to release the sealed records of a juvenile. (Even ANGRIER face) Josh Duggar's private records have been improperly released and the records of the young girls have been improperly release. But the media didn't even pause and there is a question why the media is so excited to feast on this carcass! (I have never seen her face this angry... scary...)

Megyn:I don't plan on getting into the specific details about what is done because the victims don't want it discussed.

Megyn: This NEVER should have been released!!!

Megyn: The law clearly states this should NOT have been done!"

BOOOY is Megyn Kelly ANGRY!

luv2laugh has a better summary but hell, I wrote this up so here it is:

My notes. It was Megyn Kelly talking to two different men and I was awful about noting who they were here:

They included that it was his sisters, and that it wasn't until the 2nd incident that JB reported.

Called it "Christian work camp".

20 sponsors pulled out

Reaction to Megyn Kelly doing interview from View showing that someone called them fair and balanced or something.

Not going to be a cross-examination, she wants to hear story and thinks America wants to hear it.

Bitching about CNN tying it to Republican - from "Republicans' Josh Duggar problem" - points out Clinton accusations and bitches about how it's supposedly a problem that Republicans posed with him.

Liberal media types using story to score points. Where is media outrage over leak? Supposed to be "sealed and sacrosanct" but law didn't allow release. Media "so excited to feast on this carcass", haha, guy points out that sometimes people on right feast when liberal icons fall.

Howie: legitimate questions about why they didn't do more, why they signed family up for reality show

Megyn: I will ask about all of that, nothing is off limits, but don't intend to discuss specific details like what can be seen in police report that shouldn't have been public.

I KNEW it. Megyn's getting all angry about the police records of a juvenile being released. Where is her anger about what happened to Josh's victims???!!! I'll almost put money on Jim Bob, Michelle, and Josh being made to look like the victims themselves. Never mind their own daughters and that fifth victim!!!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

In other words, Kelly's planning on completely misleading the viewers in an attempt to redirect everyone's focus away from what Josh actually did wrong, and instead will focus on throwing as much mud against the police chief as she can in order to make the chief the bad guy.

What a bunch of bullshit.

We tried to tell ya'll how it was gonna go down.

Jim Bob would not have agreed to any interview that was not completely on his terms. Megyn Kelly is a right-wing shill. It's easy to do the math.

Interesting that they're acknowledging all eyes are on Megyn though.

My vindictive and nosy side would love them digging up more information--like the actual police transcripts--but that would be worse for the victims so I don't actually want that to happen. The only "justice" that's possible at this point would be for the show to be cancelled and the Duggars to fade into irrelevancy, but Anonymous getting involved would make that even less likely.

I think justice can still be served by prosecuting JB & M and the church elders who knew and didn't report it to authorities. And they can pull ATI into it as well if Josh did go there for rehab. They all had an obligation to report to the state themselves, not rely on JB claiming he did.

When M said in the police report that they sent Josh to a "friend doing remodeling", I think THAT was the lie. So the police wouldn't question ATI. Cuz who knows what they told ATI.

Thank you for the play by play. I really appreciate it. The spin and redirection is expected but still a disappointment.

I want Megyn to go after JB&M and expose them for the lousy parents they are. Grrr... But I hate to say it, but she might have a point about Josh's record being released. Is it legal to release the criminal records of a minor?

I'm not watching. No more money to the Duggars for a show that helps promotes a cult. And no money to the uber conservative Faux news hype machine. They both turn around and use the money that having an audience earns them, to buy politicians and screw up our government.

I want Megyn to go after JB&M and expose them for the lousy parents they are. Grrr... But I hate to say it, but she might have a point about Josh's record being released. Is it legal to release the criminal records of a minor?

It wasn't even a criminal record as he wasn't charged with any crime, and it probably should not have been released unless it was redacted to the point where no one could be identified. Whoever responded to the FOI request screwed up. (I'm guessing it was an intentional accident.)

However, that's all pretty much irrelevant now. Josh has admitted to molesting the girls and his parents admit covering it up.

Leave it to Megyn and Fox News to make it all about the librul media - and BILL CLINTON!!!! RAPIST! ELEVENTY!!!!

That was some strange shit.

I think it would be better to not watch the interview because in their eyes it's probably a sign of people supporting the Duggars. I'd just wait until it's online

Deflection.

JC, Josh admitted to molestation- the cat is out of the bag, focus on THAT.

He is not innocent and neither are his parents.

Actions have consequences, even if one thinks that they are better than sliced bread.

duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

FOX is going to show some of it on Wednesday and then the full special one hour interview on Friday according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-i ... on-scandal

I had no idea who Megyn Kelly is so I looked her up. Here's what I found out about her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rt6vqki_eE

:embarrassed:

I agree, it's going to be a fluff piece with no tough questions. I'd like to see her ask why the delay in reporting Josh, and to comment on the rods used for punishment mentioned in the Police Report.

MK- THE REPORT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED- true

Reply- And the girls never should have been touched.

And the son should have been sent to bonafide counseling

And the girls should have received counseling.

And the family never should have been put on TV as a role model to follow.

And the family should probably not be involved in attempts to deny others' rights based on their own biases.

Archived