IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

I'm sure that was the case. It's a "can't have it both ways" issue. If Josh got counselling the counselor would have had to report it. Since no report was made until Oprah reported it then his parents did not get him or the girls counselling.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure that was the case. It's a "can't have it both ways" issue. If Josh got counselling the counselor would have had to report it. Since no report was made until Oprah reported it then his parents did not get him or the girls counselling.

If this is the case, watch the Duggars throw the mandated reporter under the bus, or make it all a misunderstanding.

I hate when people think that everyone else is stupid based on their own overly inflated ego and sense of self importance.

I know this is a first page post, but I'd love see Rachel Maddow take a crack at it. Dr. Phil, if he was actually going to be tough on them, ditto Diane Sawyer and/or Robin Roberts.

Of course they could always get that guy from the UK that managed to piss off both Quentin Tarantino AND Robert Downey Jr. YEARS apart by asking inappropriate (to the topic at hand) questions and not knowing when to quit/change topics. I'd kill to see that train wreck. :stir-pot:

Thanks for sending me down that rabbit hole.

This just frustrates me so much. (Along with many of the posters on this forum I would guess.) As someone who doesn't watch Fox news I was thinking the past few days, they really can't ignore all of the facts and spin this in defense of the Duggars, can they? (me = naive, apparently!!)

Lol. The right-wing media can ignore the fact that the sky is blue-- or at least hire a scientist to argue that it's green and then "report the controversy."

I just can't believe politics and religion can have that much power and sway in the world. But what frustrates me most is I really feel like I have no idea how to change things like this from happening. I guess a small part of me hopes being a long time lurker of FJ and now slowly starting to post on FJ and talking with my family/friends about these concerns helps in some small way.

Don't get me started on big money and how they're buying politics and using religion to keep people swallowing their bullshit. Sometimes I get so angry I don't know what to do. Maybe I should take up boxing so I can hit the punching bag. :cussing:

Actually, Mike Reagan a conservative right wing radio host asked if Barack Obama confessed to the same crime, would conservative Christian poo-poo it and the answer was NO.

Who did he ask?

You know what sucks the most about this? The message that has been sent to all girls and women in the fundie community: If they are abused, they truly have no where to turn. Their parents won't help them. Their church won't help them. The police won't help them. Mandating reporting laws won't help them. And, now in their eyes, going public won't help them, either, because the media that they are allowed to see is protecting Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh. Every system we have in place to prevent these types of abuses has absolutely failed these girls and many more just like them. It makes me sick.

Lol. The right-wing media can ignore the fact that the sky is blue-- or at least hire a scientist to argue that it's green and then "report the controversy."

Don't get me started on big money and how they're buying politics and using religion to keep people swallowing their bullshit. Sometimes I get so angry I don't know what to do. Maybe I should take up boxing so I can hit the punching bag. :cussing:

Once you make all the connections it's so damn frustrating. I can see why some in the US have stopped voting. It's such a corrupt system. At this point, we may as well sell the positions to the highest bidders and take all those middle people looking for a payback out of the equation.

To the person above who cannot believe, I wish that I could be you.

All these wedge issues: religion, abortion....the politicians just put those out there to distract us while they fleece us from behind with regards to fiscal issues.

Do you really think some 75yo man who has been in politics forever really cares about all poor people continuing pregnancies? More children on welfare rolls? I seriously doubt it. He just says those things to attract people like the Duggars and to make sure above all else, that he gets re-elected. While the Duggars are busy campaigning for said 75yo, and using abortion as their platform, the 75yo is focusing on corporations and how he can trade future $$$$$ legislation for campaign dollars.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Megyn Kelly is not going to do the right thing. I thought for sure she would want to expose the dangerous Gothard cult IBLP and how much it hurts women.

But instead, she's just going to praise the disgusting Duggars for their "beliefs". Because believing that 5 yr old girls can ask for it is totally respectable.

I'm not even going to hate watch this interview. I don't have the stomach for such sickness.

Megyn Kelly has a law degree, I wonder how she would have liked being raised in a family that did not allow her to get the education that got her where she is today. What a hypocritical fucko, she's working at the right network.

Well, I guess I was wrong. Megyn Kelly is not going to do the right thing. I thought for sure she would want to expose the dangerous Gothard cult IBLP and how much it hurts women.

But instead, she's just going to praise the disgusting Duggars for their "beliefs". Because believing that 5 yr old girls can ask for it is totally respectable.

I'm not even going to hate watch this interview. I don't have the stomach for such sickness.

