IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

To JB:

Knowing that you had these incidents in your family's history, why did you think it was appropriate to sell your family to the media as an example of how to raise children, the kind of decisions to make and as a moral authority and family to emulate? Did you ever consider the destruction that would be done IF the truth was exposed? Did you put money before family and doing what's right by God and by law?

To Michelle:

How could you support JB's handling of the incidents and selling your family to the media, knowing of such incidents?

How could you make those robocalls with that exact message when you knew that your own son was guilty of molestation? Are you embarrassed and ashamed that you made those calls? What have you done to make amends to your community?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a dream come true if Nancy Grace could do it! She is vicious and I love it! I do feel bad for some of the people she rips into but they usually deserve it, maybe not to her degree of ass ripping but it's better that they're called out on their shit than not at all. Michelle won't cry, that woman doesn't have an ounce of guilt or sympathy, or love and compassion to express. She will dab her eyes with a tissue and sniffle but her bulging eyes will be bone dry as usual. I would like to say she is disconnected because of a high dose of antidepressants, but being a fundie, I doubt they allow drugs like that, she is just naturally fake and cold as ice.

I want to see a John Oliver bit on this afterwards. Though, that's just preaching to the choir.

Oh, yes. I'd love to see him actually give some background on Gothard and all that. It would be preaching to the choir, like you said, but it might inform some people who are neutral on the Duggars and show them it's really not just simply a big Christian family.

Plus I feel like people might be more apt to listen to a humorist who's telling the facts, as opposed to your typical straight-laced news sources.

If I could have anyone interview them, it would be Diane Sawyer. I know if they were interviewed there, the interview itself would only be about 15 minutes with the rest of the hour being Diane offering up proof of how they lied and also having other fundamentalist victims discussing how being raised that way has impacted them negatively.

Also, as much as he irks me, I wouldn't mind Dr. Drew doing it either. I watched some of his coverage last week and he and his co-hosts were on point ... minus this one woman that kept defending Josh. But Dr. Drew would interject and be like, "Sorry, but you're wrong." The only thing I disagreed with Dr. Drew about was that he said he'd be okay with bringing the show back, but only if the victims were open to doing it as a way to get therapy.

Are they doing part of the interview tonight? I don't want to watch it and anger myself, but I have to know what they are going to say.

Although Nancy Grace always seems to be two seconds away from whipping up a lynch mob for whatever the subject is of her two minutes of hate, I would like nothing more than for JB and Michelle to have to endure the fullness of her wrath for sixty minutes.

I would still watch that. :lol:

If I could have anyone interview them, it would be Diane Sawyer. I know if they were interviewed there, the interview itself would only be about 15 minutes with the rest of the hour being Diane offering up proof of how they lied and also having other fundamentalist victims discussing how being raised that way has impacted them negatively.

Also, as much as he irks me, I wouldn't mind Dr. Drew doing it either. I watched some of his coverage last week and he and his co-hosts were on point ... minus this one woman that kept defending Josh. But Dr. Drew would interject and be like, "Sorry, but you're wrong." The only thing I disagreed with Dr. Drew about was that he said he'd be okay with bringing the show back, but only if the victims were open to doing it as a way to get therapy.

Are they doing part of the interview tonight? I don't want to watch it and anger myself, but I have to know what they are going to say.

Anyone who thinks the show should or could come back is missing the piece that the cult is still driving the bus.

What part did the cult play in Josh acting out? What part did the cult play in JB's decisions and actions? What part did the cult play in victim accessibility, blaming and counseling?

I have a feeling that Megyn Kelly really won't have to say/do much of anything. They are going to look like fools all by themselves no matter what they say. I have a feeling the majority of news outlets are poised and ready to rip this interview to shreds no matter what they say and it should spawn hundreds of articles and other discussion. They're going to be sealing their own grave.

As much as other news agencies might rip it to shreds, Fox News, the #1 news network in the country will be there pulling out talking points that make Duggars look like the victims and praising Megyn's handling of it.

I think the "toughness" of the interview will go something like asking why did you wait so long to report it? And they will say something like, they were so shocked yadda yadda and were following their church elders advice and wanted to protect ALL of their children. And maybe if they could go back and change things they would. There's many things the we'd all like to change if we could blah blah blah.

Then other Foxcasters will pull that part out even and say, bringing in the big bad govt would have destroyed the family further.

Unless the brand of Christianity involved multiple wives, no one at Fox is going to start a War on Christianity. They are trying to save it from the liberals. There is no way in principle that Fox is going take any actions where they say, well we agree with the liberal media on X.

No one should underestimate the Duggars ability to come across as parents shocked and scared just trying to do the right thing, and in their case it's to lean on their Christian faith. That'll get you a long way in America.

#1 She JUST said 2 minutes ago on O'Reilly that she has NOT yet done the interview and is going down to Arkansas Wednesday morning to do it at their home.

