IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling a lot of it is going to be background "fluff" stuff that most people who ave followed them already know.

If the bikini lawnmower story makes one more appearance, I might toss my TV out the window in rage.

I want SO BAD for it to be brutal. No sentimental flashbacks of the kids' childhoods to make us feel warm and fuzzy, no way to deflect attention to anything else except exactly why they are there, which is their son's crime, their failure to protect the victims, and their religious cult's long an extensive history of hidden abuse.

If the bikini lawnmower story makes one more appearance, I might toss my TV out the window in rage.

I want SO BAD for it to be brutal. No sentimental flashbacks of the kids' childhoods to make us feel warm and fuzzy, no way to deflect attention to anything else except exactly why they are there, which is their son's crime, their failure to protect the victims, and their religious cult's long an extensive history of hidden abuse.

I agree the lawn mowing bikini story has. got. to. end! However, if I were a gambling woman I would bet that the worn out story makes an appearance in this interview. How many times will she say "Women are responsible for stirring up desires and feelings in men that can not be righteously fulfilled"? So it will be interesting to see what JB and Michelle's PR people have put together for this interview. Will they stay low with the religious rhetoric or will they be out in full fundie force. If they play by the PR reps rules I bet they will be cautious about saying anything about their religion and this will instead be an interview where they admit they made mistakes and take full responsibility for the debacle that this has become.

It is because Josh is off 19 kids. I can't see anyway TLC is letting Josh back on the air. Right now Jim Bob and Michelle's future on 19 kids is up in the air. This interview is not about explaining their side of the story. It is damage control and to see if the public will accept Jim Bob and Michelle back on TV.

Are they still considering adoption?

:lol: I hope she will ask them the question!

That could make this pre-scipted interview funny!

Even if JB and Michelle know the questions in advance, I bet that they are spending days enduring mock interviews. They are probably being peppered with questions by whoever is orchestrating their public relations. If this is true, we won't get any "deer in the headlights" looks unless an unexpected question is thrown in. Even then, that could be edited out. If this is the case, they will come across as very calm and articulate and this will work in their favor. What they say may be utter BS but if they are calm and resolute, some people will sympathize with them. This is my fear for this interview.

Why would Josh or The Duggars agree to a hard hitting interview? If you were Josh or The Duggars, would you want to? What would be the upside for them?

The JB and Michelle approach is the better way for them because they can say we were the adults... right or wrong this is how we dealt it. We tried our best. We prayed and sought guidance for the church. At least the parents can be held more accountable. Josh would be able to get away with I was just a stupid kid, and I wish I hadn't done it. Where do you go from there? What's your follow-up question? He played the kid card. You can try well you spent your adult life attacking others such as people who identify as LGBT. And he can respond, yes, my experience doing wrong made me so I don't want others to commit the same mistakes.

Because that isn't going to be enough. Not this time.

Unless you're a Nielson family (you know if you are one), you're not going to affect their ratings. There are people who either agree to have a device monitor their viewing or fill out a diary of what they watched. Based on what those people watch, Nielson extrapolates to the total number of people watching.

So feel free to watch without guilt (or just be sorry afterwards, if God forgives child molestation, I'm sure he's cool with television shows)

Isn't data also collected now from people who have DVRs even without being a part of Nielsen?

I always dreamed of being a Nielsen Family as a kid. The Roseanne episode only made me want it more. I've always felt about her family the way the leghumpers feel about the Duggars. The Conners were the moral authority for my childhood and were a guiding force in my life. :mrgreen:

As bad as Fox New is, I can't see them filling up a whole hour with content-free god talk. That's what the 700 Club and other explicitly Christian shows are for. I don't know what Kelly's religious orientation is, but I do know that whatever she is, it's wrong by Duggar standards. I can see them talking past each other.

Megyn is Catholic, if I remember correctly.

On a related note, didn't Josh make some withering comment about Catholics on his Instagram months ago?

Isn't data also collected now from people who have DVRs even without being a part of Nielsen?

I always dreamed of being a Nielsen Family as a kid. The Roseanne episode only made me want it more. I've always felt about her family the way the leghumpers feel about the Duggars. The Conners were the moral authority for my childhood and were a guiding force in my life. :mrgreen:

Depending on your cable provider and if you've allowed data collection yes, it reports back. My directv boxes are all enabled to allow monitoring.

It's even better than you think: that's the actual title of Fuckabee's book! He's calling himself & his cohorts that!

THAT MAKES MY ENTIRE LIFE OH MY GOD

Depending on your cable provider and if you've allowed data collection yes, it reports back. My directv boxes are all enabled to allow monitoring.