Megyn Kelly has a law degree, I wonder how she would have liked being raised in a family that did not allow her to get the education that got her where she is today. What a hypocritical fucko, she's working at the right network.

I feel the same way. I had some hope for this interview. The only thing I can hope for is that she was downplaying things for the teasers so as not to scare off JB&M, but will ask the tough questions when the time comes. She is a good reporter, very smart, educated, and a mother - I have to hope that somewhere in her being she can see through this BS and use this interview as a chance to help other kids in the same situation.

But I suspect this will just be a fluff piece. :(

I'm really not at all surprised that Megyn Kelly is siding with the Duggars. Nothing in her past led me to believe it would go any other way. And, nothing in the Duggar's past said they would do anything other than talk about how pretty their life is and how holy they are and how much Jesus loves them. They're so removed from reality, they wouldn't recognize it if it smacked them across the face. I fully believe that Michelle and JB fully believe that they have only done amazing things and that they're lives are completely perfect. They also fully believe that Joshy made a boo boo and it's all better now cause Jesus.

The Duggars will NEVER own up to what they did.

Who did he ask?

It was an audio podcast that was linked here last week. It was another pastor's show. The pastor knew the Duggars and knew of the incidents.

I wish I remember the guys name so you could search for the link.

The only parties the Duggars should be blaming for the police report getting out are themselves. When you seek notoriety for yourself the way the Duggars have, you lose your right to privacy. Had they not been so fame hungry and egocentric, they would have considered this before they sold out years ago. Especially with this sickness and wounds left untreated in their own "precious" children (using their own words). They cannot have it both ways now. The report was legally obtained and contains evidence of crimes committed that were covered up. The Duggars are all public figures now who have been selling their family as the ideal to "encourage" others (using their own words). They've put themselves on a pedestal for all to "admire" (using their own words again) and have used this platform to dispense advice on everything from parenting, family relationships, purity and the Bible as though they are the experts. Now the Duggars' hypocrisy is being exposed and legitimate questions are being raised that the Duggars and TLC have sold the public a sham. That's what needs to be discussed, Megyn Kelly.

Fox News is not a fair or responsible news agency and Megyn Kelly is not a trained or impartial journalist. In my book, she's not a journalist at all, but rather a Media Personality. Megyn (Gah, the spelling of her name makes me crynge) may have graduated from law school, but she proves you can be both an attorney and a right wing shill at the same time. She is a feminist when it pleases her to be a feminist; that is when it personally affects her. Her marching orders come from the network that signs her paycheck, not her personal convictions, whatever they are. So she is the perfect person to interview Ma and Pa Duggar.

Can you share with our viewers, Mrs. Duggar, how you felt when you realized that the police released this privileged and sealed information in order to destroy your family?

Fox News is not a fair or responsible news agency and Megyn Kelly is not a trained or impartial journalist. In my book, she's not a journalist at all, but rather a Media Personality. Megyn (Gah, the spelling of her name makes me crynge) may have graduated from law school, but she proves you can be both an attorney and a right wing shill at the same time. She is a feminist when it pleases her to be a feminist; that is when it personally affects her. Her marching orders come from the network that signs her paycheck, not her personal convictions, whatever they are. So she is the perfect person to interview Ma and Pa Duggar.

Can you share with our viewers, Mrs. Duggar, how you felt when you realized that the police released this privileged and sealed information in order to destroy your family?

*sigh*

You're absolutely correct :(

Meghan Kelly is not going to attack the Duggars. This is going to be another "Fox exclusive!!!" about conservative Christians being persecuted for their beliefs.

Fox exists to get the base of the republican party riled up to vote in a way that benefits the richest Americans. They can't come right out and say that you should vote for XYZ because it will help people like Mitt Romney, so they have to find ways to make their ideas palatable to their audience while still achieving the goals of taking care of the desires of the richest Americans.

The easiest way to do this is to control what emotions are evoked by the stories and opinions that are presented. They want their audience to spend most of their time in a loop of anger, bitterness, paranoia, and fear. Their audience is predominantly older, white, conservative Christians, so they slant their stories so that Christianity is constantly being attacked and find ways to demonize those who are not in the above categories.

They carefully apply a light covering of Christian beliefs to their tirades to make it more palatable to their audience. For example, when they demonize the poor as lazy, undeserving scum who are just waiting for their government benefits to arrive, they will mention things like how the bible says those who won't work shouldn't eat.

