IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you wish you had been blanket trained?

Would you enjoy being brought up this way?

Tell us about the rod the child in the police report described. Tell us straight once and for all, did you hit, spank, or physically punish your children at any point?

What were the stipulations required by DHS?

What did the lawsuit brought by Josh and JB against the DHS entail?

What kind of treatment did the victims get? Did they see a professional counselor at any point?

What steps were taken to protect the victims, and to prevent any future victims?

What are your personal ties to Gothard?

How long did you know about Josh's behavior before going to the church?

Why did you go to the church and not the police or CPS?

DId the church put you under any pressure to keep Josh and the victims from receiving more mainstream counseling?

I can think of more, but that would be enough for a book I'm sure.

edited for grammar (and i thought of a couple more)

Did YOU tell the girls not to tell?

Did YOU tell the girls they were to blame?

Did you think you were above the law? "Render unto Caesar" and all that!

You had a troubled young son, but his own admission. What brought you to the conclusion that it would be good to agree to be featured on television with this type of background? In hindsight, do you still think it was wise to do this?

Do you regret any part of how you handled the situation, when it was first brought to your attention, and later, when the investigation was being conducted?

If it were some not related to the family who committed these acts, would you have been OK with them simply saying they're just asking God for forgiveness, and we should all move on?

Did you allow Josh to be alone with his sister/victims after you knew he had abused them?

Did you ever worry about his behavior among other girls, especially if their families were visiting & spending the night?

What did Anna know about Josh's past, and when did she know it?

When you built the TinkerToyHouse, did you purposely built just 1 giant girl's bedroom so the girls could protect each other?

Do you think Josh should have revealed his past sexual abuse problems to the Family Research Council before they hired him?

Looking back, do you think being on national television has been emotionally healthy for your family?

Bill? Really? The guy who just lost custody of his children?

Bill "the tides prove the existence of God" O'Reilly?

Yeah, that would just end up being an ultra-conservative circle jerk.

I want to believe that this will be the final nail in the coffin for the duggarnaut but I doubt it.

Part of me is hoping this will just make them look even worse - and make Faux bad for giving these people air time.

I really think the Duggars should be more familiar with Matthew 25:31-46, y'know, given how they're The Bestest Most Precious Christians Ever.[tm][/tm]

By covering it up and making the victims suffer repeatedly, so they also did to Christ. At least, according to their own beliefs...

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

Do you think Michelle will cry during the interview? Or just look adoringly up at Jim Bob the whole time?

I'd love to give her something to cry about

For the love of the gods, WHY did you not take swift action when you were very first told about this? Why, WHY, did you ignore it until he was caught again a year later?

How could you look your daughters in the eye, especially Joy, who was just 4 at the time, and tell them that they are the ones responsible for the lust and sexual actions of others? Especially Joy? Since she was just 4? Especially a 4-year-old. How do you even tell a 4-year-old victim that she's responsible?

Why is one son worth more to you than not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE girls? He's not? Bullshit.

Do you think that maybe this was sign from God that you should stop having kids? You know, if you can't protect the children you have from a predator, maybe that's a sign you've bitten more than you can chew?!

What are you doing to ensure your younger daughters are protected? Oh, you're telling them to read the Bible and dress modestly? Well, THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

How many other victims are there? None? Yeah right.

Anna, why would you create children with Josh knowing about his past? He's changed? How do you know? I'm going to need something a little more in depth than "He talked to Jesus about it and did construction work for four months."

What sort of counseling did you get for the victims? Calling them temptresses and mandating they forgive Josh doesn't count.

I have a feeling that Megyn Kelly really won't have to say/do much of anything. They are going to look like fools all by themselves no matter what they say. I have a feeling the majority of news outlets are poised and ready to rip this interview to shreds no matter what they say and it should spawn hundreds of articles and other discussion. They're going to be sealing their own grave.

This. At this point, I don't see how JB and Michelle can resurrect their images. They covered up the abuse of their daughters for ideological reasons and to make themselves look good. I don't think they understand the extent of how badly they screwed up. Whatever they say is going to be ripped apart online and on the talk shows. This will be especially true if they can't get past the Jesus talk, because that will be correctly interpreted as them stonewalling and engaging in self-aggrandizing. Jimmy Swaggart's tearful "I HAVE SINNED!" monologue will have nothing on the performance the Duggars are about to foist on us. :disgust: :penguin-no:

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

Anderson Cooper, an openly-gay man whose been hurt by their actions.