#2 She stated that "there is FAR more to the story" and that "the police chief improperly released the police report and outed minors that did not want to be outed" and she said is going to go over this improper release with them and how their family is dealing with it. UGH!

Sounds like she's not going after the Duggars..she's going after the police chief.

Exactly. What a shame. I'm so disgusted by this. It sounds like this is going to be a total persecution interview, coupled with Michelle sobbing the entire time.

*facepalm*

Because THAT's the real issue here. Not that Josh molested his sisters, or that his parents covered it up and let it happen again, but that someone told. How hurtful! How awful for the family, having it come out! Their hearts must be broken! To have their hidden abuse uncovered-- can there be a greater tragedy for a family than that? :angry-banghead:

As much as that sucks, just remember that most people won't fall for that. Even if they do find the release inappropriate, they're still going to find the Duggars complaining about that of all things deplorable. This could be what digs the hole even deeper for them - playing the victim when they had their daughters living with the one who molested them? Good luck with that, Duggars.

Anyone else wonder if Josh will make an appearance at the interview?

He's a grown man. He's not a little boy anymore. What does he have to say about his actions? If they really sent him to rehab, what was it like? If he has been healed (or whatever the'd call it) how does he know?

It seems like most everything you would ask JB or Michelle he should have a perspective of.

Why cower behind mom and dad like a little boy? He should stand up and tell his side. Try to validate his answers or something.

It just strikes me as so odd. He's 27 and his parents speak for him? When does he man up and speak for himself? Even if towing the line and parroting everything Mom and Dad say, at least he would be showing his face.

It's Fox News, why is anyone shocked by this. It's not like any of us thought that it would be Frost/Nixon.

bahahah I was totally wrong saying that Megyn wouldn't be an actual tough cookie... she will be... on the Springdale PD.

Looks like Fox News is gonna help the Duggars come out swinging!

Well. Sh*t. With all the family under foot you know no serious questions will be asked. Definitely spinning this into the duggars favor

The duggars are the perrennial good Christians after all.

As much as that sucks, just remember that most people won't fall for that. Even if they do find the release inappropriate, they're still going to find the Duggars complaining about that of all things deplorable. This could be what digs the hole even deeper for them - playing the victim when they had their daughters living with the one who molested them? Good luck with that, Duggars.

I think most people will fall for that, actually. It's a savvy move--derail the discussion at hand by shifting focus. Because it WAS wrong for the police report to be released, and while that doesn't change the facts of what Josh did and how his parents reacted to it, people are fundamentally stupid and won't be able to accept those two facts at once. They'll see it as a choice between siding with the victims who were outed without their consent, or siding with those who outed them. Believing that the victims were wronged by the outing and that Michelle and Jim Bob were wrong in every possible way is just too much for most people wee little minds.

People suck. TLC won't cancel and when the Duggars are back on the air their ratings will be fine.

I think most people will fall for that, actually. It's a savvy move--derail the discussion at hand by shifting focus. Because it WAS wrong for the police report to be released, and while that doesn't change the facts of what Josh did and how his parents reacted to it, people are fundamentally stupid and won't be able to accept those two facts at once. They'll see it as a choice between siding with the victims who were outed without their consent, or siding with those who outed them. Believing that the victims were wronged by the outing and that Michelle and Jim Bob were wrong in every possible way is just too much for most people wee little minds.

People suck. TLC won't cancel and when the Duggars are back on the air their ratings will be fine.

I really hope this isn't true, but I agree with your sentiments that people are fundamentally stupid and suck, so I won't be surprised if it is.

There may be FAR MORE to the story, but the basic facts remain.

It could possibly be a farce. Poor JB and Chellie. Someone done those good Christians wrong.

Is it possible to get Anonymous on the case for this? Because I'm beginning to think that the only way we'll see any kind of "justice" is through by-passing the normal channels.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Most people who are already inclined to sympathize with fundamentalist Christians will probably gladly embrace this excuse to ignore the fact that Josh Duggar is a child molester.

Fundies / conservative Christians WANT desperately to believe that what he did wasn't actually all that bad. They're just looking for a rationalization to justify what they want to believe.

I find it disgraceful that Fox News is siding with a child molester. I am disgusted by Josh's child touching ways even though I am probably more political conservative than most people on this site (though not as conservative as the Duggars). I hope that there are Fox News fans who have enough common sense and decency to see that even if you agree with someone's politics/religion, that does not give the person a license to touch children!

It's really clever. Here is poor Joshie who make this awful mistake when he was a young teenager. His devastated parents had to get him and his siblings through this. They weathered the storm with help from Jesus and look what Joshie had become: Smuggar, a happily married father of 3 with 1 on the way. He had a job that was trying to make the world a better place. The sisters have long ago moved on, and now mistakes he made as a child got dragged up for some agenda.

What other news agency would take that narrative and run with it.

EVERYONE! Watch right now. Megyn Kelly is on right now and said she is going to talk about her interview with the Duggars with a guest, Howie Kurtz. I'm interested in hearing more about what she says she is going to do...

Archived