I have the most small town rural cable provider and our boxes report back and if you use the DVR and watch within 24 it reports as well. I always make sure to use my one TV with a cable box to view Days of our lives (since ratings are so important to keeping my 30 year addiction to a show on the air). When I watch the Duggar it is background noise and on the old analog cable tv that does not keep record.

How many times have we seen Josh's one statement requited in the media in the last week. Megyn's interview is going to be everywhere the next day so if you are afraid you might give them ratings, I'm sure there will be multiple sources online to get the information with hours.

I'm waiting to see the recap on the Duggar family blog, and all the fans saying how Jim Bob and Michelle are the greatest parents ever.

anyone who thinks Fox News + Megyn Kelly + Michelle Duggar + Jim Bob Duggar = Genuine Interview is delusional.

Even in the fun positive interviews with Michelle, she's a master at NOT answering questions. I recall one I saw on You tube where some random news reporter lady was getting a "tour" of the TTH and throughout, the lady would ask fairly interesting questions, but Michelle somehow managed to derail them completely and it usually ended in "we do things differently and it works for us!"

Even in the fun positive interviews with Michelle, she's a master at NOT answering questions. I recall one I saw on You tube where some random news reporter lady was getting a "tour" of the TTH and throughout, the lady would ask fairly interesting questions, but Michelle somehow managed to derail them completely and it usually ended in "we do things differently and it works for us!"

Well, at least Michelle was truthful, which is way more than I can say for JB. They do DO THINGS VERY DIFFERENTLY than most families. Not sure how well most of those different ways actually work.

Unfortunately, the thrust has always been that their was BETTER. In the words of Joy "there's a lot of duds out there". Yes, Joy, there's duds everywhere.

anyone who thinks Fox News + Megyn Kelly + Michelle Duggar + Jim Bob Duggar = Genuine Interview is delusional.

In my delusional universe, I would like for TLC to bring along to the interview a "Dugger Show Future Reveal Cake" which they could cut into live on air to find out whether they have been permanently dropped from the channel.

post-6866-14452000335109_thumb.jpg

If Fox’s Interview With Duggars Takes 6 Minutes, That’ll Double Its Scandal Coverage (VIDEOS)

There was a post about the interview on the Official Duggar Facebook page and now there isn't, hmmmm.

Slightly OT, but from her Twitter page: "Happily married to Doug, crazy in love with my children Yates, Yardley, and Thatcher..."

...Yardley?? :lol:

this is too much :wtf:

I agree that the interview will simply be a rehash of the statement JB and M already put out to the public: Josh's crimes will be presented as the sins of a confused child. JB and M will say they did what every Christian parent should do - they made Josh confess to the church elders and pray for forgiveness. Sure, some bad (liberal) people criticize them for not notifying the justice system but everyone knows that little Christian boys are better off in the hands of their parents than the government. And they found a good Christian treatment center where Josh examined his heart and repented. MIchelle will be crying and saying that maybe they made some mistakes but it is all good because God has forgiven them.

No mention of the victims or that they were his sisters and as young as 5 will be made. If someone who hasn't read all the coverage listens, JB and M's answers will be vague enough to make it sound like Josh kissed or front hugged a girl his age. And the crazy humpers will be reassured that the poor Duggars are indeed being persecuted by the liberal media.

Unless you're a Nielson family (you know if you are one), you're not going to affect their ratings. There are people who either agree to have a device monitor their viewing or fill out a diary of what they watched. Based on what those people watch, Nielson extrapolates to the total number of people watching.

So feel free to watch without guilt (or just be sorry afterwards, if God forgives child molestation, I'm sure he's cool with television shows)

Actually, God is opposed to television so much that even the godly people on TV will be banned from heaven. If God approved of TV, it would have been in the bible.

He's also against the Internet, light bulbs, and Sunday editions of comic strips.

Are they still considering adoption?

They weren't really considering it anyways. Cause adoption would mean that Michelle couldn't say "and I gave birth to every one of them!" Unless it was embryo adoption (which would not happen at her age, with her pregnancy history, or with her number of pregnancies).

They weren't really considering it anyways. Cause adoption would mean that Michelle couldn't say "and I gave birth to every one of them!" Unless it was embryo adoption (which would not happen at her age, with her pregnancy history, or with her number of pregnancies).

I know, I know...just a bit of dry humor. :)

Dr. Drew, Barbara Walters, ........

I would love to have the late Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes do the interview. The flop sweat would seep right through JB/M's TV makeup.

Archived