JOHN STEWART, who sure as hell doesn't shy away.

I'm not really a Nancy Grace fan since she tends to throw good people under the bus for the sake of trying to get under their skin, but this is a time when I think she'd do great work.

I'm relying on some of you to watch this - so I don't have to. I just can't. The Duggars? Fox News? Megyn Kelly? (Now if Bill Hemmer were doing the interview i might manage it - I have a minor crush on him).

All she has to do is let them talk.

JimBob, how did that hypocrisy and self-righteousness taste in your mouth when you ran for the Senate and stated anyone who committed child rape or incest should be put to death? Especially considering your own son, who at the least a committed child sexual abuser and pseudo incest. How do you reconcile not even turning him into the authorities until forced to do so after CPS got their report with condemning other criminals to death?

Michelle, how did that hypocrisy and self-righteousness taste in your mouth when you robo called all over the State and 'testified' countless times that gays and transgender people were dangerous to children and daughters everywhere were in danger from them considering you left a known child molester in your home for at least a decade after he molested your daughters?

Josh, how did that hypocrisy and self-righteousness taste in your mouth when you condemned LGBTQA people and talked endlessly about what they were a threat to children when you were and probably still are a threat to children?

Do you even understand what you've done to your daughters/sisters? Is there anything that will get through to you that you three are the victimizers, not the victims?

I seriously doubt there will be any mention of the victims being his sisters. That did not come out in any of the major news outlets, AFAIK, although it is well known and discussed all over the internet. The spin will imply this was peer age curiosity, OUTSIDE the clothing, and all is forgiven. I also doubt any discussion of Gothard, ATI, and their victim blaming outlook will crop up. Most of the world does not know anything about Gothard, and believe the Duggars to be some brand of Baptist. I actually agree with those who say that Jim Bub is not really religious at all.

ed. for riffles.

I seriously doubt there will be any mention of the victims being his sisters. That did not come out in any of the major news outlets, AFAIK, although it is well known and discussed all over the internet. The spin will imply this was peer age curiosity, OUTSIDE the clothing, and all is forgiven. I also doubt any discussion of Gothard, ATI, and their victim blaming outlook will crop up. Most of the world does not know anything about Gothard, and believe the Duggars to be some brand of Baptist. I actually agree with those who say that Jim Bub is not really religious at all.

ed. for riffles.

The possibility of the above is so likely, I could never watch this interview.

The Duggars have probably even convinced themselves that the above is true with regards to the incident.

I also hate Nancy Grace but somehow she's the only on that comes to mind that would be able to cut through a lot of the media's bullshit.

Do you think Michelle will cry during the interview? Or just look adoringly up at Jim Bob the whole time?

Both....At the same time. It's an art perfected by fundie women.

I think Jim Bob is more likely to cry than Michelle is, and she'll have a deer-in-the-headlights look on while lamenting her "mother's heart".

I'm relying on some of you to watch this - so I don't have to. I just can't. The Duggars? Fox News? Megyn Kelly? (Now if Bill Hemmer were doing the interview i might manage it - I have a minor crush on him).

I want to see a John Oliver bit on this afterwards. Though, that's just preaching to the choir.

I also hate Nancy Grace but somehow she's the only on that comes to mind that would be able to cut through a lot of the media's bullshit.

The idea of Nancy Grace going off on them and Michelle dropping the that fake baby voice would be entertaining. Although it would sound as enjoyable as two cats screeching at one another while simultaneously clawing a chalkboard. :popcorn2:

The idea of Nancy Grace going off on them and Michelle dropping the that fake baby voice would be entertaining. Although it would sound as enjoyable as two cats screeching at one another while simultaneously clawing a chalkboard. :popcorn2:

Although Nancy Grace always seems to be two seconds away from whipping up a lynch mob for whatever the subject is of her two minutes of hate, I would like nothing more than for JB and Michelle to have to endure the fullness of her wrath for sixty minutes.

Archived