Their audience is fine with outright bigotry towards certain groups, but if they can achieve their goals by dog whistles, that is a safer way. Then, when someone objects, they can deny it and carefully use it to get their audience back in the loop of anger, bitterness, paranoia, and fear. They teach their audience that they are constantly under attack and their only defense is to vote for policies that actually hurt them, while making it seem that they are "standing up for _____" or "protecting _____" from the person or groups they have been encouraged to hate. Also, it's obvious that hey have studied how cults control their members and work to ensure that their audience believes that only Fox and those that Fox presents to them can be trusted to tell them the truth.

Sorry to rant. I've just seen too many of my older relatives go from the "conservative, but sane" category to angry, bitter, paranoid, fearful people because of a steady diet of Fox. :angry-banghead:

GMTA, I just realized that if the reeducation facility has any claims of being a counselling facility then they have a mandate to report.

I'm posting this again (after I told myself I wouldn't post it anymore :lol: ) because I haven't seen it called a treatment center by anyone except people here and in the media who are trying to believe there was at least a tiny attempt at treatment. It was vocational training. Period. No treatment, but plenty of indoctrination, I'm sure. http://web.archive.org/web/200505272214 ... struction/

I guess I'll stop posting it when people stop calling it a treatment program.

Right but anyone defending them would say that there is no proof that is where he went and/or that Josh and his victims may have had therapy elsewhere. But the fact that no report was made proves there was no therapy.

Fair enough. But M could have changed her tune about whether he went to a friend vs. a Gothard run brainwashing camp. That way she turns the police eyes away from Gothard. It wouldn't look too good to have the police looking into their program.

All these wedge issues: religion, abortion....the politicians just put those out there to distract us while they fleece us from behind with regards to fiscal issues.

Exactly. Also, anti-abortion rhetoric has fiscal consequences, they just refuse to talk about the cost of the state owning women's bodies. It costs more to care for a woman's pregnancy and delivery than it does to provide abortion and birth control. It costs even more if a woman has had post partum depression and requires mental health treatment. Mental health treatment will also be required if she was made pregnant by rape and is subsequently suffering from PTSD, depression, or other health issues. If a woman is too poor to get therapy after adoption, would we just sit there allow her to suffer emotionally? Orphanages are expensive and any government sponsored haven of child abuse will in turn cost us by way of higher incarceration rates and drug abuse; as if the foster system isn't bad enough.

At the end of the day, choosing ideology over a woman's right to choose is not only exploitative of women but opens society up to even more financial burdens. If people think Obamacare is expensive now, wait until abortion is outlawed. Then we'll have tons of extra mouths to food, more health problems to treat, and a foster care crises to deal with. The rich won't have to deal with these things - the working class will, though. It'll all roll downhill on the rest of us while they live in their gated communities safe from the unhealthy behaviors that result when people are unwanted, neglected and abused.

I'm posting this again (after I told myself I wouldn't post it anymore :lol: ) because I haven't seen it called a treatment center by anyone except people here and in the media who are trying to believe there was at least a tiny attempt at treatment. It was vocational training. Period. No treatment, but plenty of indoctrination, I'm sure. http://web.archive.org/web/200505272214 ... struction/

I guess I'll stop posting it when people stop calling it a treatment program.

Can someone send out this FAKE "treatment" center to Megyn Kelly's team and to the media so that they don't let the Duggars go on there tomorrow blabbing about how Josh received "Christian counseling"???

Posting the link so people know what I'm talking about:

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/megyn-kelly-previews-duggar-interview-nothing-is-off-limits-201526

What pisses me off about her comments about Clinton is that at any other situation, I would be expected to believe a he is innocent as long as he hasn't been charged and convicted. They will shout to the rooftops at Lena Dunham and the rolling stones debacle but it comes to Clinton he is guilty guilty guilty without any question. Their standards for presumption of innocence are both arbitrary and politically motivated, and very rarely apply to women who are tangled up in controversy. Disgusting.

It was an audio podcast that was linked here last week. It was another pastor's show. The pastor knew the Duggars and knew of the incidents.

I wish I remember the guys name so you could search for the link.

Was this the link? ETA to fix & break link: worldviewweekend.com/radio/audio/brannon-howse-may-27-2015

She's got the "fuck you, I've got mine" attitude. :angry-banghead:

There are posters calling this interview a FLUFF piece. At this point, I wish that were the case. It's not going to be frivolous. This will be the first step in rehabbing the Duggars and getting everyone distracted from the original issues to police report being released and the liberal media jumping all over the Duggars just because they evidently hate all Republicans and think this will be the one way to stop them from becoming president. Those will be the new talking points.

Oh what I wouldn't give for just a fluff piece ...

Was this the link? ETA to fix & break link: worldviewweekend.com/radio/audio/brannon-howse-may-27-2015

That's it.

Archived